Details about Josh's childhood revealed in his parents divorce documents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Phew..well done you! Surnames can make ya crazy. It seems like it should be so easy, then you have to fiddle your way through those charts

I agree! Dal Gal, you're quick! You figured that out in no time! I'm thinking I should send some of my geneology work your way!

Must have found this census at the same time! So do you think Laughlin who is listed on the census as father-in-law of Samuel is the step-father of Ouita?

I actually had to edit my original post that you quoted, after studying the census further. Laughlin is her dad. Her first marriage was at the age of 15 per the census, so Samuel wasn't her first -- making WHITSON the name from her first marriage, and the older children on the census hers with Whitson (Harold Whitson from the power of attorney docs.)

Some people are able to break out and rise above the circumstances of their upbringing and some are not, may even latch onto it willingly. I can't help thinking of some of the missing child cases going right now, where the obvious question has been "who would not call 911 when a child is injured" for example...well, I think a lot of people wouldn't, depending on how they were raised and how they felt about LE "in their business" etc...I think certain families have a mentality that only those who remain matter, i.e. survival of the fittest, almost, and once someone is dead, it is time to close ranks and protect the living. I know I am rambling a bit, but I think people here at WS sometimes forget that the families and people we read about here are not (hopefully) the average, everyday families like those we know, with the values most of us have.

All that said, with JP now dead and having killed his children, I can't at all understand the lack of grief and remorse from most of his family on behalf of the children. JP is dead, he won't be punished by LE now, and still, they can only defend him? And not the kids?? We know once Susan was gone, his family members acted like she never mattered at all (except for the exception of one sister and her husband, I believe.) So I guess it should not be too shocking...but it still is. JMO

Respectfully, I completely disagree. I see their reaction as complete and utter shock, and perhaps an unwillingness to accept what Josh did to his sons.

I dont read this as a lack of grief-I read this as denial and lashing out. They wanted to believe Josh. They saw first hand how detestable people believed he was. They circled the wagons and he disabused them of their beliefs in one fell swoop.

I think they deserve the utmost sympathy.

That makes sense. So the Samuel Powell on the Power of Atty would be the Samuel Powell Jr, and the paperwork from Vacil to Samuel would also be for the Jr. (Getting my Jr and Sr mixed up).

Are you finding any more on ancestry?

WOW, I am so confuseld! Are you gonna draw this family tree in English?

Why are we sleuthing extended family members on this thread?

O/T
Since jp killed Susan, Braden and Charles, is he considered a SERIAL killer?
Writing on the wall, dysfunctional family, killed a hamster, sex preversion, *advertiser censored*........
Would he of kept killing if he didn't do suicide?

BBM. I was thinking the same thing, especially killed pet gerbils. I guess I associate killing animals to serial killers since that is one of the common things they do.

That is why it didn't think it was too far fetched that he could have faked his death by either killing someone (ie., homeless person) or digging up a body from an old grave to make it appear it was him.

I know, I know...I need to write fiction. But everything about this case seems to have came from a book or movie. Twists and turns every time I see a new article.

All of that, but we still have no info on his mother. I can't find her anywhere. You obviously know of more places to search (I would be happy to learn from you).

OK-I see two media references to snippets from the divorce documents, and a link to the case that doesnt work right now.

Does anyone have something more than that?

TY-but why? Are they related to the divorce documents? TIA.

You are right, it was a tangent from the childhood discussion that probably should have its own thread, because now we are into SP's childhood, not Josh's! Do you have a way to extract the posts into a new thread?

Ugh, now the boys' funeral is supposed to be picketed by anti-gay group. Leader of the group (which is some kind of church I believe) says the boys died because Washington legalized gay marriage and God wanted to punish the Governor.

Just heard that on the noon news.

We have a pretty active discussion going on about that in the Funeral Service thread... [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162170"]Funeral Service for Charlie and Braden - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You are right, it was a tangent from the childhood discussion that probably should have its own thread, because now we are into SP's childhood, not Josh's! Do you have a way to extract the posts into a new thread?

First we have to figure out if we are simply dragging innocent family members into this mess....

TY-but why? Are they related to the divorce documents? TIA.

The divorce docs talked about the kids upbringing, which led to the family dynamics... we noticed some info r/t to sp and his childhood had similar circumstances of his mom leaving...we were curious... Sorry, wrong place.

The divorce docs talked about the kids upbringing, which led to the family dynamics... we noticed some info r/t to sp and his childhood had similar circumstances of his mom leaving...we were curious...

Thank you-let's table the sleuthing of Steven's genealogy until I hear from Admin and we can see if we can start a thread regarding the subject.

We are very very sensitive here to sleuthing family that has not been named by LE or MSM as being involved in a case.

First we have to figure out if we are simply dragging innocent family members into this mess....

I think we are wondering if there is a family pattern of missing women .....
possibly at the hands of their husbands like Susan????

Thank you-let's table the sleuthing of Steven's genealogy until I hear from Admin and we can see if we can start a thread regarding the subject.

We are very very sensitive here to sleuthing family that has not been named by LE or MSM as being involved in a case.

No problem, I understand. It's tabled!

I think we are wondering if there is a family pattern of missing women .....
possibly at the hands of their husbands like Susan????

Great question. I am pretty sure there was a discussion which started on that subject in one of the Steven Powell threads...let me see if I can find it and where a good place to put it all might be...

Ok, I'm anxious to hear the outcome because I have more uncovered on SP's grandmother's own childhood. There seems to a be a cycle in the family dynamic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back