Discussion between the verdict and sentencing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

They will not ban OP from the games and it would be unfair to other competitors if people boycotted games because of him.
I think an old school method to show public opinion and disrespect should be used.
If Oscar runs all spectators should turn their backs on him and not watch.
Maybe start a group on some Facebook and Google+ to arrange this.

They will not ban OP from the games and it would be unfair to other competitors if people boycotted games because of him.
I think an old school method to show public opinion and disrespect should be used.
If Oscar runs all spectators should turn their backs on him and not watch.
Maybe start a group on some Facebook and Google+ to arrange this.

Ok point taken - page closed.
It's just so hard to take that we can do nothing about this injustice, he's going to go on and have sponsors and take part in competitions.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Oscar Pistorius - The Truth is about to start on BBC 3 for UK viewers

This article shows just how OP has avoided anything like a normal/ordinary trial in SA. Why? Is it Uncle A's importance in SA, is it because OP has money, is it because he is white? This is quite a worrying insight into SA Criminal Cases and what happens along the way. OP's treatment bears no resemblance to the norm in SA.

"BROKEN BEYOND IMAGINATION - SOUTH AFRICA'S JUSTICE SYSTEM"

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...ond-imagination-south-africas-justice-system/

Oh, I see what you mean now .. the netcare employees on the witness list were paramedics .. I thought you meant the paramedics would also have been the ones he (supposedly) 'spoke to' when he called netcare.

There were four witnesses on the state's list identified as "Netcare 911" so my guess is they're made up of both the operator (or operators) who took the call(s) and the paramedics who arrived onsite.

(2) of them have a location designated as "Pretoria East Base."
(1) has location designated as "Midrand."
(1) simply says "Netcare 911" w/no location given.

Well having listened to Reeva's parents on the BBC, I agree with them...I don't believe his 'version' either, and find it hard to understand how the court could have believed it...particularly when the Judge actually said that he had lied. What an absolute travesty. The SA 'justice' system should be ashamed, they have failed Reeva and failed to protect the SA public. Very upsetting.

I really wish we could see it in US...zero coverage here on this trial

Me too, turaj... me too.

I noticed that one of the articles posted here said the Steenkamps had a contract w/NBC... and I think the article referred to NBC as international media.

That got my hopes up that perhaps an upcoming "Dateline NBC" segment will highlight the case/interview. <fingers crossed>

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Oscar Pistorius - The Truth is about to start on BBC 3 for UK viewers

what a great woman, wise man, the Steencamp parents. Although they believe the real story (not version 2.3 or 4.6 or any) they don't want poison in their hearts, heads.

If I had to choose,where to live, with the Steencamps or Pistorius, it,s clearly family one.
If I had to choose between Pistorius family and prison...hmm prison, there are not so many weapons.

Ok point taken - page closed.
It's just so hard to take that we can do nothing about this injustice, he's going to go on and have sponsors and take part in competitions.

I thought, all the sponsors are history

This article shows just how OP has avoided anything like a normal/ordinary trial in SA. Why? Is it Uncle A's importance in SA, is it because OP has money, is it because he is white? This is quite a worrying insight into SA Criminal Cases and what happens along the way. OP's treatment bears no resemblance to the norm in SA.

"BROKEN BEYOND IMAGINATION - SOUTH AFRICA'S JUSTICE SYSTEM"

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...ond-imagination-south-africas-justice-system/

eveybody should read this: ( abstract of linked article)

Oscar Pistorius and Shrien Dewani may be getting the VIP treatment in court, but on the ground, hundreds – if not thousands – of ordinary South Africans are fighting for their lives in a criminal justice system that is bent at best; or completely broken. No lengthy bail hearings or deep analysis of the evidence for them: they languish in jail, waiting for justice that never comes. By RUTH HOPKINS.

OP should have done this the evening right after he killed RS

Reeva's mum said that the only time she had ever spoken to OP was when Reeva called her to say that she was in the car with OP and he was driving so fast she was terrified.

Concerns for Masipa:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29223241

It is the personal nature of these attacks that are of concern to the three legal groups, Legal Resources Centre, Section27 and the Centre for Child Law.

"Whilst it is understandable that people may disagree with the verdict, there is a significant difference between criticising the judgment and criticising the judge," their statement said.

"These comments allege that Judge Masipa is corrupt, and/or that her gender and/or race rendered her incompetent in appropriately applying the law to the evidence presented."

The statement said that her decision in the high-profile case last week required a considered application of the law in relation to the evidence presented.

"Attacking and threatening Judge Masipa because she is black or because she is female is simply unacceptable and should not be tolerated in our current constitutional framework, where equality and non-discrimination are of paramount importance," the groups said.

I think he's just a darn good liar, using his past achievements and boyish looks ,and wearing a suit that's a bit big for him to appeal to the Judge's good nature,and repetitive references to his faith and god etc.....she even mentions about going to Church on Sundays. He even said after he was sworn in at the start of his Cross Exam with Nel that he would 'try to tell the truth' ,,,,,,,who the heck says that if they intended to tell the truth ? very very odd,and can't think for a minute that the Judge and Assessors didn't view that as a red flag from the outset.......very very odd. They liked Oscar, they had a paralympic medal winning Olympic Champion infront of them crying a wretching and saying he'd made a mistake, prays a lot and begging to be believed - they fell for it hook line and sinker. The Judge ignored or twisted all the damning evidence against Oscar as if some of it didn't exist - you couldn't have made it up.

Personally , I think that Judge was far too inexperienced to cope with such a high profile case.

I've thought this as well. I feel for South Africa, they knew their justice system would be in the spotlight and they still found a way to bugger it up. Only if Oscar is given the maximum 15 years would this have a chance at looking any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar