Do you think the parents were involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the parents are involved in Madeliene's vanishing?

• Yes, I have always thought that from the start.

Votes: 121 52.2%
  • No, not for a minute do I think the parents are involved.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Yes, but just Kate the Mom was involved.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Yes, but just Gerrythe Dad was involved.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I think the entire dinner party for that night including the parents know what happened.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 32 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of trying to have a baby -- and requiring IVF to finally accomplish that -- I sincerely doubt that Kate & Gerry would off their own, spectacular angel Madeleine, via accident or intention.

No way.
Yet they left the children alone?

Straitfan - where did you see Mr. Smart's comments? I heard that he and Mr. Walsh both made comments, but I have seen neither and don't find anything in the media links.

I would be very interested in what they have to say because both men have been in this position.

Thanks,

Salem
I saw Walsh on, I believe, CNN on Thursday or Friday. His comments were, basically, the parents are innocent until proven guilty, and we cannot rush to judgement. He jumped to the example of the JonBenet Ramsey case, and his position that the police rushed to judgement in that case and focussed on the parents alone (I don't agree, this is one case where I think Walsh is out to lunch!)

Walsh's comments were, imo, useless.

I don't know who was involved in this tragic event, but it sure looks more and more like the parents are involved.

How can you say they wouldn't have possibly done it by accident? The very nature of an accident means that one cannot determine what happens.

Exactly, Birdie. Plus as Sandra says, they certainly had NO problem with leaving the kids all alone in a strange apartment in a foreign country while they went out to party.

Why would Mr. Smart be considered a kind of personal polygraph (which the McCanns have not taken or made public, by the way) about the McCanns? He's a nice man who I'm sure suffered terribly when his daughter was abducted.

I'm sure he also sympathizes with the understandable regret that the McCanns must be feeling, since he reportedly left his house unlocked and brought home street people to perform handyman chores out of a sense of charity towards them. One of them kidnapped his daughter, which tells me that Mr. Smart is not necessarily the best judge of character, as nice and kind as he is.

My impression of Mr. Smart is that he is, above all, a man who trusts his fellow human beings and wants to believe the best of them. It's nice that in his line of work, unlike police detectives, he has the luxury of continuing to believe that way.

Why would Mr. Smart be considered a kind of personal polygraph (which the McCanns have not taken or made public, by the way) about the McCanns? He's a nice man who I'm sure suffered terribly when his daughter was abducted.

I'm sure he also sympathizes with the understandable regret that the McCanns must be feeling, since he reportedly left his house unlocked and brought home street people as handymen out of a since of charity towards them, and one of them eventually kidnapped his daughter.

My impression of Mr. Smart is that he is, above all, a man who trusts his fellow human beings and wants to believe the best of them. It's nice that in his line of work, unlike police detectives, he has the luxury of continuing to believe that way.

Very good analogy. I hadn't thought of that but yes, a parent who had a misnomer would be apologetic to that discrepancy. The grief accompanying a mistake would carry you a long way into why you weren't being a better parent. Then, you might try to disolve that misnomer in another case. Not saying that this is the incident but it could be.

Gerry McCann, for all his weird behavior, could come across as quite credible and sincere to others. I have no doubt he charmed his way into John Walsh's good graces and Ed Smart's too.

I'm sure he also sympathizes with the understandable regret that the McCanns must be feeling, since he reportedly left his house unlocked and brought home street people to perform handyman chores out of a sense of charity towards them. One of them kidnapped his daughter, which tells me that Mr. Smart is not necessarily the best judge of character, as nice and kind as he is.

Texana- This is exactly how I feel about Ed Smart. I think he is a nice man and by nature is very trusting and sees the best in everyone. I don't think he wasnts to believe that they could have done this. Nice man but, I think he's a bit naieve even after all he has been through with Elizabeth.

Gerry McCann, for all his weird behavior, could come across as quite credible and sincere to others. I have no doubt he charmed his way into John Walsh's good graces and Ed Smart's too.

A'la Scooter Peterson the Charmer?? :doh:

I don't know WHAT happend to Maddie but I do know WHO was responsible. Her parents are the direct cause of whatever happened to Madeline. If I hear her Dad say, "luvly madlin" again, I'm going to scream! He's like a broken record! There's too much control of their emotions, too much manipulation of the media, too much arrogance from the McCanns. They are playing the media thinking they can outsmart everyone (they're both doctors and this type of arrogance almost a gold standard as a personality trait). The parents are responsible for the death of Madeline McCann. It is only a matter of time that the world is "shocked" to discover the syndrome of abuse that stems from parents who spend their lives developing their own lives and allow their children to be raised by nannies. It will be another "shocker" of our modern life. The poor McCanns, they were pursuing the dream of career AND family. They only wanted a holiday! (And then convice me that it was OK to spend only one hour a day with their three children and then drug them to sleep so that they could go our with nine friends and enjoy 14 bottles of wine whilst Madeline disappeared.) This is just an example of people who have children which are then raised by non-family caretakers whilst the parents pursue their careers. There's a lack of emotional attachment, motherly love, parental involvement with the McCann children that has lead to Maddie's death.
Excellent post ..I agree with you.

My intentions are not to shove my opinion down anyone's throat. But I would like to list what bugs me about the parents.

1. Leaving the children alone is an obvious first.

Why did the McCanns take their children to Portugal in the first place if all they were going to do was stick them in childcare all day and go out drinking by themselves at night? Why not use a nanny or a relative to care for the kids back in the UK so they could have some time for themselves if that's what they wanted? Or was going to Portugal as a family like the rest of their buddies (and not looking selfish) more important?

They went out with friends every night. But "the parents say that they were justified in doing so because they felt that they ‘also needed a holiday’".

http://functionpix.com/index.php/ar...acker_detectives_in_too_late_say_police/1543/

Mrs. Fenn said one of the children cried for 75 minutes two nights before Madeleine disappeared, and the staff warned the McCanns about leaving the children alone. They did it again anyway, and we all have heard the results- Maddie is gone.

2. Why were the McCanns so positive she'd been kidnapped to the point of insisting it was the only reality? Madeleine had already wandered away from the apartment and hid on one occasion. How could the McCanns be so sure she hadn't wandered away again, especially since it appears the friends weren't doing such a great job of checking the kids. And there are discrepancies about the Cuddle Cat issue from Kate's own mouth.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1673666&postcount=78
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1673727&postcount=79

3. I will agree that the distance between the Tapas bar and who checked the children when could as easily be a butt-saving excuse for their leaving-the-kids-alone neglect, so I won't use it here. Let's just say they made excuses for their behavior and kept changing the story over and over.

But we've heard how Jane Tanner claims she saw someone walking away from the apartment that night carrying something in a blanket. Weeks later (after Murat was named an arguido) she modified her statement into "Murat was carrying Madeleine". And we have another eyewitness- Jeremy Wilkins who was chatting up Gerry McCann at the same time JT claims she saw the man- who not only didn't see the stranger, but didn't see JT either. Why did the parents' friends make stuff up and change their stories to fit the subject? Why were the McCanns so desperate to indict someone who appears to have had no part in her disappearance?

4. For two people who were positive that their daughter had been kidnapped, why has the information about Madeleine been so vague? The McCanns insist that she was taken out of the country to various places- Morocco, the Netherlands, etc. So why were the missing Maddie posters only in two languages- English and Portuguese? Why not Dutch or Arabic? Why did the website not contain any physical description of her- hair color, height, weight? Why were logical suggestions by random strangers who wanted to help find Madeleine (and posted to the website e-mail) denigrated by the McCanns and their family? Why did the McCanns ignore help that was offered for free to help look for her?

http://ionglobaltrends.blogspot.com/2007/08/once-twice-three-times-team-mccann.html

5. People have said stuff like, the police told the McCanns not to cry because it's what the kidnapper wants to see, and that's why they appear so cold and detached. IMO, true emotions aren't something you can turn off and on. If you're desperately worried that your tiny toddler daughter might be in the hands of a pedophile who is raping her or may have killed her, you are not going to be able to hide that fear. You will not be relaxed, smiling and waving at photo ops two weeks later. You will not be going on shopping sprees and worrying about jogging, haircuts and suntans. You will either completely fall apart or look as if you're going to.

And as far as having to keep a stiff upper lip for your remaining two children, it's BS. With the exception of a very rare day, the McCanns had a steady flow of family members coming and going into Portugal. Sean and Amelie spent almost every day at the resort creche.

And why does Gerry's blog talk so little about Madeleine herself? Why in almost every interview the McCanns have done, when given an opportunity to say something directly to their daughter, does Kate say, "Madeleine knows we love her"? And not in a warm, caring voice either.

She isn't talking to her directly. She isn't saying, "Honey, we love you and are looking for you. We will find and save you." For all they know, if Madeleine was really kidnapped she was probably told her parents don't want her. So couldn't the McCanns try to counteract that claim through a direct appeal of their own in hopes she'd see it? I'll tell you, if I was an abducted child and saw my parents respond like Kate did, I wouldn't feel loved or wanted.

6. I'm no expert on body language, but the video interviews of the parents are sickening to watch. They say that people who lie can't look directly into your face- they gaze around, etc. That's exactly what the McCanns do in their interviews. When asked difficult questions, they ignore them or change the subject. It's all about them and trying to convince the world they did nothing wrong, not finding their daughter.

I would LOVE to hear the McCann's tell what happened that night in layed out direct questions and direct answers. I want to ask Kate,

What did you see when you entered the room and found your daughter missing?
What led you to believe she had been abducted?
Was something out of place? Was the door jimmied or the window? Was there blood on the scene?
What was your first reaction to finding her gone? Did you run from the room back to the Tapas Bar and what did you shout? It is reported you shouted, "They've taken her", but I have also heard reported, "Madeleine is gone!".. So exactly what did you say? And if you said. "They" why did you say "they"?
Why did you leave your two children alone to dash back to the bar if you thought Madeleine was kidnapped?

You get the jest here.. I could go on and on. The only questions I have heard the McCann's answer directly was that they did not drug their children though grandpop said they did give them Calpol which is like Tylenol.

When you ask a person quetions and they answer them I can get a very good feel if they are lieing or not. That is what I need... I need to hear them speak about the details of the night.

"The McCanns insist that she was taken out of the country to various places- Morocco, the Netherlands, etc. "
That's a nice thought, but statistics are she was dead within three hours.

I voted for "Kate the mom" but really I'm not totally into that train of thought. I honestly think if either of them did it, it was probably an accident. Then they had to do a major cover-up.

"The McCanns insist that she was taken out of the country to various places- Morocco, the Netherlands, etc. "
That's a nice thought, but statistics are she was dead within three hours.

Exactly, one wonders why they are so adamant about her being alive, even saying she is most certainly "safe."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties