*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear so. Although it doesn't make sense either way, since he would have to cut the pill in five to take 100 mg of acetominophen.

No they come with 325mg aceta.
500mg aceta
750mg aceta.

the hydrocodone varies also 5mg
7.5mg
10mg

So the highest hydrocodone per pill is 10mg

So he either took 10mg instead of the 1000mg they reported

OR

He took pills which equaled 1000mg of tylenol which has nothing to do with the opiod strength

Hope that makes sense

Medical people will know what I'm saying............reporters probably don't

I just got on, have not gotten to read any threads today, so not sure if its been told already, but witness is saying he had Cotton Candy Pink hair on July 1st when he was having AR fitted for a scope at Gander mountain guns. I am thinking the red hair was not part of the "Joker" persay, but just an expression of his frame of mind as his life was changing.

I wondered same. The hair and the "Joker" Statement meant something to "him" (If he said it at all) Perhaps it just meant "Good vs. Evil"

One thing that admittedly bothers me wrt these tragic, yet, criminal acts, is society's desire to pathologize criminal behavior. Some people are just.... for the lack of a better term, evil.

Yes, perhaps the guy has "issues." However, it is clear from reports that this guy was going for maximum damage. His actions were not only planned months before (wrt stocking up on firearms & ammunition, riot gear, etc) but he rigged his apartment with explosive devices aimed at first responders... the very people who daily, risks their lives, to make our world a better place to be.

Imnsho, his actions are not those of a clinically deranged individual. They are actions of someone, whom, regardless of whether he actually acted alone, or was acting as part of a larger plan, chose to take the lives of the innocents.

While I am adamantly against exacting violence upon this or any other individual who wreaks havoc upon our society, neither can I feel compassion for a man who made the sort of choices this man made.

No they come with 325mg aceta.
500mg aceta
750mg aceta.

the hydrocodone varies also 5mg
7.5mg
10mg

So the highest hydrocodone per pill is 10mg

So he either took 10mg instead of the 1000mg they reported

OR

He took pills which equaled 1000mg of tylenol which has nothing to do with the opiod strength

Hope that makes sense

Medical people will know what I'm saying............reporters probably don't

Thanks for explaining better than I could!
I believe there has been a lot of talk in the past few years about people taking high doses of Vicodin and overdosing from the acetaminophen. Same with Percocet.
I don't think you can even get straight Hydrocodone in the US.
MOO

One thing that admittedly bothers me wrt these tragic, yet, criminal acts, is society's desire to pathologize criminal behavior. Some people are just.... for the lack of a better term, evil.

Yes, perhaps the guy has "issues." However, it is clear from reports that this guy was going for maximum damage. His actions were not only planned months before (wrt stocking up on firearms & ammunition, riot gear, etc) but he rigged his apartment with explosive devices aimed at first responders... the very people who daily, risks their lives, to make our world a better place to be.

Imnsho, his actions are not those of a clinically deranged individual. They are actions of someone, whom, regardless of whether he actually acted alone, or was acting as part of a larger plan, chose to take the lives of the innocents.

While I am adamantly against exacting violence upon this or any other individual who wreaks havoc upon our society, neither can I feel compassion for a man who made the sort of choices this man made.

I agree. He is proof Evil does exist. The planning that went into this is time consuming and methodical. Once this hits Court we "know" what angle his Defense is going to go with :maddening: I guess we all search to understand the unexplainable.

Thanks for explaining better than I could!
I believe there has been a lot of talk in the past few years about people taking high doses of Vicodin and overdosing from the acetaminophen. Same with Percocet.
I don't think you can even get straight Hydrocodone in the US.
MOO

Well damn...........they are saying he took 100mg instead of 1000mg so that blows my theory.

But still...........he would have to take ten 10mghydrocodone pills to equal 100

Can it be done? Yeah, if you are a chronic user with major tolerance but for most ppl it would knock out respirations so I'm still going with he took 10mg.....

Adding more similarities:

Both had NOT been in military

Also adding images of their outfit and weapons:

<modsnip>

I posted 3 GREAT collage images, which I had composed myself.
They compared James Holmes and Ander Breivik's outfits and weapons BUT they were deleeted due to that I had not provided links to where I found the original images. I understand.
BUT I had used LOTS of houres to find the images and to cut and past etc etc etc, and now they are gone:(
I have found links to all images exept TWO, I have looked for several houers now but NO LUCK.

One image I can't find again is of JH's 3 weapons, it was a screenshot I made from a newsvideo I saw this morning, it says:
"MOVIE THEATER TRAGEDY "
Suspect's weapons

The text is written on top of a red rectangle at the top of the screen-shot and the rest is blue, with a dim yellow crimetape in the background, the weapons are in black and white, and they are an AR15, a Glock 23 40SW and a Remington 870

The other image I can't find, which is the MOST important one, is:

An image of James Holmes's outfit, full figure, back and white and with ALL his ballistic outfit. To the right there are 3 images of his weaponds.
It is NOT a REAL picture of JH, but a picture of man figure wearing all the outfit JH wore the night of the shooting, including ballistic helmet.
ALL the different denominations of the ballistic parts are mentioned in text along the man shape, and so are the weapons

PLEASE PLEASE post (or better PM mebecuase I dont know how to find it among the ocean of posts that are posted on this thread) the link if you have it or if you have seen it and remember what website published it.

THANKS in advance :please:

TF

Per CNN a good sign there were no explosions or fire. Robots to go in again to further access.

It would appear so. Although it doesn't make sense either way, since he would have to cut the pill in five to take 100 mg of acetominophen.

Sorry Jenny I see what you are saying.........I was thinking they said 1000 instead of 100

They are still wrong though...........unless this guy is a MAJOR drug user.

Even addicts that do 10pills a day don't do it all at once.

I would say that a chronic user could prob take about 70mg without throwing it up from the tylenol and that would be a gamble.

I agree. We just don't know yet. You may choose to reserve your judgement until all the facts are in. I am just choosing to reserve my anger until I am sure he will suffer from the world's wrath. Because if he is deranged, damaged, disturbed, or whatever, he does not know or care that we are angry, bc he does not live in the same world we do.

And, I believe, there were signs. I personally think we will see more as the news begins to flood out in the coming days. But, like I said, if I am wrong, I will be just as loud calling for justice. I think his mother's initial reaction was that she was not surprised. I think even the family's released statement show signs of resignation, and I do not see the word "shocked" anywhere in there. That would be the first word I would use if it was my relative!

Also, apparently others are already coming out. I think it will take time for these others to come out to the public, bc who would want to be one of the "why didn't they speak up" crew that is so villianized by the media after these types of tragedies? From the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/murphy/ci...ect-is-tragic-reminder-big-problem?refresh=no

We may just have to agree to disagree. I respect the opinions of all my fellow WSers! You guys are awesome. And, I know we are all just handling this in our own ways. :rocker::moo:

Well, I am one that agrees with you. I think he had a lot more than what some call "issues". Most serious intractable mental disorders become apparent at right around his age. The fact that he chose neuroscience as his area of study makes me think it is possible he has been fighting demons privately for some time.

What saddens me is that as a society as long as we refuse to deal with mental illness as a disease and prefer to villianize it as a defense, minimize it as "issues" or claim it is an easy defense to be used to get out of legal responsibility, we will never overcome the stigma that prevents us from better treating it. Mental illness is so poorly dealt with in this society, and until we man up and deal with it like adults we will never be able to prevent these episodes.

Oh, and I know, not many of you are going to look at this post kindly.

Well, I am one that agrees with you. I think he had a lot more than what some call "issues". Most serious intractable mental disorders become apparent at right around his age. The fact that he chose neuroscience as his area of study makes me think it is possible he has been fighting demons privately for some time.

What saddens me is that as a society as long as we refuse to deal with mental illness as a disease and prefer to villianize it as a defense, minimize it as "issues" or claim it is an easy defense to be used to get out of legal responsibility, we will never overcome the stigma that prevents us from better treating it. Mental illness is so poorly dealt with in this society, and until we man up and deal with it like adults we will never be able to prevent these episodes.

Oh, and I know, not many of you are going to look at this post kindly.

I think you may have hit on something with the major he chose.......

Why did he pick that specialty? Perhaps he knew at a younger age that he was in trouble from a mental standpoint.

I have no doubt he has a high IQ and is socially awkward...........

I think that his particular trigger of dark thoughts he may have been having for some time is the PhD failure.....

It coincides with the purchase of the guns.

I am thinking he took 10mg unless he was a long time highly tolerant abuser.

>>>Each VICODIN (hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen) tablet contains: Hydrocodone Bitartrate 5 mg Acetaminophen 500 mg. In addition each tablet contains the following inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, starch, croscarmellose sodium, dibasic calcium phosphate...

rxlist.com/vicodin-drug.htm

The 5 mg hydrocodone half-gram tylenol is the commonly prescribed Vicodin in this country--so if he really took 100 mg, he is either very strung out on the stuff or would be nauseous and nodded out--and possibly die--from that dose--as it is usually prescribed for moderate pan one tablet every four to six hours as needed.
If he was addicted enough to take 20 pills at a time, he either spent lots of time "doctor shopping"--and lots of money too, as the "pain management" script-writing quacks are not cheap and usually want cash--and the "street" value is usually 1$ a milligram.

I posted 3 GREAT collage images, which I had composed myself.
They compared James Holmes and Ander Breivik's outfits and weapons BUT they were deleeted due to that I had not provided links to where I found the original images. I understand.
BUT I had used LOTS of houres to find the images and to cut and past etc etc etc, and now they are gone:(
I have found links to all images exept TWO, I have looked for several houers now but NO LUCK.
This is all that I could find, atm (source attributions/links, below each pic).

Cologuns_blog_story_620x350.jpg

CBS News

0720-james-guns-1.jpg

Scout NBA Network

390-gas-mask.jpg

NY Daily News

colorado-shoothing-suspect-riot-gear-outside-theater.jpg

K-For TV

>>>Each VICODIN (hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen) tablet contains: Hydrocodone Bitartrate 5 mg Acetaminophen 500 mg. In addition each tablet contains the following inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, starch, croscarmellose sodium, dibasic calcium phosphate...

rxlist.com/vicodin-drug.htm

The 5 mg hydrocodone half-gram tylenol is the commonly prescribed Vicodin in this country--so if he really took 100 mg, he is either very strung out on the stuff or would be nauseous and nodded out--and possibly die--from that dose--as it is usually prescribed for moderate pan one tablet every four to six hours as needed.
If he was addicted enough to take 20 pills at a time, he either spent lots of time "doctor shopping"--and lots of money too, as the "pain management" script-writing quacks are not cheap and usually want cash--and the "street" value is usually 1$ a milligram.

Yeah lots of doctors will prescribe the 10mg ones if you have major pain....

but 100mg is still too much

My only point about that dosage is that I don't want for people to blame it on drugs instead of his .........well..............evil

He wasn't super high when he did all of this. It was planned and he is smirking right now I think.

So did he take some Vicodin before..........smoke some weed..........probably so but he wasn't gorked.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Sloppy reporting.

I just joined so I could provide a likely explanation for why JH's mother told the media the cops have the right person.

JH could have sent an email to his parents immediately before the shooting. Or had a timed email set up to email not long after the shooting.

Given what we know about JH's background and psychology, I think it's likely he would do this.

Another likely explanation, that has already been offered, is that law enforcement notified the parents before she made that statement to the media.

I just joined so I could provide a likely explanation for why JH's mother told the media the cops have the right person.

JH could have sent an email to his parents immediately before the shooting. Or had a timed email set up to email not long after the shooting.

Given what we know about JH's background and psychology, I think it's likely he would do this.

Another likely explanation, that has already been offered, is that law enforcement notified the parents before she made that statement to the media.

Excellent theory
:welcome4:

jenny said:
Since when quiet and socially off equals mentally ill?
What mental illness would that be?

A lot of people think quiet loner type people = antisocial. That is not true. The CORRECT word is asocial...

That might be where it comes in.

From Asociality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Asociality refers to the lack of a strong motivation to engage in social interaction and/or the preference for solitary activities. Developmental psychologists use the synonyms "nonsocial," "unsocial," and "social disinterest". Asocial is distinct from antisocial as the latter implies an active dislike or antagonism toward other people or the general social order.

Just one example that a good person, within a pretty short amout of time, can develope an unvillig and strong urge to kill, evilness if you will, due to a specific located braintumor.
Just saying that it IS possible to turn evil against your will.

And thanks for you kindness finding those images to me:), unfortunatly they were not the once I look for, but I probably can use one of the images, the one with the 3 guns if I can't get hold of the origianl one.

Welcome to WS's!!! I agree completely. I posted last night that I won't be surprised that JH sent him Mom a text message asking her to call him - and that was perhaps the call he received in the theatre. I also wouldn't be surprised to learn that the reason LE knew the apartment was rigged with explosives is becasue JH may have mentioned it to his Mom, and she may have been the one to tip of LE about the apartment. She said something to the effect of "I need to call police" when the new media first contacted her. I can't understand why JH would rig the apartment and then tell LE it was rigged - it defeats the whole purpose of going to great lengths to kill people.

This is all that I could find, atm (source attributions/links, below each pic).

How do you carry a rifle AND a shotgun, and shoot either accurately enough to hit 70 people?
I've seen no mention of the shotgun having a sling, over his shoulder/back--neither the .223 nor the 12g pump are long guns that lend themselves to one-handed use, rambo-style--something doesn't add up. Also, even a 20 or 30 round magazine in the .223 would require several changes to take that many shots--has there been a claim that he used a very rare/exotic drum mag on the .223?--they tend to be prone to jamming--it is unlikely he could empty one without a misfire.
Where did he get the money to buy hard-to-get(except as sold to LE) SWAT gear, and $2000+ worth of guns, if he was on unemployment, after recently working at McDonalds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member