Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upthread someone reposted that JAII had removed the jurors names from their site. I am sure this was probably discussed earlier (as it was a post in the 600's on this thread) but that is not true - I just checked. In fact they have reposted the jurors names and numbers (it's on there twice). I'm curious if they find out who leaked the list.

Lol.. Simpson and arias world's would clash. Devault And arias?? Definitely BFFs. I'm sure theres already a bunkie request in.
I think I read somewhere they couldn't request cellmates, and they intentionally rotated them out periodically. That may have been for Estrella though.

Talk about abusive relationships! Fonseca would have coronary, or an 'O'.

You crack me up! :giggle:

I thought 'ol Angie was on Death Row. Am I wrong? And what are the chances of JA running into Marissa D. in the general population?

Upthread someone reposted that JAII had removed the jurors names from their site. I am sure this was probably discussed earlier (as it was a post in the 600's on this thread) but that is not true - I just checked. In fact they have reposted the jurors names and numbers (it's on there twice). I'm curious if they find out who leaked the list.
They must not think there's any legal action that can be taken against them. Maybe there isn't, I don't know.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ex-husband-prosecuted-juan-martinez/24532359/
It's not clear if she realized Martinez prosecuted her ex-husband. And if she did, why she didn't disclose it. In a statement, Maricopa County Attorney spokesman Jerry Cobb said: "We are aware of these issues and are looking into them. Beyond that we are not commenting further at the moment."
During a news conference Thursday after the mistrial was declared in the Arias penalty phase, Juan Martinez said, "Sometimes the outcome is what you hope. Other times it's what the system provides you so you accept it and you move on."
When it comes to a motion for a new trial, Arizona Revised Statutes, Rules of Criminal Procedure specifically states: "To impeach the verdict whenever the validity is challenged the court may receive the testimony or affidavit of any witness, including members of the jury, which relates to the conduct of a juror, official of the court, or third person. No testimony or affidavit shall be received which inquires into the subjective motives or mental processes which led a juror to assent or dissent from the verdict."

JMO, but it doesn't matter what was in the juror's head. What matters is that she did not disclose to the "judge", and the prosecution, that she had changed her stance on the death penalty and could not state under what circumstances it should be applied (the DT already was well aware of this, IMO). It appears that she was in contact with people who had an interest in the outcome of the trial--MdlR in particular. (So now we know what MdlR kept texting and twittering about during the trial. And maybe what JA was telling her.) Juror #17 may have been in contact with Sandy Arias (hence her comment "We have it" before the jury returned to the court). She may have been in contact with JW as well.

As well Juror #17, ie. SC, refused to discuss the case with other jurors. She was not fulfilling her job as juror. She brought into the jury room the content of a Lifetime movie about JA. She was, in effect, contaminating the deliberations by bringing in information that was not part of any of the phases of the trial. In other words, isn't it possible that Juror #17's actions could be seen as tampering with the jury? It doesn't matter what she was thinking--it could have been a nice payoff from the Enquirer, it could have been TV interviews, it could be that she had a tectonic shift in her philosophy regarding the death penalty. It doesn't matter. It is what she did, her actions, her behaviour, her words that should be reviewed and judged.

JMO, but after what she did, both KN and JW owe #17 a ton of free legal services. so if #17 was prosecuted on any charge, her defence shouldn't cost the taxpayers of Arizona a cent!

Simpson is a lifer. She was just like, yeah i did It. Snitches wind up in ditches. I'm not going to give you a sad story. Buh bye
She's pretty much opposite JA in every way, except the psychopath part. I don't see a fast friendship.

She's pretty much opposite JA in every way, except the psychopath part. I don't see a fast friendship.

I'm thinkin' I need to re-watch her interview and remind myself that JA may very well run into her. Can you imagine?

In fact, she may want to teach JA all about real abuse. "See Jodi, I'm starting my own prison program, thanks for the idea."

Interesting article. However, I did notice the murdered inmates were all male. Besides the obvious (JA is a murderous female) I don't think she is as likely as a male prisoner to be murdered. JMO.

Yeh actually I looked for reports of violent behavior in Perryville as well and couldn't find anything much in MSM. There's a few blogs but I don't think they're linkable and mainly about abuse from guards and poor conditions.
I have to admit I am interested in how Jodi will cope with prison. For one I would like to reassure myself that it isn't going to be easy and I don't think it will be. Another reason though is that she's such a strange character. She seems to live in her own world and have the ability to escape into her own head and believe her version of reality. I wonder if this will change in the prison environment or if it will get worse.
I think it will get worse until a certain breaking point then I don't know how she will react to facing real reality.
I guess I'm just nosey and for the sake of the family of Travis I hope she will go quietly.

I just looked and the list of juror names is STILL on that website. I tried to copy it so I could send it to JM or anyone who could use it, but it wont copy. Tried right click, it hilites, but it wont copy. Hopefully somebody already has it copied and can prove it came from that website.

I recently learned how to do 'screenshot' - find out how to do those - it's addicting because you can do it soooo quickly! Downside (for me on Mac) is that I have to go back and individually open each one to name it something recognizable so I can find it again, lol!

Also, don't forget you can screenshot Google Cache things, too :D

I recently learned how to do 'screenshot' - find out how to do those - it's addicting because you can do it soooo quickly! Downside (for me on Mac) is that I have to go back and individually open each one to name it something recognizable so I can find it again, lol!

Also, don't forget you can screenshot Google Cache things, too :D

LOL.....it took me about a year on here before I could even figure out how to post. I went ahead and took pics of the pages with my cell phone but then somebody on here threw out the "don't want to get subpoenaed" thing so I will just end up deleting them. Should learn how to do the screen shot thing anyway though.....

While the talk has shifted to JA being sent behind bars, I'm wondering what will happen to the DT.

Since much of the *advertiser censored* testimony in the penalty phase was, IIRC, establishing grounds for the DT to appeal the guilty verdict, will KN press on?
Could this happen in the thirty days before the sentencing "deadline" of April 13?

If KN wins this, will JA be walking around free while waiting for the retrial of the original sentence?
Will the trial that never ends have yet another phase?

The convolutions of this trial could easily form the plotline of a soap opera titled (with apologies to Carol Burnett) As The Stomach Churns.

Now I am wondering if JA didn't allocate because they knew juror 17's intention. It didn't make sense at the time, but now it does. No reason to give a fake apology in public. I thought I would feel better when this all ended, but the way this went down is not a relief at all.

Yeh actually I looked for reports of violent behavior in Perryville as well and couldn't find anything much in MSM. There's a few blogs but I don't think they're linkable and mainly about abuse from guards and poor conditions.
I have to admit I am interested in how Jodi will cope with prison. For one I would like to reassure myself that it isn't going to be easy and I don't think it will be. Another reason though is that she's such a strange character. She seems to live in her own world and have the ability to escape into her own head and believe her version of reality. I wonder if this will change in the prison environment or if it will get worse.
I think it will get worse until a certain breaking point then I don't know how she will react to facing real reality.
I guess I'm just nosey and for the sake of the family of Travis I hope she will go quietly.

I really believe the people she has aligned herself with has fed into her narcissism. Her delusions become grander and more unrealistic as time goes on. I believe partly because she's in an information bubble and relies on her circle almost entirely to tell her what's going on. I have like you always been intrigued at her level of delusion she lives entirely in her own version of reality that doesn't exist. Its bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem