Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the likeness too, on FB.
If one needs a lookalike to accomplish something, he'd do.

And the "look alike" is trying to accomplish...what exactly?

Well, for this scenario to work, there have to be lots of people who are out to get DM, including SB, the other test-drive owner, etc. Why they are out to get him, not sure. Guy just has cosmic bad luck, I guess.

I think by saying he is 100% not guilty we can safely say that he means 'they have got the wrong guy' JMO

No, DM may portray himself as an innocent spectator, someone who was there but not involved. I find it hard to believe that the "wrong guy" would be held for 18 months for nothing.

We have no idea whether the Yukon is involved do we ? Didn't LE say it was a dark coloured SUV?

Initially when LE was holding their cards close, they gave a vague description, but since then Supt. Dan Kinsella stated "Police have determined that this vehicle was a dark blue Yukon owned by Dellen Millard." So yes, the Yukon was involved.

Video here: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/22/tim_bosma_hamilton_police_arrest_second_murder_suspect.html

As for a realistic alternative story....would anyone believe one if it were posted ??? JMO

How about this... DM has a doppelganger who has been living DM's life now for a few years. The real DM is already out of the way either murdered or living on an island somewhere having been forced to forsake his fortune in favour of the doppelganger who sneakily put his own DNA on a genebase 5 years ago. This newstyled DM has been set up by those who put him in DM's life and who now want the money. They have already bumped off MB and have installed another woman who looks like her and who will now pass the funds and properties over to them.

I actually believe there is someone who bears a good likeness to DM....
sounds whacky doesn't it ? Anythings possible !!!! JMO

Well, no, anything is not possible. Even if this doppleganger existed, it sounds like LE are right to have him locked up for all you are proposing.

Well, for this scenario to work, there have to be lots of people who are out to get DM, including SB, the other test-drive owner, etc. Why they are out to get him, not sure. Guy just has cosmic bad luck, I guess.
OK. Gotcha....And I agree. Really...Please...Who on earth would want to frame a 27-year-old with no connections/power or much money to speak of! I think a lot of this case revolves around the fact that there wasn't much money left! The opposite of what most might think; I think the coffers were running VERY dry.

moo

We'll give this thread one more try. If you're thinking about posting in here simply to start trouble, forget it. It won't be tolerated, no more than it will be tolerated in the other threads.

Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:

Abusive Comments, Flaming, or derogatory insults or comments are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner...

If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.
Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict:

“Trolling” or making posts with the intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines...

Members that visit WS only to participate in “conflict” threads may be designated as Trolling and have their account temporarily or permanently suspended...

We have zero tolerance for members that create posts with the sole purpose of antagonizing other members.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8364858#post8364858"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Perhaps if we knew what happened to close this thread to begin with we could avoid that to keep it from happening again. It would be nice to be able to post our differing opinions without being condemned for not believing the prevailing mainstream theory, which I still don't understand. From what I have seen in life, everything we do or don't do is based on incentives, for example stealing a truck; most people wouldn't steal a truck because the incentive is to stay out of jail, to avoid pain. Some few people comparatively see the incentive of the prospect of getting a truck for free as a greater incentive than their fear of jail. Often, it is because they do not fear jail or are deluded into thinking that they will not go to jail, so that, when weighed in their minds, the value of a free truck out weighs the value if the time that they could spend in jail. In my personal opinion, to someone like DM who has enough money that the truck would be of a lesser personal relative value to him (by that I mean if you are someone who earns 50k a year, a truck for $25k would be half a years' salary for you, but to someone who with an income of $500k a year, that truck would be only worth one 20th of your salary, so it would have a lower relative value) and be less worth stealing. I also think that the threat of jail would be relatively greater to someone who has more means to enjoy his freedom (ie. frequent world travel, sailing, flying planes) than to someone who has always lived just a step or two above jail like conditions or who has been to jail previously. So to me, regardless of the relative value of the incentives, I still have not heard anyone propose a reasonable and logical explanation of Why a young man with plenty of money and so much to live free for would take an innocent life and take a chance on throwing away his lifelong freedom for something of as little value to him as a pair of shoes would be to you or I. What would be his motive, what was his incentive?

Perhaps if we knew what happened to close this thread to begin with we could avoid that to keep it from happening again. It would be nice to be able to post our differing opinions without being condemned for not believing the prevailing mainstream theory, which I still don't understand. From what I have seen in life, everything we do or don't do is based on incentives, for example stealing a truck; most people wouldn't steal a truck because the incentive is to stay out of jail, to avoid pain. Some few people comparatively see the incentive of the prospect of getting a truck for free as a greater incentive than their fear of jail. Often, it is because they do not fear jail or are deluded into thinking that they will not go to jail, so that, when weighed in their minds, the value of a free truck out weighs the value if the time that they could spend in jail. In my personal opinion, to someone like DM who has enough money that the truck would be of a lesser personal relative value to him (by that I mean if you are someone who earns 50k a year, a truck for $25k would be half a years' salary for you, but to someone who with an income of $500k a year, that truck would be only worth one 20th of your salary, so it would have a lower relative value) and be less worth stealing. I also think that the threat of jail would be relatively greater to someone who has more means to enjoy his freedom (ie. frequent world travel, sailing, flying planes) than to someone who has always lived just a step or two above jail like conditions or who has been to jail previously. So to me, regardless of the relative value of the incentives, I still have not heard anyone propose a reasonable and logical explanation of Why a young man with plenty of money and so much to live free for would take an innocent life and take a chance on throwing away his lifelong freedom for something of as little value to him as a pair of shoes would be to you or I. What would be his motive, what was his incentive?

Some people do things that the average person simply cannot understand!

Winona Ryder for example has a net worth of $14 million, but was convicted of shoplifting about $5000 worth of clothes. Fortunately for her, she got off easy, but could have faced several years in prison.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/winona-ryder-net-worth/

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/07/us/winona-ryder-convicted-of-2-counts-in-shoplifting.html

And some people kill simply for the thrill of it. In which case, the truck is a trophy or some sort of bonus in the twisted minds of the killers.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrill_killing"]Thrill killing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Personally, I think people have gotten overly focused on the truck because of Sharlene Bosma's very powerful messages. "Please, don't do this for a truck" and "Why would anyone do this for a truck?"

What would be his motive, what was his incentive?
<rsbm>

With all that money, what would be his motive to run a chop shop?

IMO ... just because he could and it was exhilarating.

And some people kill simply for the thrill of it. In which case, the truck is a trophy or some sort of bonus in the twisted minds of the killers.

Thrill killing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally, I think people have gotten overly focused on the truck because of Sharlene Bosma's very powerful messages. "Please, don't do this for a truck" and "Why would anyone do this for a truck?"

Makes you wonder what would happen if someone that has the urge to steal just for a thrill starts hanging around with someone that wants to kill just for a thrill.

You do? Why? He had several employees. His father had many more. His grandfather had more still. Maybe you're unaware of how coded locks work and how different levels of access are or can be, from time to time, awarded to different persons. Aaargh. I can't frankly be bothered to explain it. Suffice it to say that if he went out with some people to finalize the purchase of a truck (should it turn out to suit his purpose) then leave to go home giving instructions to the others to a) return TB to his home and b) drive the new vehicle to the hangar, every6body would be provided with whatever access codes they needed, if they didn't already have them.

Respectfully BBM. I was just re-reading from the beginning, trying to refresh my memory and open my mind a little, when this got me to thinking.... if this is all there is for security at Waterloo Airport, I'm scared.:please: In light of September 11, I hope that there would be more safety precautions. What would prevent a terrorist from kidnapping DM, getting his passcodes & stealing one of his airplanes out of the hangar. I can only hope that they would have top-notch security (hopefully security cameras showing who comes/goes at all points of entry into the airport. I tried to search security measures at the Waterloo Airport, but didn't have much luck. MOO:moo:

LOL. Give me a break. I'm in BC. It's incredibly HOT here, and I think part of my brain - the sentance creating part - may be melting.

Went back and edited. Does it make sense now? I can no longer tell. :banghead:

Break given lol. No offense, respectfully and JMHO and not pointing fingers, but simple is better. Simple, understandable, English is more apt to be read by other sleuthers as it's easier to comprehend then using big words one may have to use a dictionary to decode posts. I for one will skim a post and if there are too many elaborate words, poor sentence structure, I tend to lose interest in continuing to read on. Especially with the heat here in Ontario 34 degrees C . :hot::hot::hot: :Banane35::sunshine::highfive:

I believe this thread was reopened to discuss alternative theories...not to hijack it . JMO

Those who are so against the alternative theories might want to allow the alternative theories thread to get off the ground before trying to sabotage it.....of course I could be reading this wrongly.... I think we gathered from the input re: alternative theories on the other threads that this was something that many would prefer not to acknowledge or consider or discuss. Yet as soon as a thread reopens for discussion.... some may descend here to IMO put a spanner in the works.... please can someone let me know if I am reading this incorrectly.... I do realize we can post in whatever thread we choose...but it would be nice to have a thread that is purely for positive discussion about alternative theories than have that discussion sidetracked to the point where it cannot even get going....

It can't look good to any new posters to see the attacking of any theory other than '' DM is a killer'' JMO

IMO there is always a possibility that something happened that is not exactly how it looks at first glance.

1./ Chop Shop (Organized Crime)

2./ Infiltration into Millard business affairs by someone(s) working for them. Either taking over some of the running and control of the company and/or using that authority to control things at the hangar etc ...

3./ A third party was involved by way of following DM to an area where TB was eventually murdered.

4./ They met up with a third party who could be responsible for the murder.

5./ Any combination of the above JMO

6./ A little 'out there' but someone possibly had been posing as DM and obtaining supplies etc in his name. Maybe said imposter took the lookalike thing to the next level

I believe this thread was reopened to discuss alternative theories...not to hijack it . JMO

Those who are so against the alternative theories might want to allow the alternative theories thread to get off the ground before trying to sabotage it.....of course I could be reading this wrongly.... I think we gathered from the input re: alternative theories on the other threads that this was something that many would prefer not to acknowledge or consider or discuss. Yet as soon as a thread reopens for discussion.... some may descend here to IMO put a spanner in the works.... please can someone let me know if I am reading this incorrectly.... I do realize we can post in whatever thread we choose...but it would be nice to have a thread that is purely for positive discussion about alternative theories than have that discussion sidetracked to the point where it cannot even get going....

It can't look good to any new posters to see the attacking of any theory other than '' DM is a killer'' JMO

Websleuths is all about sleuthing and finding answers to what has happened in all cases. This one is no different. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we encourage that positive discussion.

Sometimes there are some that feel the need to impose their opinion to the point that others don't care to post due to hijacking or the thread being sidetracked. In my opinion that stifles the discussion and frustrates all that are passionate about the case.

This thread has been opened again for all to post their alternative theories, so keeping an open mind to listening to others opinions would apply.

Websleuths is all about sleuthing and finding answers to what has happened in all cases. This one is no different. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we encourage that positive discussion.

Sometimes there are some that feel the need to impose their opinion to the point that others don't care to post due to hijacking or the thread being sidetracked. In my opinion that stifles the discussion and frustrates all that are passionate about the case.

This thread has been opened again for all to post their alternative theories, so keeping an open mind to listening to others opinions would apply.

Yes I often feel like not posting due to the onslaught of attacks....but by not posting I feel it leaves the board open for one tracked thinking. I think discussion is stifled when theories other than the mainstream one is suffocated by closed mind thinking. But thats just my opinion and would not wish to suggest anyone need share my thinking.

Lets hope people do listen to other opinions outside of the mainstream ones... it certainly could help to shed light on a few more plausible theories... I do agree with you there Coldpizza. :seeya:

Juballee said:
I am sorry, I am genuinely confused here, are you suggesting in this post that there isn't a chop shop at all there, and that the vehicles found may have belonged to DM and or WM or that the story if it being a chop shop at all was exaggerated to come up with an OC angle? Or that DM and 3 or 4 friends were themselves a little OC? I am not critiquing, I have wondered the same thing, and we are all allowed to have more than one opinion as far as I am concerned, it is the only way to keep an open mind in this world. I also agree that chop shops should ideally try to keep things moving at a reasonable quick rate, which was why I found it odd that the Harley was still hanging around all these months later. Do you think the Harley was chopped there while WM was still alive, out of curiosity?

Yes Juballee I find it strange that the Harley was apparently sitting mutilated in it's own trailer awaiting discovery also. I wonder if it had been sitting there since last Fall or if it had arrived recently as part of some scheme or other?

<rsbm>

With all that money, what would be his motive to run a chop shop?

IMO ... just because he could and it was exhilarating.

At the moment, I personally don't think "DM" was running a chop shop. I reserve the right to change my mind though, if anything new comes out in the future. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat