Details about Josh's childhood revealed in his parents divorce documents

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay....after reading it again, I think O and VW are sp's mom's parents... It's her music collection he's referring to. The confusion is he asks his dad and his parents when they recorded it, but it's her parents. So W is her maiden name....

BUT, per the genealogy page (which I'll use as a source now that Ouita and Samuel are tied together), SP's mom is Mabel Josephine Roach (aka Julie Powell). There has to be a step-parent situation going here. The genealogy page is going to be accurate concerning the bloodline. If Ouita Williams is Mabel Roach's mother, Williams is her second marriage...right? haha I love doing genealogical research, but female surnames drive me freakin' batty!

Ok, so let me see if I am reading you correctly:

SP's parents are SLP and MJR.

Are you speculating that Ouita is Mabel's mother? If so, why on earth would she sign Power of Atty over to Samuel? Not getting the connection.

Does anyone know SP's missing mother's name? And how old SP is now?

Best-
Herding Cats

According to peoplefinders.com, SCraigP is 62 years old.

I would think his bio. mom is probably passed away by now, but you never know.

It sounds like she may have been in the entertainment business. If SP was into music, I find that sometimes that is a hereditary talent.

And also since she supposedly went to Burbank, CA. Isn't that a pretty affluent part of CA?

Then again, she may have had a dream of going there so that's the story SP's grandmother came up with.

Ok, so let me see if I am reading you correctly:

SP's parents are SLP and MJR.

Are you speculating that Ouita is Mabel's mother? If so, why on earth would she sign Power of Atty over to Samuel? Not getting the connection.

Ok, let's assume that Ouita is SAMUEL's mother -- SP's paternal grandmother, not maternal. btw, I also found another power of attorney from Vacil Williams to Samuel Powell with the same dates as Ouita's. Perhaps Ouita was married to the inevitable Samuel Powell Sr. but remarried before her grandchildren were born so that Vacil was considered "Grandpa" to SP and his siblings, but the bio grandfather was SPSr. That makes sense. Let me see if I can make it fit on ancestry.com!

I'm glad you folks are straight on all of this. Me? I'm as confused as all get out at the moment!

Burbank is not an affluent area, it's an ordinary middle class area near Hollywood. If she was trying to start a recording career, she might have gone there. The Johnny Carson Show was filmed at studios in Burbank, and many people who work on film crews or as recording technicians, etc., ordinary entertainment industry jobs, live there as it is close or easy commuting distance to major studios.

I'm still trying to get over a grandma so mean she'd tell the kids they'd never see their mother again. Where does THAT kind of meanness come from? That hatred of a younger woman married to your son?

I had the same feelings early on this was about deep, dark family secrets about sexual abuse, shame and that Josh got rid of Susan because she found out and was going to remove the sons. She was an obstacle and removed her.
I don't think JP was attracted to adults or female adults.
I do think he was a pedo.
I wasn't shocked when child *advertiser censored* was found on dad's/his computer either. Sickened but, not shocked.
I hope Susan is found.

IF jp had taken the psychosexual exam there may have been a discovery that he was a fragmented personality not unlike Sybil.

The lie detector test may have revealed the location of Susan's remains.

We should not assume that a bio mom has passed away. The current SLTrib article says did indeed reenter SP's life a year later, so grandma was just being hurtful. If she had him young, she could well be alive somewhere.

Burbank is not an affluent area, it's an ordinary middle class area near Hollywood. If she was trying to start a recording career, she might have gone there. The Johnny Carson Show was filmed at studios in Burbank, and many people who work on film crews or as recording technicians, etc., ordinary entertainment industry jobs, live there as it is close or easy commuting distance to major studios.

I'm still trying to get over a grandma so mean she'd tell the kids they'd never see their mother again. Where does THAT kind of meanness come from? That hatred of a younger woman married to your son?

The thing that strikes me, after Alina's appearance yesterday, is the meanness a woman, she, could display toward her sister in law, Susan. It was scary to watch Alina's disdain for so many.

So if OW was Samuel's mom then VW would've been his stepdad????? Yep... I think you're right.... Samuel Powell Sr. is either deceased or they divorced.

