DE DE - John 'Jack' Wheeler, 66, Wilmington, 30 Dec 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am beginning to wonder if we will ever find out what went on here

I am beginning to wonder if we will ever find out what went on here
So am I. I have been following this case since Wheeler was murdered. At first I thought this was just a mugging gone bad, but now I am leaning towards his death being somehow related to his work. I don't think we are being told everything and I have no doubt that it's being concealed for possible national security reasons. Jack's wife has gone on record as stating that she believes John Wheeler's murder was "not random", and that she feels that the FBI isent devoting enough resources to the case.

I mean wouldent a thief take his West Point class ring (that would be extremely valuable), his wallet, etc?

So am I. I have been following this case since Wheeler was murdered. At first I thought this was just a mugging gone bad, but now I am leaning towards his death being somehow related to his work. I don't think we are being told everything and I have no doubt that it's being concealed for possible national security reasons. Jack's wife has gone on record as stating that she believes John Wheeler's murder was "not random", and that she feels that the FBI isent devoting enough resources to the case.

I'm not even sure the FBI is investigating. Newark did make a fuss about paying for the investigation.

Mr. Wheeler hadn't been working for the government for about 2 years, He was a consultant Mitre Corporation, which does do defense contracts.

I mean wouldent a thief take his West Point class ring (that would be extremely valuable), his wallet, etc?

Maybe not. Suppose a mugger wanted rob him, hit him and killed him. The mugger panics, and dumps his body into a nearby dumpster. It's a possibility, but an outside one.

Another possibility is that he got into a fight. I'm not convinced of mental stability.

I think we can assume that Mr. Wheeler didn't go into the dumpster himself and was killed in the process of dumping it into the truck.

LE can make that determination, based of the determination for Mr. Jones.

I had some people in the media discussing that possibility.

he wasn't in Columbia ever, was he?
Nice one! lol :floorlaugh:

On a more serious note I cannot believe how little attention is being devoted to this case. This guy was so active in government and military matters, he gave everything to this nation and in return it's almost like nobody except his family, friends, and co-workers care about solving his murder. Where is the FBI? Why the nearly total media silence?

Does *someone* in the Beltway crowd not want this case solved?

A very good one! :)

On a more serious note I cannot believe how little attention is being devoted to this case. This guy was so active in government and military matters, he gave everything to this nation and in return it's almost like nobody except his family, friends, and co-workers care about solving his murder. Where is the FBI? Why the nearly total media silence?

The FBI doesn't have direct jurisdiction. The media only reports news, as a rule.

No updates. :(

I have a feeling that this is being handled by the CIA and we'll never know what happened. JMO

I have a feeling that this is being handled by the CIA and we'll never know what happened. JMO

Or, maybe it was "handled" by the CIA and that's why we'll never know what happened.

The CIA doesn't do domestic law enforcement.
The above 2 posters are talking about "wetwork" type stuff ... and I tend to agree. Nothing of value was taken from Wheeler's body ... if it were a simple robbery wouldent the robber have taken his USMA (West Point) class ring? Or his watch?

Now I am not saying it was the CIA ... it could have been VEVAK or the FSB for all we know.

The above 2 posters are talking about "wetwork" type stuff ... and I tend to agree. Nothing of value was taken from Wheeler's body ... if it were a simple robbery wouldent the robber have taken his USMA (West Point) class ring? Or his watch?

Now I am not saying it was the CIA ... it could have been VEVAK or the FSB for all we know.

I don't think the CIA killed him. I think they took care of or are taking care of the person who killed him. JMO

Both the ring and the watch can be traced. Cash cannot, most of the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal
Back