*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per CNN-getting ready to secure a device-shooting a disrupter.

In Aurora, bomb experts complete first phase of disarming apartment of James Holmes ( link )
David Fahrenthold and Jenna Johnson
Washington Post, Saturday, July 21, 9:55

On Saturday morning, local and federal bomb experts were able to safely disable a tripwire and an incendiary device rigged near the entrance to James Holmes’s 800-square-foot apartment, Aurora Police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson said. Those two things had been “set up to kill” the first person to walk into the apartment, such as a police officer executing a search warrant, Carlson said.

The team is now resting and reassessing how to further proceed in the apartment, which contains other devices that may need to be detonated.

[...]

The apparent intent of all this, the official said, was “to kill and maim any first responders or anyone that came in there.” The official said that authorities hoped to complete the touchy work of disarming the apartment by the end of Saturday.

Carlson said at a Saturday morning briefing outside the apartment building that the bomb experts might conduct “a controlled detonation” that could result in a fire, so fire trucks are stationed in the neighborhood. She said those living in the area would be notified via a reverse 911 call of a possible explosion.

I am very far behind but I wanted to say that Vicodin is a combination of acetaminophen (tylenol) and hydrocodone.
If he took 100 MG of Vicodin - then he would have taken at least 10 pills - which would be 10mg hydrocodone and at least 325mg of tylenol in each pill. That is almost a lethal dose of tylenol and vicodin in terms of overdosing.
I am thinking Vicodin is being used as a catch all term - what was likely meant is that he took plain Hydrocodone.
MOO

The article tmz links to about him taking 100 mg of vicodin, claims vicodin comes in 500 mg and up.

Yes and what bugs me is that TMZ takes credit for finding that but they didn't.

They got it from reddit and neogaff..........which is why we posted it here BEFORE TMZ! Many of us were following the 18yr old doing minute by minute updates on reddit who pretty much scooped every major news source.

I know, I know............TMZ just bugs me..........lol

Completely agree mysterygirl, and yes that reddit timeline provides an endless wealth of info. Anyone familiar with my posts here knows that I hate media misreporting and love to highlight it. I also am a stickler for the credibility of the source/media outlet. Frankly, in this case, the tmz link was a means to an end in order to allow the profile to be a part of this dialogue...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Looks like something just went thru that smaller window? Yep fire in the hole yelled 3 times then a boom per CNN. Perhaps the controlled detonation spoken of earlier. No flames.

Just broke in on television, boom at his apt. the media says that it was controlled. They are detonating some of the devices he set obviously.

They are saying that they think his goal was that one liquid pour into another liquid that would cause an explosion. Also there was a chemical element that would be released to make people sick....hmmmm

Witness is saying no smoke, but small shock wave. They don't know if that will be the only one for now, waiting for what will happen next. Sources saying only one blast will happen. Police are saying this was successful mission. Next step going to be to take thirty aerial explosives and put in sand truck and take to facility and explode there.

I haven't seen anything to suggest his parents had a "resigned" reaction. I think media misinterpreted what his mother was saying about "you have the right person." She most likely meant she is his mother, not that she expected him to do something like that. In addition, no one came out and said that anyone believed anything was mentally wrong with the guy.
So diagnosing him with mental illnesses out of thin air doesn't make sense.

I agree. We just don't know yet. You may choose to reserve your judgement until all the facts are in. I am just choosing to reserve my anger until I am sure he will suffer from the world's wrath. Because if he is deranged, damaged, disturbed, or whatever, he does not know or care that we are angry, bc he does not live in the same world we do.

And, I believe, there were signs. I personally think we will see more as the news begins to flood out in the coming days. But, like I said, if I am wrong, I will be just as loud calling for justice. I think his mother's initial reaction was that she was not surprised. I think even the family's released statement show signs of resignation, and I do not see the word "shocked" anywhere in there. That would be the first word I would use if it was my relative!

Our hearts go out to those who were involved in this tragedy and to the families and friends of those involved. We ask that the media respect our privacy during this difficult time. Our family is cooperating with authorities in both San Diego, California and Aurora, Colorado. We are still trying to process this information and we appreciate that people will respect our privacy.

Also, apparently others are already coming out. I think it will take time for these others to come out to the public, bc who would want to be one of the "why didn't they speak up" crew that is so villianized by the media after these types of tragedies? From the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/murphy/ci...ect-is-tragic-reminder-big-problem?refresh=no

Shouldn't someone have noticed? Shouldn't he have gotten help long before this? A neuroscience faculty member at the University of Colorado who spoke, anonymously (how brave!), to The Washington Post said Holmes was "very quiet, strangely quiet" in class and "socially off." That same faculty member said he actually wasn't surprised when he learned that the James Holmes he knew was the accused gunman. Let that sink in.

We may just have to agree to disagree. I respect the opinions of all my fellow WSers! You guys are awesome. And, I know we are all just handling this in our own ways. :rocker::moo:

putting in a camera on a stick from a crane to see what it looks like in apt. now. the next step will to be to reassess if they can make entry. They will have to wear a protective suit and since so hot will be very dangerous.

The article tmz links to about him taking 100 mg of vicodin, claims vicodin comes in 500 mg and up.

Then they are talking about the ACETAMINOPHEN in the pill and NOT the hydrocodone.

Example 5mg hydrocodone/500mg acetaminophen
7.5/500
10/500

10/325

etc......

Police are letting traffic pass through on Peoria now, so police are comfortable enough to reopen the road.

Hats off to these folks who do such tedious and dangerous work. All the while trying to preserve any evidence they can. Thankfully he was unable to complete the whole plan. This is horrific enough :rose:

Then they are talking about the ACETAMINOPHEN in the pill and NOT the hydrocodone.

Example 5mg hydrocodone/500mg acetaminophen
7.5/500
10/500

10/325

etc......

It would appear so. Although it doesn't make sense either way, since he would have to cut the pill in five to take 100 mg of acetominophen.

Since when quiet and socially off equals mentally ill?
What mental illness would that be?

I just got on, have not gotten to read any threads today, so not sure if its been told already, but witness is saying he had Cotton Candy Pink hair on July 1st when he was having AR fitted for a scope at Gander mountain guns. I am thinking the red hair was not part of the "Joker" persay, but just an expression of his frame of mind as his life was changing.

It would appear so.

I bet he took 2 vicodins with 500mgAPAP in them which would be 1000mg.

To my knowledge I don't think they make them with 1000mg per pill.....750mg may be the highest of tylenol they go....

I am thinking he took 10mg unless he was a long time highly tolerant abuser.

Yeah, I agree. 100mg can't be right even if it was straight hydrocodone. I guess it doesn't matter but I think that amount is misquoted if it's even true.
MOO

Yeah, I agree. 100mg can't be right even if it was straight hydrocodone. I guess it doesn't matter but I think that amount is misquoted if it's even true.
MOO

Well the numbers certainly appear to be off the way it is reported.
I really doubt he would be cutting a pill in five if they meant acetominophen. And 100 mg is too large for hydrocodone. So it has to be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!