Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

I'm not sure of the order of the injuries, but I agree with the slashing of his throat being a huge FU to Travis. And I find it very disturbing that he was stabbed in the back literally so many times when he told her in that chat they had (transcript mentioned previously on this page) that she stabbed him in the back. I agree with what KCL said that she decided to kill him after that conversation and I think the whole "stabbing him in the back" comment was in her head.
I also think the slashing of the throat was, in CMJA's sick and twisted mind, a final "silencing" so he could never verbally speak of her vile secrets.

I think the gun shot was last and was the modal to creating motive and suspicion of the two intruder theory. Two weapons, two people In her mind

Thank you...I still believe the gun shot came first as well. Here is my friends and I's theory:

T's sitting on the floor of the shower facing right. To me this is the only way to explain the position of the shot into his head. My friend looked up on google how the shell casing comes out. It exits from the right and goes slightly back and as it does it has some force. So from going over the pictures one day we could see how the shell casing could have landed on the sink counter and been knocked off into the blood later. I will see if my friend can come and explain it better then I can as I'm awful with words. She wont be able to until later today but I will ask her.

All automatics eject, by definition they have to so the next round can be loaded. The flight is about 5 to 6 feet depending on surroundings. There is just too many variables where a spent casing is going to go and where it will end up.

JMHO I believe the gun shot was last.

Did anyone from CSI/Bullistics testify that the gun jammed or is that just the word of CMJA? The gun wasn't found, so no one can know that except CMJA. And since she said gun first, it is the opposite, imho. I truly think she wanted to stab him in the heart. Why get him in the shower if you are just going to shoot him in the head? Why not shoot him while he's naked on the bed in the "afterglow"? :puke:
Because a gunshot would have been too impersonal, quick and painless. She was filled with rage and hatred and wanted to eviscerate him and watch him die helplessly crawling, like a slaughtered animal. I think she got into a frenzy of enjoyment plunging the knife into his flesh over and over again. it was very personal and gave her a feeling of power over him.

Beth Karas has copies of LE reports cataloging items seized from the homes of Arias' parents and grandparents. The silencer was found at her parents' home.

Any idea if it fits a .25 caliber?

Hmmmm.. gunshot first, ya' say.... ?

Almost all pistols manufactured will hold at least six bullets. Automatic pistols hold way more than that.

If the shot came first, then why not another, then another, then another, then another, until he quit moving ? All that blood, stabbing and dragging could have been avoided. That's the way a professional would do it. Jodi isn't a professional.

Gun shot was last, he was so close to death anyway, it only took one shot to finish him off.

Gun jamming would be my guess.

It wasn't on the list of items stolen from the house in May. If she used it chances are LE would not have found it in the house.

Oh, true, it wouldn't have been found had she taken it to Mesa.

Because Jodi said so............ ?!?!?

View attachment 71619

If this attack had started with a gun, she would have filled Travis full of bullets while he was standing in the shower stall. It would have been clean, easy, and quick. She could've fired bullets out of that pistol as quickly as she could pull the trigger, and continued firing until the clip was empty.

That would have been the humane thing to do. But this is Jodi. Let's do it Azz-backwards and make it hurt a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had to go running into his bedroom and get the pistol out of her suitcase while he was slumped over in the shower, barely clinging to life. He had to be dead, no turning back now.

And I'm sure she was telling him why she was doing it the whole time... "and this one is for...this, and this one is for...that!" VERY angry and She is really some kind of crazy. Shooting him would have been too easy IMHO. I think she wanted to feel the knife going into him and hurt him as much as she believed he had hurt her.

Was the silencer for the 9mm or can one silencer fit many types of guns?

No, it's a specific application for a specific type of gun. A .25 wouldn't had made that much noise anyway.

Silencer or suppressor is illegal, it would have had to be machined by someone who knew what they were doing. She must have had some good criminal contacts to secure a silencer.

The gmail chat is printed in reverse chronological order, according to Beth Karas, so start reading it from the last page first.

When I read your post it made me laugh, and I thought "oh, no wonder it didn't make sense"! ...and then I thought, "...hhhmmm... I don't think reading it in the correct chronological order will make any difference"!! Lol!!

I also think the slashing of the throat was, in CMJA's sick and twisted mind, a final "silencing" so he could never verbally speak of her vile secrets.

I'd sorta' agree with that, but I think she was having to work like hell in order to kill this guy, because nothing seemed to be working.

Nobody in this forum has any idea how long they wrestled and grappled in that bathroom before Jodi finally got the upper hand.

3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes ??

27 stab wounds, some deep, some not so deep. We know he was up walking around for some period of time before collapsing. A slashed throat and a bullet in the side of his face. How long did all of that take ?

The Pinwheel drawing is her Twitter profile picture. She changed it a few weeks back. This same Pinwheel is in her art for sale archived gallery.
View attachment 71612

Aaahhhh!!! The pinwheel "diagram"!! ;0)

(FYI: for those who didn't catch that, diagram is what JM referred to it as). :hilarious:

I think she planned to stab him in the heart (like she did!) and had the gun as back up. If you have a gun and that's your plan, why even think of having a knife, too? I don't believe she thought he'd be able to fight back as much as he did, although he never had the upper hand in the struggle. I think the gunshot was last and the final... "you *advertiser censored*.. look what you made me do!".

I agree that she stabbed him in the heart first. I also agree that she did not count on him coming out of the shower and causing all that "mess". I think she shot him last but I think it was because his body was still making noises and she just wanted to make sure he was finally dead.

I've always theorized she pulled the gun out while taking pictures of him in the shower. Forced him to sit and shot him with her left hand. That would match the trajectory in my mind. I think the sound in the hard surfaced bathroom and shower would have been deafening, even with a little .25. I'm pretty sure the gun jammed so she had to run and grab a knife. I'm pretty sure she planned to shoot him and learned too late how ineffective her lack of skills, lack of caliber and lack of maintenance of the gun would be. Her grandfather stated the gun was really old and had belonged to his cousin but he came into possession of it when his cousin died. It had 7 rounds of jacket hollow points in it and he had no idea the make or serial number.

An old .25 would easily jam. In fact, it probably stovepiped, which means the casing from the first shell did not clear the ejection port fully and prevented more from firing. This most routinely happens when poor (or inexperienced) grip on the firearm allows it to recoil at such an angle that the port will not clear. Once she had finished stabbing him and washing him off in the shower, I think she collected the gun and cleared it, allowing the casing to fall where it landed (in that chaotic manner fully described elsewhere on WS) in a puddle of congealed blood.

But hey... just an idea.... :)

No, it's a specific application for a specific type of gun. A .25 wouldn't had made that much noise anyway.

Silencer or suppressor is illegal, it would have had to be machined by someone who knew what they were doing. She must have had some good criminal contacts to secure a silencer.

Hmmmm.. gunshot first, ya' say.... ?

Almost all pistols manufactured will hold at least six bullets. Automatic pistols hold way more than that.

If the shot came first, then why not another, then another, then another, then another, until he quit moving ? All that blood, stabbing and dragging could have been avoided. That's the way a professional would do it. Jodi isn't a professional.

Gun shot was last, he was so close to death anyway, it only took one shot to finish him off.

Noise, maybe? It was louder than she expected and panicked and grabbed a knife?

(I'm not 100% on first or last... I go back and forth every time I hear a good argument for either way)

She killed the family pet??

I remember in her interview with Detective Flores that she admitted to kicking the family dog once or twice, and the dog ran away and never came back. Dogs don't behave like that, especially family pets.

I suspected all along that Jodi killed the dog and then hid it from her family, right up to that very interview with Flores and even to this day.

I agree that she stabbed him in the heart first. I also agree that she did not count on him coming out of the shower and causing all that "mess". I think she shot him last but I think it was because his body was still making noises and she just wanted to make sure he was finally dead.

How do you think she was able to get a stab wound deep into the center of his chest while he was seated in the shower?

I am genuinely curious.... as I just can't visualize this given where and how he was sitting in relation to where she would be standing, and also since she is left-handed.

I just don't know about the knife-first theory. I'm not passionate about it because the crime was just as gruesome and heinous either way. But I have trouble envisioning Arias taking a chance stabbing him with the possible physical altercation that might ensue, when a gun was at her disposal (assuming no stun gun for now).

I think her fine with the idea of raging on him with a knife, but ulitimately she was there for one reason, imo. She wanted him dead, and she at least wanted him knowing she was doing it just before it happened. Electing to start with the knife risked her desired outcome with a weapon available that was much more capable for the task, and that she had already staged events around to acquire.

I also have an easier time seeing Travis going to the mirror with the gun used first. If Jodi chose to start by stabbing away, I don't see where she would have stopped until he was incapacitated, especially if he managed to get to his feet and out of the shower stall. At that point I think she would have freaked a bit and the adrenaline would have kicked in even harder to make sure she put him down.
If she elected the gun first, I don't think she had a knife on her person. So if the former happened to jam she had to go get the latter. This allows him to stumble out of the shower, get to the mirror, and down the hallway during the ensuing fight - one in which she would clearly have the upperhand at that point. I then see the near-decapitating throat slash as the final FU.
jmho

BBM 1:
Yes, that is another reason I think she shot him first. As my friend & I were discussing this I think I mentioned that I just couldn't figure out how she would be able to over power him to do all that she did to him. I personally think he would have had more defensive wounds had she started stabbing first and I also think she would have had more then just a broken/torn ligament finger had she started out stabbing him.

BBM 2:
Yes, yes, yes...IMO the shot incapacitated him enough to be confused and flight was his first thought and I think he went to the sink and I think that's when she started stabbing the crud out of him, thus the blood to the right on the floor where the casing ultimately wound up.

BBM 3:
I absolutely agree.

I've always theorized she pulled the gun out while taking pictures of him in the shower. Forced him to sit and shot him with her left hand. That would match the trajectory in my mind. I think the sound in the hard surfaced bathroom and shower would have been deafening, even with a little .25. I'm pretty sure the gun jammed so she had to run and grab a knife. I'm pretty sure she planned to shoot him and learned too late how ineffective her lack of skills, lack of caliber and lack of maintenance of the gun would be. Her grandfather stated the gun was really old and had belonged to his cousin but he came into possession of it when his cousin died. It had 7 rounds of jacket hollow points in it and he had no idea the make or serial number.

An old .25 would easily jam. In fact, it probably stovepiped, which means the casing from the first shell did not clear the ejection port fully and prevented more from firing. This most routinely happens when poor (or inexperienced) grip on the firearm allows it to recoil at such an angle that the port will not clear. Once she had finished stabbing him and washing him off in the shower, I think she collected the gun and cleared it, allowing the casing to fall where it landed (in that chaotic manner fully described elsewhere on WS) in a puddle of congealed blood.

But hey... just an idea.... :)

Makes a lot of sense I Object! It probably did stovepipe, as what you stated her inexperience and the age of the gun.

How do you think she was able to get a stab wound deep into the center of his chest while he was seated in the shower?

I am genuinely curious.... as I just can't visualize this given where and how he was sitting in relation to where she would be standing, and also since she is left-handed.

Not who you asked, but I always thought he went to get up and had to use his hands, and she took that moment of surprise to attack. He was already somewhat up and then was able to stumble out of the shower towards the sink. That's how I picture it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member