Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that this bar has a website. I want to research the rest of them now! Can I get a little help?

hi, I'm new I've been reading the threads about this case but haven't been unable to log in until today. I think you all are awesome!

I looked at the lone tree's website but Chris Jenkins was there too long ago. The pictures and videos are more recent....there is a video from last year's Halloween (not the one he was at) but interesting to look at if you've never been there and want to see what it's like on Halloween there.

I also found this review to be pretty interesting. Again though...that was from 2007 so I don't know if any of the same people work there still.

I'm from MN... the mpd's actions (and lack of) are just embarrassing!

Welcome to WS, Looneymama!! Thanks for helping! It still gives us some insight to the crowds. We might be able to spot some regulars there, too. Anyone or anything to give us a clue on what could have happened in the club that night would be a good thing. This could be something the Detectives have overlooked.

Oh, I never thought about reading the reviews! Great idea! You are taking off like wildfire here. :) Awesome!

I just started a new thread to list the clubs, the bands, etc. Please add your finds to it!! It is great to have them here for discussion, but we need a list of them so we can keep them together and organized as much as possible.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64751

About MPD...I am sorry. I am probably the most outspoken on them here after Kelly Nolan's case.

I was correct about that guitar player! He IS wearing a smiley face t-shirt!!

guitarplayerssmileyfacet.jpg

http://www.dejavurocksyou.com/1.html

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll add those links to the other thread right now. I think a separate thread is a good idea!

Welcome to WS Looneymama!

SS, good idea on setting up a thread for club related info.

WOW! Excellent!! Let me get this right...Tommy went missing 1/19, correct?!
. :)

SS, Tommy Booth went missing on 1/19/07; not 1/19/08. You need to go back a year. Also remember what Blink34 reminded the board a week ago, when Blink34 posted that often the missing dates can be misleading. Tommy Booth was reported missing on 1/19/07; so did he go to Bootleggers on the night of the 18th and go missing the following morning on the 19th or did he go out on the 19th but really go missing in the early morning hours of the 20th. Maybe Denise can help us with that. And also Denise; if you have the time; maybe tell us what the conflicting stories were that you got from Tommy's friends and the bouncers. The NYC detectives appear stumped because they say they only have released 10% of what they have; yet they're asking the public for help. Maybe they're just warning thepublic of maybe the Minn TV station did this for sweeps rating week, but I suspect the detectives are unable to nail this down and need help. If thats the case we might be dealing with an intelligient and psychotic serial killer who also might be sober. Gacy, Bundy, Dahmer and many others made mistakes due in large part when they were drinking. So maybe we have a sober serial killer who hates white men and also hates alcohol. I wonder if the bartenders would remember anyone a bit creepy that night who was only drinking sodas and either with or near the dark skinned women(an impossible longshot probably because it was 15 months ago)

SS, Tommy Booth went missing on 1/19/07; not 1/19/08. You need to go back a year. Also remember what Blink34 reminded the board a week ago, when Blink34 posted that often the missing dates can be misleading. Tommy Booth was reported missing on 1/19/07; so did he go to Bootleggers on the night of the 18th and go missing the following morning on the 19th or did he go out on the 19th but really go missing in the early morning hours of the 20th. Maybe Denise can help us with that. And also Denise; if you have the time; maybe tell us what the conflicting stories were that you got from Tommy's friends and the bouncers. The NYC detectives appear stumped because they say they only have released 10% of what they have; yet they're asking the public for help. Maybe they're just warning thepublic of maybe the Minn TV station did this for sweeps rating week, but I suspect the detectives are unable to nail this down and need help. If thats the case we might be dealing with an intelligient and psychotic serial killer who also might be sober. Gacy, Bundy, Dahmer and many others made mistakes due in large part when they were drinking. So maybe we have a sober serial killer who hates white men and also hates alcohol. I wonder if the bartenders would remember anyone a bit creepy that night who was only drinking sodas and either with or near the dark skinned women(an impossible longshot probably because it was 15 months ago)

SL- Tommy went missing the eve of 1/19/07, last seen at Bootleggers the early hours 1/20/07.

