Do you think the parents were involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the parents are involved in Madeliene's vanishing?

• Yes, I have always thought that from the start.

Votes: 121 52.2%
  • No, not for a minute do I think the parents are involved.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Yes, but just Kate the Mom was involved.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Yes, but just Gerrythe Dad was involved.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I think the entire dinner party for that night including the parents know what happened.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 32 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably resorted to sedating the child/children, after Maddie was reported to have cried for over an hour, two nights prior to the child's dissappearance.

The older woman who resided in the flat above the McCann's, reported that she heard the child crying for approx. 75 minutes, and cried for her "daddy". Then she stopped crying, when the parents returned home that night.
http://www2.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/17093/Mum-s-amazing-outburst-on-night-she-disappeared-WE-VE-LET-MADELEINE-DOWN-

This report of the children, apparently left alone prior to the disappearance, suggests the McCanns lied. The night Maddie disappeared, was not the first and only time they did that.

Re: Sedating the child

All of a sudden, I am wanting to know more the O'Briens. They are friends of the McCanns, who were at the Tappas bar that night of the disappearance.

If you check out the "timeline" thread, read the entry that discusses the commings goings from the Tappas bar at 9:30 P.M>

"about 9:30 Mathew and Russell leave the Tapas Bar. Mathew will also state that he saw light in the McCann apartment, and Russell will say his daughter was vomiting and he had to change her sheets. But housekeeping has no record of him asking for clean linens."

So, I am wondering...did Russel Obrien sedate his child? Is that what caused the vomiting? And why is it, that houskeeping has no record of the request for clean linens?

This little group is hiding something. Maybe it is simply their profound guilt, over sedating their children so that they could party at the tappas bar. Perhaps it is that simple. But they are definitely hiding something.

At this time I don't think the parents killed Maddie but I agree they've acted odd.

I have to ask, when did they have time to kill their child and hide her body?

I wasn't sure where to ask these questions....

1. Where were the twins when K & G supposedly took madeleine to supper that evening? Why take only Maddie?
2. Where was madeleine when the twins were at the creche?
3. In the last photo that was supposedly taken of Madeleine, where the twins there? And is there any other photo's of that time? When I take pics of the kids doing something I always take quite a few pics.

I know what you mean, Aussie Mum, about the report of K & G taking Maddie out for a snack at about 6:30 p.m. And stranger still, they did this after they picked up the children from the creche.

So, the twins are in the apartment (alone?), and K&G take Maddie out for a snack?

very odd.

I know what you mean, Aussie Mum, about the report of K & G taking Maddie out for a snack at about 6:30 p.m. And stranger still, they did this after they picked up the children from the creche.

So, the twins are in the apartment (alone?), and K&G take Maddie out for a snack?

very odd.

There has been information posted that the times on the camera have been changed, and video surveillance at the cafe where madelaine had a snack doesnt corroborate the parents version of events. Cant remember where I read it, but it was recently, in the last day or two, there is just so much happening, cant think straight.

There has been information posted that the times on the camera have been changed, and video surveillance at the cafe where madelaine had a snack doesnt corroborate the parents version of events. Cant remember where I read it, but it was recently, in the last day or two, there is just so much happening, cant think straight.

I have read the same thing shazza which is why I wondered if the twins may have been in some of the pics and if there was other pics from the same time, because for instance even tho maddie may have worn the same togs a couple of days... it's not likely that all 3 kids wore the same clothes and togs on the same day as another day. (Does that make sense?)

Also wondering if perhaps witnesses/other holiday makers have heard some of the things they have said and thought back and said hey you know what I was in that pool at that time and they definitely weren't there etc etc.

I wasn't sure where to ask these questions....

1. Where were the twins when K & G supposedly took madeleine to supper that evening? Why take only Maddie?
2. Where was madeleine when the twins were at the creche?
3. In the last photo that was supposedly taken of Madeleine, where the twins there? And is there any other photo's of that time? When I take pics of the kids doing something I always take quite a few pics.

