• No, I believe her

Votes: 108 15.4%
  • Not sure, on the fence

Votes: 365 52.0%
  • Dad and Mom together

Votes: 24 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was put off by the large cross around her neck in the MK interview on Fox. It reminded me of the huge rosary KC wore around her neck in the early days of the investigation. Like a prop. The bigger the cross the bigger the lie, IMO. People that wear crosses tend to wear them always and they aren't massive in size. It bothers me. JMO of course.

Speaking for myself, I think this is a load of bunk. I think it's pop-psychology that's been popularised in books and TV, but I've not seen any peer-reviewed study that supports it. Not one. As a matter of fact, everything I've read seems to debunk it. From my own studies the eyes have 3 zones, upper left or right is processing visually. When the eyes move to the lower zone, the person is processing feelings. When in the middle zone, the person is processing sound. And not everyone conforms to even that model. In other words, there's not a one size fits all. I often look to the left when answering a question, because I'm reconstructing. That's how I remember things, by reconstructing events.

The only real way to tell if someone is lying is if they tell you, or you catch them in a lie.

IMO

No truth to the idea people lying have trouble making eye contact in general with the person being lied to? I can't tell you how many convicted murderers I've seen on TV who close their eyes while denying killing a victim, or otherwise avoiding eye contact, and it's at the precise moment the convict is answering. DB was doing that with Megyn on Fox.

I have heard, though, that psychopaths have no problems lying to a person's face.

Does anyone know why DB didn't have a driver's license? I saw somewhere that her license was suspended, but that may not be accurate. It's not like she's an urban dweller & doesn't need to drive...

Also, did the neighbor she was drinking wine with actually see Lisa? What time did she come over?

I have been reading through threads but did not find this specific info yet and there are too many threads to read them all!

Does anyone know why DB didn't have a driver's license? I saw somewhere that her license was suspended, but that may not be accurate. It's not like she's an urban dweller & doesn't need to drive...

Also, did the neighbor she was drinking wine with actually see Lisa? What time did she come over?

I have been reading through threads but did not find this specific info yet and there are too many threads to read them all!

If she drinks, she may have lost her license at some point.

I don't trust anyone who drinks wine from a box...
If I learn she was drinking White Zinfandel from a box; I'll be convinced she killed her child...

I did not get my DL until I was ~25 because among other things I had been in a horrific car accident as a teenager (as a passenger) and I had a phobia about it. Sometimes people don't get them until later in life, or not at all.

I think if DB had lost her license at some point due to DUI, there would be a public record of that fact.

I don't trust anyone who drinks wine from a box...
If I learn she was drinking White Zinfandel from a box; I'll be convinced she killed her child...

Even more so if she calls it "Zin!" :floorlaugh:

Hastings, I do not want to laugh, but my husband has a shirt that says "friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel."

Not all box wines are cheap--in fact, this is being hailed by some as a 'greener' alternative to bottles.

Even more so if she calls it "Zin!" :floorlaugh:

Exactly Tuffy! That should be Franzia White Zin's new ad campaign "For parking lot prostitutes, child murderers and hot tub loving weathermen; Franzia White Zin for all your 'What did I just do?' moments..."

[Please note the sarcasm]

I hope LE isn't botching this investigation...If mom was feeling guilty for being drunk while a stranger came into their house and took Lisa, I can see where this would explain her not fessing up right away. Could explain the time change also, if she blacks out. Seems LE should have started off slower and waited for enough evidence before going after mom. This would also explain the parents not wanting the two boys to be questioned by LE. I see this situation turning into a mess..only thing missing is the lynch mob! Hopefully LE is still searching for the homeless guy that seemed to disappear the same time Lisa did. Neighbors reported seeing a man walking down a street with a baby in his arms at 12:00 am. If LE is putting all their eggs in one basket...their in big trouble...report of sighting yesterday...debunked.....jmo

Hastings, I do not want to laugh, but my husband has a shirt that says "friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel."

Not all box wines are cheap--in fact, this is being hailed by some as a 'greener' alternative to bottles.

Btw, I also find her brother suspect as he allowed her to buy wine in a box (she looked so happy waddling down the aisle with that silly goose grin on her face) and may or may not have drank it with her... If I were LE, I'd like to get a look at his hard drive...

Speaking for myself, I think this is a load of bunk. I think it's pop-psychology that's been popularised in books and TV, but I've not seen any peer-reviewed study that supports it. Not one. As a matter of fact, everything I've read seems to debunk it. From my own studies the eyes have 3 zones, upper left or right is processing visually. When the eyes move to the lower zone, the person is processing feelings. When in the middle zone, the person is processing sound. And not everyone conforms to even that model. In other words, there's not a one size fits all. I often look to the left when answering a question, because I'm reconstructing. That's how I remember things, by reconstructing events.

The only real way to tell if someone is lying is if they tell you, or you catch them in a lie.

IMO

Great Post!

Nothing in life is EVER black or white...lots of gray areas. I try to use any and all information available to form an opinion...my mind is wide open. I found your post very informative...Thanks!.....:seeya: jmo

I hope LE isn't botching this investigation...If mom was feeling guilty for being drunk while a stranger came into their house and took Lisa, I can see where this would explain her not fessing up right away. Could explain the time change also, if she blacks out. Seems LE should have started off slower and waited for enough evidence before going after mom. This would also explain the parents not wanting the two boys to be questioned by LE. I see this situation turning into a mess..only thing missing is the lynch mob! Hopefully LE is still searching for the homeless guy that seemed to disappear the same time Lisa did. Neighbors reported seeing a man walking down a street with a baby in his arms at 12:00 am. If LE is putting all their eggs in one basket...their in big trouble...report of sighting yesterday...debunked.....jmo

They already found "the homeless man" and say he had nothing to do with any of it.

Great Post!

Nothing in life is EVER black or white...lots of gray areas. I try to use any and all information available to form an opinion...my mind is wide open. I found your post very informative...Thanks!.....:seeya: jmo
Thanks, but I hope you don't think I was trying to "school" you or prove you wrong or anything like that. We all have our own opinions and experiences. What I think is bunk may work well for you in sussing out liars.

I mean, no peer review supports the existence of God, yet I still believe. I'm just saying that like you nicely stated, it's not black and white.

:)

No truth to the idea people lying have trouble making eye contact in general with the person being lied to? I can't tell you how many convicted murderers I've seen on TV who close their eyes while denying killing a victim, or otherwise avoiding eye contact, and it's at the precise moment the convict is answering. DB was doing that with Megyn on Fox.

I have heard, though, that psychopaths have no problems lying to a person's face.
There probably is truth to that.

My post which you're responding to didn't mention that at all, so I'm unclear why this particular post is addressed to me, as I gave no opinion on that whatsoever.

There probably is truth to that.

My post which you're responding to didn't mention that at all, so I'm unclear why this particular post is addressed to me, as I gave no opinion on that whatsoever.

Your post involved the eyes of people who may be lying. Is my response really so far off topic? I wasn't attacking your belief in any way, just asking what you thought about eye contact in general. Sheesh.

Your post involved the eyes of people who may be lying. Is my response really so far off topic? I wasn't attacking your belief in any way, just asking what you thought about eye contact in general. Sheesh.
Please accept my apology. I'm so sorry!! I've been here for hours on end, and I misread your post. I'm now making a mental note to read all posts twice before pulling the trigger.

Anyway...

The reason people typically close their eyes, or look away when lying is because on some level, they feel shame.

Psychopaths will look you dead in the eyes and lie, because they don't feel shame at all. Or believe they've done anything wrong, even if it's killing over 30 coeds.

IMO

I don't understand how people can be so sure she did it and yet there is absolutely no evidence that she did anything. If there was she would be locked up. All speculation and no proof but every one is sure she is guilty. I am amazed.

I have known liars that will look right at you and lie, and some that will look away.. usually looking up is more of a sign of lying than looking down. But still, Speculation only..

Do I think this is the Mother of the year? No, But still she did not deserve to have her child stolen and be treated like a criminal from day one. I get that people are so jaded after Susan Smith and Casey Anthony.. But She is not them. Let's just look for Lisa first and wait until there is some proof before we convict someone.

I don't understand how people can be so sure she did it and yet there is absolutely no evidence that she did anything. If there was she would be locked up. All speculation and no proof but every one is sure she is guilty. I am amazed.

I have known liars that will look right at you and lie, and some that will look away.. usually looking up is more of a sign of lying than looking down. But still, Speculation only..

Do I think this is the Mother of the year? No, But still she did not deserve to have her child stolen and be treated like a criminal from day one. I get that people are so jaded after Susan Smith and Casey Anthony.. But She is not them. Let's just look for Lisa first and wait until there is some proof before we convict someone.
Not everyone thinks DB is guilty. Many of us are on the fence.

While it was utterly dumb and disgraceful for her to be plastered and not remember the last time she saw Lisa, and I find that repulsive - I have to think of the other side of it, too: that doesn't mean she harmed Lisa, and it could have been the first time in months she got plastered (she said she has adult time 3-4 times a week, but that doesn't mean she gets drunk those nights); she comes across to me as naive and a bit childish (I mean that literally, not negatively), because she just puts everything out there to the media, says whatever comes to mind, without regard for how she comes across: defiant and a know-it-all, like a teenager. Her lawyer should tell her to stop talking with the media about herself, keep the focus on Lisa, hold up her photo, etc.

I am not going to say DB is guilty until there's actual evidence of it. I feel with Casey Anthony, it was a no-brainer. But in this case, it is possible that a "perfect storm", a collection of "just happened to's" created the perfect time for someone to kidnap Lisa. It would have been so easy that night.

As unlikely as the kidnapping scenario may seem, sometimes the most unlikely turns out to be true.

IMO

Dr. Drew is supposedly going to implicate others on his show tonight because he believes he checked the timeline and decided there wasn't time for Deborah to do "this".
:long annoyed sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back