Do you think the parents were involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the parents are involved in Madeliene's vanishing?

• Yes, I have always thought that from the start.

Votes: 121 52.2%
  • No, not for a minute do I think the parents are involved.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Yes, but just Kate the Mom was involved.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Yes, but just Gerrythe Dad was involved.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I think the entire dinner party for that night including the parents know what happened.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 32 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have thought that they were involved from the start. Kate McCanns initial statement "They've taken her, they've taken her" was the first thing to alert me! Not a logical response!

Me too. I immediately thought of Scott telling Sharon, "Laci's missing."

I believe the McCanns are involved in the death of Maddie.

While I realize every person is different and we don't all have the same reactions to traumatic events, I think the McCanns behavior has fallen waaay out of any normal parameters for grieving/distraught parents.

The biggest thing I have trouble getting past is the way they let their other two babies go off to the creche every day without them AFTER Maddie's disappearance.

Good grief!!! These people just supposedly had a child snatched from right under their noses! They don't know who did it or for what purpose. For all they know, the kidnapper/molester/killer..whatever, could be lying in wait for an opportunity to grab two other adorable children...and yet, they leave the twins in the care of strangers. This isn't having Aunt Sally or your best friend across the street look after your children - it's dumping them every day with strangers, in a strange town while you play tourist or international ambassador.

I'm sorry - but those actions are just weird to me.

And then there's Jerry's blogging. Criminy! My now 25 year old son was late coming home on the night of his 17th birthday. He knew we were having a big family celebration and it wasn't like him at all to not call when he was going to be late. I was absolutely beside myself. In between calling local hospitals, I was literally pacing through my house, muttering and crying over and over things like, "Please God, let him be OK. Please God let him be alive. Please God let him be OK." My daughter can testify to what a complete and utter basket case I was.

Normally, I like to write. I keep two different blogs online myself. But trust me, in those hours before my son came home, I couldn't have thought a complete sentence, much less written one down.

Gerry and Kate McCann have NEVER appeared to show any true distraught emotions regarding the fact that their beautiful little girl was missing.

While I don't know the exact scenario of what happened to Maddie, I have a strong intuition that Gerry and Kate are responsible for Maddie's death. While I'm sure they loved her, I think their actions since her disappearance seem to show two people who have disassociated the events of that night and now have no emotional affect in regards to Maddie's probable death and their role in snuffing out the life of their precious little girl.

Truthfully, I can't even stomach looking or listening to either of the McCanns. I just hope and pray PLE has plenty of hard evidence against the two of them.

I saw shades of Patsy and John Ramsay in the way they behaved.From the start I suspected them both as I believe parents are always the first suspects in the line and then friends etc...pooling out from the parents.
I have always thought that leaving 3 youngsters whilst boozing with friends was just despicable and showed off their true colours. There is something wrong with those two IMO...
I also always thought Maddie was dead although I had hoped I was wrong and that she would return home safely.

I've got to go against the tide and say I don't think it's probable that the parents are involved. I don't think they're very good parents, and I think they are kind of strange people, but I also don't think there's any convincing evidence that one or both of them killed Madeleine accidentally or otherwise. All I see is rumor and speculation and conflicting reports about what has or hasn't happened.

While I realize every person is different and we don't all have the same reactions to traumatic events, I think the McCanns behavior has fallen waaay out of any normal parameters for grieving/distraught parents.

The biggest thing I have trouble getting past is the way they let their other two babies go off to the creche every day without them AFTER Maddie's disappearance.

Good grief!!! These people just supposedly had a child snatched from right under their noses! They don't know who did it or for what purpose. For all they know, the kidnapper/molester/killer..whatever, could be lying in wait for an opportunity to grab two other adorable children...and yet, they leave the twins in the care of strangers. This isn't having Aunt Sally or your best friend across the street look after your children - it's dumping them every day with strangers, in a strange town while you play tourist or international ambassador.

I'm sorry - but those actions are just weird to me.
Good points. Their behavior, like the Ramseys, indicates they know there is no danger to the other kids. I wonder how the other parents of the Tapas 7 and in the resort in general handled their children in the aftermath of her being reported missing.

All I see is rumor and speculation and conflicting reports about what has or hasn't happened.[/quote]

I completely agree. We have yet to hear any official evidence.

I see this as another JonBenet ... and I think the mother is guilty in both cases, even if it was misplaced anger than led to an accident.

I agree totally, except, in this instance, I think the elaborate cover up is from the father. In the videos that I've seen, her body language towards him speaks volumes. I hope their money doesn't buy them a get out of jail free card.

I see this as another JonBenet ... and I think the mother is guilty in both cases, even if it was misplaced anger than led to an accident.

I also see this as another JonBenet-type case. The evidence has led to the parents as the primary suspects. BUT was it the mother or the father who actually killed the child? Neither of them will confess or implicate the other. It is therefore an unsolvable case because there is no way to know which person to charge. Unless one of them breaks, they will live out their lives as "suspects".

I have a feeling that one of the Tapas friends knows what happened, this may be the weakest link but I doubt it somehow.

I also see this as another JonBenet-type case. The evidence has led to the parents as the primary suspects. BUT was it the mother or the father who actually killed the child? Neither of them will confess or implicate the other. It is therefore an unsolvable case because there is no way to know which person to charge. Unless one of them breaks, they will live out their lives as "suspects".

Where I agree that there is much similar to the Ramseys in terms of the behavior of the parents, this case hasn't panned out like the Ramsey case at all. The PJ has tapped their phones and had them under 24 hour surveilence since the Brits entered the picture to assist. It's been reported that the evidence they've gathered through the tapping of the phones and emails is as strong as the forensic evidence.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"A dossier of covert electronic and physical evidence coupled with forensic reports led to the McCanns both being labelled suspects."

More: http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/t...-name_page.html

In the Ramsey case LE was thwarted from even getting any phone bill logs from the phone company. In this case, they've been able to tap the phones, have 24 hour surveilence for weeks, examine the computers... I think they do know which parent is the one to go after and which one has just been part of the cover up.

[/FONT]

Where I agree that there is much similar to the Ramseys in terms of the behavior of the parents, this case hasn't panned out like the Ramsey case at all. The PJ has tapped their phones and had them under 24 hour surveilence since the Brits entered the picture to assist. It's been reported that the evidence they've gathered through the tapping of the phones and emails is as strong as the forensic evidence.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"A dossier of covert electronic and physical evidence coupled with forensic reports led to the McCanns both being labelled suspects."

More: http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/t...-name_page.html

In the Ramsey case LE was thwarted from even getting any phone bill logs from the phone company. In this case, they've been able to tap the phones, have 24 hour surveilence for weeks, examine the computers... I think they do know which parent is the one to go after and which one has just been part of the cover up.

[/FONT]

If the LE has been able to acquire electronic evidence (ie., tapes of the McCanns discussing their guilt) then that would certainly make a difference in the outcome of this case.

The way I read this case, the McCanns have convicted themselves with discussing Madeleine's demise with each other as well as their Tapas friends up until they realized they were being bugged. Hence, the frequent jogging and visits to the church to speak in private.

Well, I've been able to read through several threads and posts -- all I can say is, I am shocked. I'm not a naive person, but not having spent too much time reading up on this case, admittedly I didn't know very much, other than a few fleeting tidbits.

I NEVER understood why these children were left alone when their parents were out to dinner. These are upper-middle class people -- they're physicians -- surely they could have afforded a babysitter/nanny when they wanted some alone time, so the 'leaving the children alone, but we could still hear them' never made any sense to me.

Well, I'm not surprised. I just hope, if it IS the parents, they come clean and tell where Madeleine is. That little girl deserves a decent burial...

IF the parents are involved, and at this point, I think they are, nothing makes me angrier than knowing how much this couple literally preyed on others for sympathy. To have been involved in your own child's murder and (as with the Ramseys), seek help and financial assistance from caring strangers, is sociopathic behavior. I mean, I'd have some sympathy if this happened accidentally -- if there was a confession from one or both of the parents afterwards and it was found to be truly an accident...that I can accept.
But to cover this whole thing up, all the while knowing what happened, and gleaning public support, sympathy and $$ for a fund to 'help' you find your child...that's another thing.

And for crying out loud, who sedates their children at night? WHY were these children sedated?

The way I read this case, the McCanns have convicted themselves with discussing Madeleine's demise with each other as well as their Tapas friends up until they realized they were being bugged. Hence, the frequent jogging and visits to the church to speak in private.

I think that's entirely possible, too. Else why the leaks about the intercepted emails and phone calls?

Well, I've been able to read through several threads and posts -- all I can say is, I am shocked. I'm not a naive person, but not having spent too much time reading up on this case, admittedly I didn't know very much, other than a few fleeting tidbits.

I NEVER understood why these children were left alone when their parents were out to dinner. These are upper-middle class people -- they're physicians -- surely they could have afforded a babysitter/nanny when they wanted some alone time, so the 'leaving the children alone, but we could still hear them' never made any sense to me. . . .
I agree totally.

Well, Well, Well, this has been said right from the beginning here on WS by a lot of posters, maybe they should have read WS, could have saved a lot of time.

Could this be how LE believes Maddie died, i.e., an accidental overdose of painkiller?

At this time I don't think the parents killed Maddie but I agree they've acted odd.

I have to ask, when did they have time to kill their child and hide her body?

Everyone is so focused on the night she was reported missing, thinking things through, this may have been mentioned, but I'm wondering if something happened BEFORE the dinner party, she was already dead and moved...then dinner (alibi maybe) and return, she's gone!

Could this be how LE believes Maddie died, i.e., an accidental overdose of painkiller?
That is one of the theories they are investigating, but the LE havent released a statement about anything to do with the investigation thus far, only heard about it through the media and Gerry McCann said they sedated their children.

That is one of the theories they are investigating, but the LE havent released a statement about anything to do with the investigation thus far, only heard about it through the media and Gerry McCann said they sedated their children.

Wasn't it said LE had immediately removed the twins from the room when they reported Maddie missing? I wonder if LE tested the twins and noted they were sedated, took tests which came back positive for the presence of those painkillers, then recently confronted the McCanns with their findings? I ask because, IIRC, didn't the McCanns previously deny medicating the children?

Wasn't it said LE had immediately removed the twins from the room when they reported Maddie missing? I wonder if LE tested the twins and noted they were sedated, took tests which came back positive for the presence of those painkillers, then recently confronted the McCanns with their findings? I ask because, IIRC, didn't the McCanns previously deny medicating the children?
They did initially deny sedating their children, but then Gerry admitted that they did sedated the children, but investigation as to what is being kept under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange