Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to judge on just what we have heard in the media, I would vote for the DP. But, I would have to hear all of the evidence before I could positively say that. I am one who strongly believes that Casey is a sociopath, but I believe that this happened because of an accident with Casey trying to "sedate" Caylee and it went wrong. What kind of mother would sedate their child with chloroform? An absolute monster of a mother...but whether she did it with the intention of murdering Caylee is still yet to be seen...in my opinion.

BBM-That action carries the death penalty in Florida.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the death penalty; I find it to be rather barbaric and unbecoming of a civilized society. Put her in General Population with no chance of ever getting out and I'll feel justice has been done. What happens in Gen Pop to her is not my problem, but hers.

Respect your opinion, however I believe that what goes on in prison gen pop. is quite barbaric, sometimes moreso than sitting by oneself, somewhat protected, on death row for decades until it is time for the DP to be administered.

I don't know that anyone is a "fan" of the death penalty. It is quite sad that it has to come to that with anyone.
The beauty of the United States is that there is always a group of people somewhere that are like-minded. In Florida, the majority of people are like-minded about the possibility of administering the death penalty. In Maryland, the people are like-minded about a moratoreum. I am comfortable with the people of Florida's (and Virginia's) position.

Personally I think she she be convicted first before any penalty is imposed.

I'm just curious as to what others thoughts are on this. I know this is a pretty personal question, so if it's not okay to ask, please remove. :seeya: Do you think Casey should get LWOP or do you think she should get the DP?

Yes I hope she gets the DP . I am not sure she will but it is what she deserves .
Susan Smith got life which boggles my mind but she came clean after a week . As ICA has never told the truth she deserves death because , to me , that implies her guilt even more .

as long as the evidence convicts her, LWOP is fine with me. She should live a long life in general population wringing her hands because of what she has done . . .

Personally I think she she be convicted first before any penalty is imposed.

Of course.

Many of us came here to sleuth this out and make that determination back in 2008, at the end of the day with the understanding that we are not her jury. We're a (well moderated and respectful) sounding board.
After three years of sleuthing, a lot of us are convinced that a not-guilty verdict left the building with Elvis. So, we move forward and discuss sentencing from there.

i used to think she should be put to death but im not so sure now .. death is a permanent thing and it wont bring caylee back .. her parents have been through enough even though they brought most of it on themselves they didnt deserve to lose caylee and they dont deserve this either .. i am a compassionate person though lately.. and i am horrified any mother would kill their child .. she tried to give caylee up for adoption but cindy forced her into being a mother.. her hopes and dreams in HER mind were shattered .. i frankly dont see how though because caylee was just so precious .. i mean who would consider a beautiful child like that a punishment .. casey would bc she is selfish . throw rocks at me if you guys must this whole thing just breaks my heart all the way around .. im not a cruel person and death penalty to me isnt going to solve anything except fla people wont have to pay her room and board forever .. that is what it boils down to .. if she has no possible chance of release then she should be in prison with the gen population . then nature is taking its course so to speak.. and eye for an eye

Not quite.

"After decades of moral arguments reaching biblical proportions, after long, twisted journeys to the nation's highest court and back, the death penalty may be abandoned by several states for a reason having nothing to do with right or wrong:

Money.

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits."

ttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/execute-or-not-question-cost/

DP saves florida tax payers.. (

Let's not forget that KC could have gotten herself out of facing the DP a long time ago now. The fact that she has been defiant will resonate with the jury.
Some will say her defiance is not defiant at all, that she is only sticking it out because she truly is innocent. I won't be one of those that say that.

That clarified, her defiance, to me, is a strong signal that she did in fact kill her daughter maliciously and throughout this time she has felt that any other admission would blast the truth wide open. She did not plea because she knew they would ask her to lead them to a duct-taped Caylee. She, IMO, had no way to explain that without revealing her intent.
We could think of explanations, but she couldn't because her mind is clouded by what she did.
Sorta like Poe's Tell-Tale Heart, in her mind Caylee's body was too much revelation and if she said anything, she feared she might come undone and everyone else would hear the thump under the floor and know what she did.

Let's not forget that KC could have gotten herself out of facing the DP a long time ago now. The fact that she has been defiant will resonate with the jury.
Some will say her defiance is not defiant at all, that she is only sticking it out because she truly is innocent. I won't be one of those that say that.

That clarified, her defiance, to me, is a strong signal that she did in fact kill her daughter maliciously and throughout this time she has felt that any other admission would blast the truth wide open. She did not plea because she knew they would ask her to lead them to a duct-taped Caylee. She, IMO, had no way to explain that without revealing her intent.
We could think of explanations, but she couldn't because her mind is clouded by what she did.
Sora like Poe's Tell-Tale Heart, in her mind Caylee's body was too much revelation and if she said anything, she feared she might come undone and everyone else would hear the thump under the floor and know what she did.
yeah .. its all just so tragic .. i will never understand any of it .. my mind is just too tired lately

No one knows for sure what causes a person to be a sociopath..being spoiled and never having to face consequences could be one cause or it may be something that was inborn and inherited. I don't buy the suggestion that she was abused....she could have left home at any time. Many abused children do so. Ted Bundy was considered a psychopath or sociopath. This diagnosis is not treatable..they don't learn from their mistakes and they only get worse with each crime. ICA is not the victim here. That innocent little girl is. Its also my opinion that ICA planned to kill CA and GA...for their house and money. She is not redeemable and would be a celebrity in prison. If proven guilty she deserves the death penalty. MOO

I don't care, LWOP is good too.

DP, for sure. It will take a long time before it's carried out, and she should live with the fear of certain death hanging over her. LWOP is too good for her.

I believe you hit the nail on the head when saying she was spoiled and never made to face the consequences. Exactly what Cindy and George were supposed to make her do.

Now she is because of their failings. She is not deserving of the dp or lwop in my opinion and I hope the jury sees this.

I am not the only one calling her a sociopath; several psychiatrists on the beloved Nancy Grace show have called her this. She needed help and did not get it. Her mother ignored it.

IMO, Cindy wanted a grandchild and did not care that her extremely malfunctioning daughter could not take care of her; yet Cindy let her do that. She is so culpable, imo.

Hopefully, the jury will take into consideration these obvious mitigating factors.
I respectfully disagree. MOO..mitigating circumstances should not be that you were a spoiled brat. No matter what her diagnosis....she is cruel and heartless and refuses to take responsibilty for her own behavior. Blaming her parents is the cowardly way out for her. CA and GA may not have been perfect parents.....who is? But there are many who are much worse and their children aren't murderers. Sorry..it just MOO:banghead:

I'm just curious as to what others thoughts are on this. I know this is a pretty personal question, so if it's not okay to ask, please remove. :seeya: Do you think Casey should get LWOP or do you think she should get the DP?

Would prefer to watch the trial and see the prosecution's presentation of all the evidence and the defense responses before deciding.

I respectfully disagree. MOO..mitigating circumstances should not be that you were a spoiled brat. No matter what her diagnosis....she is cruel and heartless and refuses to take responsibilty for her own behavior. Blaming her parents is the cowardly way out for her. CA and GA may not have been perfect parents.....who is? But there are many who are much worse and their children aren't murderers. Sorry..it just MOO:banghead:

I understand, but the law says a juror can take this into consideration and the law is something I hope all the jurors go by. She would not be here except that George and Cindy let it all slide by.

No one knows for sure what causes a person to be a sociopath..being spoiled and never having to face consequences could be one cause or it may be something that was inborn and inherited. I don't buy the suggestion that she was abused....she could have left home at any time. Many abused children do so. Ted Bundy was considered a psychopath or sociopath. This diagnosis is not treatable..they don't learn from their mistakes and they only get worse with each crime. ICA is not the victim here. That innocent little girl is. Its also my opinion that ICA planned to kill CA and GA...for their house and money. She is not redeemable and would be a celebrity in prison. If proven guilty she deserves the death penalty. MOO

Au contraire, Ted Bundy was a psychopath; there is a difference; he planned everything; sociopaths don't plan, as we can plainly see with KC and her answers to LE. Whatever pops into her head at the moment she used. Her mother cut her finances off in April, three days later she is looking up neckbreaking etc.

Science says it is treatable, sociopaths are treatable; but must be done when they are young, 14 etc. This was not done, it was allowed to fester. She is not totally to blame, imo. This is not to say she is without guilt, but not lwop or dp, imo.

I think the defense is going to show just how negligent Cindy and George were in allowing a person like KC to take control of Caylee's life and basically let her do as she wished.

Cindy readily says she is a sociopath to Ryan Paisley. It is extreme dereliction of duties to allow a sociopath to take care of the baby. Extreme. IMO

Also, there is no proof whatsoever that she planned to kill her mother and father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad