Does Anyone in the Anthony Family Want Justice for Caylee?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the only one's that want justice are Cindy's brother Rick & her mother. They are not sucked into Casey's lies & Cindy's fantasies.

I would venture to say if someone else had killed Caylee, the Anthony's would be at every hearing. They would be demanding justice for Caylee with no pusnishment being to harsh nor to painful for the killer to endure. With the killer being their own daughter they will continue the mantra she is a kind, loving mother who only left her daughter to go to "work." I am positive we will see them continue to blame others, her friends. Cindy will continue to say they are bad people who fed Casey drugs, brain washed her or got her into a satinic cult. They will never accept Casey did this because she hated her mother, didnt want to be a mother & does not have the capacity to love anyone. Casey is just pure evil who walked among us.

If I am to call Casey Anthony 'evil' - now what can I to call Jeffrey Dahmer?:confused:

The Anthony's really can't win if they were there it would be interpreted as being there for Casey and when they aren't there it is seen as not being there for Caylee. But my comments are really more generalized and not specific to their situation, there is no one size fits all for what a crime victims family wants or needs. For some the trial does bring some closure, for others it is torture and the revictimizing of their loved one while the accused gets every level of their "rights" protected and fought over. Watching the attorney's play a who can win the chess game scenario that leave the family feeling like it has very little to do with justice for their dead family member. And for others even when the conviction comes in they are left with the realization that they had too much hope attached to the conviction helping them heal. At the end of the day your loved one is still dead and very little has changed. The trial at this point to *me* is about the law and removing dangerous people from our society, any healing it brings to the family is welcomed and any additional pain it inflicts unfortunate. MOO...

Wow! I'm not arguing. I'm just thinking and find it interesting as to others thoughts.

I just tire of Salem, 1692 redux all the time it seems in these very sad sad cases.

Why does a mother kill her own? Many reasons and none of them good enough or sane enough.

This person will meet what is called Justice in our County and if that suits your taste you will be pleased. The Law will work.

Radio, if ever we can fully understand the inner workings of a "sociopath", we might someday understand how this can happen. In them meantime, there is the best deterrent we have to any further actions from these offenders in our laws of appropriate charges and trials by jury for such offenses. It does not matter if it suits my taste or not. Yes, the laws will work. I do not take solice in revenge but it (the system) is what it is.

That's just not true. If you're beating your child, then CPS should be called. If you feel a need to hit your child as discipline, you need to take a step back and wonder why as it says more about the parent's failings than the child.

Giving your child a good old fashion spanking isnt abusing your child.My child is 22 years old and I have spanked her twice when she was younger and it hurt her pride more then the spanking itself. She is a very respective young lady today that respect her elders and thats alot more then I can say about some kids theses days.

Being serious here, which side of the courtroom do you presume they would sit on if they did show up to court? I think they should be there to support their granddaughter but don't think they see it that way. One of the criminal defense attys. on NG last night made a good point about them probably wanting to avoid the media spotlight.[/

Or they don't want to be the objects of derision after they tried to lead so so many people on a futile wild goose chase. There have been so many who have tried to help them only to have the A's arrogantly and defiantly and publicly reject this help. In their shock they chose to act "above the law." They have covered up Casey's crimes for so long that they didn't even realize when they waded into an area that was over their heads and beyond their control. On top of the shock and horror and grief they have suffered, they must also feel betrayed and humiliated.

Can anyone think of a case where a mother killed a child out of spite rather than mental illness? Offhand, I cannot.

They don't get this kind of coverage but it happens all the time. Custody battles, women left by the father for another woman. Not to mention women who kill their kids to be with another man, or because they would rather get high, or they don't want to be a mom. Casey is not a rare specimen, she just happens to be one of those stories that catches the media's attention and gets enough public interest to keep that focus. Just like SP killing his pregnant wife was far from rare or unique, it is just the story we all know.

The Anthony's really can't win if they were there it would be interpreted as being there for Casey and when they aren't there it is seen as not being there for Caylee. But my comments are really more generalized and not specific to their situation, there is no one size fits all for what a crime victims family wants or needs. For some the trial does bring some closure, for others it is torture and the revictimizing of their loved one while the accused gets every level of their "rights" protected and fought over. Watching the attorney's play a who can win the chess game scenario that leave the family feeling like it has very little to do with justice for their dead family member. And for others even when the conviction comes in they are left with the realization that they had too much hope attached to the conviction helping them heal. At the end of the day your loved one is still dead and very little has changed. The trial at this point to *me* is about the law and removing dangerous people from our society, any healing it brings to the family is welcomed and any additional pain it inflicts unfortunate. MOO...