SL- Tommy went missing the eve of 1/19/07, last seen at Bootleggers the early hours 1/20/07.

Just checked and SS had it right. He was last seen saturday January 19th of 08; or actually 1:30 on the 20th. So the missing date is 1/19/08 or the morning of 1/20/08. Hey Denise; I had 1 other quick question when you have time; do you know if it was it still crowded at Bootleggers at 1:30 a.m.?

yes, you threw me off SS!! Those dates are correct. SS is rarely if ever off on her dates :)

Tommy went missing THIS year, not 2007. It is still all too fresh in our minds. The last friend who was supposed to give Tommy a ride home, told police that he last saw Tommy at about 1:20 am. He said Tommy asked him where the bathroom was and never saw him again after that.

As for the Spanish girls, I also heard that later the story changed a little and a bouncer agreed that there was Spanish girls there and he gave names like Nicole, Michelle, etc. We obviously thought he was full of **** by then. Again, I don't know what's true and what may have been embellished by the time I heard it. I did personally speak to a couple of bartenders, who were more than cooperative. They didn't remember seeing Tommy talking to any girls, but they were also bartending so it doesn't mean he wasn't. They remembered he bought drinks for his friends and was pretty low-key.

I've examined every pic of that night on Bootlegger's site very thoroughly. There is actually one pic of Tommy at the bar. He was not in the room where the band was playing. This bar had 3 rooms to it. One was a smaller, side room with a couple pool tables. The other was the center room, which is where the bands play. The third is what they call the "hip-hop" room cuz it has a DJ and small dance floor. Tommy was mostly in the "hip-hop" room at the bar, not dancing. The time I went there, there was a mix of white & black kids.. all dressed nice. People flowed in and out throughout the different rooms. Overall, I thought it was a pretty decent place to hang out. I do have a friend who knows one of the band members. The guy said that there wasn't any stragglers when they were done their last set and packing up. So it wasn't like the night ended and Tommy was looking around for his friends after everyone left.

Though I think that's really weird that the guitarist has a smiley face shirt on, I just don't believe it's anything more than a coincidence. Strange though. It's like that movie "23", but with smiley faces...they're everywhere!!

Here's one more weird thing....his cell phone. The phone company has the last call going out at 12:58 am. But -- it's not to a phone #. It's a random list of #'s like 111779. The detectives think maybe he was calling voicemail or something and those are deleting/saving/repeating, etc. So I'd think if Tommy looked around and didn't find his friends, he'd probably call his voicemail to see if they left him a message (some of those friends were kicked out earlier that night). So that's at almost 1am. His friend said he last saw him going to the bathroom at about 1:20. After that outgoing call of those #s, there's no more activity (in or out) on Tommy's cell. And yes, the cell is still missing. Not sure what I actually think of all that, other than it strikes me as weird and not making sense.

Tommy went missing THIS year, not 2007. It is still all too fresh in our minds. The last friend who was supposed to give Tommy a ride home, told police that he last saw Tommy at about 1:20 am. He said Tommy asked him where the bathroom was and never saw him again after that.

As for the Spanish girls, I also heard that later the story changed a little and a bouncer agreed that there was Spanish girls there and he gave names like Nicole, Michelle, etc. We obviously thought he was full of **** by then. Again, I don't know what's true and what may have been embellished by the time I heard it. I did personally speak to a couple of bartenders, who were more than cooperative. They didn't remember seeing Tommy talking to any girls, but they were also bartending so it doesn't mean he wasn't. They remembered he bought drinks for his friends and was pretty low-key.

I've examined every pic of that night on Bootlegger's site very thoroughly. There is actually one pic of Tommy at the bar. He was not in the room where the band was playing. This bar had 3 rooms to it. One was a smaller, side room with a couple pool tables. The other was the center room, which is where the bands play. The third is what they call the "hip-hop" room cuz it has a DJ and small dance floor. Tommy was mostly in the "hip-hop" room at the bar, not dancing. The time I went there, there was a mix of white & black kids.. all dressed nice. People flowed in and out throughout the different rooms. Overall, I thought it was a pretty decent place to hang out. I do have a friend who knows one of the band members. The guy said that there wasn't any stragglers when they were done their last set and packing up. So it wasn't like the night ended and Tommy was looking around for his friends after everyone left.

Though I think that's really weird that the guitarist has a smiley face shirt on, I just don't believe it's anything more than a coincidence. Strange though. It's like that movie "23", but with smiley faces...they're everywhere!!

Here's one more weird thing....his cell phone. The phone company has the last call going out at 12:58 am. But -- it's not to a phone #. It's a random list of #'s like 111779. The detectives think maybe he was calling voicemail or something and those are deleting/saving/repeating, etc. So I'd think if Tommy looked around and didn't find his friends, he'd probably call his voicemail to see if they left him a message (some of those friends were kicked out earlier that night). So that's at almost 1am. His friend said he last saw him going to the bathroom at about 1:20. After that outgoing call of those #s, there's no more activity (in or out) on Tommy's cell. And yes, the cell is still missing. Not sure what I actually think of all that, other than it strikes me as weird and not making sense.

Denise, your feedback is invaluable. Any thoughts on the difference between the friends comments saying he last saw Tommy at 1:20am, was supposed to give him a ride, but the detectives think he may have been calling vm to see where his friend 20 minutes before?

The cell phone missing, or found extraneous from the victim is a critical link to these cases, although none of us knows why so far. I know you said Tommy was last seen by friend at 1:20- was he physically with him or in the other room at that time? Also, has LE verified that the numbers punched on his phone WAS his password for vm?

Yes, I know, I meant to say you threw me off SL, SS is rarely off on her dates, blah blah.. My bad, too much sleuthing ..lol

It sounds like LE is right about him checking his messages. Of course, it depends on the phone you have and the service, but sounds reasonable to me.

In one of the photos up by the band, it shows a guy texting or messing with his phone (would have to assume he wasn't calling someone as it would be far too loud). This happens frequently in really crowded bars that people text one another across the room.

It makes me wonder if he didn't go try to find a bathroom or step outside to check his messages since he couldn't hear them inside the bar and the friend is off on the time by 20 minutes. His friend might have looked at the bar clock which is usually set 15 minutes ahead in most places. Here...we just call it "bar time" as it is common knowledge they do this.

I do wish LE or the family would follow up with the photos being taken at the Bachelorette party and from the fans of the band tho. Even if he was in another room...you can see into that room from other angles. I also wish they would check out the Upper Darby LE guy.

I read that post again Denise, those questions plus:

If they are representative of the save/delete/ etc. They should still KNOW if he was connected to his cell voice mail at that time. Has anyone checked his remaining vm messages at the time?

What are they doing with all the cell phones?! This question is really bothering me. They could be a "trophies" as one member posted. Is the cell phone the "proof" the killer had direct contact with the victim? Are they getting rid of them or saving them somewhere? Have they checked all of the tower locations of the phones? The GPS systems? Has LE gotten all the records on the missing phones? So many questions!

The thing about the cell phones is, some of the guys had made cell calls. It's possibly as simple as they had it in their hand as they walked and dropped it in the water. Sometimes we've seen the cell phone left somewhere else, ie a walkway or whatever.

Also, when in the water, the cell phones could easily slip out of front shirt pocket.

I think it's a good point to remember that many of the cell phones are missing, but not necessarily part of the equation. But, LOL, on the other hand, it could be connected, as you say ss, as a trophy or to NOT be with the body to track, ie cell tower.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads