Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know they may do things differently down there in Orlando, but usually when a Missing Person case turns into a homicide investigation the case is turned over to the Homicide Unit. :waitasec: Has anyone else ever heard of a Missing Person detective keeping hold of a murder case?:waitasec: Aren't homicide detectives rather territorial about their collars?:waitasec: Yuri must be really popular in the OCSD.

I believe this is being handled by homicide detectives. To the best of my knowledge, Orange County doesn't have a missing person's unit. I think Yuri & Company are homicide detectives, although it is not classified as a homicide investigation.

That does ring a bell. Thanks. Why would she hae been looking at apartments then. I just remember that my smell's fishy went off with that interview. Most likely just my over suspicious mind acting up. The whole ZG Sawgrass thing has just never set well with me. Something is off with it and it goes beyond picking a name to use for Casey's story. I can't quite make the pieces work yet. Wish we could read some more documents.
Maybe LP has something that is going to split this open so Caylee can be found.
I just hope that MH is not going to get drug through any mud that is not needed. Military life can be hard enough without having to add additional pressure from the outside.
Too many coincidences... Does anyone know who's #218 Apt. was at Saw Grass? I wonder if it was DS.

Those were on the infamous Holy Smokes and Holy Smokes II threads mods pulled cuz we were all kinds of bad! Some of us were saying mean things to others, and some of us were so excited full names were spilling out right and left!
Yes, I recall the evening. A sleepless night. I was too wound up to sleep! ... again i was on dial up at the time. Thankfully, i am at work today. Hopefully, I wont be busy! :)

Not aware of any tissue. The hair, imo, has a partial and mitochondrial result. I have read, several think that means that a full DNA was not available from the sample. I disagree entirely. I believe that because paternity has yet to be established, there is no male comparison of paternity of Caylee to create the full strand/profile. If it had been Casey's as she has living parents, a full dna result would have been possible..

That is exacly why JB tried to slide that motion in last week to stop testing. He knows a comparison resulting in a full DNA profile eradicates reasonable doubt as to who was in the trunk.
I was saying earlier, that to determine the hair sample is Caylee's I thought you needed the father's dna to confirm.

It's interesting that LP seems to think that they are interested in the ZG story she gave to Rob. LP (and we were talking about this also on the NG thread last night) said there was interest in the link between LR, WW to ZG.

I am hoping that this trip to California by Yuri Melich to interview
the Padillas is necessary for the Grand Jury that hopefully will be convened to begin the process of charging casey anthony in the disappearance and death of Caylee.

Since Mark Hawkins is in the Military, perhaps a side trip to interview him is also in the making.

IMO.

I was saying earlier, that to determine the hair sample is Caylee's I thought you needed the father's dna to confirm.

That is correct, I think people get confused at the difference between getting a profile result for Caylee, and actually confirming that it is hers based on the comparison between her parents. It is necessary for a result, and imo, what we are all sitting aorund waiting for.

I wonder where ol' LP got that WW LR ZG connection? Websleuths? Not even confirmed. LP really needs to zip it

What about the DNA samples they removed from the home (Caylee's toothbrush and hairbrush) could they not use these to compare to the samples in the trunk?

They can, from a comparison perspective, however, The DNA analysis by virtue of it's percentage of accuracy, MUST be conclusive. It is not enough to prove it "might" be her dna on paper, It must be proven IT IS, through baseline comparison to that of her parents, to be CAYLEE in that car..
Why? without a body, they need to prove who was in that trunk,and I believe they will. I am posting from the standard or burden from the prosecution side, with an understanding of what the defense would rebut.

Why would OCSO spend the money to go out there to get a DNA swab from MH when they could just send paperwork for it, mind you MH would have to agree or YM would have to get a court order. Maybe that is why he is going out there. He needs a statement from LP and Company to have enough umph to get a judge to sign a court order. Just thinking aloud here.
Maybe someone knows the answer to this. Can YM take a depo from someone when he is not in his juristiction or would it have to be done through the local LE office?

It's a chain of custody issue. He has to get the DNA himself, make sure it is from the correct person and then hand it over for testing through proper channels. There can't be any grounds to say "we don't know where this came from" when it goes to court.

I don't really understand why they are leaving FL to search for Caylee. Can someone explain this to me?

"Detectives are leaving Florida Tuesday to search for missing Caylee Anthony as the child's mother remains jailed. An Orange County Sheriff's Department official confirmed to Local 6 that investigators will be talking with possible witnesses outside the state for clues into the whereabouts of the child."

It's my opinion that this case is going NO WHERE. I think it looks bad that Yuri is going to California. Seems like Yuri is grasping at straws.

I wonder where ol' LP got that WW LR ZG connection? Websleuths? Not even confirmed. LP really needs to zip it
i was on the thread "holy smokes" the evening it was posted... it was a late night at home with dial up! I think others on this thread last night said that it was made a point to LP from here on WS through a chat. Anyone have a transcript of it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsimpson1022
Back