Insightful.:)

OK, just read the Routier case on Wikipedia. Want to cry now. Maybe I just can't fathom how a mother could kill her child if not for mental illness.

You are right on that. We are all rooting for Caylee here. Well at least most of us are. But what did you mean by 'Oh, and by the way, the 'A's now know it. I haven't heard them come out of denial yet?

One more thing, not only is LE and the prosecution fighting for justice for Caylee, so are all those that have been keeping up with every detail related to this case, as are all the searchers, NG, Orange County ME's office and Websleuthers alike. We're all fighting for justice for Caylee. Oh, and by the way, the "A"'s now know it.

Postpartum depression is not a mental illness.

I don't think this is any case of post partum depression. KC is just pure evil. She isn't depressed. With PPD the woman usually can't even function. They aren't out partying and sleeping with men. I think the defense would have a hard time claiming KC had that. You can tell by looking at her that she is just a big psychopath. Never seen such vacant eyes.

Radio, if ever we can fully understand the inner workings of a "sociopath", we might someday understand how this can happen. In them meantime, there is the best deterrent we have to any further actions from these offenders in our laws of appropriate charges and trials by jury for such offenses. It does not matter if it suits my taste or not. Yes, the laws will work. I do not take solice in revenge but it (the system) is what it is.

Sorry Baz - I didn't see this.

Yes, until we understand the sociopathic mind - all we can do is what we do at present and possibly get involved in our schools, neigborhoods and see if any at all can be headed off the wrong path onto the right path.

OK, just read the Routier case on Wikipedia. Want to cry now. Maybe I just can't fathom how a mother could kill her child if not for mental illness.

Yes, one would think that they would have to be certifiable, papers in hand, tatooed on the forehead crazzzy, but it's just not so. Sometimes though hard to believe, they are just mean, jealous and selfish. Oldest motives known to man.

You are right on that. We are all rooting for Caylee here. Well at least most of us are. But what did you mean by 'Oh, and by the way, the 'A's now know it. I haven't heard them come out of denial yet?

I haven't heard them come out of denial yet either. I haven't even seen them stick their head out of the house yet!!

What I meant was the A's have to now know on a grand scale that the entire world is watching this case unfold. With such overwhelming evidence coming out each day AGAINST KC, I think realization is setting in that there WILL be justice for Caylee that they must accept.

Can anyone think of a case where a mother killed a child out of spite rather than mental illness? Offhand, I cannot.

Susan Smith and Diana Downs both murdered their children because new
boyfriend wasnt interested in being a step dad.

Is that spite ? I think so .

Probably many more examples those are the first two that come to mind.

Susan Smith and Diana Downs both murdered their children because new
boyfriend wasnt interested in being a step dad.

Is that spite ? I think so .

Probably many more examples those are the first two that come to mind.

I know about Susan Smith and yes she did. :mad:

Always wondered why she didn't just give them to their Dad???

Always wonder at the choices they make.

You know, he was evil too but he had a conscience!! He felt bad for what he did (he said) but KC doesn't even seem to have a conscience!! At least he admitted to what he did and said he should never be let out in public again. She is trying to get away with her crime and thinks she is going free to party again some day. I don't know who she thinks would ever want to befriend her again but I think she thinks she is going free some day.

If I am to call Casey Anthony 'evil' - now what can I to call Jeffrey Dahmer?:confused:

Oh, I so agree with you. She simply cannot be right. No one is that selfish. Your hormones and maternal instinct should make you protect your child at all costs. I just can't figure it out, but I know Casey cannot be right in the head.

Not attacking your post at all, just using it as jumping off point <smile>... I think the belief that women are just wired to protect their child at all costs is a fallacy and one that good nurturing women have a hard time accepting (compliment to all the good moms out there). But it is more than hormones. Giving birth just indicates that your reproductive organs work.

There are way too many abused, neglected and dead children in our country to think that women are just naturally wired to protect their kids *unless* there is a major mental illness present. And it is my opinion that if we were more critically aware of that we would see much earlier indicators of problems, when it might still be early enough to teach these women what they don't know or get their children out of the situation. And more importantly make it okay for women who don't feel that motherly instinct kick in to say "hey, I think I need help here" without societies response being "being a mom is the most natural thing in the world and if you can't feel it/do it you have a mental defect". There is a lot of room in the middle for improvement. The extremes are hard to modify.

MOO- biased as an abused child and someone who has chosen not to have kids because of it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back