Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you would think instead of repeated reports of roll call at 10, we'd have had repeated reports of a head count at 8:45 or 8:50 or something like that.

Particularly the school. You would think in all that Shelby and Keefer have said, they'd have said, "Well, the teacher did a quick head count (or quick visual scan to verify all students who should have been there, were indeed there) just before putting the children into groups, between 8:45 and 9."

Maybe. I just don't understand why she's still a teacher there if these school district people know that she didn't give a darn who was there and who wasn't unless it was time for the official roll call sheet to be signed.

I don't remember TP mentioning the time?

After he describes the substitute panicking about kyron missing, the teacher calms the sub down and then TP relays that the substitute then left. It has been previously assumed that the sub took the group of kids off to view the rooms. But if you watch that video, he describes walking past kyron as their two SEPARATE groups pass each other going to see different displays in other rooms. When they get back to the room is when the sub panics. THEN the sub leaves. School was starting its normal routine then, no need for the tour guide to stay any longer.

Also, I apologize if this is stated somewhere and I missed it, but does anyone know what time the busses arrived at school on the day of the SF? That would probably answer my question from above. If the buses arrived at 8:00 am that morning, then the kids probably divided into groups at 8:15. But if the busses arrived at 8:45, then the kids probably divided into groups at 9:00.

IIRC, LE did say that Kyron was last seen at around 9 ;00 a.m. by the front entrance to the school. He was seen by another child. His SM was probably the last known adult to see him that morning. MOO IMO

All JMO

Yes, Staton did, prior to the statement I referenced by Gates. He said a student LE had interviewed the morning of that press conference saw Kyron at 9 at the south entrance.

However, I was responding to Gates statement in the post I quoted. LE gave no time for Terri last seeing Kyron.

Also, I apologize if this is stated somewhere and I missed it, but does anyone know what time the busses arrived at school on the day of the SF? That would probably answer my question from above. If the buses arrived at 8:00 am that morning, then the kids probably divided into groups at 8:15. But if the busses arrived at 8:45, then the kids probably divided into groups at 9:00.

Hi Bluestars. To confuse things even more, the PTA lady says the groups began the tour at 8:15. I don't know how the bus kids were added to the tour if they arrived later.

Yes, Staton did, prior to the statement I referenced by Gates. He said a student LE had interviewed the morning of that press conference saw Kyron at 9 at the south entrance.

However, I was responding to Gates statement in the post I quoted. LE gave no time for Terri last seeing Kyron.

So, that certainly contradicts Terri version of leaving at 8:45 when the bell rang. But perhaps this witness is incorrect if Terrie was at FM around 9:10 ish.

Hi Bluestars. To confuse things even more, the PTA lady says the groups began the tour at 8:15. I don't know how the bus kids were added to the tour if they arrived later.

See, that's what I heard too. I heard the kids gathered into groups at 8:15 and Terri didn't want Kyron in the group because she wanted to tour with him. That's just something someone posted, so I have no way of verifying this. Thank you for your answer though. It's possible that what Terri told her mother was not the truth.

Other than what Terri said to her mother Carol, and what Carol reported to the media, has there been any confirmation on what time the children actually reported to class to divide into groups? I have read conflicting comments regarding the time that the children were divided into groups.

I believe the sign on the outside of the school stated the SF was from 8:00 until 10:00. I read somewhere that the children divided into groups at 8:15, but it's just from a random person.

I know the media has repeated Terri's version, but it would be great to get an official version, or at least a version from someone other than Terri. If anyone has a source for that information that didn't come from Terri, I would appreciate it.

I would take this as Gina Zimmerman, the head of the PTA, confirming/supporting Carol Moulton's version (I've never seen Terri's version):

The stepmother said she last saw Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. walking down the hallway toward his classroom, according to a sheriff's office news release.

It was not clear, however, whether Kyron, like every other student in the school, then participated in a classroom-to-classroom inspection of other science projects.

