*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this may get me flamed to high heavens but i must say it anyway.

my heart bleeds not only for the victims, for the shooters parents, but also for this suspect himself.

i do not believe he is evil. i believe he was ill and bc of his age, he fell through the cracks. my heart just absolutely shatters over this.

not until we care more for each other, and less about the lining of our own pockets, will we ever change this world for the better. gut wrenching. just absolutely gut wrenching.

I agree with you to some degree. I agreed more until the facts about how much planning this attack required were revealed.

He was clearly ill, but (my conjecture only) he didn't fall through any cracks because--given the information we have now--he never came close enough to them to fall through.

Someone of his intelligence most likely found it simple to conceal any inner turmoil he suffered, even from those closest to him, hence the absence (so far) of any acquaintances saying they aren't really surprised he did this.

On the other hand, it seems to me someone of that vast an intelligence should have recognized something was wrong in his head and sought help.
Especially as he--again as far as we know according to media reports--spent months planning the attack.

No simple answers. Just tragic for everyone suffering in the aftermath.

An earlier question still begs an answer- Anyone know anything about this?

scorekeeper
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2011

perhaps this was answered earlier; why did the car have Tennessee plates?

It doesn't. "Tennessee plates" was incorrect.

Fyi, for more accurate updates? Check out Aurora PD's twitter account ( link )

Eta ~ Aurora PD's FB ( link )

Thoughts!!

Makes sense if another person was involved. Is anyone certain it was him in the movie theater to begin with and not his accomplice..(If there really is one) maybe the other person of interest went into the theater and sat down while JH was already suited up outside and ready to come in. His accomplice gets up walks out the exit door and its JH that returns in and not the accomplice. Just seems more logical. Because with all the armour that JH was wearing how long would it take him to suit up. Plus if something happened to his face, didnt anyone notice a red headed guy in the movie theater before the movie started. I think if I would have seen a man with red hair that color I would remember seeing him. Just not a common hair color.
2nd Thought---Where did his funds come from to purchase 6000 rounds of Ammo??
3rd Thought--How long had he been in Colorado before the shooting?

What are the chances that NO ONE knew about some of this other than the killer?

It's a pretty elaborate set up.......

Is it just me?

As of right now, JH's booking info/charges are on the Araphoe (sp?) county sherriff's website-- no mug shot, of course.

The POI has not been listed as booked, so released? Or maybe just not arrested yet.

As of right now, JH's booking info/charges are on the Araphoe (sp?) county sherriff's website-- no mug shot, of course.

The POI has not been listed as booked, so released? Or maybe just not arrested yet.

We have heard released and not involved.

Then someone had to have hacked his IP. I can't imagine he'd be let go if he made the threat, right?

To me, it's almost scarier that way.

Then someone had to have hacked his IP. I can't imagine he'd be let go if he made the threat, right?

To me, it's almost scarier that way.

We really don't know and those darn police aren't telling us.....lol.

We really don't know and those darn police aren't telling us.....lol.

The Way the set up could be in the Apartment . Almost sounds like to me of the Movie SAW.. Where the man made all sorts of booby traps....

SHw8R.png

Reuters

this may get me flamed to high heavens but i must say it anyway.

my heart bleeds not only for the victims, for the shooters parents, but also for this suspect himself.

i do not believe he is evil. i believe he was ill and bc of his age, he fell through the cracks. my heart just absolutely shatters over this.

not until we care more for each other, and less about the lining of our own pockets, will we ever change this world for the better. gut wrenching. just absolutely gut wrenching.

Not sure how I feel about the suspect. I go from feeling sorry for him to anger after I see images of innocent victims whose lives were cut short and their families destroyed because of him.

As for the parents, I wish people would stop blaming the parents everytime there is a horrific tragedy such as this. When it's a dysfunctional family, we blame the parents. When it's a good family with no apparent dysfunction, we still blame the parents.

Nobody is to blame but the murderer himself. He is an adult. I seriously doubt these parents envisioned this ending for their son. Their lives have been destroyed too. How can a son go from helping children at camp 3 years ago to a mass murderer?

Sad all around.

Dark night rises

Shooter injects malicious reality into palace of fantasy

AURORA, COLO. -- The movie house is a mystical place, a secular shrine people visit to leave reality behind.

Not a place where a man has to pile on top of his wife of two weeks to shield her from flying shards of seatbacks. Not a place where a man loses sight of his four-month-old son and flees the room wondering if his family is dead on the floor.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/dark-night-rises-163324336.html

Good article.

This shocks me and perhaps there needs to be some sort of tracking system in place when someone orders an unusual amount of hazardous materials.

Holmes received a high volume of deliveries over the past four months to both his home and work addresses, which police believe begins to explain how he got his hands on some of the materials used in the attack and those found at his apartment, said Aurora Police Chief Daniel Oates.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-21/...ing_1_apartment-grief-counselors-local-police

His guns were apparently purchased legally and my understanding is they do a thorough background check (??) But what about destructive hazardous materials? Anyone can purchase this stuff online without being questioned?

Mind boggling.

They say James Holmes received deliveries by mail that authorities believe armed him for battle and were used to rig his apartment with dozens of bombs.

Meanwhile, a federal law enforcement official provided an updated account about the gunfire inside the theatre, saying that a semi-automatic assault rifle used by the shooter jammed during the attack, forcing him to switch to another weapon.

The official said on Saturday night that the jammed weapon had a high-capacity ammunition magazine.

Police have said that a 100-round drum magazine was recovered at the scene and that such a weapon would be able to fire 50 to 60 rounds a minute.

Holmes received several mail deliveries over four months to his home and school and bought thousands of rounds of ammunition on the internet.

"He had a high volume of deliveries," Oates said, adding that he thought this explained how Holmes got his hands on the magazine, the ammunition and the explosives in his apartment.

"What we're seeing here is evidence of some calculation and deliberation."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...carefully-police/story-e6frf7k6-1226432239194

:thud:

Hi again, fellow sleuths!

My goodness it’s sad we all just got done with Luka and now this. When I saw initial body count, I knew I was going to be addicted to the case.
There was also, IMO, a fantastic initial angle in the just the title of the movie added nuance, for me, to the whole crime.

I am sure this has been addressed at some point but really need feedback on the 1986 comic strip wherein (link below) Batman sees his parents killed while they are in a *advertiser censored* movie.

It happened in the second edition of this strip regarding batman and was ironically titled the same as the movie.

I went nuts and emailed (called CNN!) everyone in electronic media – feel angry that while they all are on air trying to get some “impetus” for his behaviors a comic strip with batman watching his parents, getting killed, in a movie theatre, with villain having red hair, in a comic strip of the same title, you all can call me nuts but – I find that kind of compelling!

Then I realized it’s the weekend – they are running minimal staff, headline talent, and all their producers are gone, so hopefully American electronic media will get rolling on this amazing angle Monday.

I did find the actual part of the comic strip regarding to the movie scene. (Below)
The one report of an adult website with him posting himself with red hair there, and we all get really Freudian for a moment –adult web site= sex= red hair=*advertiser censored* movie=killer red hair in comic strip we can get some pretty intriguing links no?

What actually fascinates me is the parent angle. My gut tells me we will find a very tough/disengaged son/mother/father relationship here.
IMO, we will discover that his mental illness is the source of the conflict. IMO mom a nurse, I would vote there is a lot of marital conflict over how to treat his illness.

I would vote medication noncompliance has been huge source of conflict between the three of them.

IMO, we are not doing SCHZOPHRENIA. IMO, an individual suffering with acute schizophrenia would not have the planning kills needed for execution.
IMO, mom being a nurse will exacerbate this. I also found it stunning that before all hell broke out, at his parents’ house, mom instantly said “You have the right man” and that was all she said. For mothers initial response NOT to be “that cannot be my son” is pretty telling no?

Moreover, there have been no reports, from LE, when arrested, that he was delusional, responding to voices or actively psychotic etc. etc.
Furthermore, his refusal to talk to LE and demanding an attorney instantly, to me, indicates that he was totally oriented to situation.

<modsnip>

I read a crazy piece that he was on same medications as Heath when he died &#8211; I thought that one was absurd.

Money: From where (dad?) did he gets funds for his stuff. I do not know the going rate for 6000 bullets (!) but&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..

Gun control crap here IMO nonsense, there is, statistically, no correlation with MASS MURDER and gun control. Guns and murder/suicide IMO different topic all together.

IMO, Anyone procuring 6000 rounds of ammos 4 guns and more armor that the swat teams is not going to think &#8220;oh no, I may get some jail time if I find an assault rifle on the black market&#8221; ok plan off!
<modsnip>

Additionally, I have not gotten the &#8220;sense&#8221;, from witnesses, that there was actually extremely rapid fire (by that I mean relentless like an assault would do) By that I mean pop-pop-pop as opposed to poppoppop l! Most report rifle No?

Other areas want to hear what you all think &#8211; I found it fascinating, after getting and wearing all the armor that he peacefully surrendered?
I can&#8217;t imagine him being concerned that once he was in the theatre shooting that moviegoers are armed and would shoot at him!

Therefore my only conclusion would be he expected shootout with law enforcement? Was he surprised they got there so quick?

Another angle I liked was his rigged apt &#8211; think about it &#8211; copycat of Norway &#8211; set off distraction (a major one!) and go do your thing?

I am also surprised that surveillance video from the theatre itself has not been released &#8211; I saw camera on corner of building.

Any of you see the picture from the back door with all the blood &#8211; that pic bought it home to me and IMO that was from the child when the cop declared he had child victim at 9. There were pink flaps left at the scene right near the assault rifle.

Granted there was only one work week day for media to work the story fully staffed you know what occurred to me (suddenly!) I think the graduate program is saying nothing because Virginia Tech just got huge issues as a result of Cho. I think they had to pay a huge fine and stuff.

<modsnip>.

I also kind of think as it relates to Virginia Tech , these collage administrators were like ugh let&#8217;s get him out of the program before we get into all the stuff Virginal had to go through with Cho.

Evidently he had paid position so maybe he was starting to miss work. That kind of thing.

Funny (not really but you all know what I mean) heard one report &#8211; regarding tear gas purchase- wherein the sites that sell the stuff give the products reviews. (1-5 stars)

I thought what could that be like, a review on tear gas: I bought WHOLE-LOT-A-TEARS and I was satisfied &#8211; it burned the hell out of everyone I tried it on! SAD.
A review on BURN-BABY-BURN teargas with only two stars; what &#8211; &#8220;I was really dissatisfied with BBB it just did not cause enough agony! Come on world!

We all want to talk about legislation &#8211; if any of you can come up with a nonviolent reason why a citizen would need tear gas for anything other than an evil reason please share! THAT is absurd!

I thought the police chief was terrific &#8211; handled his briefings authentically, knowledgeably and with respect for the media. Another angle I found fascinating was that the media for the first time in ages were respectful (not like &#8220;I will take a question now &#8220;and 45 AMERICAN reporters start screaming).

I make nationality a point here, as an American, because Canadian media during Luka were civilized throughout the manhunt and arrest and that lead guy was charming, honest, forthcoming and helpful also.

Felt very sorry for (witness boyfriend/future husband of young couple with 4 month and 4 year old kids. It is America and if they want to take their kids (yes IMO 4 month old) it is their prerogative.

In light of the events many are saying it was inappropriate to take the 4 month old... Anyone expect to be shot at in a movie prior to last week?
Does the movie (have not seen) got some violence sure &#8211; what a 4 month old bad is going to know violence?

Movie noisy &#8211; sure an airliner flying low makes some noise too &#8211;They did not have money for a babysitter pretty simple. Happens all the time.

My favorite witness has been short haired closely cropped black hair chick - yours?

Any of you heard capacity of theatre 9- would love to know if he picked the biggest auditorium.

Also, in theatre9 action on screen was loud and violent when he started shooting, but in 8, that house was in a quiet scene when he started any &#8211; notions here folks?

Also heard (not a lot of coverage this angle) that a witness claimed that someone opened the door for him- any of you all heard this one?

Also folks from England France Canada etc. what kind of play is this getting in your countries?

I vote in a week, some jokers (pardon pun) will buy some 99 cent smoke bombs, set them off, and cause complete panic and people will get injured in the stampede out and then movie theatres will be armed for two weeks with SWAT teams!

Well guys eagerly look forward to your hunches and will get caught up on the thread now!

Link for 1986 batman angle:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nal-1986-comic-frank-miller-article-1.1118713

Link with interesting pictures of him when younger:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oting-Gunman-James-Holmes-camp-counselor.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela