Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the WGY podcast with Josh Szostak's father. Towards the end he discusses the evidence he's been able to go through. He's been able to determine that Josh left the bar wearing a hoodie over a white t-shirt with a leather jacket tied around his waist. But when he was found, the hoodie was gone, and the white t-shirt was over the jacket. Who puts a tshirt over a leather jacket?

Josh Szostak Case
Update with Bill Szostak.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...PCAST_CAT=news&PCAST_TITLE=Al_Roney_On-Demand

That's an odd one but also another example of why the idea of shutting the public out is often foolish and is the best way to never get a murder solved. My sympathies are with Bill Szostak, but it took him 5 months to catch this odd clothes change. What else has he missed that others would find right away? And Gannon met with him for hours so he to have also watched this film; yet he also missed that Josh put his t-shirt OVER a leather jacket??? And Szostak first said his son had $500 on him but was found with just $28; so maybe this was a simple abduction and robbery by a local crackhead who someone in Albany might quickly recognize in the film. What all these police units and now these families who are muzzled by Gannon; continue to miss; is that the countries best eyes and best defense are those of the general public.

I just listened to the WGY podcast with Josh Szostak's father. Towards the end he discusses the evidence he's been able to go through. He's been able to determine that Josh left the bar wearing a hoodie over a white t-shirt with a leather jacket tied around his waist. But when he was found, the hoodie was gone, and the white t-shirt was over the jacket. Who puts a tshirt over a leather jacket?

Josh Szostak Case

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...PCAST_CAT=news&PCAST_TITLE=Al_Roney_On-Demand

Listening to this podcast link reminded me of something. Al Roney starts near the beginning by saying how college kids have always drank so why are they falling in rivers now. He asks what's changed. I couldn't help but think about ecstacy when he said that because it was in the mid '90's when ecstacy started getting really popular at the club scene. I know the past 5 years or so has seen a lot of kids switch from ecstacy to GHB as their drug of choice, but I'm wondering now if maybe kids switched to GHB more than 5 years ago; like maybe 10 years ago and maybe a lot of these drownings are really just accidents. Read what kids say who have quit taking GHB for recreation and its amazing more kids aren't dieing from this crap

I'm coming back from a week abroad, so sorry if somebody's already addressed this, but Luke Homan was on the same team with Jared Dion.

Welcome back! I found this though.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2006/11/122305-matt-kruziki-dubuque-ia.html

Strange coincidence
In a strange coincidence, Matt was the second Arrowhead graduate to go missing near the Mississippi River. For a time, Matt and drowning victim, Jared Dion, were varsity wrestling teammates.

Sadly, I see it is still being fed here.

OK Internet is back up and I am ready to get back to business here.

That's an odd one but also another example of why the idea of shutting the public out is often foolish and is the best way to never get a murder solved. My sympathies are with Bill Szostak, but it took him 5 months to catch this odd clothes change. What else has he missed that others would find right away? And Gannon met with him for hours so he to have also watched this film; yet he also missed that Josh put his t-shirt OVER a leather jacket??? And Szostak first said his son had $500 on him but was found with just $28; so maybe this was a simple abduction and robbery by a local crackhead who someone in Albany might quickly recognize in the film. What all these police units and now these families who are muzzled by Gannon; continue to miss; is that the countries best eyes and best defense are those of the general public.

It boggles my mind that Albany PD would close this case as accidental drowning with the clothing and money details here. And after listening to Gannon's podcast on what Szostak would have had to do to accomplish everything Albany PD said is absurd. Breaking through a locked gate, wiping everything clean, etc. etc. That's quite an accomplishment for someone that's been written off as a drunk that accidentally drowned!

In so many of these cases it's the same thing. LE says they were so drunk they fell in a river. But at the same time they were able to have walked blocks to the river, walk across sharp rip rap to the water, and in one case cross a busy eight lane highway.

Josh Szostak Case

No one would put a tee on over a leather jacket. Makes no logical sense and would mean he had to be undressed at least from the waist up at one point. It sounds like the person/persons who redressed him did it on purpose this way...so why?

No one would put a tee on over a leather jacket. Makes no logical sense and would mean he had to be undressed at least from the waist up at one point. It sounds like the person/persons who redressed him did it on purpose this way...so why?

And that is driving me nuts. And where is his hoodie?

Also, SuziQ...one other thing I took from that radio broadcast above during the Gannon interview was this: Gannon stated that many of the possible vics had previous connections such as same town, same highschools, shared similar friends etc, but he would not go any further on it.

During that same interview, pertaining to the marks, tags, and regions...Gannon stated that the smiley was common in 1/13th...but that there were 12 other tags with 2-3 distinct ones being used in each region. Just using my common third grade multiplication and division I am surmising there are four known regions of gang activity but I have to listen back to it to get which states were part of which region.

Would it make sense to lump the cases by region instead of state due to what Gannon seems to be saying.

this region as well...depending on what the dicks find after they go back to VT to investigate further)..

If these kids had common connections the connections could be regional and not just by state.....

I remember reading (footprintsattheriversedge) that some of the guys had parents that worked at the same place etc.
I am currently out of town, but when I get back I will research this and post asap.

Exactly! Trophy?! Is someone wearing it right now?

This entire case is so puzzling. Just trying to figure out what happened where is enough to give you a headache. I may have this wrong. So correct me if I do. Josh heads one way, changes his mind and goes another to steal a vehicle that's behind a locked gate. Later determined not to have stolen the vehicle but his cell phone is found by said vehicle that was abandoned a block away from where it was stolen. Then he is found in water much farther than walking distance from where he was last seen and where his phone was found. And to top it off his clothing is rearranged in a bizarre manner.

I remember reading (footprintsattheriversedge) that some of the guys had parents that worked at the same place etc.
I am currently out of town, but when I get back I will research this a post asap.

Thank you! Tomorrow I will gather up all this info and put it into the similarities thread so we don't lose it.

I was just on the Nick Garza thread forum thingy
They said that Nick was last seen in a RED T SHIRT BUT WHEN THEY FOUND HIM HE HAD THE A BLUE HOODIE OVER THE RED T :eek::eek:

EDIT; Just listened to Josh's dad on the radio, he was wearing a BLACK sweatshirt with skull and crossbones. Nick Garza was found with a BLUE hoodie.

It boggles my mind that Albany PD would close this case as accidental drowning with the clothing and money details here. And after listening to Gannon's podcast on what Szostak would have had to do to accomplish everything Albany PD said is absurd. Breaking through a locked gate, wiping everything clean, etc. etc. That's quite an accomplishment for someone that's been written off as a drunk that accidentally drowned!

In so many of these cases it's the same thing. LE says they were so drunk they fell in a river. But at the same time they were able to have walked blocks to the river, walk across sharp rip rap to the water, and in one case cross a busy eight lane highway.

You're exactly right and if you knew the Albany area where Josh Szostak disappeared from; it would be even more mind boggling to you and others. There are no colleges near either of the bars he drank at; unlike most of these drownings. Szostak went from a decent place(Blue Bayou) in a fairly rough neighborhood; to a bar called the Elbo Room; which is located in a terrible neightborhood. 5 weeks after Szostak disapearred; there was a triple homocide a block away from the Elbo Room; comitted by a drunk drug addict. Its a crack neighborhood; so he had to be drugged or extremely drunk to be walking alone in that neighborhood. The Albany Police are a fine unit so I hope they reconsider opening the case

This entire case is so puzzling. Just trying to figure out what happened where is enough to give you a headache. I may have this wrong. So correct me if I do. Josh heads one way, changes his mind and goes another to steal a vehicle that's behind a locked gate. Later determined not to have stolen the vehicle but his cell phone is found by said vehicle that was abandoned a block away from where it was stolen. Then he is found in water much farther than walking distance from where he was last seen and where his phone was found. And to top it off his clothing is rearranged in a bizarre manner.

Thats basically it. Although where his body was found was 28 miles downstream from his cell phone; but it 4 months later after he disappeared. The Albany Police determined about where his body might have gone in the water; which was a few miles from the cell phone; and when Bill Szostak went to that general area; his daughter saw the smiley. Then the autopsy was done and the case was immediately closed; even befoe toxicology had come back

They said that Nick was last seen in a RED T SHIRT BUT WHEN THEY FOUND HIM HE HAD THE A BLUE HOODIE OVER THE RED T :eek::eek:
That is interesting. What is the reason for the clothing discrepancies? If they are undressing them...this would indicate a physical implication of torture possibly. I wonder if it was in fact his own blue hoodie?

To get noticed and to taunt Gannon. He has a good heart, so it makes it all the more fun. And his partner is a big muscle guy, which adds to the fun. It's become a game

EDIT; Just listened to Josh's dad on the radio, he was wearing a BLACK sweatshirt with skull and crossbones. Nick Garza was found with a BLUE hoodie.

I've been following the clothing discussion today in Nicks thread with great interest.

That is interesting. What is the reason for the clothing discrepancies? If they are undressing them...this would indicate a physical implication of torture possibly. I wonder if it was in fact his own blue hoodie?

Ya I wanna know if the blue hoodie Nick was found in belonged to HIM? Anybody able to ask his Mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste