Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I wonder if Jodi will try to correct her new roommate's grammar? :happydance:
I'm not grammar whiz, but every time Jodi says "he and I" instead of "him and me" it annoyed the bejeebees out of me. (Out of me it annoyed the bejeebees?):waitasec:

From Jen:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 15m15 minutes ago

#jodiarias visitors banned!

http://www.mcso.org/MultiMedia/PressRelease/JodiAriasBan.pdf …

From Erickson:

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 34s35 seconds ago

#JodiArias BREAKING NEWS. MCSO has banned 10 Arias visitors and lists a long line of jail policy violations.

http://tinyurl.com/k2sa5lx

WOW!!! What a read. ja has great timing. All this will go straight into the report for the prison for their perusal. I'm sure they will find the stuff about the 15 yo girls interesting.....ja's trouble, with a capital T. But, we knew that already.
Go Sheriff Joe!

It's funny because I just saw the info about Sheriff Joe banning 10 visitors and saw your comment and thought oh they must already know. Lol. What a timely comment hez.
Who are the 10 banned visitors? Surely they are names we've heard before.

Regarding her hostility towards the Alexander's, expressed in Tweets blaming them for destroying his reputation, dragging him through his own blood,etc. first, keep in mind that this whole abuse story never entered her mind until two years after she was arrested. The reason she latched onto it in the first place is because it's the one strategy that gave her any kind of advantage in the situation she found herself in by that time. When she was claiming she wasn't there, and then that the Ninja's did it, there was no mention of an abusive Travis, in fact she was all praise for him, and since that was the truth, by attaching her story to it, it lent credence to her entire lie, but when all of that didn't work, she again stepped away from responsibility in the only way available; she did it, but in self-defense, he was abusive, so she needed to defend herself.

Back to why she's sending hurtful messages about the Alexander's. First, it supports her whole abuse lie, but more importantly in her mind they are trying to hurt her, and she can't permit herself not to gain the advantage by hurting them even more. Never mind that the way they are trying to hurt her is by insisting she take responsibility for her actions, or insisting that the truth is other than her lie (which it is). The truth of it is meaningless to her, being in the dominant position, being believed over all others, is the only thing important to her, and she will attack anything that threatens that position, not that she actually holds that position in anything other than her own mind, and in those who choose to pretend along with her.

Really well written post.

I also believe that JA does feel attacked by the Alexander family because they wanted her put to death. They did not want the death penalty taken off the table. When the plea bargaining was going down, JA wanted to plead guilty to second degree murder which would have had her out in twelve years. She warned everyone at the time that if they did not give her what she wanted that she would destroy Travis's reputation. So that is what she and her supporters and the DT set out to do. They repeated the lies ad nauseum using the advice of that master manipulator and propagandist, Joseph Goebbels: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

The eleven jurors, contrary to the DT's efforts to persuade them through their vindictive falsehoods and insulting cross-examinations, were not swayed. They saw through to the truth of Travis Alexander's character. Just like the Alexander family, they spoke the truth as they had realized it through their court experience. And, as a result, they were targeted by JA's supporters.

To paraphrase Geobbels: It thus became vitally important for the Defence Team to use all of its powers to ridicule and denigrate the Prosecution's witnesses, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth about Travis Alexander is the greatest enemy of Jodi Arias.

:thinking:

:thinking: Can you imagine how the Trial and Sentencing Phase would have been handled IF:

Sheriff Joe was the JUDGE instead of [cough cough cough ] JSS ?

:great: :great: :great: Would have been a whole different ballgame !

IMO, the jurors who spoke after the verdict had every right to voice their own opinions on the case, but not voice an opinion about the other jurors like they did. I didn't like that. Had they said it was 11-1 and left it at that, speaking only of their own vote, it would have been okay. However, the presser was a condemnation of the dissenting jurors vote and even going into detail of her conversations in deliberation.

Like I said, I did not like that. Deliberations are done in secret on purpose.

It wasn't a condemnation of her vote. It was about her refusal to participate. It was about her refusing to explain 'why' she was against the DP in this case.

As far as deliberations done in secret - maybe her husband shouldn't have given an on-camera interview.

I had no idea they did video visit with the person being in their own home. I thought it was they had to go to the jail go into a video like room with a bunch of other people (like with CA jail videos I saw). It is just crazy to me the system works the way it does. So basically the person at home can do or show whatever the want to the inmate. I feel if you want to visit the inmate you have to go to the jail and do it.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 3m3 minutes ago
MCSO: #jodiarias accused of advising man how to donate money to her in a trust to keep it away from Alexander family.

From Troy Hayden:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 4m4 minutes ago

MCSO: #jodiarias accused of advising man how to donate money to her in a trust to keep it away from Alexander family.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 2m2 minutes ago

Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in. #JodiArias

What a *DEAL*!!! That is so ridiculous!! I was so happy to hear that they only make 0.35 cents and hour, but after seeing the commissary prices I see that their humble wages will go quite far in there!!!

I believe some of the inmates only make $.10 per hour. If Jodi owes restitution, she will be paying it back out of that. Let's hope she has to clean toilets and only nets $.05 per hour, after the restitution is garnished..... If she gets full-time work (which she might not, since she'll have to qualify aka behave herself and opportunities are very limited for Max-ers), it'll take 2 hours of work to get a bubble pack of mayo; a whole week to pay for a jar of peanut butter; a whole day to buy a bottle of water or a diet coke; all month to get a *ugly pair of Nikes; and, get this, 2 years to buy that TV! Bwahahaha!

And.....I think that commissary list is old.

It says FINAL opinions. That doesn't mean that the jurors can't go back and forth (internally) during the trial about what their opinion is in regards to whether JA received life or death. I'm sure many jurors go back and forth (in their own mind) throughout trials on their opinions but don't actually make a final decision until deliberations (discussions with other jurors).

Does that make it clearer? I didn't realize it was confusing.

Not confusing at all. The 3 jurors interviewed said exactly that. Their opinions changed throughout the trial. NOT they were discussing with other jury members. Their own private thoughts!

Regarding her hostility towards the Alexander's, expressed in Tweets blaming them for destroying his reputation, dragging him through his own blood,etc. first, keep in mind that this whole abuse story never entered her mind until two years after she was arrested. The reason she latched onto it in the first place is because it's the one strategy that gave her any kind of advantage in the situation she found herself in by that time. When she was claiming she wasn't there, and then that the Ninja's did it, there was no mention of an abusive Travis, in fact she was all praise for him, and since that was the truth, by attaching her story to it, it lent credence to her entire lie, but when all of that didn't work, she again stepped away from responsibility in the only way available; she did it, but in self-defense, he was abusive, so she needed to defend herself.

Back to why she's sending hurtful messages about the Alexander's. First, it supports her whole abuse lie, but more importantly in her mind they are trying to hurt her, and she can't permit herself not to gain the advantage by hurting them even more. Never mind that the way they are trying to hurt her is by insisting she take responsibility for her actions, or insisting that the truth is other than her lie (which it is). The truth of it is meaningless to her, being in the dominant position, being believed over all others, is the only thing important to her, and she will attack anything that threatens that position, not that she actually holds that position in anything other than her own mind, and in those who choose to pretend along with her.

I just don't think she cares and she enjoys hurting them. She loves to egg on her supporters and she loves the mayhem she creates. To her any attention is an awesome thing. She wants them to think she is still powerful and can get people to follow her.

From Pitts:
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 22s22 seconds ago

BREAKING: Sheriff's office BANS #JodiArias visitors. Full statement:

(Maricopa County, AZ) Maricopa County...

http://fb.me/6klbZbyla

BREAKING: Sheriff's office BANS ‪#‎JodiArias‬ visitors. Full statement:

(Maricopa County, AZ) Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, citing various violations of jail video visitation policies, today is banning ten (10) of inmate Jodi Arias’ most regular visitors. The ten are not only regular visitors to the high profile inmate but are also responsible for assisting Arias in her prolific use of social media. Arpaio says the ten visitors who no longer can visit with Arias are being banned for violations such as using cell phones for photographic purposes and/or using other people’s names/accounts in order to gain access to Arias. One of those being banned is a video visitor from Greece. He is using a false ID to gain access to her. One person on the banned list, for example, is a convicted felon who circumvented the video visitation system by using another person’s name. Arpaio says he may expand the ban to of all non-legal video visits to Arias because of some information that has come to light from his jail Intel/monitoring team. The team reported to Arpaio that recently parents of two 15 year old girls from Ohio caught the girls video visiting Arias for no reason other than their fixation with the high profile inmate. The parents prohibited the girls from continuing contact with her. Now Arias has been seen by Jail Intel officials instructing the 15 year olds as to how to get false IDs in order to continue the visits. “In her thirst for adoration and attention, Arias is willing to corrupt these young girls, all to satisfy her own narcissism. That needs to stop,” Arpaio says. That ban will be effective by close of business today, Tuesday, March 10, 2015

What i still can't understand is HOW did J Arias get people to follow her and believe her lies, those foolish people will do anything for her and they haven't ever met her? What is it about her? She came onto our screens through the murder of Travis Alexander and instead of bowing her head in shame she threw out this arrogant attitude to the public. No shame knowing the world has seen her private parts even her own family seeing those photos, and listening to herself sex talking on tape in court, she has got to be perverted. Just imagine she is locked up and can still draw people to her, can't get my head around it all. I have a question, with all the underhanded actions of MDLR, how was she reinstated again or so i'v read? I hope and pray when she is locked away for life she will not have power to torment Travis family, God love them they need peace. I'm not a great poster but i come here daily to read, thank you for being here. Bronagh in Ireland.

Respectfully, how the Alexander family chooses to handle things now and in the future is entirely their call. There is no right or wrong. I hope they know that as they walk the difficult paths in the future, prayers continue to be with them.

It is true there is no such thing as closure. I think whoever manufactured the idea of "closure" has probably caused unintentional extra pain for the grieving. It's a false concept. The grieving need to know we are with them, and we remember their loved one. And there is no time clock on that.

OMG Thank you! Every person has their own way of coping and their own timeline of grieving and healing. In my opinion, it's kind of condescending to tell someone else how they should feel. I know some people mean well when they say those things, but in reality, it really sucks to be told that basically you're stupid for feeling the way you do. It's very hurtful.

harumph. :please: :please:

:thinking:

:thinking: Can you imagine how the trial and sentencing phase would have been handled if:

Sheriff joe was the judge instead of [cough cough cough ] jss ?

:great: :great: :great: Would have been a whole different ballgame !

amen!!!

It says FINAL opinions. That doesn't mean that the jurors can't go back and forth (internally) during the trial about what their opinion is in regards to whether JA received life or death. I'm sure many jurors go back and forth (in their own mind) throughout trials on their opinions but don't actually make a final decision until deliberations (discussions with other jurors).

Does that make it clearer? I didn't realize it was confusing.

I think this is exactly right. I sat for days and tried to deliberate and think about my decision based on the tweets and trial reports, In the end, I went back and forth a lot of times, settling on the DP after hearing the Jurors and how they approached in the end. But they said there was a 50-50 split in the beginning and they all worked together to decide what was right. Well all except one. I think if you can not be flexible and willing to listen then you should not be a juror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela