Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane Downs has absolutely no grasp on reality. She is paranoid and delusional and her life is just plain sucky--and it would be even if she were not in prison. I wish I could find the letter she sent to her daughter--the one that she gave birth to after her arrest. It leaves little question to the state of her mind these days. And considering that was written some years ago I imagine her mental status to be much worse now rather than better. At best, Downs is medicated to the point of comfortably numb.

Where did you get the info on Diane Downs? I followed the case closely when it happened, since I lived in the area. It, too, had a lot of drama. I also read Small Sacrifices, which was one of Ann Rules' first books. Downs and Jodi are like two peas in a pod.

Jodi told Det.Flores about her needing to tell Doggyboy that she was sorry about kicking him. This was when she was asked about anger problems. She said she was pissed that she had to pick up Angela and Joey's dirty diapers when Doggyboy tore open the trash. She said he moved a few feet after kicking him and wasn'seen after that. I wonder how many animal's Sandy and Bill had to get rid of after she maimed and or killed them. Dr.DeMar told us about it in the first trial. That would of been about the time Jodi was growing pot and her fog rolling in?

And in true Jodispeak, she specifically remembered kicking doggieboy with her RIGHT foot. Really Jodi?

She said he moved a few feet after kicking him and wasn'seen after that. "

I think she was saying he flew through the air a few feet when she kicked Doggyboy. We dont know if he was a small dog.

In my books, JA falls in the same books as Ted Bundy. Where is Dr. Stone? :dunno:

Thank you for this balanced and objective look at what lies ahead for Arias and others who have no chance of leaving prison.

CMJA's personality profile is such that she is awkward in groups and more comfortable dealing one on one with people. Her transition to gen pop will be most uncomfortable for her because of this and her reputation going into gen pop. In time, she will find a way to exist. By then, I imagine her cult followers will have dwindled in numbers.

She is not even 35 years old. By all standards, she has at least another 40 years to live, all behind bars. Perryville is not one of the top places in the country to serve out the rest of one's life.

BBM

Yes. It's relatively easy for people with Jodi's personality profile to manipulate one person at a time. She'd have to be a lot more charismatic in order to have that effect with a group of people.

I haven't seen any evidence that CMJA ever cultivated those deep relationships based on truth, acceptance and forgiveness of others that could sustain her throughout her incarceration. The only just outcome is LWOP. She must pay forher life based on lies, manipulation, immorality, greed and self service. Karma is the result of actions. Her bad choices and evil motivations and machinations have a logical outcome, LWOP, and that is her karma. She must accept it and move on leaving the evil/bad decisions behind or she will never have peace. She has said she thinks of herself as an "evolved" human Pfffffffft She should be jailed forever on that statement alone.

2. Hasn't JSS had 30 days to draw up the sentencing order? Shouldn't the decree have been drawn up by now? what is the point of witness testimony?
JMO it will be a morning of witness statements and then lunch followed by the decision and the murderer's incarceration for the rest of her natural life.

3. Of all the experts who testified in the entire circus the one I have the least respect for is ALV! An assessment/evaluation that took 44 hours with the accused is unheard of! Why didn't she just adopt the criminal? In addition gifts of books and a mag subscription are so far out of the bounds of a clinical evaluation I could vomit!

4. I have been addicted to crime and trials since before OJ and I had thought I had seen just about every sickening thing that a trial could dredge up but this one takes the cake. My only regret was googling JA's autopsy photos not because I was shocked (I have seen 1000's) but because I had allowed myself to to like TA as a human being. A regular guy who struggled on his path but was able to rise above his humble beginnings and cultivate his talent to inspire others into a budding career. The identifying autopsy photo shocked me into the reality of exactly what CMJA accomplished on June42008. She reduced that promising young man to worm food for no other reason than her own selfishness . For that she must pay. JMVHO

My biggest regret is seeing JAs hoochie plastered all over the interwebs. I try to think back to pre social media days and if this trial would of made of difference or not.

Really, until she "tried" to snag Travis, her circumstances sucked. DB was old and wrinkly, an alcoholic, and never wanted a relationship with her, beyond her being eye candy and sex for him, plus paying half the mortgage. MM and BJ were more of hit it and quit it types, and she worked to support at least BJ. Neither contributed to her future in life. When it all boils down, she had nothing with any of them. She confused sex with love, and reminds me of a poor little rich girl. Don't misunderstand me, I am not at all feeling sorry for her, maybe just a little sadness for how she turned out. JMO.

BBM ~ Is this factual? IDK. IMO, JA wanted to hit big leagues and failed when DB when demoted thanks to her. JMO

<respectfully snipped>

I know our system isn't perfect, but it is what we have. This case has been very upsetting to me the most due to the fact that the victim in this case has been trashed and lied about constantly by a murdering psychopath who manipulates and hurts everyone around her. She's a toxic user. I believe that if the genders had been reversed, 90% of the character assassination would never have been allowed. Travis would have been locked away and forgotten about long ago if the roles were reversed.

Agreed.

Jodi writes about Luna in her journal. She called her a she devil. I don't know when Jodi left her at grannys, other than she wasn't with Jodi in Mesa.

Enough with the cat, it's hearsay. I believe JA is all out of sorts, even if she murdered a cat, it does not change IMO that she is is a walking, "beautiful", "smart" sociopath.

View attachment 72588

&#8220;Jodi, what are you doing in 25 years minus 7 years time served, plus good behavior?

No way in hell this is gonna' happen. Zero.. Nada!!!! I would love to see JSS go all *nasty verbal* on CMJA when she sentences the murdering butcheress to LWOP.

Despite all the criticism about Judge Stephens, the one constant with her is that she is a very measured and polite woman. I can't imagine her putting on the record anything more than a quick summary of her reasons for sentencing Jodi to LWOP.

BBM ~ Is this factual? IDK. IMO, JA wanted to hit big leagues and failed when DB when demoted thanks to her. JMO

Who knows what is fact or fiction when it comes to this case. I certainly don't.

Who knows what is fact or fiction when it comes to this case. I certainly don't.

Sorry CA. I just don't think JA killing cats at this stage will break or make JSS's sentence. I am very sensitive to pets, and I sure do not need to know JA purposely abused or killed them. She already took TA down for rejection, isn't that enough?

Disclaimer: Need to lay off the "claymaidian"

Sorry CA. I just don't think JA killing cats at this stage will break or make JSS's sentence. I am very sensitive to pets, and I sure do not need to know JA purposely abused or killed them. She already took TA down for rejection, isn't that enough?

?????? I am not the one who was posting about cats. What is "claymaidian" if I might ask?

?????? I am not the one who was posting about cats. What is "claymaidian" if I might ask?

I am sorry, CA. I have been reading posts about the cats and your post got me wind up. :blush:

A "claymaidian: is a beverage with Coors Light and Clamato juiuce mixed with my other halfs name. :)

Bravo RB! too true! CMJA should enjoy an eternity of hard work and a second helping of hard work on top of that. Perhaps if she ever successfully cultivated or cared for another living thing beyond herself I would feel some sympathy for her future, but the DT wasn't able to come up with ONE selfless act she preformed !
If I am mistaken please feel free to correct me.

Throughout her adulthood she attached herself to men that could improve her circumstances. TA was the "golden ticket" and she went "all in" sexually thinking that was something he couldn't resist. She failed to recognize that as much as TA loved sex he had values beyond that. Her lying did her in. She lied about small things and large things and when that didn't work she decided to "bring him down" with her threat to go to the bishop. His church was tied up with his social circle and his livelihood.

Do any of you think she wanted to "bring him down"in his church so he would be on equal footing with her lesser status and then be forced to settle for CMJA? I 'm not sure if my point is clear.

BBM Not sure what you mean but I don't think the Mormon church has a "lesser status". IMO, she was nuts to fall for a MLM like Pre-Paid Legal/Legal Shield.

[/B]
BBM Not sure what you mean but I don't think the Mormon church has a "lesser status". IMO, she was nuts to fall for a MLM like Pre-Paid Legal/Legal Shield.

It is possible the May 25/26 texts were when JA "threaten" - ed TA to take his sex impromptus to the Bishop. Not "Temple Worthy".

[/B]

I don't think orchids was referring to the Mormon Church, but rather to the status that JA perceived Travis to hold within the church. So, to orchids, it seemed that JA saw Travis as successful and trusted and having a certain amount of authority, ie, a "higher status" within the LDS Church and community, as well as within the PPL organization. And, if I read it correctly, orchids believes that JA, in looking at her own lack of accomplishments, felt that she had a "lesser status" than that which Travis held. So, if JA threatened to make public that fake sex tape to influential people in Travis's church, she would be bringing him down closer to her level than the one which he had earned. Therefore, orchid's use of the term "lesser status" does not insinuate that the Mormon church is of lesser status than any other religious organization.

Regarding such threats, I just think JA was trying to blackmail Travis into staying with her so that he wouldn't lose the respect and fellowship of the LDS community. She was a classic abuser within their relationship, IMO, because she was trying to isolate him from everyone important in his life.

It is possible the May 25/26 texts were when JA "threaten" - ed TA to take his sex impromptus to the Bishop. Not "Temple Worthy".

In the gchat Travis texted "you made sure I heard your voice", and Jodi says " I only wanted to hear your voice". Maybe a sexphonecall for the bishop?

That was me that started the whole cat discussion when I read on Justdatruths latest blog about her squeezing her cat Luna. I'd never heard of it before so was interested to know more. Now I see that that was the cat she referred to as scratching her all the time in the interviews with Flores. No bloody wonder, if she did that to it. It pales of course in comparison to what she went on to do but it was still of interest I thought as a part of the puzzle that is Arias. I also think that the more JSS knows about Arias and her past behaviours the more it may influence her thinking when it comes to the sentence as it's all part of a nasty and developing pattern. But I didn't certainly mean to upset any animal lovers and can I have one of those drinks please. :)

She is disgusting and every single time, without fail, someone sends me more of her public speaking ON THIS CASE I send it straight to Phillip for Mr. Martinez and straight to Judge Stephens. Yes. I do. If, as and when she testifies again .......her reputation of lying to the court and the jury will precede her.

Yes, LaViolette IS disgusting and vile. She is a hateful and devious person. I have seen some of the videos where she references this trial. She is nearly gleeful with her "fame". She has no dignity, ethics or professionalism whatsoever and the sorts of people that would want to listen to her speak are really (hmmm...) either not bright, are ill-informed or are just so desperate to be "validated" that they are willing to accept her as an authority.
My theory about people is this~ They will show you who they are. A lying mouth is poor disguise. Truth shines through.
This trial has revealed the dark hearts of many... and the beautiful, bright spirits of others.
By now, we all know who's who.

I had to stop watching ALV trial videos. Her frequent slight smiles as if she is talking to a kindergartener are totally disrespectful and inappropriate for the situation. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela