Donna Brock

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lmao..........that is just sooooooooo typical of everything in this case. A plea of no plea.

ETA.....I'm guessing she's working on a deal and no plea will be entered until she/LE may/may not reach an agreement.

Does this help? From the LawGeek

When a person is charged with commiting a crime, he or she is given the opportunity to respond. There are three possible responses: a guilty plea, not guilty plea, and no contest plea. If a defendant does not enter a plea, a plea of not guilty will be entered for him or her. From the Latin, nolo contendre, no contest means the person does not refute the charges, but also does not claim guilt for the charges. This can save time if a person convicted of a crime must stipulate to each of the charges.

I don't know if that helped me or not, ladonna! LOL! Legaleze is my weakness on WS, to be honest.

Well, didn't it say felony jury trial.....disposed, and then sentencing 9/1/2010? Doesn't this mean no jury trial? I have no idea if this is right, but it appears all that is left is the sentencing.

My sources say a NO PLEA is rare, but if the defendant enters NO PLEA, then the court has to enter a NOT GUILTY plea for them. He's guessing maybe they meant a NOLO PLEA?

Is there a trial date set? :waitasec:

Well, didn't it say felony jury trial.....disposed, and then sentencing 9/1/2010? Doesn't this mean no jury trial? I have no idea if this is right, but it appears all that is left is the sentencing.

Yes, I think you're right. It's probably a NOLO plea.

If she pled NOLO, then she must be petrified. After listening to her jail call and how she thought it all was so unfair and how desperate she seemed, holy cow.

If her attorney suggested going NOLO and she took it, then I have to think Misty must be nuts to plea not guilty.

I wonder if a 'no plea' is the same as 'standing mute'.

I need a bigger brain.

No bigger brain needed Cherry. I think that is exactly what it means. Then the court would have to enter a NOT GUILTY on her behalf. But I do think they meant a NOLO plea and with a minimum mandatory of 25 years, I really don't understand why she would do this. I don't think any jury would convict her to a 25 year term for a one-time drug deal, but that's just me.

If she pled NOLO, then she must be petrified. After listening to her jail call and how she thought it all was so unfair and how desperate she seemed, holy cow.

If her attorney suggested going NOLO and she took it, then I have to think Misty must be nuts to plea not guilty.

I don't think Misty has any choice but to plea not guilty if she keeps REFUSING to give any information in the Haleigh case. Stand back while I throw a brick at her head. J/K

I found this, but I don't think it helps at all!

Question:
what does "disposed" mean on a court case, say, misdemeanor or felony, and then next to it it says "disposed"

Answer:
When a legal case is "disposed", this simply means that the case was resolved in some way. It could have been thrown out, the charges could have been dropped, or a deal could have been reached. Often, the court records you are permitted to see include only very brief summaries. Without a more detailed record, it is difficult to say what the 'disposition' of the case might have been.

Depending on the exact nature of the case, and the jurisdiction of the court, you could research the laws on that particular offense at that time and in that place. That would at least give you all the legal possibilities. However, it would involve a lot of legal research, and still would not tell you which of these possibilities was the correct one in 'your' case.

http://www.faq4me.net/Law_Ethics/1390772.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back