Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are assuming there will be an investigation... i personally think they have reviewed the documents from 3/3-3/5 including the questions and jss analysis of the situation...probably looked at voir dire including questionaire and if nothing stands out there which it does not seem to it is done.

Not according to County Attorneys office. I think they will subpoena her phone records, computer, online activity, etc to prove she lied or intentionally obstructed justice. They will have more time and resources allocated than what they could accomplish in that short window of time.

That was after she slit his throat and in that picture she was in the middle of dragging him back down the hall towards the bathroom. His throat had already been slit. The huge blood area where she slit his throat, at the end of the hall near his bedroom, was proof of where it happened. That was the conclusion during the guilt phase.

What makes me think he may have been facing down when she did that was simply because of the physics involved. That one stab mark just below his throat... some of his injuries were just so deliberate, the throat, the heart, the cluster on the back, the gunshot, the bruising on his legs, I'm sure if she could have slashed his throat while he was facing her she would have.

Not according to County Attorneys office. I think they will subpoena her phone records, computer, online activity, etc to prove she lied or intentionally obstructed justice. They will have more time and resources allocated than what they could accomplish in that short window of time.

I hope that whatever they are able to do, they do, AND I hope the state will use this opportunity to figure out how they can best approach voir dire in the future to prevent, as much as possible, stealth jurors or jurors with red flags waving, ending up on a jury panel.

and found the non-disclosed record of her ex while they were together and the fact that Juan was involved and the charges included 1st degree murder. Not that the DT wouldn't have still argued against her removal.

But also the things she said-they were trying make her look at pictures and that they were trying to make her discus things that weren't "mitigating factors". WTH? It's about weighing aggravating and mitigating. Not just looking at mitigating. Even if she didn't do this intentionally and deliberately, more evidence we need IQ tests or something. Maybe she really believed it was just about mitigating-who knows-nothing surprises me anymore.

Court minutes about juror #17. JM tried to get her booted. A MUST READ.

you are assuming there will be an investigation... i personally think they have reviewed the documents from 3/3-3/5 including the questions and jss analysis of the situation...probably looked at voir dire including questionaire and if nothing stands out there which it does not seem to it is done.

That's what I think happened, if she'd lied on her questionnaire we'd have heard it about it by now, because I'm sure the DA is dying to wipe the egg off the state's face. So far *crickets* ;)

at that stage of the deliberations she would easily been seen as interfering with the vote of one person who had their mind made up...not a JSS fan here at all but that document indicates that at every stage of this mess she had case law backing her up....I think this will go no further and 17 will resume her life and be on Phil.

BBM: I have to agree, it really could have been seen that way. Did we really want the whole penalty phase thrown out and have to start completely over. I think not. JSS has bent over backwards to seem "fair" to the CMJA. I see a whole lot of her appeal process going down the tubes. I for one, do not believe that CMJA is going to go quietly into the night. She will have some backer some where footing the bill for her.

Since absolutely nothing can be done about the 'hung' verdict, what does everyone think the upcoming sentence will be?

I say natural LWOP or whatever they call it in AZ.

JA has shown no remorse. Chose not to have the presentencing interview with the Judge or make a statement to the jury. Didn't call any character witnesses at trial. Sat in the courtroom smirking and being as rude as she could be. Thumbs her nose at and shows not the slightest respect for the rules and authority in current prison.

i hope that jss sort of redeems her image at sentencing ...first the most severe she can which is natural life but then I would really like her to elaborate on the reasons for the sentence and get into the heinous nature of the crime...the lack of remorse and she could also throw in her contempt for the whole process and behavior during both trials. Call her evil...make some strong statements to let everyone know that this was an easy decision for her...we that have followed this trial have really heard very little from her and it is time for her to tell us what she is thinking. I am not sure that will happen but sure seems appropriate for a trial that has spanned this many years and cost the state of az so much time and money.

and found the non-disclosed record of her ex while they were together and the fact that Juan was involved and the charges included 1st degree murder. Not that the DT wouldn't have still argued against her removal.

But also the things she said-they were trying make her look at pictures and that they were trying to make her discus things that weren't "mitigating factors". WTH? It's about weighing aggravating and mitigating. Not just looking at mitigating. Even if she didn't do this intentionally and deliberately, more evidence we need IQ tests or something. Maybe she really believed it was just about mitigating-who knows-nothing surprises me anymore.

Yeah, she sounds as dumb as a box 'o rocks in the things she is quoted as saying in JSS's investigation and questioning. I'm still wondering how she slipped through the cracks and got on that jury panel in the first place.

Since absolutely nothing can be done about the 'hung' verdict, what does everyone think the upcoming sentence will be?

I say natural LWOP or whatever they call it in AZ.

JA has shown no remorse. Chose not to have the presentencing interview with the Judge or make a statement to the jury. Didn't call any character witnesses at trial. Sat in the courtroom smirking and being as rude as she could be. Thumbs her nose at and shows not the slightest respect for the rules and authority in current prison.

I think she's trying to push the "mental illness" with all of her shenanigans.. anything for an appeal, her "friends" still believe she's going to get her conviction overturned.

I'm glad to see Sheriff Joe finally found a loophole in order to slow down her antics.

The problem here, is Jodi now see's herself as a celebrity. She is walking down her own version of the red carpet.

Escaping the death penalty was a HUGE win for her. Apparently there are plenty of people that think she is too.

As long as Judge Stephens continues to delay sentencing, these antics and even more will continue.

For the life of me, I can't understand why she gave her a month before sentencing. 3 or 4 days, yeah, I can understand the argument.....but not a month.

If I recall correctly, she HAS to be sentenced within 60 days.......but I don't know of anything saying the process couldn't be accelerated at the judges discretion.

Exactly right -- especially since JA waived the pre-sentencing report. Why wait? I would have had my speech written and polished to a T. She would have put in her place immediately. And I would have made her stand up to hear it, forcefully, if necessary. :judge:

What makes me think he may have been facing down when she did that was simply because of the physics involved. That one stab mark just below his throat... some of his injuries were just so deliberate, the throat, the heart, the cluster on the back, the gunshot, the bruising on his legs, I'm sure if she could have slashed his throat while he was facing her she would have.

The whole sequence took about a minute so there wasn't much thinking or planning, if any, going on at during this. Adrenaline pumping, TA moving around, lots of chaos. One can never anticipate the actions or movements of another person. Fortunately she made enough mistakes that she got caught and nailed by so much evidence.

Ok, you two lemons (Tart & Felicity) need to pucker up (heh cause lemons will do that to ya) and make up. Lemons have to stick together, how else will we get lemonade?
connie_lemon.gif
connie_lemon.gif
10868239_918620134845044_1574724715342045443_n.jpg

Smooch! Yep. I would like to make something clear though. I was once given some fabulous advice about posting here: respond to the post, not to the poster. Consequently, when I read these posts, I rarely, rarely look at who posted what, lol! I respond to what's in the white background, and in this case, had paid no attention to what that poster was responding to. Seriously, when I read what Tart wrote, I thought "huh?" and had to backtrack *not easy* to find where I said what she said I did. :( My first impulse is always that I'm wrong, no matter what it is and I apologized in my first comment. Later, I thought more about it and saw someone else was putting words in my mouth, which is what I was being accused of. hooboy.

Anywhoo. I get reading and writing and catching up and don't pay attention to the person behind the words, just the words and I respond accordingly. I will now try to be more careful. I never meant to say or imply said that word about someone else. That was MY word for how I feel when someone tells me my feelings are inappropriate *again MY word* because that's how it feels. Oh, yes, and that includes a lifetime of someone telling me "you're too sensitive" *sigh* dagnabbit! I feels the way I feels and I yam what I yam - popeye.

and a hearty LOL at myself.

Thanks Madeleine74 for making me pucker up. :D :curtsey: and I actually do prefer my lemonade to be homemade and wee bit on the Tart side. badumpbump :drumroll:

Is anyone else having a problem with WS being wonky? I thought it was my internet connection but all other sites working fine....anyone?

Ive been trying to change the number of posts per page, and I'm back to 15 pages. Last thread was 34. Help anyone?

Isn't Arias on ANY kind of phone restriction, especially since she's in a secure solitary holding setting? I cannot imagine how she was allowed to have 27 video chats on Saturday, 20 minutes each. Good grief, she was on the phone/video half the day!! Appalling, to me at least!

Smooch! Yep. I would like to make something clear though. I was once given some fabulous advice about posting here: respond to the post, not to the poster. Consequently, when I read these posts, I rarely, rarely look at who posted what, lol! I respond to what's in the white background, and in this case, had paid no attention to what that poster was responding to. Seriously, when I read what Tart wrote, I thought "huh?" and had to backtrack *not easy* to find where I said what she said I did. :( My first impulse is always that I'm wrong, no matter what it is and I apologized in my first comment. Later, I thought more about it and saw someone else was putting words in my mouth, which is what I was being accused of. hooboy.

Anywhoo. I get reading and writing and catching up and don't pay attention to the person behind the words, just the words and I respond accordingly. I will now try to be more careful. I never meant to say or imply said that word about someone else. That was MY word for how I feel when someone tells me my feelings are inappropriate *again MY word* because that's how it feels. Oh, yes, and that includes a lifetime of someone telling me "you're too sensitive" *sigh* dagnabbit! I feels the way I feels and I yam what I yam - popeye.

and a hearty LOL at myself.

Thanks Madeleine74 for making me pucker up. :D :curtsey: and I actually do prefer my lemonade to be homemade and wee bit on the Tart side. badumpbump :drumroll:

You know what...I do the exact same thing. Respond to the words without even looking at who is saying what. gahhh. I know I've pissed off lots of people along the way because I do so love debating (really, it's like an illness) and I'm only debating words and ideas. But I also find mirth in noticing certain things like some usernames that seem to go together so you and Tart are connected even if you don't want to be! ;-) Cheers!

I think there is an investigation going on. There is no way they are going to publicly talk about it till it is concluded. Why would they tip their hands to anyone that may become part of their investigation? I cannot see the defense team being part of the investigation, that is why there are no leaks. I also believe that if there was not an investigation going on we would be hearing from the 11jurors and Alexander's to pressure for an investigation. I know I would be very vocal about it if i was in their place.

Please..do not throw stones! I was on a jury for a murder trial..found defendant guilty. After reading the the released document where JSS left 17 on the jury, I believe 17 did deliberate. I do not think she was a plant, etc. Jurors see and hear things differently than people who are in the gallery or getting info by tweet. Even jurors do not see eye to eye..that was my experience. Rather than piling on, I respect her for standing up to eleven others who were pressuring her. She had to be able to come to terms with her decision not us. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to give someone the DP. Hard enough for me to find someone guilty of murder. JMO!

Then she shouldn't have been on the jury if it's just too hard. I have no reason not to believe the 11...

Ive been trying to change the number of posts per page, and I'm back to 15 pages. Last thread was 34. Help anyone?

I am having the same problem, and did nothing "myself" to change my number of posts per page. In fact, there is no way to change it in settings now.

From what I understand she has to pay for appeals herself. Isn't that what her family is raising all the money for?

Exactly...JA wants an appeal fund for a get out of jail card....a civil suit from the Alexanders doesn't give her that card.

i think she covered herself every step of the way and is not worried about any after trial problems...she will give her natural life and go on about her own life...people here probably spend more time on this case than she is right now...i am disappointment in the state and the voir dire process but maybe they went as far as they could in advance...my guess is 17 is not the only one that went on social media or saw that movie before called for jury duty
IDK about that, I've followed both trials pretty close and haven't watched that movie. I've passed it flipping channels and it creeped me out seeing TA portrayed, knowing what would happen, so I did not watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13