Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought up that same exact point a bit back. I'll be interested to see the answer.

As far as the stamp......if he is in fact current then it may end up being chalked up to picking up the wrong one from the drawer. I doubt it would create any real issue. They'd probably just fix it.

Thanks!

Is that KC's signature or someone else? Do we have something with her signature on it?

IMO, the judge should not be reading any blogs. At the very least he should not be acknowledging it. What am I missing here when it comes to justice and judge neutrality? Seriously, how stupid is that?

You forget this is a jury case. A JURY decides on guilt or innocence. The only decision up to JS is on issues regarding LAW and it application to the issues in this case. Period.done.that's it. Whether JS visits reads or otherwise views blogs, or social networking sites is irrelevant. The only issue JS needs to remain neutral on is the application of law in this case. If that weren't the case no judge in this country could read the newspapers.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!

JS has been very patient and accomodating to the Defense team and their motions. A new Judge might be the worst move they ever made. At least they know how JS operates and that he is trying to be very fair and ensuring there are no appeals.

Is that it? Hope they get a Judge that makes an error and opens the door to an appeal?

Desperation.

IMO, the judge should not be reading any blogs. At the very least he should not be acknowledging it. What am I missing here when it comes to justice and judge neutrality? Seriously, how stupid is that?

All judges should be locked in cages and rubber rooms, with no access to the internet, news, newspapers or the like. Give em Archie comic books!

j/k

I brought up that same exact point a bit back. I'll be interested to see the answer.

As far as the stamp......if he is in fact current then it may end up being chalked up to picking up the wrong one from the drawer. I doubt it would create any real issue. They'd probably just fix it.

How can we find out if it has expired?

Strickland is not the chief judge of that court. I suspect the chief might sit him down and say, "OK, maybe this isn't fair, but you did overstep your bounds somewhat, and it's not worth creating appeal issues. Let's assign this one to someone else."

You know these things better than I, and what you write sounds like it could happen-And on these terms, I would be more understanding, though still pizzed....It seems we have so few judges left that actually do their job, more often these days they overstep into the political realm, or they fart around in the good ole boy network.
This would be an infuriating repercussion for a man that seems to still understand the fine art of jurisprudence.

A visit to this page.....http://notaries.dos.state.fl.us/index.html does not show CM as holding a current notary license.

Perhaps it is an error????? But this is worth further inquiry. It's not like it expired within the last 30-45 days. Hmmmmmm

Wasn't JB a notary last time? Maybe I should toss my stamp out the window, it seems like anyone can be a notary these days, I want my money back for my certification!

My best guess is that they filed this motion to get a different judge who is more sympathetic and more lenient in matters of handing out monies for the defense. It's my understanding they will have to go before JS to request various funds for their defense now that she's indigent.

This motion sounds like it's coming from CM not JB.

Question - if the notary stamp is expired, how can the courts accept it?

Also, I would like to know if CM visited her today or she signed this week sometime and he just notarized the document without him seeing her face to face.

This IS Cheney's move, not Baez's. Way too much case law cited for it to be Baez. :)

The PI, Jeremy Lyon's, also says he reported to Cheney after talking to Dave.

So, now we are seeing Cheney's approach to this case. Not really different than the past. Attack everything else, because there's no other way to get their client off. :furious::furious::furious:

Wasn't JB a notary last time? Maybe I should toss my stamp out the window, it seems like anyone can be a notary these days, I want my money back for my certification!

Jose's appears to remain active.

Notary ID: 888014
Last Name: BAEZ
First Name: JOSE
Middle Name: A.
Birth Date: 10/17/68
Transaction Type: REN
Certificate: DD 736425
Issue Date: 11/26/07
Expire Date: 11/25/11
Bonding Agency: Florida Notary Association, Inc,
Mailing Address: KISSIMMEE, FL 34743

Jose's appears to remain active.

Notary ID: 888014
Last Name: BAEZ
First Name: JOSE
Middle Name: A.
Birth Date: 10/17/68
Certificate: DD 736425
Issue Date: 11/26/07
Expire Date: 11/25/11
Bonding Agency: Florida Notary Association, Inc,
Mailing Address: KISSIMMEE, FL 34743

Holy cow, I was kidding! I thought he was not a notary and there was a type-o last time......My sarcasm just landed with a thud!

ETA: Most instances where I have dealt with attorneys, they have had to call in a notary-is it a Florida trend that attys are also notaries?

ETAA: Isn't it a conflict for a legal representative to notarize, being that he is a party to the document?

A visit to this page.....http://notaries.dos.state.fl.us/index.html does not show CM as holding a current notary license.

Perhaps it is an error????? But this is worth further inquiry. It's not like it expired within the last 30-45 days. Hmmmmmm

Notary ID: 350371
Last Name: Mason
First Name: J.
Middle Name: Cheney
Birth Date: 12/12/43
Certificate: DD 920306
Issue Date: 11/21/09
Expire Date: 11/20/13
Bonding Agency: Western Surety Company - Southeast Team
Mailing Address: Longwood, FL 32779-0000

From your link.

If I were MD, I wouldn't have spoken to the PIs. What's that about? I would have said subpoena me if you want to talk to me.

mason seems to be an even bigger bonehead then baez.

how does he not know the notary expired?

I found a J. Mason expires 11/20/13

Yep......there it is and was issued after the expiration. I did a search 4 times and didn't get it. Guess that's why you get to wear the crown today Sun.

Last Name: Mason
First Name: J.
Middle Name: Cheney
Birth Date: 12/12/43
Certificate: DD 920306
Issue Date: 11/21/09
Expire Date: 11/20/13
Bonding Agency: Western Surety Company - Southeast Team
Mailing Address: Longwood, FL 32779-0000

I get the general feeling of where you are coming from...My point is this-judges are not sequestered, or as another poster mentioned, they are not required to remain stupid to the world around them, it would be scary if they were-And for all we know, Judge Strickland was speaking about one of the many other topics Dave writes about on his site (he really does have some great marinade ideas). Judge S. did not mention KC, that I remember.

Judges take an oath to apply law (I hate it when people use the word interpret, it implies judges are supposed to make it up as they go). IMO, if they are going to remove any judge, it should be on the basis that they have either interpreted law to support their own moral views or ends (legislating from the bench, which Andrea Lyon actually asked Judge S. to do) or they have intentionally mis-applied law, which would actually be very easy to recognize-AZlawyer and the other attorneys here have yet to write that they have seen any mis-application of the law by Judge Strickland.

But he got personal with a blogger blogging on the Caylee case, is that not so?

Strickland is not the chief judge of that court. I suspect the chief might sit him down and say, "OK, maybe this isn't fair, but you did overstep your bounds somewhat, and it's not worth creating appeal issues. Let's assign this one to someone else."

How about the actual case law cited in the Memo of Law? Is it applicable?

I'm interested to see how well Cheney knows his Florida case law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member