Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden said she went ballistic when he showed up in her cell block with a camera crew, working on a completely unrelated story, he also said he was 'thanked' by the guards for upsetting her because 'they would have to put up with her for the rest of the afternoon'. It seems she has a habit of throwing fits which she's managed to keep from the public, so I wouldn't be surprised that she threw a fit over her 9 hour per day video chats, her commissary privileges, her phone calls, and her visitors all being pulled instantly. Seems completely in character.

About wanting to go home, maybe her lawyers can get word to JSS, who has a habit of accommodating her, and the April 13th date can be moved up a bit.

Maybe Juan should visit the murderer. He could muster up his most soothing voice as he strokes her fast-graying hair. Worry not, Killer...you will be home very soon.

Hahaha!! When Juan Martinez asks J17 if she knows why her current husband went to prison she says, "yes, I looked it up. I wasn't going to allow just anyone to be around my kids"!!!

Meanwhile, they go visit their own father in PRISION who has done WORSE things that the current husband!!!

She is SO full of lies!!

could not believe it when she said that...something to the effect I don't let just anyone around my kids....and then JM pressed and she said oh maybe it was aggravated assault. I'm not as concerned with her lies as the truth was bad enough...she was crying about the dv...you know seeing this has now got me really concerned about JSS because any lay person could see she should have been gone at that point but not JSS...she goes straight against JM and keeps this juror...so now is the final blow giving JA a chance at getting out in 25? I now am thinking it could happen

I think he violated probation and was sent to prison. I find it impossible to believe JM was good with probation for 1st degree murder, and I find it difficult to the ex would have received probation for robbery after he's been up on a murder charge.

I'm assuming nobody answers the requests for facts because they're unknown. If folks do have facts and pieces of a chronology, could you please offer that up so Mrs G and I don't waste time researching what is already known?

What I'm saying is, I read the court docs... But don't understand them... With my limited understandIng from reading the court docs, what I gather is that her first husband was in prision... Then he got out on parole... Was out for a very short while and then was put back in prision b/c of the 2008 cell phone burglary and assault (shooting at police officers as they tried to get away)... And I think he is still in prision...

Since so much is allegedly at stake in DP cases, and small errors could result in serious consequences, and in-depth investigation of jurors is difficult and time-consuming, and individuals with agendas can easily lie to get on juries, it seems to me that a simple solution that will cover an abundance of weak points in the system is to have a majority of, say, 9-3 be sufficient for a DP verdict. This way, it would require 4 stealth jurors instead of 1 to throw a verdict. It seems to me to have the entire system depend on the honesty of 1 random individual is taking an unnecessary risk.

I totally agree. That is a good common sense resolution. Some other states do it that way too.

I think he violated probation and was sent to prison. I find it impossible to believe JM was good with probation for 1st degree murder, and I find it difficult to the ex would have received probation for robbery after he's been up on a murder charge.

I'm assuming nobody answers the requests for facts because they're unknown. If folks do have facts and pieces of a chronology, could you please offer that up so Mrs G and I don't waste time researching what is already known?

What I'm saying is, I read the court docs... But don't understand them... With my limited understandIng from reading the court docs, what I gather is that her first husband was in prision... Then he got out on parole... Was out for a very short while and then was put back in prision b/c of the 2008 cell phone burglary and assault (shooting at police officers as they tried to get away)... And I think he is still in prision...

...forgot to add that I think his original sentence for the murder1 was 21 yrs... But he got out early sometime around 2006-2008, before he had to go back after his next crime..

Yep, Betty Broderick should have had us more prepared for the likes of Travis' murderer IMO. Certainly there were some differences in manifestation but these two women are the exact same in how they operate and think. Scary manipulative, vengeful, cunning, and determined killers.

...with monstrous egos and seriously inflated senses of entitlement.

JM clearly didn't use one of his 10 strikes to remove her the next day. He also didn't object when JSS said she was good with 17. He did say a quick something I couldn't catch--did anyone else hear it?

could anyone explain if he had a chance to strike her? I really want to know...he clearly knew she was bad news

I'm clueless when it comes to reading court docs, but when I read them I thought her ex got out for a very short while and then got in trouble again for the cell phone incident (I think in 2008) and is still in prison... Like maybe he was "on parole" (what does that mean? Out of prision but being watched??) and got in trouble with the cell phone incident while he was "out on parole"..

I would love if someone who knows all this stuff could make a timeline for both husbands so we could see all the dates and facts...

I looked up husband #2 and he has a record going back to juvie. I don't know #1's name.

there were so many red flags from this woman and JM had her figured out immediately...he wanted her off for sure...JSS said no....he is smart enough to know at that point dp was going to be a very uphill battle....the fact that he was involved in her husband's case must have just added insult to injury.

He's freaky like a mind reader sometimes :D Love that man!

It was his instincts letting him know something was iffy and why, but he didn't quite pick up on it .. goddammit!!!!

Thanks. Will work on the court docs....

Hypothetically....say it turns out she lied 6x over during voir dire about her ex. The question would still be why. She obviously shouldn't have been on the jury, and she had better be charged with perjury.

But....why? I trust that JM saw what he saw and knew what he knew. He thought she had been a victim of DV and was still too emotional about it to be objective. From what's been said about deliberations, that sounds accurate to me. Stealth in that she lied to get on, but I don't think it was a vendetta against JM.

Common deflection tactic but may or may not have an underlying motive...also noted that she supplies much more information than was asked of her, which would have been, among a few other things, a red flag for me personally.

BBM
Yep. Reminds me of Jodi.

could anyone explain if he had a chance to strike her? I really want to know...he clearly knew she was bad news

He had 10 total strikes the next day, and 45 jurors to evaluate. He had the opportunity, theoretically, but didn't use it. It must be the case 10 others were more of a concern to him.

Thanks. Will work on the court docs....

Hypothetically....say it turns out she lied 6x over during voir dire about her ex. The question would still be why. She obviously shouldn't have been on the jury, and she had better be charged with perjury.

But....why? I trust that JM saw what he saw and knew what he knew. He thought she had been a victim of DV and was still too emotional about it to be objective. From what's been said about deliberations, that sounds accurate to me. Stealth in that she lied to get on, but I don't think it was a vendetta against JM.

There was a lot under #juror17 after the verdict, names, court docs

could not believe it when she said that...something to the effect I don't let just anyone around my kids....and then JM pressed and she said oh maybe it was aggravated assault. I'm not as concerned with her lies as the truth was bad enough...she was crying about the dv...you know seeing this has now got me really concerned about JSS because any lay person could see she should have been gone at that point but not JSS...she goes straight against JM and keeps this juror...so now is the final blow giving JA a chance at getting out in 25? I now am thinking it could happen

It is amazing how JSS seemed to just want to go against Juan. Its almost like JSS felt pressured into letting that one stay. I dont understand it at all. It should have been a no brainer to just exclude her.

IMO
As far as the juror. I get so confused about the 2 husbands. The 1 thing I am pretty sure about is this juror seemed to be against LE and authority figures and she seems to like to hang around and even marry people that are criminals.

All of the information that finally coming out/being released is shining a light on some truly disturbing things that need to be addressed with DP cases. No it will not undo the injustice that clearly occurred in this trial but hopefully legislation will be introduced to ensure that justice is truly served in future DP trials. And I hope one day to see a Travis' Law enacted.

Just think had j17 been on the first case together with that foreman and ja could have walked.

Omg!! I wonder when she says "she met him online" if she means one of those website where you can meet people who are in prision!!

I think she got married in 2012... When did her current husband get out of prision?? She said they dated for... 2yrs... then she said something about 6 months.. then added that she got pregnant when they were looking for a house... But didn't get married until after the baby was born!!! Lol!!

Can you figure all that timing out??!

He was released in 2007.

could not believe it when she said that...something to the effect I don't let just anyone around my kids....and then JM pressed and she said
"Well, if he hasn't knocked over at least a couple of gas stations, I mean, my kids have to eat..."

i watched it a few times....

she doesnt just 'go against juan' she was so nonchalant about it as if they were discussing whether he should wear a blue tie or a salmon tie the next day. i expected to see her swoosh him away like a fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member