Votes: 877 91.6%
  • No

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been following this case specifically. I watched it a bit in the beginning, but then lost touch with all the stuff that was going on. Lately, it's come up again, especially since the trial started. I've been reading as much as I could about all the characters, but I'm still unsure of all of them. There are so many.

Some of the characters stump me and I would appreciate if someone could answer for me who they were. Several of these characters are used only by initials.

One of them is LE. Who is that? I cannot find a name for LE anywhere on the computer. Then there are a bunch of boyfriends, who go in and out of the scene and Casey's life. Just like to know who they were and when they were in Casey's life. Thanks, if anyone wants to explain.

LE is Law Enforcement.

Well, even if she killed Caylee, the family helped cover it up for their own selfish purposes IMO, so I say NO, because conspiracy to cover a murder or effect findings still makes others guilty.

I know and understand where you are coming from,,but I think they honestly with all their hearts believed her or wanted to believe her. They could not wrap their heads around the idea that Casey would murder Caylee.
Now it is looking quite different and the reality is sinking in for them.

IN answering the question as to whether or not Casey acted alone or with someone else, my only answer is that it's hard for me to even relate to a mother who would murder her own small child, although I've read about such cases in the news and heard about them on TV. Most however, are solved rather quickly. But there are exceptions, and this is one of them.

Partly, I can't understand why the child was buried so close to the house if someone in that house killed her. It's almost as if her murder was trying to intimidate the family or someone in the family who lived nearby. Casey being one of them, and her family, the others. So, I just don't know. I keep reading on these forums that Cindy and Casey could not get along. But this is not unusual. Lots of moms and daughters of Casey's age don't get along. But what has this to do with the death of Caylee? I just don't see the connection?

If Casey wanted her freedom, why didn't she just leave her child with her parents, who probably would have been glad to care for her, and leave home? Why all the intrigue? Why did she take the child with her if she didn't want to take care of her? It just doesn't add up to me. Certainly the parents would not have harmed that child, nor the brother. They loved her. No reason to. So to me, at least, it had to be someone who really didn't care for the child at all. I don't know who the father was, because I've read a few different names of boyfriends, so it could have been most anyone. Might not even have been one of the boyfriends who was mentioned but just some guy she went to bed with one time. It's quite possible she never even knew his real name. He could have been married. But if Casey found out, and was trying to get money from the guy, that could have been a motive for the father.

Very complicated, and I hope it's solved. What a horror that a lovely little child like that was murdered. I have my doubts it was an accident perpetrated by a member of the Anthony household. Just doesn't make sense. For if it was, that child would not have been buried so close to the Anthony home. It would have been buried far from the house, even from the state so there could be no connection to Casey or the Anthony family, unless the killer was trying to intimidate them and that doesn't make sense either. Something's missing in this case. Maybe if I had followed it from the beginning I would feel differently.

Statistically most children murdered by their parents are buried close to home, it involves "keeping them close". In ICA's case she had an additional reason to do so, gas was $5.00/gallon and she had no money.

If TS Fay hadn't dumped 5 feet of rain on FL between August 18–24, IMO Caylee would have been found much sooner. The lot was still under water in November when someone from the A Camp sent PIs Casey and Hoover to search for her. (Sadly Dep Caine who met RKronk at the dumpsite in August failed to do his job or Caylee would not have been left to the elements for 4 more months.) You're right it was a complicated mess - fueled by ICA's lies and some mistruths by her family.

LE has ICA's phone records, they know exactly who she talked with, texted or communicated with via the computer. There is no mystery man who ICA was hitting up for child support. Besides, wouldn't a DNA test be more simple than murder?

You're right, CA, GA and LA had no reason to harm Caylee, nor do I believe they would have helped ICA cover up her crime or an accident. When accidents happen 100% of the parents involved call 911 - so that leaves one other option, it wasn't an accident. ICA murdered her baby in cold blood. She wrapped THREE pieces of duct tape across her little face, into her hair.

ICA couldn't leave Caylee with CA&GA and just take off, she had no money, she had no job. Caylee was ICA's meal ticket for well over 2 years as ICA stole thousand$ from her parents. When CA finally cut off the gravy train ICA stole from her grandparents and her friend, Amy. With no money coming in from CA, ICA no longer had a reason to let CA have access to Caylee. She proved CA was right when she said ICA was not a fit mother. She even proved herself to be a heartless b!tch.

ICA's grandmother Shirley P said it best; Casey didn't love Caylee as much as she hated Cindy (paraphrased). The killer was trying to intimidate the family, ICA told them she was protecting them (what a martyr!). She was also torturing them by setting possible scenarios when Caylee would be home (by her BDay Aug 9). Only a truly heartless person could do that to people who love her and love her baby girl.

IN answering the question as to whether or not Casey acted alone or with someone else, my only answer is that it's hard for me to even relate to a mother who would murder her own small child, although I've read about such cases in the news and heard about them on TV. Most however, are solved rather quickly. But there are exceptions, and this is one of them.

Partly, I can't understand why the child was buried so close to the house if someone in that house killed her. It's almost as if her murder was trying to intimidate the family or someone in the family who lived nearby. Casey being one of them, and her family, the others. So, I just don't know. I keep reading on these forums that Cindy and Casey could not get along. But this is not unusual. Lots of moms and daughters of Casey's age don't get along. But what has this to do with the death of Caylee? I just don't see the connection?

If Casey wanted her freedom, why didn't she just leave her child with her parents, who probably would have been glad to care for her, and leave home? Why all the intrigue? Why did she take the child with her if she didn't want to take care of her? It just doesn't add up to me. Certainly the parents would not have harmed that child, nor the brother. They loved her. No reason to. So to me, at least, it had to be someone who really didn't care for the child at all. I don't know who the father was, because I've read a few different names of boyfriends, so it could have been most anyone. Might not even have been one of the boyfriends who was mentioned but just some guy she went to bed with one time. It's quite possible she never even knew his real name. He could have been married. But if Casey found out, and was trying to get money from the guy, that could have been a motive for the father.

Very complicated, and I hope it's solved. What a horror that a lovely little child like that was murdered. I have my doubts it was an accident perpetrated by a member of the Anthony household. Just doesn't make sense. For if it was, that child would not have been buried so close to the Anthony home. It would have been buried far from the house, even from the state so there could be no connection to Casey or the Anthony family, unless the killer was trying to intimidate them and that doesn't make sense either. Something's missing in this case. Maybe if I had followed it from the beginning I would feel differently.
Murderous moms and sociopaths don't make any sense to normal people like us. You can't apply normal logic or emotions to them. Also, studies have shown that oftentimes murdering mothers do bury their victims close to home or in bodies of water. Casey even gave that clue, "I feel she's close to home."

definitely 100% ICA alone. She had so many lies and stories going that I'm sure she had a hard time keeping up with them herself, I don't think she'd trust another person to lie for her or keep up these charades. In all these lies and fake people she made up even when faced with someone telling her they know she is lying she still hasn't cracked. Also 3 years is a long time, I think if someone else (even a family member) were involved...it would have come out by now or ICA would have snitched on them before now.

Wow... us "No's" are a distinct minority. At least everyone is civil here.

Yes, she did this all by herself. Everyone else, who knew Caylee, loved her. ( well except for all her sexual partners, who thought she was cute)

I voted " YES" because I want Casey Anthony to face the maximum possible penalty alone.
I do have to concede, however, that it is POSSIBLE that someone helped Casey with chemicals to make Chloroform. She could have told them it was to "Euthanize butterflies" for a collection.. My mother used some sort of strong chemical in the 70's when the practice of collecting and mounting butterfles in a shadow box with some decorative elements was a popular little hobby thing.. I can SORT OF see that happening because I am not sure Casey is smart enough to make ANY chemical compound, Internet step by step directions or not.

Also, I do think cleaning was done to the car at some point by someone who knew how to clean up a crime scene... I think we all know who the likely person to do this would be.. . Perhaps with a totally benign intent. I cannot speak to intent, once again, because of ICA's Psychopathology. If her mouth is moving, she is likely conning or scamming. It is the nature of a sociopath. IMO.

I believe that ICA acted alone. But the thing that always got me was why was her mother so intent on (what I consider) obstruction of justice? I never thought George had anything to do with it.
Celtic, I had the same concerns about Cindy in the beginning. And she was obstructing justice, in many ways. Now, in retrospect, I think if anyone in this whole mess had temporary "insanity" it was Cindy, who loved Caylee with her whole being. When she finally realized that her daughter had done something to Caylee, she went bonkers. Not only had she lost her grandchild, but her daughter was responsible and likely she would lose her too. I also realize now that Cindy probably did love Caylee more than Casey, and that is why she was killed. Casey had given them so much grief, they really did not know how to deal with her, had no control over her, and now she had committed the ultimate crime. Has to be terrorizing. Lord, I'd be out of my mind too.

I think she did it alone but others may have known/helped later. I'm still wondering about "Amy's car"--Has anyone heard anything about whether the car was investigated? I know Tony's car/apt. were, so what about Amy's car which was towed to Tony's apartment complex (seemingly without Tony knowing about it). See this thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72221"]Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Alone.

I think George and Cindy wanted to believe Casey because that meant Caylee could still be alive. I think they have tried to hold on to what is left of their family. I think the jail videos make it very clear that Lee had real suspicions. I see and hear absolutely nothing in those tapes to indicate that Casey and George know something that Cindy does not. Why would she sit in jail and let George go free if he was responsible? Even if she was a victim of incest (which I do not for one minute believe) why would JB let her sit in jail if he BELIEVES the death was an accident and George was the one who covered it up and poor Casey just went along because on sexual abuse? It's laughable. And I don't think Casey would let anyone outside the family know that she was capable of murdering her child.

As to why George and Cindy might have been so willing to believe that she is not a murderer, the whole business with the phantom job is very telling. How could Casey create the illusion that she has a job when she is making no money? I can absolutely tell you that my husband and I
knew every day that his adult son (not living at home) was out of work. They had grown totally accustomed to believing all the bull she slings. As Diane Dimond said on one of the shows the other day, they are getting a terrible wake-up call. So--I don't think they tried to cover anything
up. I think they were just believing what they needed to believe to try to save their daughter and their fsmily. It was all Casey.

Who do you think may have helped?

I still have a lot of questions about what happened. She doesn't need to have had help with the act, but it seems like people contributed to the coverup.

The hair in the truck makes me think Caylee was in the truck w/o being bagged, which suggests the death occurred away from the Anthony home. Then Casey comes home with Caylee in the trunk and backs into the garage where she is then bagged. And wouldn't she be dumped during the night when it'd be hard to see what she was doing? I imagine the body would be very heavy and awkward to handle and would take a bit of time to place. Not implying she had help, just wondering about the sequence of events....

Wondering:
What did Casey do all day June 15? Why didn't she go to visit her grandparents too?
What was her 80 minute conversation with Tony about that night? Have we ever learned this?
http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days-061508.htm
Was he breaking up with her? Was Caylee seen to be the reason?

And then, I wonder if Cindy first started her “getting custody” talk in March, when all the Internet searches began. And WHAT was the content of that fight which Rick P and Lee have spoken of between Cindy/Casey on the 15th?
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5470183/Casey-Anthony-Rick-Plesea-Interview-(Uncle)

As far as “helpers,” seemed to me like Lee or Tony might have put the “virus” on Casey’s computer before turning it in to LE. Lee admits he asked her for all her passwords before going to retrieve the computer. Lee says all Casey’s papers had been looked at and reorganized and just didn’t look like she’d put them that way:

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...thony/1/lg/DOC_20080923141138_000_Page_19.htm

I don’t know if this is true but GA’s “gf” is claiming that she fits the description of the nanny. Others are saying that he went out and found a gf to fit that description to maybe set her up later. I also wondered if she was trying to set up Jesse.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgucMqOm5FY"]YouTube - ‪(Pt- 1) "SPONGE" GEORGE [Anthony] frames girlfriend for caylee's murder‬‏[/ame]

I’m also feeling unsettled about no one knowing something was up. Not Amy, not Tony, not Ricardo, not Jesse, not her parents (who have gotten her out of just about every mess before). Seems like Casey would have confided something in someone ???? Especially if any of those accounts of her babbling on to other inmates were true (maybe they weren’t). She tells Jesse she’ll tell him more about another topic when she’s drunk—well, didn’t she get drunk quite a few times during these 30 days? And, while we’re on the topic, why did Jesse resign from his police job on June 24?

Also under the category of “helpers”, I’d put the parents (GA and CA) (although, I do feel really bad that they lost their precious granddaughter whom it’s CLEAR they adored). None of the Anthonys were willing to take a lie detector test and CA back pedaled from “smells like a dead body” to “smells like old pizza.” CA washed items and cleaned the car (when she knew at that point something was really wrong or she wouldn’t have called Amy and ran to TL’s.) Amy, when asked if Casey had ever used packing supplies like duct tape said “no” to LE, when it has been reported that she posted a Myspace or Facebook msg. to Casey saying “you lost my duct tape.”

It just seems to me that people have not exactly been tripping over themselves to tell LE what happened. However, it’s probably instinctual to protect friends/family. Most people are going to be more loyal to friends/family than to “the State.” It’s very hard to say what one would do if they found themselves in this situation (not Casey’s but her family’s situation—in Casey’s, I think most would NOT do what she did—whether that is killing or not reporting). Very hard to help LE when you also want to protect your own daughter. Part of the issue in this case is that there is no legal – non-Casey connected—advocate for Caylee. For example, if Caylee’s dad were in the picture, he might be more forthcoming with LE.
Just tons of unanswered questions and secrets.

As far as “helpers,” seemed to me like Lee or Tony might have put the “virus” on Casey’s computer before turning it in to LE. Lee admits he asked her for all her passwords before going to retrieve the computer. Lee says all Casey’s papers had been looked at and reorganized and just didn’t look like she’d put them that way:

Respectfully snipped to save space. There wasn't a virus on the laptop. Lee testified that the "blue screen" had a message that the laptop had not been shut down correctly. That is a very specific type of screen that will come up at various times: If you just hit the off button on your computer, then you turn it back on, you may get that screen. If you just unplug you computer from the wall (without properly shutting down first), you may get that screen (when the comp is turned back on). If your electricity goes off for a bit, then you turn the computer back on, you may get that screen. I, personally, have gotten it most often when the electricity has went off for a bit during a storm. It is not a serious system error. It is just letting you know that you may need to do a disk scan. Sometimes, the computer will automatically do a scan of the disk drive. I've had this screen come up tons of time on my computer (the wiring is really bad in my house) and most of the time everything is fine, otherwise, things are easily corrected by running a disk scan. As for the deleted files, they had to have been manually deleted by ICA or Lee, IMO.

IMO, what happened is that ICA just turned the computer off using the "off" button instead of shutting it down properly, when Amy and Cindy showed up. It's quicker to just hit a button, than to shut a computer/laptop down properly.

I just don't know if she acted alone. I wish I did.

1. CA made a comment that ICA had to have help and couldn't have acted alone.

2. There seems to be some confusion about AH wrecked car.

3. The Brackenwood house still bothers me.

imho there's zero doubt casey acted alone given there's been nary a hint that she ever confided in anyone, about anything that was truly going on in her life. everyone believed she worked at universal, everyone thought she had a nanny. had just one of her friends that came forward said something like "i knew casey didn't work at universal, she just said she did to fool her mom, she bragged about it" or "the nanny thing was a cover, always was, she thought it was pretty clever" then i might entertain the notion.

or if lee said something like "casey would often ask me to look after caylee, and not tell mom, we were close and i knew how much my mom was getting on her case, so i had no problem covering for her, we used to cover for each other all of the time when we were younger." but nothing like this has ever surfaced afaik, nothing has ever pointed to her trusting anyone enough to take into her confidence, and for good reason imo.

image was everything to casey, what her friends thought about her was everything to her. and this is why she could never tell anyone about her nefarious plans, and why she couldn't simply let her parents raise casey. in i always thought that one of her texts to lazarro on the night shat hit the fan was enormously telling. "What was i supposed to say? I trust my daughter with some psycho. How does that look?"

Of course she acted alone.

It is very rare for a mother to kill her child. When it happens, it is despicable.

Have you ever heard of a single case, when a mother killed her child/children... that she had help? Name one.

Absolutely not. It is abhorrent. Who would help such a one? Another psychopath that she just happens to have in her life?

This is why the George theory will not fly. He may have flaws, but he is not a psychopath. I mean, how many psychopaths can one family have? He has a conscious and would have done anything to protect/save his very own granddaughter (just like he is trying to save ICA...it is just an innate thing for any 'normal' parent).

There needs to be a few more answers why the car wasn't full of fly evidence under the trunk liner and how she got any decomp fluids out of that stain. There may be a good explanation, but I don't see how it stayed free of evidence unless Caylee was inside a plastic tote or some container. Even then, I think there should have been more maggots and flies. The Anthony's didn't have enough time to clean it that thoroughly after the tow yard, but Casey could have conned someone into helping her get the trunk clean. I don't think anyone knowingly helped try to cover up Caylee being missing or deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee