*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she didn't say that.
How in the world would someone not be surprised by something like this?
My understanding is the exact quote was "you have the right man" which IMO would be congruent with a long hx of mental illiness, many relapses as it relates to medication non compliance and her being a nurse would be totally aware that her child is very mentally ill..............

He didn't look all that different from any student in a morning section after listening to me lecturing about Shakespeare for 45 minutes; i.e., very sleepy.

I heard I think this morning on TV may have been on HLN, that the parents would speak sometime after the court hearing this morning.

Anyone hear this? And if so, do you know when?

Was he buying the guns and ammo before he started the process of dropping out of his PhD program? Reports are saying he started buying these items two months ago. I read that he withdrew from school in June.

Would they have given him anti-psychotic meds without a pysch evaluation?
If he had been taking them .... mom nurse.....liability for jailers sudden stopping psyc meds DANGEROUS!

He didn't look all that different from any student in a morning section after listening to me lecturing about Shakespeare for 45 minutes, i.e., very sleepy.

I'd say. Some people here haven't been around young males much. I didn't notice anything that unusual except he looked pitiful/pathetic.
But people are diagnosing him with all kind of mental disorders by just looking at him.

When the judge started to outline like he was not to drink etc you guys my heart started to pound .... I am thinking are they gonna let him out on bond ---mortifing!

Don't feel alone, I was thinking WTH are they crazy!

seeing the face expressions married up with the words of the judge sure makes it look like he is acting his arse off.

Concur ! or Risperdol - what ya think?

I don't think it would be "Risky Risperdol"...that stuff is a last resort considering it's huge side effects and risks...which is why it's nicknamed "risky risperdol."

I think the jail Drs would have a different "cocktail" they use regularly, and it probably contains haldol, ativan, and another drug. It's a good combo, and regularly used in ERs and psych facilities as a fast, effective, and relatively safe sedation when needed.

Best-
Herding Cats

My understanding is the exact quote was "you have the right man" which IMO would be congruent with a long hx of mental illiness, many relapses as it relates to medication non compliance and her being a nurse would be totally aware that her child is very mentally ill..............

There have been absolutely nothing to suggest any long history of mental illness. Just a year ago graduated from university with great success. Why do people insist there is some long history/relapses/non compliance?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...mes-holmes-appear-court-monday-111006043.html

An Arapahoe County District Court judge advised Holmes of his Miranda rights, and that there was probable cause to continue to hold him without bond on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Holmes, who was transported from from a holding cell to the courtroom via an underground tunnel, appeared dazed. His brow furrowed. His head bobbed. His eyes opened and closed often.

His hair was dyed red. His hands and feet were shackled. He did not speak.

Seated in a jury box next public defender Tamara Brady, Holmes never looked in the direction of a gallery that included about two dozen victims and victims advocates.

james-holmes-ap-court.jpg

has anyone else seen the bit where he eyeballed the guard? didn't look out of it then...

Sorry folks IMO after just observing him now -- he may very well (especially if a long psyc history is found) he may indeed be found incompetent to stand trial - there is huge difference between pleading insanity and being incompetent to stand trial

Makes me sad to see him. He looks nothing like the photos shown on tv in the past few days.

Just overwhelming sorrow all around.

As a mom, I feel the same way. I look at him and think, what a waste. Such a smart kid with a promising career that could have done good for the world with his neuroscience research but ends up destroying so many lives.

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Prosecutor says she has no information on whether theater shooting suspect is on medication.

Sorry folks IMO after just observing him now -- he may very well (especially if a long psyc history is found) he may indeed be found incompetent to stand trial - there is huge difference between pleading insanity and being incompetent to stand trial

What long history? Why keep repeating that? The guy just finished college with flying colors and got into competitive PhD program which paid him a stipend. So, what long history could he possibly have?

He didn't look all that different from any student in a morning section after listening to me lecturing about Shakespeare for 45 minutes; i.e., very sleepy.
A little levity is good - that is funny!

At everyone, so perhaps they have sedated him. I would like to know if they did.

UOTE=jjenny;8182061]No. But probably could give him a sedative if he was agitated.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo