Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to dive into the time frame here. The motion references that it was filed within 10 days of becoming aware of the issue as required by the Rules of Judicial Administration.

Now......while the official interview conducted by J Lyons did take place on
April 11th.......much of this info has been out there for all to see for months and months.

According to the defense teams own definition / classification of MD and his blog ......he is, in their opinion, a "well known media figure". By the defense having previously submitted with motions, accompanying exhibits citing various blogs / forums / media coverage....they have already demonstrated that they make their regular rounds on the WWW.

So.....my question is this.......exactly where does that 10 day clock begin?

That is EXACTLY what I said when I just found this thread title...

See what happens when someone tries to interject themselves into a court case?

:banghead:

I so agree with you kentjbkent, this really makes me sick.
These people are all looking for their 15 minutes, sticking their noses where they don't belong. Why did MD have to blog/brag about the Judge calling him? :furious::hand:
I can't imagine anyone other than Strickland presiding over this trial.
:(:(

Wasn't JVM saying that JS posted on the blog??

For anyone watching JVM please understand they do NOT have their facts correct.

I personally would NOT want the judge in my case reading blogs and commenting on it openly to the public. There is also an enormous difference as far as I am concerned between reading/watching the news and sleuthing the internet. Sure JS can watch Belich and run into her and tell her he likes her reporting, but Belich is not likely going to go on air and tell her news audience that this occurred. I personally think he should just remove himself.

This IS Cheney's move, not Baez's. Way too much case law cited for it to be Baez. :)

The PI, Jeremy Lyon's, also says he reported to Cheney after talking to Dave.

So, now we are seeing Cheney's approach to this case. Not really different than the past. Attack everything else, because there's no other way to get their client off. :furious::furious::furious:

ITA This is definetly Cheney strategy. He is definetly an 'old school' kind of guy who wants a judge he can manipulate. Remember his first WORDS to JS --- "You trust ME, dontcha?"

I really can't stand the style of Mason Cheney. He should have retired before going down in flames, because a jury isn't gonna like him either. JMHO

Exactly!!! He wants this to run its course in the blogs and media over the weekend because it is light on Caylee news so, lets throw another firecracker in and stir things up. IMO.

It's making me wonder about the timing also ... the conversation in court was Oct '09 ... and supposedly the alleged phone call was Feb '10 and they're just finished conducting their investigation now? ... and their filing it to get the maximum media exposure of it (which in itself I is ironic) ... and let's not forget who's been fighting any type of gag order from the get go ... the defense has their nerve alright ...

I smell a doc dump coming soon ...

I bet that is because JS called DK at his home after he was in hospital which according to the motion was back in Feb.

Yes, and the whole thing in general. Karas is a fair reporter (as well as a lawyer), she is on top of this case, if she says it's a 10, it worries me!

Wasn't JVM saying that JS posted on the blog??

I will rewind and look.

My question is, this blogger is the Casey case the only thing he blogs about. JS may have read something else and could say that is what he was talking about. I have never heard of this blog, but I mainly stay here cause I feel like this is where the truth is. I hate all those rumor blogs.

It's making me wonder about the timing also ... the conversation in court was Oct '09 ... and supposedly the alleged phone call was Feb '10 and they're just finished conducting their investigation now? ... and their filing it to get the maximum media exposure of it (which in itself I is ironic) ... and let's not forget who's been fighting any type of gag order from the get go ... the defense has their nerve alright ...

I smell a doc dump coming soon ...

BBM

Yep....Let's remember the State's motion for reciprocal discovery.

THANK YOU! Because that was exactly who reported that he POSTED.

It is bad enough without embellishing. Shush it, Jane. :furious:

I am curious to dive into the time frame here. The motion references that it was filed within 10 days of becoming aware of the issue as required by the Rules of Judicial Administration.

Now......while the official interview conducted by J Lyons did take place on
April 11th.......much of this info has been out there for all to see for months and months.

According to the defense teams own definition / classification of MD and his blog ......he is, in their opinion, a "well known media figure". By the defense having previously submitted with motions, accompanying exhibits citing various blogs / forums / media coverage....they have already demonstrated that they make their regular rounds on the WWW.

So.....my question is this.......exactly where does that 10 day clock begin?

I don't think it was public about Dave getting a call from JS, was it? Did they just find out about it thru Jeremy's interview of Dave?

I also don't like the way Jeremy interviewed him. Trying to get all buddy-buddy so he could worm info out of him.

And I REALLY don't like the way the transcribed interview is EDITED. Off-topic conversation, my A$$. :furious:

ITA This is definetly Cheney strategy. He is definetly an 'old school' kind of guy who wants a judge he can maniupulate. Remember his first WORDS to JS --- "You trust ME, dontcha?"

I really can't stand the style of Mason Cheney. He should have retired before going down in flames, because a jury isn't gonna like him either. JMHO

Console yourself with the thought that his last client is on Death Row....:innocent:

Strickland is not the chief judge of that court. I suspect the chief might sit him down and say, "OK, maybe this isn't fair, but you did overstep your bounds somewhat, and it's not worth creating appeal issues. Let's assign this one to someone else."

I am sad to say, but reluctantly admit, that I think you are spot on. :(

I love JS and will miss him much if he recuses himself.

So they tried to get the prosecution removed and now the judge? Is it not time to start investigating Baez and his improprieties at the jail??

I think it time we see the video, NOT AUDIO, of KC & JB's inappropriate jail visits. I may want to file a complaint for JB to recuse himself b/c of it.

moo

Yeah, I learned my lesson with her-My mom had to inform me that JVM is but an entertainment journalist, I originally thought she actually had passed the bar.....I also get tired of her reminding me about veganism when I am about to tear into my steak dinner. :dance:

I don't think it was public about Dave getting a call from JS, was it? Did they just find out about it thru Jeremy's interview of Dave?

I also don't like the way Jeremy interviewed him. Trying to get all buddy-buddy so he could worm info out of him.

And I REALLY don't like the way the transcribed interview is EDITED. Off-topic conversation, my A$$. :furious:

It reminds me of a particular video interview that was conducted without putting JK under oath and some creative video editing there as well. Funny.........doesn't the use of "off topic" conversation sound much like "forum speak"??

Anyone know if JB is going turn this in (his investagation)to the State of FL to be reimbursed...

wait thought this claim was made a long time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic