Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only watched bits and pieces as I just catched stomach the full deal...but yes JM is quite different this go round and honestly I think some of it is just being worn down by motion after motion and the vile Nurmi/willmot combo insulting him and just so much time spent on this worthless piece of flesh sitting over there playing games. I think everyone in that courtroom seems sick of the whole thing.

There is more to it. Even in the first trial it was JM and Det Flores sitting at the prosecution table. This trial, Juan's boss sat in. WHY? I still say it was JSS.

But will there be repercussions for the people who aided in these scheme, including MDLR? And will this money now be open for the taking for the Alexanders?

Great question, and of the utmost importance IMO. It is absolutely sickening to hear that Travis' murderer for over 7 years now has been eating like prison royalty, while the Alexander family has been forced to endure untold financial hardship just to seek justice for and to stand in support of their slaughtered brother.

If this absolute TRAVESTY of allowing their brother's murderer, or anyone who assists her, to keep or hide money in an effort to avoid paying restitution (or any other financial penalty) is not seriously and swiftly dealt with, then shame on the whole damn system.

I am a die-hard criticizer of JSS. She hates JM, IMO.

boy in listening to the sidebars i don't hear that at all...she talks to him as an equal and talks down to willmott and often seems as if she feels she is monitoring school children as she talks to the defense. That said...I just don't see how an appeal could ever get anywhere and think the life is the best to avoid what Nurmi had in mind after a dp verdict. I assume JSS has judges on top of her and I can't believe that the way she dealt with this defense could have been affirmed by higher ups as no one in AZ ever wants this to ever get traction again...ever.

Not sure anyone else has noticed but after watching several of the retrial videos I vehemently contend that JM was severely constrained/inhibited in his questioning and wording during direct and cross examination--am I the only one who is seeing this?

IIRC some said one of his bosses sat at the prosecution table with him many days

Starr (not C Stark)@starknightz

This person is posting more SS from here. Gah! They have to be viewing this thread, so they must have seen Lambchop's post. WTH?

Great question, and of the utmost importance IMO. It is absolutely sickening to hear that Travis' murderer for over 7 years now has been eating like prison royalty, while the Alexander family has been forced to endure untold financial hardship just to seek justice for and to stand in support of their slaughtered brother.

If this absolute TRAVESTY of allowing their brother's murderer, or anyone who assists her, to keep or hide money in an effort to avoid paying restitution (or any other financial penalty) is not seriously and swiftly dealt with, then shame on the whole damn system.

Also, Jodi wants a fancy appellate attorney, which she believes is the key to her freedom as opposed to a public defender. She doesn't want to have to give that money back to the state and she doesn't want to have to give the money to the Alexanders. But if she is claiming indigency with $30,000+ somewhere then she should be ordered to pay the Alexanders and give the rest to the state and take her public defender like everyone else.

You are not special Jodi.

Has this happened yet? I can't find anything about it.

Juror 17 and her husband are coming out of hiding for their lives and will be doing an interview with local media today. JA has had commissary, calls, and visits taken away until she's taken away to Perryville.

I'm amazed J17 agreed to be interviewed. Circumstances are what they are, and things look shady. The best thing she could do for herself is be quiet and do nothing to bring further attention to herself. Anything she says/does can be held against her. Reminds me of CMJA's constant interviews. Also, the JAII team who announced on their website illegal things as if the web was private and couldn't/wouldn't be seen by others. I find it all bizarre behavior.

ITA--FWIW I am a stickler for proof and during the original trial it was proven to me, beyond any doubt, that MK had (and continues to have) a personal agenda and uses this news media outlet as his own bully pulpit, is one who should in no way be given the title of "journalist", and is also someone driven by what came across as a palpable hatred for and vendetta against JM.

I'm glad you could see that so clearly. The proof I have is my own ears which he burned up with all of which you describe--about Juan, about Travis, about Travis' family, about me. he should have never been on/stayed on this trial, period. I gave him lots of leeway right up til the moment I couldn't anymore.

IIRC some said one of his bosses sat at the prosecution table with him many days

I want to guess that JM's boss was sitting there to keep up with what was going on. If JM suddenly had to have a leave of absence someone would have to take over for him. I might imagine that would be his boss. AZL might be able to help us with that.

I'm amazed J17 agreed to be interviewed. Circumstances are what they are, and things look shady. The best thing she could do for herself is be quiet and do nothing to bring further attention to herself. Anything she says/does can be held against her. Reminds me of CMJA's constant interviews. Also, the JAII team who announced on their website illegal things as if the web was private and couldn't/wouldn't be seen by others. I find it all bizarre behavior.

I don't know what to make of her agreeing to be interviewed. The fact that Azcentral is involved is suspicious, to me. The fact her husband wanted $ for interviews is more than suspicious to me. I'm for one going to be listening to every thing she has to say with a jaded ear. I mean she's already lied in a huge way...so, I'm considering the source (including the source of the interview itself).

Correct, this is the gray haired gentleman seated at the prosecution table in the retrial videos--his name is Mr Shutz (sp. ?). He has been in most, if not all, of the retrial videos I have viewed so far. I suspect his presence has something to do with the DT's false allegations of misconduct--what a downright shame that the DT isn't held to same standard that the PT is.

Yes. She.Knew.Juan.Martinez.

Perhaps she grew up with Clinton sayin "I did not have sex with that woman". Was the beginning of the end for people interpreting their own definitions. :facepalm:

It worked for him it will for her, unless the court finds more proof :Moo:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Correct, this is the gray haired gentleman seated at the prosecution table in the retrial videos--his name is Mr Shutz (sp. ?). He has been in most, if not all, of the retrial videos I have viewed so far. I suspect his presence has something to do with the DT's false allegations of misconduct--what a downright shame that the DT isn't held to same standard that the PT is.

Iirc beth actually approached him and asked him why he was there and he would not answer

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

But will there be repercussions for the people who aided in these schemes, including MDLR? And will this money now be open for the taking for the Alexanders?

I'm really REALLY hoping that JSS also orders restitution to the family in addition to her LWOP sentence (she can do that). We got that (although not one dime but still....) and I've been advising the family to go for it with her.

(we had to list funeral expenses, lost wages etc for restitution).

This would all be OFF THE TOP before any civil suit.

It was Bob Shutz who was overlooking JM and as a bit of trivia, he prosecuted the man who murdered Bob Crane of Hogan's Heroes, right here in Scottsdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo