Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

With the money from her art sales and donations for the appeal several thousand if rumors are true. Would she still be considered
indignent?

All these tweets are pathetic and as for the posts on that ridiculous innocent site calling the 11 jurors pedo huggers and mocking the Alexander family well they are just beyond disgusting. I'd love to out the people writing them to their family friends colleagues and neighbors. Put up their pictures along with their vile nonsense on every billboard everywhere along with the ejits who post in support of them. But they aren't worth the effort, they are so deluded they wouldn't care and the universe has a way of sorting these things out eventually.

Just because you don't like the way someone defended their client does not mean they did anything illegal. In fact they didn't. JSS did nothing to be disbarred over. It is not a whim but would have to be over something serious.

While people may not like this defense team, JA is entitled to a rigorous defense. They were trying to save her life and I know it is disgusting what happened but they followed the rules and worked out the disgusting plan and it was legal.

I have no problem with people not liking people for their tactics, but in the end everyone here had a job to do and did it.
JSS whether you like it or not made it so JA will not have any good appeals. She bent over backwards to make sure JA's rights were not compromised.

1st BBM: Disagree: We do NOT KNOW for certain if they did anything "illegal" considering what has surfaced these past few days since the mistrial announcement ...

However, maybe "unethical" would be a better choice of words.

I never thought I'd see a defense team that would stoop lower than Jose Baez and Cheney Mason ... and IMO, Nurmi and Wilmott stooped lower than Baez and Mason, and lower than a snake's belly :gaah:

The 11 DP JURORS were clear in the statements about this defense: they did NOT buy anything they were "selling" ... they did NOT believe the "*advertiser censored* issues" were relevant ... they did NOT believe Travis was an "abuser" as the defense repeatedly stated he was ... etc.

2nd BBM: Remember when JSS closed the courtroom so JA could testify privately ?

Well it was appealed -- JSS got overturned -- BIG mistake on JSS's part to cater to a murderer who was already found GUILTY of pre-med murder !

And, it was a waste of a lot of time and money ... Even an 8th grade civic student would know that you do not close the courtroom down to the media and public :gaah:

All JMO and MOO !

Yes, JA's mother made a post the evening before the verdict to the effect - I'm asking everyone to pray tonight like they've never prayed before. It only takes one juror to prevent the death penalty. We got this!
I'd be afraid to pray like that. Something about opening a doorway to hell.

She's going to bring them all together in a kumbaya book club and teach everyone Spanish remember? So there will be no race or ethnic divide. They will all be one big happy bilingual group. Plus she'll help them to understand the importance of recycling, teach them to trace pictures and how to use two hands instead of one to get through the lonely nights. She's going to affect change and everyone will be so grateful that she came to their prison to spread sunshine and rainbows.

Well at least I think that's what was on the PowerPoint. It was so long ago. :dunno:

MOO

BBM:

OMG, I hope she doesn't include a self demonstration, she will never get a lover.

I will be ok with LWOP, but I'm still worried that she might get LWP. I pray that JSS doesn't give her this.

:seeya: I agree, Luv ! BUT, with all eyes on JSS, Juror #17, the DT, etc. because of what the 11 DP JURORS have stated, I think JSS will have NO alternative but to sentence her to the MAX.

All JMO and MOO !

All these tweets are pathetic and as for the posts on that ridiculous innocent site calling the 11 jurors pedo huggers and mocking the Alexander family well they are just beyond disgusting. I'd love to out the people writing them to their family friends colleagues and neighbors. Put up their pictures along with their vile nonsense on every billboard everywhere along with the ejits who post in support of them. But they aren't worth the effort, they are so deluded they wouldn't care and the universe has a way of sorting these things out eventually.

If only it would stop at that... I just came across a post from that person(InconvenientTruths) with a tweet one of them posted, allegedly from Tanisha(has her pic on it), .... I labeled it under my pics as "scumdidthis", that's how bad it is.:sick::mad:

I could play a prison guard. I'll practice my morose look of disgust for when she offers me hers 'favors' for an extra cookie on her dinner tray.

Don't guards get their own "stun gun"??!

Too little too late. Some on that site are really mentally disturbed IMO. Anyone who would wish death on an 82 year old sheriff for doing his job *Sheriff Joe* has some serious issues. M.R.= :busted:

I just looked and the list of juror names is STILL on that website. I tried to copy it so I could send it to JM or anyone who could use it, but it wont copy. Tried right click, it hilites, but it wont copy. Hopefully somebody already has it copied and can prove it came from that website.

I truly do wish I could accept this verdict and it not bother me, but I would be lying if I said I don't care about the results or how it came to be. The memory of it will always bring me back to a very sad and unjust day in our court system. Every time I see that happen it seems to stick with me forever.

All throughout this case I posted often about my fears that Travis' life and death would not be valued as much by this jury as many other jurors do when the victim is female and the defendant is a man. So, when I first heard they were hung, I wasn't surprised. That is what I expected. What I did not expect was a rogue juror. One juror who was able to tear the very fabric of our justice system to shreds with one vote. I will not lie, it hit me hard in the gut leaving me in tears and the memory of that injustice will forever remain.

There have been other dark days which have left indelible scars on our justice system beside JAs where justice was snatched away from the victims and I remember them all. I have always been a firm believer in justice for ALL. I hate when gender of either the offender or the victim is taken into account. It often changed the proper outcome whether the murderer was let off scott free or the punishment was incorrect based on the evidence entered including aggravators and mitigation.

But my faith was renewed when I found out that eleven out of the twelve wanted very badly to give death to JA.....not because they are vengeful people but they took all of the evidence and came to the only verdict that suited the crime that had been carried out against Travis.

And then there was one.:(

And that one made a mockery out the justice system. We as a society... should want any juror who commits perjury (if the investigations shows this to be true) to be punished. If the DA doesn't send a strong message to the community where jurors are picked from... that this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated...... then they are opening the flood gates for more rogue jurors to get on high profile cases. If not the lone wolf will know even if they lie to get on the jury there will be no repercussions from it by the state attorney's office.

If she lied about anything I do want her to be prosecuted. No one should be above the law. If she lied she not only caused undue pain and suffering to the Alexander family, she also caused much pain to her fellow jurors and rendered an unjust vote devaluing Travis' life. We just cant allow for these kind of jurors to be on death penalty trials.

As far as my opinion personally, I don't take much comfort having to settle for less knowing she is just going to prison instead of death row. I doubt Travis's siblings do either.

If there ever was a case that warranted the death penalty it certainly was this case. The punishment of death should have been rendered because the evidence supported nothing else. IMO

:goodpost: :goodpost:

:seeya: Hitting the Thanks button was not enough ... very well done !

I know the men's prison in Arizona is largely divided by race gangs black white mexican etc and most of the times each gang take care of themselves only mixing for certain "business" or to fight. Is this the case with the womens prison? I've heard that women prisoners divide into families but are they determined by race or is it something else. Just wondering how Jodi will fit herself into this.

Not that I particularly care what justice her future Perrybff's bestow upon her when she starts correcting their grammar/spelling, but I seem to recall her not wanting to appear ethnic and it wasn't just for Hallowe'en, at least not until it seemed to benefit her(what was that threat she made in court... mexican necktie?), so I'm sure there will be some misunderstandings that she will be in a hurry to clean up...

I just looked and the list of juror names is STILL on that website. I tried to copy it so I could send it to JM or anyone who could use it, but it wont copy. Tried right click, it hilites, but it wont copy. Hopefully somebody already has it copied and can prove it came from that website.

I would imagine they already have it since it appears it is being investigated by the MCSO. Dunno', I don't get into that type of thing. I don't need a summons to appear, LOL

I think JA will eventually team up with Marrissa DeVault and whatever "crew" she's put together from jail acquaintances who went there before her. I think JA has already been working that angle. No idea if Angela Simpson would be part of that or would be a rival.

MOO

From what I understand about Angela Simpson from an interview I saw with her.. She has no respect for liars. She expects the truth and she has no qualms about telling it exactly how it is. We all know cmja has a lot of trouble with the truth and refuses it all together. I'm guessing Angela and Jodi may not become friends.. Who knows though! They may end up getting married in there!

From what I understand about Angela Simpson from an interview I saw with her.. She has no respect for liars. She expects the truth and she has no qualms about telling it exactly how it is. We all know cmja has a lot of trouble with the truth and refuses it all together. I'm guessing Angela and Jodi may not become friends.. Who knows though! They may end up getting married in there!
Talk about abusive relationships! Fonseca would have a coronary, or an 'O'.

Jodi has to have been twittering from jail via MDLR, because if she had been doing it through anyone else, the tweeter could simply have been struck off JA's "phone call approved" list by Sheriff Joe. The jail authorities would soon have been able to find out who the tweeter is by simply listening to JA's phone calls. They can't, however, listen to the ones that involved the defense team and they can't prevent calls between JA and the DT. This might be why Sheriff Joe is having "legal" issues trying to get Jodi's twitter feed shut down.

Now that JA is no longer under threat of the DP, has MDLR been moved to another case? If not, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove