Deputies seek public’s help in HaLeigh case/update:woman contacts LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great article.....thank you for posting it. Interesting that Prior showed the letter to RC's lawyers. Wonder why he did that? Wow. This could be something good.
Elle1919 Pretty amazing sounds very good to me!

Thank you texasmommy. :)

That is what caught my eye first.

Then the date and time of the article caught my eye:

1:32 p.m. EDT, September 25, 2009

I'm on MT but that looks recent, recent enough that it's safe to say unless they haven't published the information~ they don't know who she is yet.

What caught your eye Texasmommy? :)

I don't know what caught Texasmommy's eye but what caught my eye was that Prior showed it to RC's attorney... why would he do that?

Interesting that someone in Orlando would have information on Haleigh. Does anyone know of an Orlando connection amongst any of the players?

I might be wrong mck, but the Orlando Sentinel has picked up the story and is now publishing it.

The letter was dropped off at the St. Augustine Record. Look up at the title on that article. :)

* Practical Nursing: Clay: Jennifer L. Freeman and Melissa M. Jensen.Flagler: Melissa A. Deacon, Ashley E. Palmer; Putnam: Terica D. DuBois, Lindsy K. Croslin, Jami A. Curtis, Synettress D. Jones, Wyondia N. Jones, Jennifer R. Kennedy, James M. Luce, Linda M. Soliz, Nichole Watson; St. Johns: Lindsay R. Ackman, Jamie L. Duckworth, Celeste E. Reed.

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/070509/community_1691023.shtml

I looked up some of these names on myspace and they have graduated... 1/09
Last log in for JC on myspace 7/09 says still a student tho..

I have thought it could be someone in one of Lindsey's classes. Maybe MC did call Lindsey that night for help, since she was in nursing school...and that then maybe Lindsey hypothetically asked questions in class. Just a thought. There are also pictures of the First Coast Phlebotomy class of 2009 and the St. Johns graduating class of LPNs. I thought one person in the phlebotomy class with her hair now dyed, and there is a resemblance to a woman in the St. Johns 2009 nursing classes, to the far right, next to the last. She looks more put together, but, having a rough day, weather the way it's been, it could be her.

Thank you texasmommy. :)

That is what caught my eye first.

Then the date and time of the article caught my eye:

1:32 p.m. EDT, September 25, 2009

I'm on MT but that looks recent, recent enough that it's safe to say unless they haven't published the information~ they don't know who she is yet.

What caught your eye Texasmommy? :)
I have never given up hope that this baby will be found alive. And Pretty amazing stands out to me.:woohoo:

I noticed that too and was thinking the same thing.

Yep. I can't think of a single reason to hold it in such a fashion except to avoid fingerprints. However, DNA could possibly be obtained from skin cells if there was anyone else to compare it to. BUT as many hands who touched it, unlikely.

I have thought it could be someone in one of Lindsey's classes. Maybe MC did call Lindsey that night fo help, since she was in nursing school...and that maybe Lindsey hypothetically asked questions in class. Just a thought. There are also pictures of the First Coast Phlebotomy class of 2009 and the St. Johns graduating class of LPNs. I thought one person in the phlebotomy class with her hair now died, and there is a resemblance to a woman in the St. Johns 2009 nursing classes, to the far right, next to the last. She looks more put together, but, having a rough day, weather the way it's been, it could be her.

But would the journalist show a letter that contained "amazing" information to RC's lawyer you think? Amazing seems like a word to describe something good....like Haleigh being alive....I don't know. I don't want to hope for too much.

Yep. I can't think of a single reason to hold it in such a fashion except to avoid fingerprints. However, DNA could possibly be obtained from skin cells if there was anyone else to compare it to. BUT as many hands who touched it, unlikely.

I haven't caught up today I'm sorry. They are doing a DNA test?

I missed that, last night when I went to bed they were doing fingerprinting.

I agree, touch DNA testing is fairly new and very expensive still to perform IMHO.

If a DNA profile is being done, then perhaps it's from the flap of the envelope, perhaps it was licked to seal it? I don't know.

But would the journalist show a letter that contained "amazing" information to RC's lawyer you think? Amazing seems like a word to describe something good....like Haleigh being alive....I don't know. I don't want to hope for too much.

I am thinking that if the contents were good news they would show it to RC and lawyer. If it was bad they would go directly to LE with it. JMO

law enforcement purposes. It's hard to know which, if any apply, because we don't even know if this person IS a covered entity or whether any protected health information is involved. However, the federal HHS site explains a number of exceptions.

One example is:

"To identify or apprehend an individual who has admitted participation in a violent crime that the covered entity reasonably believes may have caused serious physical harm to a victim, provided that the admission was not made in the course of or based on the individual’s request for therapy, counseling, or treatment related to the propensity to commit this type of violent act (45 CFR 164.512(j)(1)(ii)(A), (j)(2)-(3))."

and

"Child abuse or neglect may be reported to any law enforcement official authorized by law to receive such reports and the agreement of the individual is not required (45 CFR 164.512(b)(1)(ii))."

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/faq/permitted/law/505.html

I am sure that there has to be some sort of clause for a situation where a missing child or a crime has been commited that it is ok to speak up.:innocent:

What about Lisa Finley? She's a family friend. She resembles the video woman.

I haven't caught up today I'm sorry. They are doing a DNA test?

I missed that, last night when I went to bed they were doing fingerprinting.

I agree, touch DNA testing is fairly new and very expensive still to perform IMHO.

If a DNA profile is being done, then perhaps it's from the flap of the envelope, perhaps it was licked to seal it? I don't know.

Let me clarify....
I was just saying that theoretically you could attempt DNA, but unlikely based on the handling of the envelope. I was just commenting on the very distinct way that the envelope was held and kind of wondering aloud if DNA could be obtained.

I don't know what caught Texasmommy's eye but what caught my eye was that Prior showed it to RC's attorney... why would he do that?

I would say and it is JMO ... but Ron had nothing to do with his child missing!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back