Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM) My apology if its already been discussed. I don't recall any information regarding the bolded comment. That statement is false. Please advise someone.
The apparent suicidal death of
the supervising caregiver two days after the incident, combined with the inconsistencies
in her verbal reports about the incident; her comment to her sister that "Dina's going to
kill me
;" her knowledge of where Max fell when she spoke to Dina's sister Nina; and the
multiple planes of injury on the child's body all support Rebecca Zahau's direct
involvement.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/aug/06/shacknais-mom-says-sons-death-possible-homicide/
http://media.utsandiego.com/news/documents/2012/08/06/Dr.Melinek_Report.txt

Is this a quote from the links you posted, who is saying this? Is this your opinion or someone else's?

First of all, IMO, to even go forward, it begins with JS and his whereabouts when Max’s accident happened on the morning of July 11, 2011, before 10:20 a.m. I only recall hearsay, but nothing that substantially proves where he was before the 911 call was made. I think this question is very important and one that needs to be clearly addressed before this case will ever be resolved in the public's eye. JS’s whereabouts the evening/early morning Rebecca died need to be fully revealed as well.

In regard to Max’s death, I don’t know these people from Adam (no pun intended), don’t know what kind of relationship they had with their kids, don’t know anything about them period, but the following questions still linger in my mind to this day: Is it possible JS himself could have hurt Max before leaving the house? Is it possible RZ and/or XZ could have been witnesses to that tragedy and was covering for JS -- as he might have threatened and evoked fear into them that in turn could somewhat explain RZ’s alleged strange behavior, as reported by Nina, along with her reluctance to discuss Max’s accident, and only replying “He fell from the bedroom”. Is it possible RZ felt she had no other alternative than to “lie” and re-create the scene in order not to incriminate JS if she knew he was involved?

On the other hand, is it possible RZ/XZ could have discovered Max’s lifeless body laying on the floor without any knowledge of how he got there or how long he had been laying there? Is it possible RZ could have suspected JS herself but was afraid of saying anything? Everyone thinks RZ was supposed to be caring for Max when the accident occurred. But how does anyone know that? For all we know, she could have been in the backyard raking leaves, thinking JS was looking after him. So who’s to say SHE was supposed to be in charge when it happened? So she’s dead and so the blame is on her? I hope any suspicion of JS’s involvement with Max’s death (and Rebecca’s) was fully investigated and his whereabouts truly accounted for. To this day, I only recall the police saying “we know where Jonah was”. Why not tell then? What’s the secret? Only their word?

Was it a coincidence or convenience that Adam--the tugboat guy—the one who can tie those elaborate knots—just so happened to be on the premises the day Rebecca was found hanging? Has anyone ever thought that Jonah might be able to tie those elaborate knots too?—after all, he owns a yacht and ALL sailors know about that stuff. Was Adam used as scapegoat? Just another curious thought of mine.:newhere:

Wasn't the door that was painted, where the paintbrush and knives were found, where the rope was tied on the bed INSIDE? And wasn't the entire house searched for evidence/ signs of forced entry?

As far as the phone call, one can only speculate, but if I call someone's cell phone I always leave a voice mail rather than hanging up, which I consider rude because the number will be shown as a missed call.

There was no forced entry, JS had his own set of keys. And the voice mail? JS is clever... if he did leave a VM, he is the one who retrieved it from her phone and deleted it from her phone. Seems LE bought into it, didn't they? Seems JS led them around like puppets. How pathetic.

Jonah was in love with Ms. Zahau - he probably doesn't really want to know the truth...its easier for him for believe Max's death was an accident.

But if I was Dina, and I thought someone had killed my child, I'd be throwing daggers too - dead or not dead.

Rebecca's mother believes someone killed her child. So you agree if she wanted to throw daggers she has the same right and the same right to ask for an independent investigation just like Dina has for Maxie?

BBM

Rebecca's mother absolutely has that right. It is her responsibility. She also exhibits so much dignity while doing so. I don't hear her trashing others.

Max's mother...well not so much. IMO.

First of all, IMO, to even go forward, it begins with JS and his whereabouts when Max’s accident happened on the morning of July 11, 2011, before 10:20 a.m. I only recall hearsay, but nothing that substantially proves where he was before the 911 call was made. I think this question is very important and one that needs to be clearly addressed before this case will ever be resolved in the public's eye. JS’s whereabouts the evening/early morning Rebecca died need to be fully revealed as well.

In regard to Max’s death, I don’t know these people from Adam (no pun intended), don’t know what kind of relationship they had with their kids, don’t know anything about them period, but the following questions still linger in my mind to this day: Is it possible JS himself could have hurt Max before leaving the house? Is it possible RZ and/or XZ could have been witnesses to that tragedy and was covering for JS -- as he might have threatened and evoked fear into them that in turn could somewhat explain RZ’s alleged strange behavior, as reported by Nina, along with her reluctance to discuss Max’s accident, and only replying “He fell from the bedroom”. Is it possible RZ felt she had no other alternative than to “lie” and re-create the scene in order not to incriminate JS if she knew he was involved?

On the other hand, is it possible RZ/XZ could have discovered Max’s lifeless body laying on the floor without any knowledge of how he got there or how long he had been laying there? Is it possible RZ could have suspected JS herself but was afraid of saying anything? Everyone thinks RZ was supposed to be caring for Max when the accident occurred. But how does anyone know that? For all we know, she could have been in the backyard raking leaves, thinking JS was looking after him. So who’s to say SHE was supposed to be in charge when it happened? So she’s dead and so the blame is on her? I hope any suspicion of JS’s involvement with Max’s death (and Rebecca’s) was fully investigated and his whereabouts truly accounted for. To this day, I only recall the police saying “we know where Jonah was”. Why not tell then? What’s the secret? Only their word?

Exactly, it appears, like in many instances in this tragedy, that LE drilled down only as far as needed to fulfill an expected outcome necessary to close the case.

The only person who could "make" RZ pick up his ex sister in law from the airport would be JS. Why was RZ being used as a car service for Dina's family? Only one person could ask that of her.

To me, this is revealing of the new dynamic between them.

I would imagine Rebecca, being as she was (a caring and helping person), offered to pick up the slack where-ever and however need be. I doubt very much she needed prodding.

Was it a coincidence or convenience that Adam--the tugboat guy—the one who can tie those elaborate knots—just so happened to be on the premises the day Rebecca was found hanging? Has anyone ever thought that Jonah might be able to tie those elaborate knots too?—after all, he owns a yacht and ALL sailors know about that stuff. Was Adam used as scapegoat? Just another curious thought of mine.:newhere:

Just do the basic scenario "math":
[
  • Adam was presumably watching *advertiser censored* on his cell all night
  • Adam was staying in guest house
  • Adam worked on a tugboat
  • Jonah had a boat in Glorietta bay - a short walk away
  • there was *advertiser censored* apparently on a computer in the main house (some will say since it was Rebecca's computer then she must have been looking at *advertiser censored* - ha - how many families complain about family members using their computer!)
  • Rebecca was tied up with complex knots with boat cord - even if she was into bondage this seems a little over the top
  • Adam hears nothing - for those of you that havent visited or live on Coronado - you can hear the neighbor cough!
  • Nina states she was at the mansion, calls Rebecca, but doesnt call Adam when she cant reach Rebecca knowing Adam is staying at house without a car - why would she not think that possibly Adam and Rebecca may be taking a walk, over at the Dell, or getting Starbucks?
  • Late night witness apparently see's Dina, not Nina, at house around the time Nina say's the she was their - these two maybe twins but do not look alike at all
  • LE makes determination that Dina has an alibi because of where they triangulate her cell - duh...what if she left her phone and someone used it to call and say "hey you left your phone here!"
[/LIST]

Just too weird!!!!!

There was no forced entry, JS had his own set of keys. And the voice mail? JS is clever... if he did leave a VM, he is the one who retrieved it from her phone and deleted it from her phone. Seems LE bought into it, didn't they? Seems JS led them around like puppets. How pathetic.

Or perhaps the Sisters Romano were there with Rebecca when said call took place? Being incapacitated, Rebecca was unable to take the call. We know Nina Romano had her grimy fingers/hands all over Rebecca's phone (remember the lame story she gave?)

And when the Sisters Romano were finished with Rebecca one of them...most likely Nina...deleted it.

Perhaps the message from Jonah was a message warning Rebecca the Sisters Romano were no where to be found and may be going after her?

Did RZ give a statement...a detailed one...as to just what she heard and saw prior to finding Max? How far was this downstairs bath from the Hall?

There must have been a terrific crash. Where was her sister when RZ entered the hall and found Max? Was she upstairs in the Bathroom and then ran out...or in the upstairs hall...where?

Was Max"s death just accepted as an accident on RZ's word?

On another thread, it says he was sent to clean his room. Was he refusing to listen and someone tried to carry him, protesting, to do as he was told?

There are so many ways to speculate on both these deaths. But RZ was the prime witness to Max's death...and without her, the family is left with dueling experts. The same thing applies to RZ's death.

One could even speculate that RZ planned an elaborate suicide to distract from Max's impending death for her own loving reasons.

I fear this case will also be clouded by speculation and tainted by unresolved accusation.

Rebecca's mother believes someone killed her child. So you agree if she wanted to throw daggers she has the same right and the same right to ask for an independent investigation just like Dina has for Maxie?

afaik, Dina has not asked for an independent investigation, she's just asked the same LE to re-open the case and they have publicly said they are examining the materials recently submitted. That's a huge contrast from what happened with RZ's family. I don't believe there is anywhere near the degree of hostility between Dina and LE as there is between RZ's family and LE.

I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is for filing a wrongful death action. Many states it is two years so I'm anticipating such a filing is the next step.

JMO

You're correct. DR has not asked for an independent investigation.

She paid for one to be done. And then gave the results of the so-called investigation to LE while asking for Maxie's case to be reopened.

It's ludicrous to think LE would reopen Maxie's case based solely on a report that cites a magazine article, an internet message board and Wiki.

in fairness, there is much more to the report than that.

And each of these grieving families has a right to try to get answers. No one is more "entitled" than the other or more sympathethic than the other.

You're correct. DR has not asked for an independent investigation.

She paid for one to be done. And then gave the results of the so-called investigation to LE while asking for Maxie's case to be reopened.

It's ludicrous to think LE would reopen Maxie's case based solely on a report that cites a magazine article, an internet message board and Wiki.

It is ludicrous but I haven't seen any indication that Dina or anyone else thinks LE would reopen Max's case based solely on a report. Dina hired two respected experts to look into the death of her child. LE certainly haven't denounced the experts or their reports.

Many families hire their own investigators prior to filing a wrongful death action, which she can file without LE re-opening their investigation into Max's death.

JMO

And each of these grieving families has a right to try to get answers. No one is more "entitled" than the other or more sympathethic than the other.

I agree.

Yes there is alot in there. Good stuff. Too bad it's all tainted with the sources cited.

Has anyone posted one family is more "entitled" than the other? I think the general consensus is a reopening of BOTH cases.

Did RZ give a statement...a detailed one...as to just what she heard and saw prior to finding Max? How far was this downstairs bath from the Hall?

There must have been a terrific crash. Where was her sister when RZ entered the hall and found Max? Was she upstairs in the Bathroom and then ran out...or in the upstairs hall...where?

Was Max"s death just accepted as an accident on RZ's word?

On another thread, it says he was sent to clean his room. Was he refusing to listen and someone tried to carry him, protesting, to do as he was told?

There are so many ways to speculate on both these deaths. But RZ was the prime witness to Max's death...and without her, the family is left with dueling experts. The same thing applies to RZ's death.

One could even speculate that RZ planned an elaborate suicide to distract from Max's impending death for her own loving reasons.

I fear this case will also be clouded by speculation and tainted by unresolved accusation.

The best way to answer remaining questions is to follow the lead of RZ's family's attorney - ask the California AG for a new investigation of both cases. The AG's office has the ability and funding needed to retain unbiased professionals to review both cases.

Even with an independent investigation, there are still questions that will remain unanswered. Rebecca is deceased and mountains of evidence were destroyed when JS emptied and closed the Spreckel's mansion and began extensive remodeling there.

Yes there is alot in there. Good stuff. Too bad it's all tainted with the sources cited.

Has anyone posted one family is more "entitled" than the other? I think the general consensus is a reopening of BOTH cases.

It wouldn't make any sense to re-open both cases. LE did initially investigate RZ's case as a murder and now seems confident that RZ committed suicide and the trigger for it was Max's horrific condition. Suicide fits with the circumstances, especially if Max's condition was her fault. Dina mentioned her fears about his safety while with RZ and her fears seem to be justified in the most awful way.

JMO

It wouldn't make any sense to re-open both cases. LE did initially investigate RZ's case as a murder and now seems confident that RZ committed suicide and the trigger for it was Max's horrific condition. Suicide fits with the circumstances, especially if Max's condition was her fault. Dina mentioned her fears about his safety while with RZ and her fears seem to be justified in the most awful way.

JMO

Numerous experts and the general public disagree. There were many problems, inconsistencies and possible errors made during the first investigation. It needs to be re-investigated.

Numerous experts and the general public disagree. There were many problems, inconsistencies and possible errors made during the first investigation. It needs to be re-investigated.

Unfortunately, neither the local LE nor AG agrees that it should be re-investigated. It's their call. Voters can always cast them out of office if they don't like the decisions being made.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member