Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of which option she gets, she'll be treated more humanely than she treated her daughter.

As the trial progresses and keeping in mind I haven't seen the defense present yet, I am thinking this week that she won't get the DP.

Just a thought I've had this week. Even if she is convicted of murder I am just not seeing her being sentenced to death. But again, I haven't seen the defense and from just what I've seen there are a lot of "factors" that have been thrown in by the defense that could be considered mitigating.

(factors is the only word I could think of, didn't want to say lies but they are in actuality)JMHO.

I think this jury will sentence her to Death. It would be a miscarriage of justice if she did not get put to death.

She'll be the next Susan Smith if she get LWOP.

Karla-Homolka.jpg

Karla H in jail thriving in a negligee.

I dont understand how people can thrive in prison but I guess some do. I would be miserable.
Maybe its where they belong, who knows? KC wasnt doing too good on the outside and.....if she did get out, would her parents really feel comfortable having her back in the house? I dont think it would ever be the same. NO
I keep thinking she did this to keep TL. he said he wanted male children, just saying. But she seemed crazy about him and crazy love makes people do crazy things. 3 yrs later, I dont think she even feels anythingfor him. or does he for her. Just that he got away from her.
So, yes I can kind of see her hooking up with some rich, older guy while in prison on the outside who pays for her appeals, etc. It amazes me the people who are attracted to prisoners.

I have no issues at all with the DP for ICA. But if by some chance that does not happen, life in prison, no parole.

But the life in prison has to be in general pop with no special protection. I remember in one of the jailhouse tapes, she was almost bragging how she is in special call...etc.

Hi all

Totally against the death penalty but myself cannot even kill a bug as I value life...I'm an old ageing vegetarian [I]that said[/I] I know if someone harmed any one of my children I would personally want to rip that persons head off and make them suffer terribly.

I am so totally torn as I'm so against the DP yet as a mum and thinking about it actually if someone killed anyone I love I would feel the same hatred and want pain inflicted on that person....Oh Gosh I'm really not much help am i?

I'm from the UK and lucky enough not to have had any experience with murder/crime against any of my loved ones but I totally respect victims families for feeling the way they do against punishment

I hope this causes no offense or upset to anyone but am so torn as my 'core' as a person is to protect and respect life

If I'm not mistaken, the jury has to consider only one aggravating circumstance (out of the three - isn't there three? - I can't remember). Anyway, the one that sticks out to me that I feel they possibly will not be able to ignore is "the child was under 12 years of age when she died." While I'm sure that Baez will ask the jurors to weigh in so-called "facts" that KC was abused (whatever), the fact remains that Caylee was under the age of 12 when she died. I'm guessing this is the reason AF asked prospective jurors if they could consider "mercy" when deciding penalty.

i see someone brought up Karla H....Jeez that woman deserved the death penatly for sure. The sight of her makes me wanna punch something!!!

I can picture Casey posing in sexy underthings and sending the picture to all of her male admirerers.

I can see Casey as the next Susan Smith if she get LWOP.

and I'm sure she'll have an ad where you can write prisoners.

ICA thrives on attention. I just want her found guilty of, at least, 2nd degree murder. For sentencing I just keep thinking that DP would give her 10-15 years of a lot of attention and lot’s of appeals and interviews and all the things she wants. LWOP sounds good to me because I was hoping that it would mean just one chance at a (maybe) appeal and the into obscurity in general population. But reading here I am learning more. How about 3 days and nights bound in a trunk saturated with chloroform with tape around her face and then when we check on her in 3 days we will tell her what she has really won.

i didnt do the numbers but there are several on this jury that imo will not vote for the dp

i want the dp

just so SHE knows what the world thinks of her

and so that she'll have to live the rest of her life as a dp person

in solitary, waiting for the next appeal

i just prefer the lifestyle that will afford her

but i'll be SHOCKED if this jury gives it to her

not gonna happen

unfortunately

i didnt do the numbers but there are several on this jury that imo will not vote for the dp

i want the dp

just so SHE knows what the world thinks of her

and so that she'll have to live the rest of her life as a dp person

in solitary, waiting for the next appeal

i just prefer the lifestyle that will afford her

but i'll be SHOCKED if this jury gives it to her

not gonna happen

unfortunately

how can you be so sure?

I don't believe in the death penalty so I have to vote LWOP. However, I'm not adverse to them strapping her down and letting her believe she's about to get the needle on a weekly basis - just to scare the crap out of her.

actually what id like to know is whether jp has the power to change the penalty to death even if the jury voted for lwop? could jp overrule the jury's recommendation?

I have never believed in the death penalty, but she has changed my mind. It is not just the horrendous way she treated her child, but all of the people whose lives she has ruined or is will to ruin. Her parents, Lee and her friends will never be the same. The hundreds of people who were out searching for her, and thousands of dollars spent because of her lies. The hundreds of man hours law enforcement have had to spend because of her twisted, selfish vicious mind.

At this point, I don't even care any more. I just want this to be over, and want this lunatic to never be out on the streets again. She's dangerous. (And I need to get my life back :0) )

I think anyone who intentionally murders a child, especially THEIR OWN CHILD should suffer death. Unfortunately, it seldom happens. LWOP will have to do.Nothing less.

MOO and stuff.

ETA: WHAT is it going to take, to make this STOP??

A few posters have made the comment that if she gets LWOP, KC will be the next Susan Smith. Just wondering what you all mean by that? I ask because I haven't heard of her in the press in years and don't really know what's going on with you so I don't get the connection. Well, other than they both killed their kids.

I don't believe in the death penalty so I have to vote LWOP. However, I'm not adverse to them strapping her down and letting her believe she's about to get the needle on a weekly basis - just to scare the crap out of her.

+1
:floorlaugh:

A few posters have made the comment that if she gets LWOP, KC will be the next Susan Smith. Just wondering what you all mean by that? I ask because I haven't heard of her in the press in years and don't really know what's going on with you so I don't get the connection. Well, other than they both killed their kids.

Google her name , there are lots of reports like this one.
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/090601/upd_075-6441.shtml
She is thriving, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads