Do you think the parents were involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the parents are involved in Madeliene's vanishing?

• Yes, I have always thought that from the start.

Votes: 121 52.2%
  • No, not for a minute do I think the parents are involved.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Yes, but just Kate the Mom was involved.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Yes, but just Gerrythe Dad was involved.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I think the entire dinner party for that night including the parents know what happened.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 32 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Greta tonight one of the guest stated several parents attending had left their children in the rooms?! Also that this is "something" more acceptable in Europe..

I am usually all for guilty, guilty.. not feeling it here. Maybe if I knew more about the parents background.. It strikes me really odd they would wait this long to suspect the parents but then it is another country so we cant assume they act the same as what we are used to here in the US. I just hope it doesnt became another unsolved mystery, I would love to hear this precious child was still alive. Too much doesnt make sense, not just the parents but other parts of the story as well.

Dingo,

I saw the interview tonight but didnt get the same feeling or perspective you did. Guess I was viewing more along the lines of the overwhelming emtions a parent would feel if their child was gone and they were accused.. The mom looked extremely sleep deprived to me as I would be if my child were missing.. Not saying I think they did or didnt do something, my lil hinky meter still isnt feeling it though.

Just curious,

For those who feel without a doubt the parents are involved, just curious as your opinions regarding Ed Smart total backing and support of the parents? From a parent who has been through a similar situation, he would know, I'm guessing, better than most as to what goes on behind the scene. I respect Mr Smart's opinion more so than "leaked, un-verified" media info.

I wondering exactly the same thing. Perhaps the parents had already "done something" to Madeleine well before dinner, and maybe dinner and the whole "checking on the kids every 15 minutes" thing was just a ruse.
I wonder if they so diligently checked on their children every 15 minutes during the previous evenings they spent at the restaurant, or was it only this one night for the benefit of any potential witnesses.

JMO

That is what I have thought too, with the addition of the thought that maybe they drugged the twins so that their memories would be fuzzy and so that they would be out of the parents way while they tended to the coverup.

Just curious,

For those who feel without a doubt the parents are involved, just curious as your opinions regarding Ed Smart total backing and support of the parents? From a parent who has been through a similar situation, he would know, I'm guessing, better than most as to what goes on behind the scene. I respect Mr Smart's opinion more so than "leaked, un-verified" media info.

Straitfan - where did you see Mr. Smart's comments? I heard that he and Mr. Walsh both made comments, but I have seen neither and don't find anything in the media links.

I would be very interested in what they have to say because both men have been in this position.

Thanks,

Salem

Just curious,

I don't feel "without a doubt" that the parents are involved, but things are pointing that way for me. And I think the fact that they left 3 toddlers alone so they could go drinking and partying with their friends, is not unverified information and is also generally not accepted as good parenting behavior. Ed Smart being asleep in his bed when Elizabeth was abducted, was the normal and appropriate behavior for that situation.

But, I do feel that Mr. Smart is entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else here is.

Straitfan - where did you see Mr. Smart's comments? I heard that he and Mr. Walsh both made comments, but I have seen neither and don't find anything in the media links.

I would be very interested in what they have to say because both men have been in this position.

Thanks,

Salem
Hi Salem,

Mr Smart was on LKL tonight, he stated he speaks with the parents via phone, etc. I did see Mr Walsh for a brief moment on some show over the week-end but did not hear his thoughts.

I haven't followed this closely until lately but couldn't help notice how well the mother is put together with her hairdos, jewelry, and clothing. You'd think that she'd be looking like crap at the thought that her daugther could be with a pedophile. I thought she looked like a big drinker even before I read about the 14 bottles of wine because of her skin. Some little things like this plus the dad posting about it all online make me really suspicious of the two.

txsvicki,
I've seen pictures of the mother where she looked terrible. She definitely looked tired, distraught and concerned. I'm still waiting to hear solid evidence against the parents before I make a decision one way or the other about the parent's involvement.

The below link leads to a picture of Kate looking very tired and worried imo.

7713_1.jpg

Wire taps were mentioned on Greta. That is very interesting and could be why the parents are now the main suspects in the case.

txsvicki,
I've seen pictures of the mother where she looked terrible. She definitely looked tired, distraught and concerned. I'm still waiting to hear solid evidence against the parents before I make a decision one way or the other about the parent's involvement.

The below link leads to a picture of Kate looking very tired and worried imo.

7713_1.jpg

or scared...... Either way, whether she was involved or not, I am sure she would still be an emotional wreck.

I am still on the fence, like you, tx --- nothing real concrete has been presented to make me fall off the fence at this point. I'm in a wait and see position right now. I NEED MORE FACTS!!!!

newbie poster here

My own gut feeling is that the parents are guilty of nothing more than leaving their kid alone at night - I just dont buy the various murder theories

Unless they are both the coldest most calculating pyscopaths out there , then I just cant see how they could have murdered the daughter - even accidently then manage to keep the body hidden for 3 weeks - with half of portugese police with dogs on the look out for this - then manage to move the decomposed body into a hire car - I am sorry it just doesnt seem possible

They would have made a mistake somwhere along the line - you just cant make a bodie dissapear

newbie poster here

My own gut feeling is that the parents are guilty of nothing more than leaving their kid alone at night - I just dont buy the various murder theories

Unless they are both the coldest most calculating pyscopaths out there , then I just cant see how they could have murdered the daughter - even accidently then manage to keep the body hidden for 3 weeks - with half of portugese police with dogs on the look out for this - then manage to move the decomposed body into a hire car - I am sorry it just doesnt seem possible

They would have made a mistake somwhere along the line - you just cant make a bodie dissapear
Hi gord and welcome, have you read all the information posted here in this forum and all the links, there are so many inconsistencies in the McCanns and their friends stories, you would be a blind person not to see that something isnt right. I respect your opinion gord, just hope you have read all the information, if you have then I apologise. I would like to know why you dont think the McCanns have anything to do with Madelaines disappearance.

Hi gord and welcome, have you read all the information posted here in this forum and all the links, there are so many inconsistencies in the McCanns and their friends stories, you would be a blind person not to see that something isnt right. I respect your opinion gord, just hope you have read all the information, if you have then I apologise. I would like to know why you dont think the McCanns have anything to do with Madelaines disappearance.

I have read a lot of the threads here - hence why I registered so I could contribute

In any case I suppose there will always be many theories and opinions and all we can have is our opinion until proved otherwise

There are lots of reasons why I dont think they did it - where is the body ? I cant see how in the midst of holiday makers a strange area that they managed to keep a dead body hidden - the Police had blood hounds out . If she was thrown in the sea then the tides would surely have brought it back .

The DNA thing in the hire car makes it even more puzziling - where on earth would the body have been hidden for three weeks ? If she had indeed been place in the trunk.

Until I see cast iron evidence either way then I am erring on the side of the original abduction theory

I have read a lot of the threads here - hence why I registered so I could contribute

In any case I suppose there will always be many theories and opinions and all we can have is our opinion until proved otherwise

There are lots of reasons why I dont think they did it - where is the body ? I cant see how in the midst of holiday makers a strange area that they managed to keep a dead body hidden - the Police had blood hounds out . If she was thrown in the sea then the tides would surely have brought it back .

The DNA thing in the hire car makes it even more puzziling - where on earth would the body have been hidden for three weeks ? If she had indeed been place in the trunk.

Until I see cast iron evidence either way then I am erring on the side of the original abduction theory
There are a lot of unanswered questions for and against the McCanns, lets hope the truth comes out for Madelaines sake, so if she has passed away she can be laid to rest, the thought of that little girl out there somewhere is breaking my heart.

After years of trying to have a baby -- and requiring IVF to finally accomplish that -- I sincerely doubt that Kate & Gerry would off their own, spectacular angel Madeleine, via accident or intention.

No way.

After years of trying to have a baby -- and requiring IVF to finally accomplish that -- I sincerely doubt that Kate & Gerry would off their own, spectacular angel Madeleine, via accident or intention.

No way.

How can you say they wouldn't have possibly done it by accident? The very nature of an accident means that one cannot determine what happens.

I don't know WHAT happend to Maddie but I do know WHO was responsible. Her parents are the direct cause of whatever happened to Madeline. If I hear her Dad say, "luvly madlin" again, I'm going to scream! He's like a broken record! There's too much control of their emotions, too much manipulation of the media, too much arrogance from the McCanns. They are playing the media thinking they can outsmart everyone (they're both doctors and this type of arrogance almost a gold standard as a personality trait). The parents are responsible for the death of Madeline McCann. It is only a matter of time that the world is "shocked" to discover the syndrome of abuse that stems from parents who spend their lives developing their own lives and allow their children to be raised by nannies. It will be another "shocker" of our modern life. The poor McCanns, they were pursuing the dream of career AND family. They only wanted a holiday! (And then convice me that it was OK to spend only one hour a day with their three children and then drug them to sleep so that they could go our with nine friends and enjoy 14 bottles of wine whilst Madeline disappeared.) This is just an example of people who have children which are then raised by non-family caretakers whilst the parents pursue their careers. There's a lack of emotional attachment, motherly love, parental involvement with the McCann children that has lead to Maddie's death.

Thank you for the spot on post!

Playing devils advocate here....why then exclude the McCanns until cast iron evidence proves them innocent?

Just curious,

IMO, Mr. Smart was used as a political ploy to make the McCann's look good.

How does Ed Smart know they are innocent?

Just because they are "friends" doesn't make the McCanns any more likable to me. I wouldn't use my good name to back those 2.:snooty:
No one was moved by that on LK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member