DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For today, 80 cases oficially announced to be solved and 5 cases where Namus was removed. From more than 100 solved cases, so it makes 15 more cases potentially solved!

I’ve noticed that the Camp Fire victims are no longer listed as pending on the site, I wonder if they’ve all been identified.
This was clarified by the DDP on another website (I don't believe I can link it here). They stated that DNA extraction for the last victim, who was described in this SF Chronicle piece, was unsuccessful. I assume they plan to try again some day in the future.

The cases on the solved page were fixed! Now they appear correctly as solved.

Naylor Road John Doe is the first DDP’s D.C. case is still listed as pending, however I think it is an active case, I remember it was added to the spreadsheet recently and has a decent match. Wondering if the DDP will take more of D.C. cases.

The cases on the solved page were fixed! Now they appear correctly as solved.

Naylor Road John Doe is the first DDP’s D.C. case is still listed as pending, however I think it is an active case, I remember it was added to the spreadsheet recently and has a decent match. Wondering if the DDP will take more of D.C. cases.
My gut feeling with the slow site updates is they may have some more announcements on the way.

I totally forgot that there was a third Travis county case listed last year

Also a new case from Sangamon County, Illinois

I totally forgot that there was a third Travis county case listed last year

Also a new case from Sangamon County, Illinois

Good to hear they took more of Illinois cases, so far they have only one long-term Illinois active case Grundy County Jane Doe

I think there is one new Canada case is still missing on the website

Good to hear they took more of Illinois cases, so far they have only one long-term Illinois active case Grundy County Jane Doe

I think there is one new Canada case is still missing on the website
Yes, some case from Montreal I believe, I haven't seen the pinned post in a long time

I'm not sure if this is a mistake, but Mr. X and the Hartford Circus Fire victims aren't on the pending page anymore. If you still have a direct link you can access the pages but they aren't showing up in the list. I want to say it's a mistake, since when that happened with Alachua County John Doe, I think his page was fully closed.

Edit: Columbia County Jane Doe isn't there either, I'm pretty sure this is a mistake.

I'm not sure if this is a mistake, but Mr. X and the Hartford Circus Fire victims aren't on the pending page anymore. If you still have a direct link you can access the pages but they aren't showing up in the list. I want to say it's a mistake, since when that happened with Alachua County John Doe, I think his page was fully closed.

Edit: Columbia County Jane Doe isn't there either, I'm pretty sure this is a mistake.
I remember the DDP mentioned they were preparing a dashboard on the website which will list all the cases, maybe they are amending the website as well

Since you mentioned Montreal, there's a case that I've followed for a while that would really benefit from genetic genealogy:

CANADA - Canada - QC, Montreal, WhtFem, 50-70yo, "Madame Victoria"
Interesting I think both the DDP and Othram accept suggestions of the new cases from public now.
A new DDP Canadian case listed on the pinned post is Montreal River John Doe (2017) Ontario with the case reference 2017047335 but I can not find this reference in the Canadian unidentified persons website

Last edited:
Interestingly, people who were frequent visitors of the park knew him as Kurt, which proved to be his real name

Also, there is a new article about his identification

Interesting I think both the DDP and Othram accept suggestions of the new cases from public now.
A new DDP Canadian case listed on the pinned post is Montreal River John Doe (2017) Ontario with the case reference 2017047335 but I can not find this reference in the Canadian unidentified persons website

I think I found the Montreal River John Doe 2017 case you cited

Canada's Missing | Case details

The description on the Canadian unidentified persons website mentions:
"Biogeographic Ancestry testing predicts that this unidentified male is of European ancestry."

Sounds like they are making some headway

Not sure if there's a WS thread for Montreal River John Doe 2017?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back