Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@brahmresnik is asking "at what point [in the FTR video] do you think lie occurs?" Come help wake him up

Yes, this is what I think we need now .. we need to get our heads around everything that happened with her ex-husband .. what dates, when he got probation, when he committed crimes, dates he was sent to jail etc .. I tried to access the docs, but couldn't (maybe because overseas) .. but if we could get a timetable of what happened, when, that's indisputable then it would be really easy to pull apart her version to see exactly where she lied.

Want to split up the docs and work as a team to put that together?

SA was sentenced to probation the day after their marriage .. LATER sent to prison .. I'm getting this second hand because I can't access the docs, is that right?

I believe he was imprisoned for just a few months before being put on probation. Could be wrong, but it was def a short period of time...

The big question is what she said in the questionnare she filled out, and that we will never know if the DA doesn't tell us. Does anyone have the facts, or a link to the facts, about her ex-husband's charges? Is it accurate that JM tried her ex for robbery? Because that's the only charge she mentioned when asked.

Didn't we see the questionnaire she filled out?? I thought someone posted it on here, or was that just notes about how she answered them?

I thought for sure I saw something that was scanned...

Of course she did. If she married him the day before he was sentenced then we can all bet she was in the courtroom the day he was sentenced and saw Juan then. And Juan is the type of person that is hard to forget. Plus I don't think anyone would ever forget who sent their husband to prison or jail.

IMO..........she knew all along he was the one that sent her new hubby (back then) to jail.

She of course will say she did not know. Uggggh which will be another lie, imo.

Let us just say she did not remember JM.....there is so much in that interview to indicate she would not be a good juror...the defense knew get just one on there that is still crying about dv years later and they had it in the bag...no death. I still want to know how JM could want her off JSS asks a few questions and she is on. I have really bent over backwards to give JSS the benefit of a doubt but this was too much....she gave her life right there....any experienced judge could have seen that this woman did not belong on this jury.

and this is prime example why i warned about the examiner.....the 'writer' claims she got confirmation. oh really? well, she lost all credibility IMO.

i also have been reading on twitter that it was a hoax....

oh well. lesson learned

Everyone seems to want to be the one who knows.....it's part of the insatiable social media madness, IMO. Though perhaps that's the senior citizen in me speaking. :D

#17=#138 starts at 8:15....lying liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7jqGuEniFA

WHAT THEEEEEE............

if she gets away with this - it further drives our criminal justice system into the ground (its already barely above the surface)

the entire judicial process is doomed if this is not dealt with swiftly and harshly.

ETA.....wow. she seems to be jodi's twin.....i see some similarities. wow.

Yes, this is what I think we need now .. we need to get our heads around everything that happened with her ex-husband .. what dates, when he got probation, when he committed crimes, dates he was sent to jail etc .. I tried to access the docs, but couldn't (maybe because overseas) .. but if we could get a timetable of what happened, when, that's indisputable then it would be really easy to pull apart her version to see exactly where she lied.

This is what I gather.

In the late 90s he was charged with first degree murder. But in early 2000s (2002 I believe) Juan pleaded down to assault and instead of being sent to prison he was placed on probation. She was with him all this time. This is the one she married him just before sentencing.

Later on was the burglary and weapons charges and 2008 he was sentenced to 30 years about. This is the only crime she mentioned and said they were not together when he committed it, which is also not true. Seems they were still married and she spoke at his sentencing. Juan was not the prosecutor for this case.

Hopefuu BTM can offer to explain it better but this is my understanding.

I believe he was imprisoned for just a few months before being put on probation. Could be wrong, but it was def a short period of time...

I'm clueless when it comes to reading court docs, but when I read them I thought her ex got out for a very short while and then got in trouble again for the cell phone incident (I think in 2008) and is still in prison... Like maybe he was "on parole" (what does that mean? Out of prision but being watched??) and got in trouble with the cell phone incident while he was "out on parole"..

I would love if someone who knows all this stuff could make a timeline for both husbands so we could see all the dates and facts...

All of the information that finally coming out/being released is shining a light on some truly disturbing things that need to be addressed with DP cases. No it will not undo the injustice that clearly occurred in this trial but hopefully legislation will be introduced to ensure that justice is truly served in future DP trials. And I hope one day to see a Travis' Law enacted.
Since so much is allegedly at stake in DP cases, and small errors could result in serious consequences, and in-depth investigation of jurors is difficult and time-consuming, and individuals with agendas can easily lie to get on juries, it seems to me that a simple solution that will cover an abundance of weak points in the system is to have a majority of, say, 9-3 be sufficient for a DP verdict. This way, it would require 4 stealth jurors instead of 1 to throw a verdict. It seems to me to have the entire system depend on the honesty of 1 random individual is taking an unnecessary risk.

Of course she did. If she married him the day before he was sentenced then we can all bet she was in the courtroom the day he was sentenced and saw Juan then. And Juan is the type of person that is hard to forget. Plus I don't think anyone would ever forget who sent their husband to prison or jail.

IMO..........she knew all along he was the one that sent her new hubby (back then) to jail.

She of course will say she did not know. Uggggh which will be another lie, imo.

Let us just say she did not remember JM.....there is so much in that interview to indicate she would not be a good juror...the defense knew get just one on there that is still crying about dv years later and they had it in the bag...no death. I still want to know how JM could want her off JSS asks a few questions and she is on. I have really bent over backwards to give JSS the benefit of a doubt but this was too much....she gave her life right there....any experienced judge could have seen that this woman did not belong on this jury.

Well, if JSS consults her Judicial Assistant, I am sure she will give JA LWP.

I want to know from the first trial why Janet W. was taken off the case, then she was put back on the case and the others removed off [who does she have pull with??? HR?]. Per former juror Kelly.

This is what I gather.

In the late 90s he was charged with first degree murder. But in early 2000s (2002 I believe) Juan pleaded down to assault and instead of being sent to prison he was placed on probation. She was with him all this time. This is the one she married him just before sentencing.

Later on was the burglary and weapons charges and 2008 he was sentenced to 30 years about. This is the only crime she mentioned and said they were not together when he committed it, which is also not true. Seems they were still married and she spoke at his sentencing. Juan was not the prosecutor for this case.

Hopefuu BTM can offer to explain it better but this is my understanding.

Thank you for that! I was confused! So he's still in jail now for the burglary with weapons case, is that right?

Common deflection tactic but may or may not have an underlying motive...also noted that she supplies much more information than was asked of her, which would have been, among a few other things, a red flag for me personally.

there were so many red flags from this woman and JM had her figured out immediately...he wanted her off for sure...JSS said no....he is smart enough to know at that point dp was going to be a very uphill battle....the fact that he was involved in her husband's case must have just added insult to injury.

OMG!!! Even before that, Juan asks the whole group if they are willing to deliberate with the others or if they're going to sit in the corner...

He's freaky like a mind reader sometimes :D Love that man!

Question: how desperate was JSS to fill the jury, it's not like they didn't have other better options!

Thats the thing that really bugs me about this early point in jury selection and what ended up being a terrible decision to keep her.

It was so so early on. There were valid concerns being raised. There was enough concern on Juan's part to want her removed. There were plenty of other jurors to use. There was absolutely no reason to keep one that was already raising red flags. The red flags were everywhere with this one. Its ridiculous.

During this early selection phase, it should always be "when in doubt, throw them out".

So why did JSS feel compelled to keep her? It makes no sense.
Did someone already indicate to JSS that they wanted to keep this one and maybe JSS felt she wanted to let this one stay because of someone else's remarks?

I'm clueless when it comes to reading court docs, but when I read them I thought her ex got out for a very short while and then got in trouble again for the cell phone incident (I think in 2008) and is still in prison... Like maybe he was "on parole" (what does that mean? Out of prision but being watched??) and got in trouble with the cell phone incident while he was "out on parole"..

I would love if someone who knows all this stuff could make a timeline for both husbands so we could see all the dates and facts...

I think he violated probation and was sent to prison. I find it impossible to believe JM was good with probation for 1st degree murder, and I find it difficult to the ex would have received probation for robbery after he's been up on a murder charge.

I'm assuming nobody answers the requests for facts because they're unknown. If folks do have facts and pieces of a chronology, could you please offer that up so Mrs G and I don't waste time researching what is already known?

To another felon .. I mean .. yeah let's just be nice about it and call her 'unstable'.

Omg!! I wonder when she says "she met him online" if she means one of those website where you can meet people who are in prision!!

I think she got married in 2012... When did her current husband get out of prision?? She said they dated for... 2yrs... then she said something about 6 months.. then added that she got pregnant when they were looking for a house... But didn't get married until after the baby was born!!! Lol!!

Can you figure all that timing out??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members