Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe LWOP is a greater punishement for ICA than the DP would be...

What is alleged to have happened to Caylee, was due to ICA wanting freedom more than she wanted to be a mother...so take her freedom for the rest of her natural life would be a greater tragedy to her, than if she was given the DP...Imagine the decades of having to listen to CA telling her what's going on with the family, how LA had children, or how the family got together for chili every year on Caylee's birthday...so take what she wanted most....FREEDOM!

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Weather or not Casey get the DP or LWOP she still looses her freedom.

I believe LWOP is a greater punishement for ICA than the DP would be...

What is alleged to have happened to Caylee, was due to ICA wanting freedom more than she wanted to be a mother...so take her freedom for the rest of her natural life would be a greater tragedy to her, than if she was given the DP...Imagine the decades of having to listen to CA telling her what's going on with the family, how LA had children, or how the family got together for chili every year on Caylee's birthday...so take what she wanted most....FREEDOM!

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

How is that? Casey will get to thrive with LWOP; She'll be like Susan Smith and so many other lifers.

She will not be suffering in any way with LWOP; to Casey it will be one HUGE party that never ends.

She is a child killer who has shown no remorse .... so I have no problem with the death penalty.

I do feel she is a sociopath who would adapt and have the ability to get used to life behind bars and detach enough to actually enjoy her life even though behind bars.

What is sad here is Caylee again gets lost in the whole equation ... just imagine some sentence where parole was an option - who would write those letters at each parole hearing to remind of ICA's crime and the loss of caylee? Woud it be us? It sure wouldnt be george and cindy and probably not lee .... this family gets my goat, they are all so self absorbed and I feel like they would do nothing to keep Casey behind bars. They would welcome her home and never mention Caylee again and probably bake cookies.

kathy

Is it true that the State offered Casey LWOP right before jury selection? If Casey's defense was really only trying to save Casey's life at this point then why would they not take the offer? Is her defense only wanting to take this to trial in order to benefit themselves??

ICA deprived Caylee Marie of life. Deliberately, in an abominable act of vengence against CA. Remorse? None whatsoever. She displays pride in the extreme punishment she dealt CA. The smug strut, the stony stares, the lack of empathy demonstrates how little Caylee Marie meant to ICA. She was merely a pawn which ICA redeemed- she gave Caylee Marie life...she took that life away. Sociopath may be an apt label for ICA.
No matter, it is no justification for murder. What ICA did ranks her up with the most evil, which may giveher perverse pleasure. ICA does not deserve to live the rest of her natural life in the security of a prison cell. She would make the most of it, to benefit ICa, her number one priority. ICA has earned the death penalty, deserves it, and should receive it. There is no reason she should be supported by the taxpayers for the rest of her life. She lost any claim to "rights" and deserves none now. Mercy? You gotta be kidding! ICA would command a fan club from her cell. Mothers who kill their own need to receive the death penalty. Anything else sends a message of hope to other murdering momsters, of which the numbers have risen since ICA became "breaking news".

How is that? Casey will get to thrive with LWOP; She'll be like Susan Smith and so many other lifers.

She will not be suffering in any way with LWOP; to Casey it will be one HUGE party that never ends.

Her party will be over, once she goes into general population. If she was scared by that little outburst yesterday, just wait till she reaches prison...she will be in fear of her life...every day she lives, if jailhouse justice doesn't get her first...It's all in how I believe she wanted her freedom more than she wanted a child...if she dies, if she lives, I loose no sleep either way...I have thoughts of Karma, Big Bertha and the gang giving her the hardest time she's ever had...I guess I feel, what goes around comes around and her circle is about to meet it's end...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

ICA deprived Caylee Marie of life. Deliberately, in an abominable act of vengence against CA. Remorse? None whatsoever. She displays pride in the extreme punishment she dealt CA. The smug strut, the stony stares, the lack of empathy demonstrates how little Caylee Marie meant to ICA. She was merely a pawn which ICA redeemed- she gave Caylee Marie life...she took that life away. Sociopath may be an apt label for ICA.
No matter, it is no justification for murder. What ICA did ranks her up with the most evil, which may giveher perverse pleasure. ICA does not deserve to live the rest of her natural life in the security of a prison cell. She would make the most of it, to benefit ICa, her number one priority. ICA has earned the death penalty, deserves it, and should receive it. There is no reason she should be supported by the taxpayers for the rest of her life. She lost any claim to "rights" and deserves none now. Mercy? You gotta be kidding! ICA would command a fan club from her cell. Mothers who kill their own need to receive the death penalty. Anything else sends a message of hope to other murdering momsters, of which the numbers have risen since ICA became "breaking news".

I believe in every word you write....but I also believe, since there is no COD, jurors will not recommend the DP...

Don't get me wrong, I abhor the actions that lead to Caylee's demise, I abhor ICA more than you know. I could care less if she's given the DP but I dispise the fact that CA will be in our faces once again...with her martyr role for ICA and herself...CA will make this about her as ICA makes it about her....Victim is Caylee...and I believe Caylee has already forgiven her mother (oh so underserving of this title) but demands justice just the same...

I don't keep hate in my heart for it takes the love out of it...I love too much, have come too far in my own life to have this enrage my heart...so...my thoughts and no one has to agree with them, just respect them as I respect everyone elses...my love is for Caylee Marie...even as I have never met her, she captured my heart and soul....

I am a victim of homicide and I can assure you if someone in my family was arrested for the murder of my brother, I would give the injection to whoever it was and wouldn't cover up for them nor think twice about it...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Is it true that the State offered Casey LWOP right before jury selection? If Casey's defense was really only trying to save Casey's life at this point then why would they not take the offer? Is her defense only wanting to take this to trial in order to benefit themselves??

This came from KBelich, don't know how much truth it holds...but, if it were true and it was ICA who denied it, then it's due to her believing she will be found innocent or she will be acquitted....I don't believe she thinks she would be found guilty, in her mind, she didn't do this! Or possibly she thinks she will be found guilty of manslaughter, which might hold a possibility for parole...She should have taken that 10 year deal before Caylee's remains were found...she'd have been almost done with that sentence...

If her DT didn't say, I think you should take this and save yourself, then I'm apt to say, it's all about Baez becoming DP qualified (probably a book/movie deal as well) or there's no other reason to risk your clients life...fame, fortune and how the love of money is the root of all evil...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

So I think she's going to get the DP...no. Do I think she deserves it...yes.

Her party will be over, once she goes into general population. If she was scared by that little outburst yesterday, just wait till she reaches prison...she will be in fear of her life...every day she lives, if jailhouse justice doesn't get her first...It's all in how I believe she wanted her freedom more than she wanted a child...if she dies, if she lives, I loose no sleep either way...I have thoughts of Karma, Big Bertha and the gang giving her the hardest time she's ever had...I guess I feel, what goes around comes around and her circle is about to meet it's end...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I'm pretty sure that she will never be put into general population in any prison due to her "celebrity" status.
I could be wrong but I think I read about it right here on WS quite awhile ago. I wish she could just be treated like any other prisoner, especially while she's in the courtroom carrying on like some big wheel.

Sociopaths don't plan? Care to cite sources? Are you mistaking that for anti-socials? Regardless, planning or not is not a defining symptom for differential diagnoses for this kind of behaviour if you read the DSM, nor a defining symptom of any of the personality disorders. In fact, planning or not has more to do with premeditation or not in law. The perp, IMO, is just an unsuccessful psychopath. They do exist. I am not sure where you're getting your misinformation from.

That is not misinformation, the defining character traits of a sociopath is impulsivity and a failure to plan ahead.

DSM-IV "clinical" features of Antisocial Personality Disorder (with a person having at least three of these characteristics) are: 1. Failure to conform to social norms; 2. Deceitfulness, manipulativeness; 3. Impulsivity, failure to plan ahead; 4. Irritability, aggressiveness; 5. Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others; 6. Consistent irresponsibility; 7. Lack of remorse after having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another person

Right now, I am okay with either one. But after the trial I may have a stronger preference.

IMO the wild goose chase aspect of this case is so aggravating that I would vote for the death penalty. The amount of time people spent searching for an "alive" Caylee, the torment she put her parents and brother through, the waste of investigators resources. The lie about talking with Caylee on the phone on the day Cindy reported Caylee missing. The fact that Caylee was dependent on her mother, Caylee being found scattered about in the woods with duct tape over her mouth and nose. I just can't imagine any mitigating factors that would overcome that, and I think she would have too much enjoyment living in prison for the rest of her life, so I think getting the needle is what she deserves.

If ICA gets the DP, I'm OK with that. If she gets a Life sentence, I'm OK with that. Either way takes away ICA's life as she has known it.

The one and only reservation I have about a Life sentence for ICA is that while Life means life now, will it always? Could the laws in Florida change...say 15 or 20 years from now...that might allow ICA a chance at freedom some day?

I do not want ICA in society ever again and a Life sentence would ensure that. As long as "Life means life" will always be the case in Florida, that is. One just never knows whether future legislation will take away the "for the rest of her natural life" aspect. That is my only concern with a Life sentence in this case.

I used to be against the death penalty.

Now I am all for it.

Being in Canada, our justice system is a pure joke. "Young Offenders" even for violent crimes are given little more than probation or a 6 month sentence of playstation games and singing Kumbaya in group therapy. Then they hit the revolving door and go out and reoffend doing something worse, so they can come back to "Club Fed" for another holiday.

The death penalty should be reserved for specific incidences: ALWAYS it should be used for crimes against children and then also violent crimes like rape, torture that leave the victim near death.

If jail truly was a hellhole, maybe a life sentence would be good enough for punishment. But it's not. It's a place where you get 3 hot meals a day, clean clothes, a clean warm bed to sleep in every night, a free university education, TV, a gym for a relaxing workout, and the chance to borrow books from the library or to use the Internet. Now tell me- from that description does it sound like prison or a Holiday Inn?

The case that made me (and still makes me) crazy is the Barnardo/Homolka murders. I think all Canadians would say the same. This was a 22 year old pervert who was a serial rapist with his young wife, and who abducted, sexually tortured and then murdered his last 2 victims (two 14 year old little girls) in the most sick way possible. Seasoned career LE, veteran journalists, and the lawyers involved left the courtroom in sobbing heaps, some required leave from work for PTSD and required therapy afterwards. There was a publication ban on the case because it was so unimaginable, unspeakable and violent. And what did our justice system do? They made a "deal with the devil" so to speak to get Homolka to testify against her husband, and she was let out after 10 years. Now she's living the high life in the Caribbean (I kid you not) with her new husband and BABY SON. And right after they made the deal with her what did LE find in their house? Yes, videotape evidence showing BOTH of them torturing the girls. She even allowed him to rape her own baby sister on Xmas Eve after she stole veterinary medicine to knock her sister unconscious so he could do it (she said it was her Xmas gift to him) and they murdered her while the parents slept upstairs, waiting to open presents on Xmas morning. Oh, and her parents and family stood beside her for the trial, and to this day they look o er the fact that she and her husband gang-raped and murdered her own little sister, and videotaped that too. So the Anthonys aren't the only nuts on the tree out there.

Anyways, a bit O/T, but I'll say it again: some people are too sick in this world to be anything but a waste of skin. Those who commit crimes against children fit that bill perfectly. They are of no use to society, will never be magically rehabilitated, and they do not deserve to breathe the same air as you or I.

Period.

Exactly Scamp. That is the big difference between a sociopath and a psychopath. A psychopath plans and is much harder to catch e.g. Ted Bundy.

Casey Anthony fits has all the attributes of a sociopath. A sociopath will even to his/her own detriment. Sound familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member