Discuss..Description of PI video by legal analyst

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But Shaeffer never said that the video looked odd. It would show constant stop/start or the appearance of being shoved into a pocket.

The video being shoved into a pocket, if the camera was still on, would be the camera DC knew about and would have taken the footage home that day. Shaeffer wouldn't see that. He'd only see JH's footage he shot from his second camera.

In the hearings thread, sleuther's could hear a discussion going on while the judge stepped out of the room. IIRC, someone (the SA's?) said DC was caught in a lie and thought the videos were destroyed. That DC didn't know hoover had a second camera. That's why DC was initially so smug and threatening to sue JH. DC was conned by a con. ha!

IMO, when DC wasn't looking. Hoover put one camera in his pocket and pulled out another one and filmed the ten minute video he has.
Yes it sounds like by the time they went to this scene Hoover had put 2 & 2 together and wanted to either cover his ars or have a second video to sell. He wasn't drinking the kool-aid anymore.
He was aware of the tip that someone had seen her car in that spot in June. and had in fact already tipped Tim M to that, then d. casey tells him he knows where the body is. at this point I think he decided to cover his behind.

But Shaeffer never said that the video looked odd. It would show constant stop/start or the appearance of being shoved into a pocket.
why would the video look odd? I'm a photographer and use video alot. very often I switch cameras and of course stop recording and turn off when I switch. it's normal to start and stop with video. furthermore, if D casey was busy digging and probing it would be easy to turn away for a second and switch camera without him noticing.

Ok, just to play the devils advocate here. If Lee gave him this lead and approached the whole thing like he was not sure but possibily her body could be out there in this location, blah, blah. When D Casey went and repeatedly searched and came up with nothing, perhaps he really believed that this was a false lead. Wasn't it the next day that the mall lead came in?

Still, why not call LE? And DC searched numerous times out there more than the two days JH talks about. The search was too detailed to not have specific info.

The video being shoved into a pocket, if the camera was still on, would be the camera DC knew about and would have taken the footage home that day. Shaeffer wouldn't see that. He'd only see JH's footage he shot from his second camera.

So DC takes the footage home that same day (thinking it's an original from one camera) but never watches it? If he had watched it, he would see it only showed something like 30 seconds and none of the digging?

Okay, past Oct. 1 DC allegedly worked for the A family exclusively? Then if he had knowledge that Caylee was deceased by the date of the video (in NOVEMBER), then I can perhaps assume the A family did as well because he would have been working for THEM on that date, taking THEIR direction, and reporting back to THEM, right?

Hoover was not working *for* anyone, right? I'm trying to understand who worked for whom and when.

If DC is a typical PI, then his clients do not necessarily know everything he does. That's the way they often work. He should be giving them reports periodically, but he does not have to tell them every detail he knows. There is no priviledge between PI's and their clients as there is between attornies and their clients.
As to the question about whether Baez told him something that Casey told him, then Baez violated the A/C priviledge, unless Casey gave him authorization to tell the PI. Why would she do that? It makes more sense that she would NOT want Caylee's body found. So if she told Baez, then I assume he told this PI without her permission.

So DC takes the footage home that same day (thinking it's an original from one camera) but never watches it? If he had watched it, he would see it only showed something like 30 seconds and none of the digging?

JH only has a ten minute video out of two days shot.

why would the video look odd? I'm a photographer and use video alot. very often I switch cameras and of course stop recording and turn off when I switch. it's normal to start and stop with video. furthermore, if D casey was busy digging and probing it would be easy to turn away for a second and switch camera without him noticing.

I thought it would look odd to Shaeffer because it would not be continuous shooting. I actually misunderstood SuziQ's claim. The first camera was shoved into a pocket after 30 seconds and was never pulled out again for shooting after that. I think that is the claim now.

If DC is a typical PI, then his clients do not necessarily know everything he does. That's the way they often work. He should be giving them reports periodically, but he does not have to tell them every detail he knows. There is no priviledge between PI's and their clients as there is between attornies and their clients.
As to the question about whether Baez told him something that Casey told him, then Baez violated the A/C priviledge, unless Casey gave him authorization to tell the PI. Why would she do that? It makes more sense that she would NOT want Caylee's body found. So if she told Baez, then I assume he told this PI without her permission.

Yes! Which is why JB was so worried about LE questioning DC. IMO, JB can't admit he rehired DC to search that spot and use attorney client priviledge, because that would be too damning and JB would have too many questions to answer.

Still, why not call LE? And DC searched numerous times out there more than the two days JH talks about. The search was too detailed to not have specific info.
I agree he had specific info, but when he never found anything maybe discarded the legimitacy of it?

I thought it would look odd to Shaeffer because it would not be continuous shooting. I actually misunderstood SuziQ's claim. The first camera was shoved into a pocket after 30 seconds and was never pulled out again for shooting after that. I think that is the claim now.

I never said anything about 30 seconds. They could have been out there half an hour, JH films 10 minutes with the second camera. Then films the next few hours with the first camera. I have no idea the timeframe. Obviously it was done in a way that DC never caught.

Hotdog, how do we know there were only 30 seconds on the other video? where did I miss that?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." This is all so typical of how things go in this case, with so much notoriety. Too many of the players don't think of truth as the first option. I think the information has to have originated with Totmom. I can only speculate the pathway after that - attorney, family, ?- or who wanted this searching done and why. By the time it happened, we could have curious or money-motivated people going rogue.

I agree he had specific info, but when he never found anything maybe discarded the legimitacy of it?

Maybe. I don't get where we are going here. I need more coffee. lol. The fact that nothing was found, IMO, doesn't change why he was there and how he handled it. His cry throughout the case was that Caylee was alive. And he should have called LE. This wasn't a case of a spouse cheating. This was criminal and under the jurisdiction of LE. DC could have really screwed up evidence.

So what it really boils down to is: One PI out PI-ed the lead PI by playing a shell game of sorts with the cameras.

Not only was he searching, but the search was being filmed! He had tools with him to probe into the soil and a shovel to dig. Shaeffer mentions him slicing open bags, so he may have had a knife or scissors.

If he had actually come across Caylee's remains - it would have been caught on film. It was as if he wanted to film the actual discovery of her body!

Absolutely! He went went with purpose and forethought.

The 30 seconds of video comes from a different thread. It's meaningless now in this context.

If people who do this work have multiple disposable cell phones, then I suppose one of them could have a hidden video concealed on his person. Maybe one PI was "in charge." Perhaps it was to be kept secret. The PI in charge might have required that at the end of the day, the video footage was turned over to him. The cohort, having got the lay of the land, maybe decided to do some filming on the side. I'm not sure I believe he just forgot he had this 10 minutes of tape he didn't turn over to the one with the information (like the other 3 tapes mentioned?). I think he kept it on purpose and C didn't know about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back