Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you consider prisoners people. Discuss.

Yes. There are people who post on this site who have a friend, family member or loved one serving time in prison. Myself included. I don't believe inmates are less than human. It's true there are dangerous inmates who should never be allowed to be around others but by no means all of them.

Are you feeling worried that Perryville, which houses MAXIMUM security inmates, doesn't know how to properly classify, contain, and control their prisoners? Arias will be assigned to a maximum security status and she will have to earn her way out of that. One would think Arias is the only murderer that prison has ever dealt with. I bet they know more about controlling murderers than Sheriff Joe.

NO, why should I be worried?

Just when I thought those unique individuals couldn't be anymore 'unique'

That is off the charts & generally worrying for their mental states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And MDLR is smack dab in the middle of them. That's scary in itself.

Just a little off topic, but after trying to digest this whole fiasco, I was wondering what Nurmi and Willmott's reputation is in the legal community. Does anyone know? I don't hold either of them in very high esteem. I know that they are defense atty. and they have slimey clients, but I found the angles that were used and the incessant focus on sex to be perverted. JA is perverted but I would have thought the atty. would have a little more class. Just a rambling thought.

I agree. Can you imagine KN or JW trying to pad their resumes with this case the way it ended? Although they probably both will. They have no shame.

MOO

Yep, it's a hollow "W" on paper only (oh, excuse me, per Nurmi himself - with MDLR smiling in the background - it was a "V" for Victory)

Ugh.

Just like Jose Baez, stooped low, but got the "W" in a high profile case. Makes me sick.

If the juror really was stealth it's still up to the lawyers, and in this case, the prosecution lawyer, to have weeded her out. There is no two ways about it, as much as we like Juan it was his job to uncover any pro defense or anti DP bias any of them had and use one of his strikes to get rid of her, it could be argued that he should have checked to see if he had prosecuted her ex husband in the past. I am not playing devils advocate, by saying this, it's just the truth. It was his job during jury selection, if it didn't work out, then that's just the way the chips fall really. It doesn't mean I didn't think Juan did a great job, and I love watching him in action, I still think he's great.

Especially in JODIS trial. He had to of known of MDLR shenanigans in the last 2 years. Sure it wouldn't be feasible to Do IIn depth digging on the initial 600.. But he could've had another ADA or paralegal do some digging on the final 20 or so. There was atleast 3 jurors with major concerns that made it through and probably should not have

I believe if there was a sentence that would make CMJA spend the rest of her life in solitary that would be a good settlement between LWOP and DP. If I knew she would be alone for the rest of her life, like DP without the D, most would be satisfied. I think there should be something in between the two. It would make me feel a little better about a 11-1 split. Especially knowing she would be alone for the rest of her life.

Steve44, please forgive me for not going back to quote your post.

Donovan was one of the first people that was tweeting for JA. The phone calls between the two would result in Donovan tweeting for JA. However, once JA was a felon Donovan was no longer allowed to have contact with her since she was herself on parole. My guess is that she is no longer on parole since she was once again in court for this retrial.

I'm sure that if I am misremembering this someone will chime in!

If I am remembering correctly she only gets one appeal that the state will pay for.

Iirc. She gets one appeal that isn't very In depth. It'll be rubber stamped and Affirm the trial courts conviction. She's not going anywhere

Especially in JODIS trial. He had to of known of MDLR shenanigans in the last 2 years. Sure it wouldn't be feasible to Do IIn depth digging on the initial 600.. But he could've had another ADA or paralegal do some digging on the final 20 or so. There was atleast 3 jurors with major concerns that made it through and probably should not have

Exactly right, this case was high profile and we're talking about the RETRIAL of the penalty phase, so stealth jurors were always a huge risk, we were talking about the possibility of stealth jurors here all the way though, so why didn't his office do some fine tooth (or even not so fine tooth) checking on the final 20, at the very least? The second it was discovered her first husband was prosecuted by Juan inside a day of their wedding she would have been history, no questions asked. If Twitter could have uncovered her past and connection to Juan within hours of learning her name, then of course the prosecutors office could have. There is just no denying it. Prosecution fail.

Just a little off topic, but after trying to digest this whole fiasco, I was wondering what Nurmi and Willmott's reputation is in the legal community. Does anyone know? I don't hold either of them in very high esteem. I know that they are defense atty. and they have slimey clients, but I found the angles that were used and the incessant focus on sex to be perverted. JA is perverted but I would have thought the atty. would have a little more class. Just a rambling thought.

Nurmi had just opened his private practice, specializing in defending accused sex offenders, when he was forced to continue defending JA, so I assume he'll be popular among wealthy accused sex-offenders. I don't think anything related to class, in the moral/ethical sense, is any of his concern.

Wilmont doesn't strike me as very intelligent, she may have gotten by on looks and gender in her younger days, but those days are long gone, and becoming more and more distant.

Defense attorneys who spare their client the DP become popular for that trick, so I suppose the future holds more of the same for those unfortunate enough to be in their valence.

Yes. There are people who post on this site who have a friend, family member or loved one serving time in prison. Myself included. I don't believe inmates are less than human. It's true there are dangerous inmates who should never be allowed to be around others but by no means all of them.

And the ones who are not dangerous should NOT have to be subjected to Jodi Arias!

Are you feeling worried that Perryville, which houses MAXIMUM security inmates, doesn't know how to properly classify, contain, and control their prisoners? Arias will be assigned to a maximum security status and she will have to earn her way out of that. One would think Arias is the only murderer that prison has ever dealt with. I bet they know more about controlling murderers than Sheriff Joe.

I did feel a bit deflated after seeing Sheriff Arpaio say he planned to shut down her outside and media contacts, and deny her an audience- then in the next post he admitted he had hit a 'legal snag'....... so modern communications do make it challenging. I did like the person who responded to him "She's in prison and you can't control her? Shove her azz in the tents with NO PHONE!"

Nurmi had just opened his private practice, specializing in defending accused sex offenders, when he was forced to continue defending JA, so I assume he'll be popular among wealthy accused sex-offenders. I don't think anything related to class, in the moral/ethical sense, is any of his concern.

Wilmont doesn't strike me as very intelligent, she may have gotten by on looks and gender in her younger days, but those days are long gone, and becoming more and more distant.

Defense attorneys who spare their client the DP become popular for that trick, so I suppose the future holds more of the same for those unfortunate enough to be in their valence.

I don't know why anyone would want to hire them for the simple reason that they've done everything they can to string out the trial and garner large paychecks for themselves. If you retained them, you'd be paying for a lot of doing nothing, getting some bogus "experts", and filing bogus motions.

I think most of the readers here would be amazed at how little the majority of the citizens of Arizona know in detail, or care, about this case. As envolved as I have been, there has only been 1 friend who has kept up with it, and that was the first trial. The few times I have brought it up casually in a group, nobody has said a word. I might as well have said I'd seen bigfoot.

I did feel a bit deflated after seeing Sheriff Arpaio say he planned to shut down her outside and media contacts, and deny her an audience- then in the next post he admitted he had hit a 'legal snag'....... so modern communications do make it challenging. I did like the person who responded to him "She's in prison and you can't control her? Shove her azz in the tents with NO PHONE!"

I'm betting it has something to do with the likelihood that Jodi's DT is the mediator for Jodi's Twitter account. Sheriff Joe can intervene between an inmate and her defense team: no listening to phone calls, no limitations on visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV