Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversely, it would be easy for a inmate to hold up a piece of paper (such as a list of juror names) and allow the video visitor to take a screen shot of it.

GREAT point! :) Makes perfect sense. Wonder if it can be proven (if that's how the names were relayed) given that Sheriff Joe doesn't record the calls?

Makes me wonder what else she might have passed along. She had access to EVERYTHING when she went pro se the second time.

An aside.....Sheriff Joe says he has copies of all her ingoing and outgoing correspondence. Why didn't JSS ask to see this information when deciding whether or not to seal court for JA's testimony?

She could have disproved the DT's claims of threats to JA with one phone call to Sheriff Joe (or via video chat if she splurged and paid $5).

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 16s 17 seconds ago
Court is working to move up #JodiArias sentencing to later this month, according to multiple sources. Reason unclear.

Ha ha!! Once again her own behavior works against her! She thinks she's so cute and that everyone loves her, but her antics just keep digging her deeper and deeper. :happydance:

@troyhaydenfox10: Court is working to move up #JodiArias sentencing to later this month, according to multiple sources. Reason unclear. http://t.co/5y2WPoFmKs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 16s 17 seconds ago
Court is working to move up #JodiArias sentencing to later this month, according to multiple sources. Reason unclear.

Reason seems kinda clear, actually. Sheriff Joe wants her gone, and JA just gave him lots of grounds for asking to expedite that transfer to Perryville. :)

I think JSS has gone over to the dark side and will give JA LWP and credit for time served. Sherif Joe wanted Cha Cha charged for smuggling contraband in/out of Estrella (JA's "art") and JSS dismissed it. This was an obvious violation and would have had nothing to do with her fear of appeals in the JA case if she had ruled to charge her. Go figure!

No fan of JSS, but:
First, I fully expect the sentence to be LWOP, but assuming the extremely slight (IMO) possibility of LWP, here is no credit for time served on life. After 25 calender years she would only be eligible for consideration of early release. Wouldn't happen, IMO, she's in for good.

Second, per the info included in the motions, it was MSCO that reviewed the smuggling incident and decided to take no action. JSS was not involved in that in any way, and denied the motion submitted that referenced it, saying she saw no harm resulting to JA from it.

Sheriff Joe is responsible for all perks the killer gets while in his jail. Why isn't Sheriff Joe more vigilant? Why does it take a large outcry from the public for Sheriff Joe to get off his patootie and take a looksee at what his famous convicted killer awaiting sentencing is doing?

About time,what are they waiting for? I wouldn't doubt parents of those 15 yr olds are putting the heat on,I would. There has to be BETTER security than that.I want to say more but my I pad not working right.

Since Jodi's doing this reprehensible behavior that's been reported, imagine how bad the peripheral behavior is we don't know about. It's finally sunk in she's condemned for life. 'Camp Cupcake' will be no more for her and the pecking order in Perryville is already established. All the protective relationships Jodi had (attorney, JAII followers, fellow prisoners who wanted to be near the celebrity) are over. Filling in the blanks of what does she have to lose now?

IMO, the lessons of what she'll face in Perryville have already begun before she leaves Estrella. Grapevine.

She is definitely her own worst enemy. I think she's going to have a hard time reaching even that initial 30 days with a perfect record to start gaining additional privileges. Everyone is talking about how easy Estrella is compared to where she's going - and she has not even been able to stay out of trouble there. I'm sure she tells everyone that none of it was ever her fault. There's no way she will stay out of trouble - it's not in her makeup.

Let's not forget "it's not her fault":

https://soundcloud.com/jodi-mind-tricks/the-verdict-its-not-her-fault

About time,what are they waiting for? I wouldn't doubt parents of those 15 yr olds are putting the heat on,I would. There has to be BETTER security than that.I want to say more but my I pad not working right.

Can you imagine finding out your impressionable 15 year old was comingling with this evil incarnate? Horrifying.

I'm missing something apparently. Where is the info that these video calls are not being recorded? This software enables both live monitoring and recording, and it was my impression that they kicked those 10 out based on reviewing recorded sessions. One question I had was why some of these people were approved for chat - obviously they need to do a better job on approvals. But then there's probably some secret forum on that JA website instructing people on ways to defeat security and getting accepted.

Reason seems kinda clear, actually. Sheriff Joe wants her gone, and JA just gave him lots of grounds for asking to expedite that transfer to Perryville. :)

She should never have received that 30 days, She should have been sentenced immediately, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure what she needed 30 days for.

Should've been sentenced then and there. No excuse for delaying justice in a 7 year old case for another 6 weeks.

Eta i see holiday shared the same opinion GMTA LOL

I haven't been keeping up daily since the trial ended, but I feel like I have entered some sort of bizarro-world. She was able to video chat for 9 hours on Saturday? I am appalled. As a wife, mom, homeowner, regular person I cannot remember the last time I had 9 hours to do whatever I wanted. I hope her days of easy breezy living end quickly. I am thrilled to see her sentencing date may be moved up.

Can you imagine finding out your impressionable 15 year old was comingling with this evil incarnate? Horrifying.

No. I can't imagine. Makes me more certain that I'm doing the right thing by restricting my almost tween's access to social media (no Twitter, FB, etc.) and by actively monitoring his online activity.

I'm missing something apparently. Where is the info that these video calls are not being recorded? This software enables both live monitoring and recording, and it was my impression that they kicked those 10 out based on reviewing recorded sessions. One question I had was why some of these people were approved for chat - obviously they need to do a better job on approvals. But then there's probably some secret forum on that JA website instructing people on ways to defeat security and getting accepted.

I understand that it went as follows, Lin. IIRC it was Troy who said that these video sessions are not being recorded (I think in his online news program yesterday), as for how the infractions/incidents came to light and resulted in banning the 10 people from vid chat with Travis' murderer it was reported to Arpaio by the "Jail Intel/Monitoring Team". Is this how others understand things went down? Thanks for any feedback to clarify.

I don't understand why she isn't being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Is it because the girls didn't actually obtain fake ID's?

And telling people how to donate to a trust so it won't go to Travis' family sounds like organized crime to me.
Definition-
The FBI defines organized crime as any group having some manner of a formalized structure and whose primary objective is to obtain money through illegal activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She should never have received that 30 days, She should have been sentenced immediately, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure what she needed 30 days for.

Yes, I was surprised that JSS waived pre-sentencing because I thought that was what the 30 days was for. I couldn't understand Nurmi on the video, but what reason did he give for her needing that time? It's not as if she wasn't aware she was going, so why the request and why did JSS agree once she confirmed they were waiving pre-sentencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024