Great questions aussie_mum.

togs = swimmers/bathers/swimming costumes (It's a Queensland thing)

That's interesting, Shazza.
Because it simply doesn't make sense, that they would pick up the children, and then both parents take Maddie out. Wondering if all three children were at the creche, or just the twins.

This inconsistancy between the parent's version of the timeline and the security video at the cafe, appears to be another little hiccup in the parent's story. I am wondering if they simply "groomed" their story a bit, so that they didn't look bad. Or are they hiding something else?

I have read the same thing shazza which is why I wondered if the twins may have been in some of the pics and if there was other pics from the same time, because for instance even tho maddie may have worn the same togs a couple of days... it's not likely that all 3 kids wore the same clothes and togs on the same day as another day. (Does that make sense?)

Also wondering if perhaps witnesses/other holiday makers have heard some of the things they have said and thought back and said hey you know what I was in that pool at that time and they definitely weren't there etc etc.
You make sense Aussie_Mum, it does seem strange that there are not more photos.

Ummmm again.... not sure where to put this.....

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070908/19/14dlv.html

Not sure if it has been posted somewhere along the line but there is a couple of interesting statements.....

1. The naming of the couple as suspects came after police in Portugal received the partial results of forensic tests on traces of blood found in the room where the child was sleeping.

2. Kate McCann, 39, was also questioned by police about blood allegedly found in a car the couple rented 25 days after Madeleine went missing.

You make sense Aussie_Mum, it does seem strange that there are not more photos.

LOL! Thanks. I tend to get tongue tied even when writing so the things I type can be confusing..... even for me!

LOL! Thanks. I tend to get tongue tied even when writing so the things I type can be confusing..... even for me!
I know what you mean, I have to proof read most of what I type as I start thinking to far ahead and then type it but have missed out things in the middle.:confused:

At this time I don't think the parents killed Maddie but I agree they've acted odd. I have to ask, when did they have time to kill their child and hide her body?

It's questionable when the last time Maddie was actually seen in public.

One thing I hope is that the resort keeps a log of children checked in and out of the creche on specific days. This may be the only way to track whether the McCann children used the creche on May 3 and what time they left.

One thing I hope is that the resort keeps a log of children checked in and out of the creche on specific days. This may be the only way to track whether the McCann children used the creche on May 3 and what time they left.
There is definitely a discrepancy as to when Maddie was seen last by anyone but her parents, I think there was time to hide the body, was it the same day that Gerry was seen with the suitcase. And I think it is possible that she could have been put into one of their friends room, maybe obrien as he was missing from the dinner table for a long time that night, he may know more than he is telling. He would have had time to do something with Madelaines body.

Gerry took the suitcase to the beach the day after Madeleine disappeared. Very, very bold of him if it contained her body, and they must have felt quite sure that the PJ had "fallen for" their abduction story.

Gerry took the suitcase to the beach the day after Madeleine disappeared. Very, very bold of him if it contained her body, and they must have felt quite sure that the PJ had "fallen for" their abduction story.
This is far out there but anything is possible, he could have had her in the suitcase in case he thought the P LE would search their room while they were out, if Madelaine was with them ( I know this sounds gruesome) they wouldnt find her.

Maybe they were caught up too quickly in something that blew up into a huge international event, or maybe they thought by staying they could direct or stay ahead of the investigation. Maybe they truly felt that by leaving too soon they were not making the most of the opportunity to "help other children" by making Madeleine the focus of international attention.

I truly believe that if Madeleine is dead and they are involved, it was the result of an accident followed by stupid and arrogant thinking, that then rationalized that the best thing would be to salvage their lives for the sake of the other children--and make the most of Maddie's death by making her the poster child for missing children. Enact a European "Amber Alert," change laws, etc.

I always thought it odder that they stayed, rather than leaving.

I have been thinking something along those same lines Texana.I do not believe they killed her on purpose.Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part.
What you say about trying to salvage their lives and making the most of Maddies death makes sense to me.Also some of the things they have done,like the balloon release for example,seem like more of a memorial or tribute for Madeleine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214