Parent-led groups of about four students walked among the classrooms, said Gina Zimmerman, president of the Skyline PTA.

"You were supposed to stay with your group," Zimmerman said. "I don't know what group he was in."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

Maybe. I just don't understand why she's still a teacher there if these school district people know that she didn't give a darn who was there and who wasn't unless it was time for the official roll call sheet to be signed.

Which puts me back at thinking TP's described event took place at approx 8:45-9.

I would take this as Gina Zimmerman, the head of the PTA, confirming/supporting Carol Moulton's version (I've never seen Terri's version):

The stepmother said she last saw Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. walking down the hallway toward his classroom, according to a sheriff's office news release.

It was not clear, however, whether Kyron, like every other student in the school, then participated in a classroom-to-classroom inspection of other science projects.

Parent-led groups of about four students walked among the classrooms, said Gina Zimmerman, president of the Skyline PTA.

"You were supposed to stay with your group," Zimmerman said. "I don't know what group he was in."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

Yes, that would confirm that the children gathered into groups. I'm just trying to find out the true time they gathered into groups. It would be great if a Skyline parent could at least confirm the time the kids gathered into groups. Since it was a public event, I don't think that would be hurting the investigation to confirm a time.

The buses arrive at something like 8:32. It's before the first bell at 8:35.

So, that certainly contradicts Terri version of leaving at 8:45 when the bell rang. But perhaps this witness is incorrect if Terrie was at FM around 9:10 ish.

Unless it wasn't Terri who took him from the school.

I'd like to discuss the "creepy" man the children reported seeing at the school that morning, but I need a link and I can't link to a FB of a minor'

Here is the original post from June 5, the day after Kyron goes missing:

"Kids on FB are discussing this case. They claim that there was a "creepy" man at the school walking around by himself. They also said that the school was open for people to come and go."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5253270&postcount=251"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1[/ame]

Does anyone have another reference for the creepy man seen that morning? TIA

This is just my opinion, but Kyron being addressed as missing and assumed at the bathroom could have been during any time throughout the group tour. unless someone knows otherwise I don't think it was stated that this conversation took place in the classroom. I believe it was in part 1 or 2 of the dateline interview there is a quick clip of one of the school entrances where you can clearly see a convoy of children running down the stairs only a few feet away from the wide open double doors to the outside. this looked like the stairwell beside kyrons classroom and I wonder if their intention was to quietly point out the lack of security in the building while filming.:waitasec:

See, that's what I heard too. I heard the kids gathered into groups at 8:15 and Terri didn't want Kyron in the group because she wanted to tour with him. That's just something someone posted, so I have no way of verifying this. Thank you for your answer though. It's possible that what Terri told her mother was not the truth.

Or that Terri's mom got it confused, misunderstood, etc. Or the reporter made a typo with the 8:15, and should have been 8:45.

Terri left and a witness says she left alone. This same witness says he saw Kyron after that, in his group with the substitute, walking in the halls going to look at other rooms. This same witness says the substitute only noticed Kyron was missing as all the groups gathered back in the classroom at the end of the tour to start regular classes. This same witness says the sub panicked, and the teacher said Kyron was probably in the bathroom. This same witness then says the sub left.

That means Kyron was assigned to a group, went with the group, and while with that group, disappeared.

Unless it wasn't Terri who took him from the school.

No that is true, I am just trying to reconcile how if LE are confident enough to state Terri was the last know person to see Kyron, how someone other than an abductotor later saw him KWIM. :banghead:

Yes, that would confirm that the children gathered into groups. I'm just trying to find out the true time they gathered into groups. It would be great if a Skyline parent could at least confirm the time the kids gathered into groups. Since it was a public event, I don't think that would be hurting the investigation to confirm a time.

IMO, the groups formed after school started at 8:45. I've read numerous accounts that the classes divided up into groups and toured for about an hour, then returned in time to start regular studies at 10. That makes sense that they wouldn't divide up until after 8:45, as it's obvious not all children attended the before-school tours with their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222