The thing that strikes me, after Alina's appearance yesterday, is the meanness a woman, she, could display toward her sister in law, Susan. It was scary to watch Alina's disdain for so many.

Hi Jacie. Is there anywhere that I can watch this specifically?

Is there a link to the context where the Grandmother told the children they would not see Susan again? Who told of this? Thanks.

So if OW was Samuel's mom then VW would've been his stepdad????? Yep... I think you're right.... Samuel Powell Sr. is either deceased or they divorced.

Yep, that IS the answer! I found 1930 US Census in Felt, Idaho. Samuel L. Powell and wife Ouita A. Powell, one of their children is Samuel L. Powell JR!

Also found their marriage record at http://abish.byui.edu/specialCollections/westernStates/westernStatesRecordDetail.cfm?recordID=182744 so Ouita's maiden name is WHITSON, and the second designee on the Powers of Attorney was...Harold A. Whitson!

ETA: Whitson isn't actually her maiden name, but her surname from her FIRST marriage! If you study this census closely, her first marriage was at age 15 and Samuel's was at 21, yet he was only a year older than she and they've only been married for 4 years. That makes the two oldest children ages 5 and 6 hers from her first marriage (Oh look, the 6 year old is Harold). Plus Samuel's father-in-law named Jeremiah Laughlin is living with them in 1930, so THAT is her maiden name. In her sunset years, she gave power of attorney to her son with first husband Whitson and to her son with second husband Powell.

Attachments

• 1930 Ouita Powell census.jpg
    1930 Ouita Powell census.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 16
Is there a link to the context where the Grandmother told the children they would not see Susan again? Who told of this? Thanks.

It is on the chantrey site.

ETA: I tried to find a link and couldn't; someone here will have it.

Ok, let's assume that Ouita is SAMUEL's mother -- SP's paternal grandmother, not maternal. btw, I also found another power of attorney from Vacil Williams to Samuel Powell with the same dates as Ouita's. Perhaps Ouita was married to the inevitable Samuel Powell Sr. but remarried before her grandchildren were born so that Vacil was considered "Grandpa" to SP and his siblings, but the bio grandfather was SPSr. That makes sense. Let me see if I can make it fit on ancestry.com!

That makes sense. So the Samuel Powell on the Power of Atty would be the Samuel Powell Jr, and the paperwork from Vacil to Samuel would also be for the Jr. (Getting my Jr and Sr mixed up).

Are you finding any more on ancestry?

O/T
Since jp killed Susan, Braden and Charles, is he considered a SERIAL killer?
Writing on the wall, dysfunctional family, killed a hamster, sex preversion, *advertiser censored*........
Would he of kept killing if he didn't do suicide?

Yep, that IS the answer! I found 1930 US Census in Felt, Idaho. Samuel L. Powell and wife Ouita A. Powell, one of their children is Samuel L. Powell JR!

Also found their marriage record at http://abish.byui.edu/specialCollections/westernStates/westernStatesRecordDetail.cfm?recordID=182744 so Ouita's maiden name is WHITSON, and the second designee on the Powers of Attorney was...Harold A. Whitson!

Phew..well done you! Surnames can make ya crazy. It seems like it should be so easy, then you have to fiddle your way through those charts

Must have found this census at the same time! So do you think Laughlin who is listed on the census as father-in-law of Samuel is the step-father of Ouita?

but none of the actual documents are highlighted as available. The case went on for years and there's also several civil judgment cases where Terrica sued Steve. Below is just the link to the divorce case in case someone knows how to view the docs but I think they probably need to be ordered after this amount of time.

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.casesummary&crt_itl_nu=S32&casenumber=92-3-02909-8&searchtype=sName&token=0ECFD6C60F8AB67E12A02E55A9E92B9D&dt=204FE947C5C8BBB67D9C56A7F54CFB6C&courtClassCode=S&casekey=9350776&courtname=SPOKANE%20SUPERIOR

Thanks twall! I'm glad you weighed in because I know you're excellent at looking up docs,.

I remember reading them way back when and I can't remember but it seemed like it was here. But, I can't recall how complete they were. When I get more time, I'll dig around in the threads again and see if I can find anything.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrina Sleuth
Back