Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's interesting. The interview with Juan was woefully incomplete. There is so much I'd like to know. I wish Dr. Demarte would agree to an in-depth interview as well. What a fiery combination those two make!

Oh, I agree fully that Juan's interview was incomplete and really hope that he writes a book someday!

Can you imagine just how fiery Dr D and Juan, along with Det Flores would be; the brainstorming, the piecing together all of the facts and suppositions! Man, I would have loved to observe this!

Everyone needs to "detox" this in the ways they do for as long as they do and thankfully WS keeps this board open to let this happen.

I loved her last sentence in the aggravation factors - I've considered the emotional and financial harm to the victims family.

I realize folks like to slam JSS and there were often good reasons for this, but I think she is owed our appreciation as well. She can't have had much of a "life" all these years while dealing with Jodi. She obviously had a judge-load in addition to the burden of JA's trials. IIRC, she seemed sick only on one day in all those months of trial. She managed to stay on top of everyday convolutions and manipulations and know when she was being manipulated. She managed to stay under the media radar when the Nancy Graces of the media world were burrowing into everyone else's lives. And she produced some very fine written copy.

And from her demeanor, you never knew how JSS was thinking......It's unbelievably difficult to maintain that.

How many of us on here could handle what JSS had to do with as much grace as she did? I, for one, see a lot to envy in her capabilities and commitment.

Good Morning, Y'all !

Just checking in for updates !

Any news on Einstein at her new home sweet home ?

Everyone needs to "detox" this in the ways they do for as long as they do and thankfully WS keeps this board open to let this happen.
You said it perfectly. Thank you. :hug: If folks are ready to head to other pastures, no problem. But it's also OK to read, share, and learn here while we can. No right or wrong.

The mothers in this AH story demonstrate motherhood... a shared experience of pain, and they each acknowledge the other's pain. Honesty, love and compassion -- things that could have made a difference if Sandi shared their traits.

'I smiled at her after the verdict and nodded my head': Aaron Hernandez's mother reveals unlikely bond she developed with victim's mother during murder trial

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-developed-victim-s-mother-murder-trial.html

<mod snip>

In the interrogation tapes

09:16
DF: I don&#8217;t think you wanted to. I really don&#8217;t think you wanted to, but this speaks for itself. It speaks for itself, Jodi. It goes beyond speculation. This is way beyond speculation. This is downright proof, but there&#8217;s no back story to it. All I know is that I need a story or else it&#8217;s just cold. It&#8217;s so cold. You don&#8217;t look like the person who would plan something like this. You&#8217;re&#8230;you&#8217;re just not that person. I can believe other things but not that, but without the truth I can&#8217;t paint another picture, and it&#8217;s going to be up to the prosecutor to paint that picture, and if you want that prosecutor, and I&#8217;ve met him, and you don&#8217;t want him painting that picture, because he is good at what he does. I&#8217;ve worked with him before, and you allow him to paint that picture for you -- it&#8217;s not going to be good.

BBM. One of my faves.... Flores at his manipulative best!

And then there are the false alternatives: "It looks like you planned it, but just looking at you (LMAO, Flores), that doesn't really make sense to me (ummmmm, right, EF): if you tell the truth, then I can know you didn't plan it." "What's a poor girl to do" [with those two options]? Either one, BAM!

And then the threat: "If you don't cop to any of it, we'll have to make something up to fit the evidence. We're very creative in that regard, and you won't like it." Bwahahaha!

Genius....

Did you ever get the feeling that the prosecutor's office loved this interrogation video as much as we did? For Flores' artfulness and Jodi's rediculousness? And they watched it over and over? And that watching it wasn't just a professional necessity?

I saw a documentary or read an article (maybe someone posted it here) about how cell phones are being smuggled into the prisions nowadays. I guess it's a big problem. It made me wonder if maybe jodi had a smuggled cell phone in her cell.

It will be interesting to read Sheriff Joe's report, I'm sure if she had someone smuggle her one in it would be in that report.

IIRC, per Sheriff Joe, she was allowed video visits from Estrella. She racked up enormous numbers of these. Arpaio took away that privilege as soon as he could after the penalty phase. He also took away her commissary privileges and basically stuck her in solitary.

There is no computer access at all for inmates at PV. IIRC, inmates have strip searches both before and after contact visitation. Maybe they'll even make JA cut her hair to make this easier. Do they have Brazilians to facilitate strip searches?

Let's suppose for a moment that the speculation about JA manipulating her way to the top of the food chain in prison is accurate. She probably will continue to behave the way she always has. A leopard doesn't lose its spots just because you take her out of the jungle and put her in a zoo.

But think about what a hollow victory that is...queen bee at the state prison. Cannot ever know the beauty of a sunset on a lake, an ocean, in the mountains. Never will she hike a canyon on a cool, clear morning. No barbecues with friends, no amazing dinner at the new trendy restaurant. She'll never know the love of a good man, a glass of wine by the fireplace with her husband before bedtime. No coffee at the local breakfast diner with girlfriends she's known since childhood, no big family dinners at Thanksgiving and Christmas. No seeing friends jump into action to go the extra mile for her during a family crisis, no hugs and adoring smiles from a beloved child.

Think of all the joys that liberty brings. Being autonomous, making a new choice of how to spend one's time every single day. Freedom.

But no, the best she can hope for is to run the asylum...

Good riddance to her, and I hope she rots from the inside for the next 50 years while Travis' family goes about the lovely business of leading full lives abundant with the joy that only the ability to truly love others more than oneself can bring.

I really like this post. What a great way to look at this! So what if the killer "thrives" in prison!

The killer is locked up and will stay that way forever. If she somehow manages to become overseer of all things contraband--commissary snacks and other goods--so what! She's not free. She will never be free. Thriving in a prison environment is a whole lot different from thriving on the outside.

The high points of this killer's life will be on the level of shopping at the prison commissary for Hershey bars and makeup. For all intents and purposes, she has nothing. Nada. Zilch. But one thing I am sure of: If this killer has any type of spiritual beliefs at all, she knows damn well that death will not bring her peace but will instead bring her never-ending anguish. That knowledge will eat away her psyche little by little over the years until all that she can count on are daily paranoia and night terrors.

I've often wondered just how much Dr. deMarte assisted Juan with his strategy of understanding,dissecting JA's personality and defense. Such as: the best way to cross examine her, how to get her confused, how a person with BPD acts and reacts in certain situations and maybe assisted the family with their final statements.

I know a great deal of Juan's experience came into play but I wonder if he had ever encountered someone of JA's ilk and asked Dr D for more insight.

Just my rambling thoughts!!

I have no doubt JM has come across other criminals like JA. But he may also not have had anyone quite like Demarte to strategize with. I'm sure Demarte could have come out with something a lot more damaging than "borderline" in the second trial. They played it down, too: no ramped-up diagnosis, no deep analysis of scores, no Dr. Hayes to provide a second opinion. But by holding back JM/JD pretty much gave the DT nothing to attack, but lots to hang themselves with. PT knew JA hated Demarte. BAM! DT personalizes the attack and minimizes their mitigator.

I really like this post. What a great way to look at this! So what if the killer "thrives" in prison!

The killer is locked up and will stay that way forever. If she somehow manages to become overseer of all things contraband--commissary snacks and other goods--so what! She's not free. She will never be free. Thriving in a prison environment is a whole lot different from thriving on the outside.

The high points of this killer's life will be on the level of shopping at the prison commissary for Hershey bars and makeup. For all intents and purposes, she has nothing. Nada. Zilch. But one thing I am sure of: If this killer has any type of spiritual beliefs at all, she knows damn well that death will not bring her peace but will instead bring her never-ending anguish. That knowledge will eat away her psyche little by little over the years until all that she can count on are daily paranoia and night terrors.

I read that PV inmates have to wait hours in line outside for commissary and the medical clinic. Plus, if she's lucky, JA will get a job. I'm thinking the toilet cleaning job @ 10 cents an hour would be perfect, since she has no transferable work skills. And of that $.10, 50% would be docked for restitution, at a net of $.05 gain to Jodi's commissary account. JA will have to work a whole day (8 hours) to buy a coke...... I'll bet, given her limited education, JA has not calculated this yet..... Maybe these factoids become apparent in "orientation"?

She could be subject to the DP if she plotted and killed someone in prison and was convicted for that murder. However, I don't think we'll ever see that happen. She's in close custody and I don't think she'll get much of a chance to do that. This is not a prison like that in "Orange Is the New Black." This is hard core maximum and medium security.

BBM: She's in maximum custody and will be for some time since she's also considered high profile with a record of previous violations w/MCSO. To be considered for close custody, she's going to have to be recommended as model prisoner with not a single misdemeanor violation - with her temper, jealous nature and need to control, I just don't see that happening within the times required in the steps. She's also already known as a manipulator, so they'll be on alert for that too. I think she'll manage to earn some privileges, but not to lowered custody for quite awhile...

This is only my opinion about Sandy Arias and the statements she has made both inside of the courtroom and in the media.

It was such a blessing to see the Alexander family smile again. I hope their lives here on out are filled with nothing but wonderful blessings. They certainly deserve no less.

IMO

Respectfully Snipped:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: oceanblueeyes ! :takeabow:

From the: Websleuths Post of the Day Thread for 4/16/15:

Honorable Mention for post of the day April 15th goes to Oceanblueeyes

See Nomination Post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-for-April-15th-2015&p=11694816#post11694816

See Tricia's Post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-yourself!!-4-16-2015&p=11698593#post11698593

:cheers:

I read that PV inmates have to wait hours in line outside for commissary and the medical clinic. Plus, if she's lucky, JA will get a job. I'm thinking the toilet cleaning job @ 10 cents an hour would be perfect, since she has no transferable work skills. And of that $.10, 50% would be docked for restitution, at a net of $.05 gain to Jodi's commissary account. JA will have to work a whole day (8 hours) to buy a coke...... I'll bet, given her limited education, JA has not calculated this yet..... Maybe these factoids become apparent in "orientation"?

Once she is working and making money for restitution she'll be able to take her favorite t-shirt "TRAVIS ALEXANDER'S"...remove the name Travis....and forever belong to the.."ALEXANDER'S"!

I am so surprised this thread is still going.

She is gone. Over. The End.

Talking about her now makes her relevant..

I don't understand coming onto a thread to make comments like this. You don't want to talk about her anymore, then don't. You still post in favor of the Ramseys on JonBenets thread and it's been 19 years. Should someone come along and tell you to give it up and stop posting about that? No. People will stop being interested when they stop being interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela