Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an interview outside the courthouse with Wilma where she was asked if she believed that 281129 was a victim of domestic violence. The article with it had quotes from the media and Wilma. I cannot find the article.

Her answer was something like 'I believe 281129 was involved in a domestic violence relationship'.

My first thought was "yes she was, and she was the perpetrator!"

I thought this was a good example of how sleezy lawyers twist their words around to make it seem like they answered you while keeping their client in a possitive light.

She also stated that 'we never said that Travis was a pedophile'. Did she really never say he was? How about Nurmi? Or did they just use their hired guns to get that out there? Perhaps I am thinking of a sidebar or motion that was being argued without the jury present?

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · Apr 18

At approx 40.50min, according to Troy and his informants, JSS wanted the DP 4 #JodiArias - talk about being fair...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb0t2gZrJM&index=3&list=WL …

OK JSS could have wanted the jury to decide on the DP. But I have a problem with this exchange. Firstly TH states that the sources that he had who knew JSS, said that she wanted the DP, and was upset that JA didn't get it. I can't imagine JSS sharing her personal opinion during the trial, so maybe his sources said this after the trial. The female host states that JSS knew that the jury was 11 to 1 for the DP. This is not true. She then states that it is kind of obvious (paraphrasing) that JSS wanted JA to get the DP, because she sent the jury back to deliberate some more. WTH? Every judge on the planet should do this if there is a chance of a hung jury. It doesn't reflect any personal agenda on the judge.

TH doesn't correct her on this, but agrees, and adds that it was like JSS was saying "I don't accept the verdict that you just put out--go get the one I want". Sorry-but he just lost a lot of credibility IMO. I don't even understand what he is talking about.

I do think that JSS was more than happy to give JA LWOP. But that is the only thing that I am confident about. I am giving her credit for that, in spite of the reality that if she hadn't done it--it would have been political suicide for her reelection to the bench. JMO

I don't think JSS would ever in her life have stated her opinions on this case, knowing how high-profile and with social media and all that.

KatieCoolady I didn't know that's what drew you into this case. That's what caught my attention too!

I was flipping through the channels and happened to catch her babbling. I could see right through her, but I got so worried that she would fool everyone so I kept an eye on the case via the Internet.

Then one day I stumbled upon WS... I can't even put into words how happy I was to see that everyone here had JA figured out, and knew how dangerous she was.

(around that same time we had all recently been so disappointed by the CA trial.... I think it added even more worry that JA might escape too)

I knew nothing (or very very little) about the case until one day I turned to HLN and she was on the stand testifying (defense). Can I admit something extremely embarrassing? I believed her! (I want to mention again that I did not know of her or the case until that day). I was watching her and actually feeling sorry for her. You do not believe how much it pains and embarrasses me to admit this....lol! I had actually forgotten about it, guess I had blocked it out of my mind.

So like I said that was the 1st day of her on the stand (wait I think, or maybe 2nd or something and then I went back and watched the previous day/s? IDK, don't remember now...or like I said maybe blocked it from my mind...haha).

So here I was buying her little story of abuse, etc..

Until Juan came up. The minute, I mean literally the minute Juan started with her, I realized it was all an act and I saw who she really was. I think it was then that I started looking up on the Internet and found WS.

Juan's cross was amazing and honestly, I feel like if it had been another prosecutor she would have eaten him up. I have watched many trials where the prosecutor cross-examine in a monotone voice and asks questions verrryy sloowwwllly. She might, just might have succeeded with that kind of prosecutor, of at least convincing one or two jurors.

Juan's cross was so perfect, just perfect. He did the questions fast, pow-pow, so she didn't have tiime to think of her lies or get her story straight. He highlighted every lie. Amazing.

I am forever in awe of Juan.

I knew nothing (or very very little) about the case until one day I turned to HLN and she was on the stand testifying (defense). Can I admit something extremely embarrassing? I believed her! (I want to mention again that I did not know of her or the case until that day). I was watching her and actually feeling sorry for her. You do not believe how much it pains and embarrasses me to admit this....lol! I had actually forgotten about it, guess I had blocked it out of my mind.

So like I said that was the 1st day of her on the stand (wait I think, or maybe 2nd or something and then I went back and watched the previous day/s? IDK, don't remember now...or like I said maybe blocked it from my mind...haha).

Until Juan came up. The minute, I mean literally the minute Juan started with her, I realized it was all an act and I saw who she really was. I think it was then that I started looking up on the Internet and found WS.

Juan's cross was amazing and honestly, I feel like if it had been another prosecutor she would have eaten him up. I have watched many trials where the prosecutor cross-examine in a monotone voice and asks questions verrryy sloowwwllly. She might, just might have succeeded with that kind of prosecutor, of at least convincing one or two jurors.

Juan's cross was so perfect, just perfect. He did the questions fast, pow-pow, so she didn't have tiime to think of her lies or get her story straight. He highlighted every lie. Amazing.

Wow! Thank you for sharing that... and thank goodness you are wise enough to quickly see through it! I remember watching Juan get up for the first time... I was so wanting him to just go at her like they do in the movies, and I remeber thinking I was going to be so disappointed if he didn't. But then, in the same instance I remember thinking, "oh, this guy is gooood"!

Juan was totally different than what I was hoping for, but also way better!!

I kept seeing re-runs of HLN and 281129 singing "O Holy Night" ... I was WTH? Googled J.A. and BAM. :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX77sNQkEBk

That's when I started following this case when JA was on the stand. Her whole story was fabricated to make her look good. It was simply astonishing.

She was chasing Travis from the first day.

This has been puzzling me for days but I haven't had the time to write about it. I agree that the Judge would not have shared her personal opinions especially since this was a high-profile drama-filled case. Troy's 'sources' include Keifer and gang and they believe that the Judge hates Arias. No surprise if they believe that the Judge wanted the DP.

Troy also said that he believes that some of the jurors got on the case with hidden agendas---to give Arias the DP. I like Troy but sometimes the things he says are flat out wrong.

I first knew about this case through watching the first 48 Hours Interview. Like you, I knew very little when listening to her testimony during the first trial. I knew nothing at all about Travis Alexander beyond a few articles on the overall case. From that position I found the sex tape to be shocking. Not because of the pitiful phone sex but because of how Travis sounded. Quite frankly, he didn't come across as a nice guy. He sounded bored, judgemental and (like Arias) hypocritical. I am not embarrassed at feeling that way - nor should you be - as this was exactly how Arias had edited and constructed it all to sound. She wanted Travis at his worst and posed and repeated questions to highlight how 'nice' she was. It all failed spectacularly as much of what she said in that tape contradicted her later posturing as an exploited victim. Add her days of indulgent whining and screamingly obvious lies and her defence deteriorated rapidly.

Arias' arrogance and smug cruelty was highlighted on day one of Juan's cross. She blew Nurmi's efforts out of the water within minutes of the brilliant Martinez questioning her. She is a monster. An evil, manipulative, smug, calculating excuse for a human being. No one summed her up better than Travis. Juan and the family and friends of Travis painted a picture of a caring, sweet, hard working man. Like us all, he had flaws. Like you, I am in awe of Juan Martinez. What a champion for justice.

I came into this case because of the interview also on 48 hours. She was to calm and her vanity was showing. The thing that got me was No Jury Will Every Convict Me. Then I knew something was off. She was way to falsely confident. Then I came to WS and saw the thread and also came into this case when she was on the stand for all those days and showed her true colors.

Hey y'all! Long time no see. Been taking a break from trial watching as I have been moving. I'll definitely be tuning in for the Aurora shooter. Also, anyone know where to find the thread on the Shayna Hubars trial? Is it being streamed? Today's the first i've heard of it really....

Just dropping by to say that I saw Jodi's booking photo. Nothing gorgeous about her now - not that there ever really was. Jodi has aged significantly since this saga began, and it won't take long for her to deteriorate even more at Perryville. Arias' "glory days" are over, and she will learn to blend in with her fellow inmates or incur their wrath. Enjoy the long, hot summer, Jodi :angel:

As frustrating as the trial was at times, I think Judge Stephens made sure that there were absolutely no - zero,zip, zilch - grounds for successful appeal. I was edified :D to learn that JSS wanted Jodi to get the DP. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just dropping by to say that I saw Jodi's booking photo. Nothing gorgeous about her now - not that there ever really was. Jodi has aged significantly since this saga began, and it won't take long for her to deteriorate even more at Perryville. Arias' "glory days" are over, and she will learn to blend in with her fellow inmates or incur their wrath. Enjoy the long, hot summer, Jodi :angel:

As frustrating as the trial was at times, I think Judge Stephens made sure that there were absolutely no - zero,zip, zilch - grounds for successful appeal. I was edified :D to learn that JSS wanted Jodi to get the DP. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking at that photo again, it's really obvious that her face is sagging, as is mine I should add! Nothing wrong with that. But it makes me want to come up with some adage like: "Gravity, like the truth, can't be overcome."

BTW: Bette Davis is one of my favorite actresses. I can watch any of her movies umpteen times. :)

Looking at that photo again, it's really obvious that her face is sagging, as is mine I should add! Nothing wrong with that. But it makes me want to come up with some adage like: "Gravity, like the truth, can't be overcome."

BTW: Bette Davis is one of my favorite actresses. I can watch any of her movies umpteen times. :)

Mine, too, but I've got 30 years on Arias :D

YES OR NO!!!!!????? :p

"Well, it's YOUR fog !..."

I found this ...

[video=youtube;zGueroNxp8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGueroNxp8c[/video]

^^^^^

I find her so hideous, even in the first photo, the way she has her lips set and her head tilted and the dreadful fake hair.... You know she went to that convention purposely to lock onto Mr. Alexander. She had to have seen him at a previous "do" or else online in her PPL materials followed up with Facebook.

BBM That reminds me of this lyric from radiohead's song Fake Plastic Trees:

"He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
but gravity always wins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics