*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to how this is playing in other countries, my friend Coxy in Australia titled his email "yay - another big day for the NRA!"

Other countries find this outlandish, and fiendish.

As a Canadian, when the news broke, all local and national media covered the story and comments by Canadians was shock, disbelief and horror. We are still getting some coverage but it's mostly recycled news from US affiliates.

Has it stopped Canadians from going to the movie theatre?

Canadian Batman fans undeterred by Colorado shooting

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/305816/canadian-batman-fans-undeterred-by-shooting/

Utter disbelief in England...closely followed by the great gun debate. Bear in mind the vast majority of our law enforcement don't even carry guns.

As a Canadian, when the news broke, all local and national media covered the story and comments by Canadians was shock, disbelief and horror. We are still getting some coverage but it's mostly recycled news from US affiliates.

Has it stopped Canadians from going to the movie theatre?

Canadian Batman fans undeterred by Colorado shooting

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/305816/canadian-batman-fans-undeterred-by-shooting/
I dont think impact on American boxoffice either!

CARIIS, I didn't know his father hired an attorney. I thought he was appointed a public defender according to the media.

Aurora shooting suspect appointed public defender

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57477305/aurora-shooting-suspect-appointed-public-defender/

My understanding is he has a 19 year old sister but that is what I read on here somewhere (sorry no link to back that up so please take it as unconfirmed for now).

If his parents were funding his schooling, they may have become aware of his withdrawal from the program in June. There are reports that he spent a lot of time playing online video games.....perhaps some were virtual reality games where he played out his fantasy role as "the joker" (??).

IMO, there are some serious mental health issues with JH. What those are, I can't even begin to speculate. First thought was schizophrenia but IDK.

Utter disbelief in England...closely followed by the great gun debate. Bear in mind the vast majority of our law enforcement don't even carry guns.
Do you think if their was gun control laws :

Anyone procuring 6000 rounds of ammos 4 guns and more armor that the swat teams is not going to think “oh no, I may get some jail time if I find an assault rifle on the black market”

I'm still very curious as to why they won't release his mugshot. I know they said for investigative purposes but what could be on his face that needs to be kept from the public besides his red hair? :waitasec:

MAybe this is why did not sound as rapid fire as one would anticpate!

The semiautomatic assault rifle used by the gunman in a mass shooting at a midnight showing of the latest Batman movie jammed during the attack, a federal law enforcement official told The Associated Press, which forced the shooter to switch to another gun with less fire power.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...Tpmnow?docId=ae369e22703b4160b414e1df95ad2003

Anyone procuring 6000 rounds of ammos 4 guns and more armor that the swat teams is not going to think “oh no, I may get some jail time if I find an assault rifle on the black market”

I don't know how the gun control thing works. I mean do they not track who purchases what? What would a regular citizen need 4 guns, including a semi-automatic rifle, 6000 rounds of ammo?

How does one purchase all that other stuff online? Just a credit card? No background check? What about his swat team outfit? Doesn't anyone question why the heck a regular joe shmoe need it for? Or does nobody give a darn and as long as they get $$$$, that's all that matters.

Have not heard this detail before :

, where he was one of six students at the school to get National Institutes of Health grant money. He recently took an intense three-part, oral exam that marks the end of the first year of the four-year program there, but university officials would not say if he passed, citing privacy concerns.

Could seriously impact some notions huh if he did not pass (as oppossed to him becoming obsessed with upcoming movie release) maybe he did vol withdraw

IMO, if true, does change up some stuff!

It's interesting how much my views have changed in living here for a few years to be honest.

Coming from Milwaukee (pop: 700k) murder was almost a daily event. You barely even noticed the headlines anymore. Now, living in a small English town (pop: 40k) when a murder occurs I am shocked and horrified.

Many beyond America's borders are flummoxed by such liberal gun laws and if I am being totally honest, while I am so proud of being American, I relish not having to worry over my children being shot at school. There's something really wrong, I believe, when toddlers are getting caught in crossfire.

Here gun control legislation is so strict you're likely to be sentenced longer for possessing a firearm than sexual assault or sometimes even murder.

Someone help me here ! I get freedom of internet rights etc! HOWEVER check this out --while most of us are shopping at AMazon(!) he likes this shop :

http://tacticalgear.com/

Now my question is , who on earth would need to purchase stuff like this personally? If Swat team member etc organization would purchase this stuff for you no?

Someone help me here ! I get freedom of internet rights etc! HOWEVER check this out --while most of us are shopping at AMazon(!) he likes this shop :

http://tacticalgear.com/

Now my question is , who on earth would need to purchase stuff like this personally? If Swat team member etc organization would purchase this stuff for you no?

Oh look they even offer discounts. :banghead:

It's interesting how much my views have changed in living here for a few years to be honest.

Coming from Milwaukee (pop: 700k) murder was almost a daily event. You barely even noticed the headlines anymore. Now, living in a small English town (pop: 40k) when a murder occurs I am shocked and horrified.

Many beyond America's borders are flummoxed by such liberal gun laws and if I am being totally honest, while I am so proud of being American, I relish not having to worry over my children being shot at school. There's something really wrong, I believe, when toddlers are getting caught in crossfire.

Here gun control legislation is so strict you're likely to be sentenced longer for possessing a firearm than sexual assault or sometimes even murder.

To be fair, I lived in a small Florida town for many years, around 40k too. It is HEAVILY conservative, everyone I knew had guns. Drugs were a HUGE problem..it is a very run down town. But only 1 murder was committed in the last 5 years - and it didn't involve a gun. I'm not saying there is a right way or a wrong way, but I think I have had the opposite paradigm shift that you have had. I used to be 100% against guns. I am so far from that now it amazes me. We currently have 2 home protection guns and it makes me feel a whole lot better knowing I have that option if someone comes in to hurt me.

This guy was going to kill people, regardless. Bombs were obviously not a problem for him, if he couldn't get his hands on a gun he was still going to kill a lot of people. IMO.

His mother is a nurse. I just looked it up and it sounds like a helpful organization. Am I not understanding something?

I don't remember seeing that on a bumper sticker in front of the house. I thought I'd include the link for you of the local news videos outside his house.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/category.asp?C=149651

From what I understand.....it is an AMAZING program. They deal with depression and suicides.....and they help families going through it. Anyway, somebodys car in the driveway had a "TWLOHA" bumper sticker. Why they had it, I don't know. Most of the comments I have read seem to suggest that they believe his family had been dealing with somebody in their family that was having issues. Here is what was wrote on their web site:

Here is the link to this post.http://www.twloha.com/blog/what-that-sticker-means

Last night in Colorado, a young man walked into a movie theater and took the lives of innocent people. As of now, 12 people were killed and many more were wounded.

<modsnip>.

From what I understand.....it is an AMAZING program. They deal with depression and suicides.....and they help families going through it. Anyway, somebodys car in the driveway had a "TWLOHA" bumper sticker. Why they had it, I don't know. Most of the comments I have read seem to suggest that they believe his family had been dealing with somebody in their family that was having issues. Here is what was wrote on their web site:

Here is the link to this post.http://www.twloha.com/blog/what-that-sticker-means

That's a beautiful message.

To be fair, I lived in a small Florida town for many years, around 40k too. It is HEAVILY conservative, everyone I knew had guns. Drugs were a HUGE problem..it is a very run down town. But only 1 murder was committed in the last 5 years - and it didn't involve a gun. I'm not saying there is a right way or a wrong way, but I think I have had the opposite paradigm shift that you have had. I used to be 100% against guns. I am so far from that now it amazes me. We currently have 2 home protection guns and it makes me feel a whole lot better knowing I have that option if someone comes in to hurt me.

This guy was going to kill people, regardless. Bombs were obviously not a problem for him, if he couldn't get his hands on a gun he was still going to kill a lot of people. IMO.

Well it appears it's not a problem for anyone wanting to purchase bomb making materials. All they need is a credit card and an address and voila!

Is that how McVeigh got his stuff? What about the Columbine killers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976