Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am humored that Dr. Glass borrowed some of our WS discussion and focal points (in the latter half of the article), especially the slam at Jodi's language. The term "high falutin" as a way to describe Jodi's speech affect and "off" usage came from yours truly, the fan of rickshaw rides. It is not a common term. Ahem. But I am feeling generous in this regard! So, thank you, Dr. Glass for broadcasting what several WS-ers have articulated!

I read the story when it first came out, and the Dr.'s viewpoint was full of misrepresentation. At the very beginning of the article, Dr. Glass originally said that Jodi made the thumbs down gesture when JSS sentenced her. I immediately quit reading because it was clear that she hadn't even bothered to watch the sentencing. Readers corrected her, and she then edited the article.

wobo - a girl who gives hand jobs for hand outs

:wagon::wagon::welcome3::greetings:

Thanks for trying, but I'm positive that is not it. I did ask for someone who knows "for sure". With all due respect, your answer is on urban dictionary, but it isn't "contemporaneous" ;)

371384.jpg

thank you ElleElle! I am just so amazed at the difference!! from 27-34 years old! Her face has sunk, that usually doesn't happen until you're about in your 50's!!!

I read the story when it first came out, and the Dr.'s viewpoint was full of misrepresentation. At the very beginning of the article, Dr. Glass originally said that Jodi made the thumbs down gesture when JSS sentenced her. I immediately quit reading because it was clear that she hadn't even bothered to watch the sentencing. Readers corrected her, and she then edited the article.

Not to mention that it is riddled with grammatical, spelling, and factual errors. It loses credibility. And quite frankly, I myself detected her voice and defiant tone and mannerisms without a degree.

Wow! In these photos Troy looks HUGE and Juan looks so little in comparison. But as Jodi found out, sometimes big things come in small packages.

ETA: Sorry if that came to the wrong way!

But that journalist was artful with the blue background and flags. These reflect JM's compassion for the victims and his service as a great representative of the State of Arizona. The journalist could have sat in front of those himself, but he did not.

Thanks for trying, but I'm positive that is not it. I did ask for someone who knows "for sure". With all due respect, your answer is on urban dictionary, but it isn't "contemporaneous" ;)
AFAIK wobo stands for *advertiser censored* Of Babble On and was coined when she wouldn't stop talking during interviews.

Yeah, it was funny yesterday that JW kept bring up 2nd degree. JSS was having none of that since a JURY decided it was 1st degree. That horse had left the barn a long time ago.

Still, if Jodi had STFU and lawyered up right away, there's a good chance it would have been 2nd degree or less. It's conceivable that she could have already been released by now.

As despicable as her behavior has been, what sweet karma it is that although she casts blame on others, the fault lies solely with her.

I hope that at some point Jodi realizes that she, and she alone is responsible for the miserable future she now faces, and kicks herself for it every day from here on in.

:moo:

I agree that if she had handled this completely differently from the beginning with the police, she could have fudged her way to a lesser sentence. Her problem was thinking she could outsmart anyone else. That's what lawyers are for and you get one from the get-go to speak for you.

I'm not sure that it could ever ever be 2nd degree, though. As JSS said 281129 used multiple weapons. Not sure how that could that have been construed as self-defense / murder 2.

I hope she pays for an expensive attorney, and s/he bails after she's spent all her money. Plus, doesn't any money she has go towards restitution?

On the subject of money - wouldn't you think that #281129's enormous extended family could have chipped in $10 each to pay for just one of her clan to attend her sentencing? Very hinky to me that Aunt Sue wasn't there. Gosh, do you think she absconded with the Appellant Fund???

Hi Rickshaw, she was chained around the waist I saw it when she spoke to the judge. also she was in a lot of trouble at Estrella. I know early on she fought with a roommate and hurt her. That's why she was in a cell by herself. Arpaio threw her in there.:laughcry: :hilarious:

I have a pic of it!
jasentencing21sm.jpg

Also, just because, I searched to make sure she had "arrived".
JAperryville2sm.jpg

AFAIK wobo stands for *advertiser censored* Of Babble On and was coined when she wouldn't stop talking during interviews.

Thank you!!! Actually, I have been searching and finally found some good confirmation. It is actually *advertiser censored* *of* Babble On... and I see you must have just corrected it since the quote has magically fixed itself!!!

She looks very scared and ready to cry IMO. I hope she carries that look around with her. It will make her a target for sure.
IIRC Perryville guards have already been warned about her manipulative ways. They are hopefully not being cordial to her at all. Just doing their jobs and making sure they don't don't have any idle chit chat with her. I'm guessing it was a totally different reception that she got at either Yereka or Estrella jails. LMAO

LOL, EVERY girl is "gorgeous" to superficial men if it has blonde hair, obvious breasts and lots o' warpaint! If Kraft was the guy with Sammi (sp?) on Fox10 yesterday - yep, he was quite a dufus and not just for that odd remark on her looks :/ He started saying a lot of weird stuff, that didn't sound right from a legal standpoint and I stopped watching. I didn't have the patience. He didn't come off as professional or even very knowledgeable. He said a couple of things that were flat out wrong that had been all over the news for weeks, and he got it wrong. Sammi and the other man there tried to direct/correct him on one obvious gaffe. He did state that he wasn't a criminal lawyer, but what the heck. Boob.

To give an example of just how poorly he came off, I'll take NG any day over Krafft. *I see the spelling of his name and it reminds me of the Vampire of Banff, lol*

My opinions mean nothing, but I spout 'em anyway :D

You mean, superficial and 'desperate' men think any women with semi-blonde/orange hair and anything over, oh say... maybe 350cc of breast, and forget the make up...I don't think their eyes ever travel in that region....

As far as his name goes... The only thing I associate with Kraft is cheese.

She looks very scared and ready to cry IMO. I hope she carries that look around with her. It will make her a target for sure.
IIRC Perryville guards have already been warned about her manipulative ways. They are hopefully not being cordial to her at all. Just doing their jobs and making sure they don't don't have any idle chit chat with her. I'm GUESSING it was a totally different reception that she got at either Yereka or Estrella jails. LMAO

Some of the bertha's over at the jail probably told her to "play scared" to try and win the favor of some of the guards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove