*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching/listening to coverage of the tragedy since I got up this morning (Today Show until 11, now CNN). Haven't heard yet how many theatres in the complex were showing the film (two, maybe?) or whether or not the midnight premiere was sold out. Any word on this? Thanks.

That's what makes this so terrifying, how do we prevent these from happening?

His mothers comments made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end! She seems to know he had issues. WTH????????

My niece goes to CU, so I am thankful that it did not go down at the school, but even more thankful that she came home on Monday.
Dave AHFB, did you note the San Antonio connection of one of the victims? Express-News has it on their page. Brother a firefighter in Seguin, and the victim had lived in S.A. and New Braunfels.

Also, see SuziQ's post just below.

'I'm truly blessed for every second I am given': First victim named is aspiring young female sportscaster who escaped mass shooting in Toronto just weeks ago.

Jessica Ghawi narrowly missed shooting at Eaton Mall on June 2
Moved to Denver from San Antonio, Texas last year to pursue TV dream
Tweeted about her excitement to see film just moments before shooting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ises-Jessica-Ghawi-12-dead.html#ixzz21BHeK0tD

I heard three showing the fim starting at midnight, he attacked the 12:05 one.

Are we going to see an insanity plead surface here?

Lets hope not. I understand that people have mental illnesses but for me it does not take away from what they did. If they have issues to kill once they have issues that can make them kill again.

So many people were so excited about this movie and were really, really looking forward to it. I'd hate to see people not go just because of some lone terrorist. I guarantee security will be ramped up at all movie theaters showing this movie. Never let evil get the final word.

My son went to a midnight showing of it in Eugene Oregon last night and gave it a thumbs down. :dunno:

Being as he did not resist when LE showed up to the movie theater and he booby trapped his apartment, did he want to go to prison for this? To make a name for himself, take a stand for something?

He obviously didn't want to commit suicide and he didn't do anything to make LE shoot to kill him, he certainly wasn't planning on going back to his apartment if he had it booby trapped as "sophisticated" as he does. I'm just at a loss.

And why tell LE his name, his address and then offer up the information that his apartment was booby trapped?!?

I sure hope there isn't anything in there on a timer?

Could the Bomb Squad detect this (without entering)?

One of the channels just reported that authorities are saying the apartment is booby-trapped with trip wires and bottles containing some unknown substance.

My son went to a midnight showing of it in Eugene Oregon last night and gave it a thumbs down. :dunno:

Really? It was at 87% in Rottentomatoes.com. They were doing marathons here locally, showing the entire trilogy in a row. The 2 previous ones followed by the midnight showing of the new one.

If someone is interested in making a scanner thread, they are actively talking about the apartment. BUT don't talk about it here :)

Any reason why he would booby trap his apartment and then tell police it was booby trapped. I assume they would have been cautious anyways, but he seemed to just offer it up.

Surprised he told as well. I would think he would want to bask in the glory of his final act. CNN reporting device sophisticated and moving the perimeter surrounding the apt. building. Seems like a lot planning to just give it up. Thank God he did. This is horrific enough :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper