Dr Phil w/ George and Cindy Anthony (Show airs 9.13.2011)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not usually a Dr Phil fan but I have to say he did a good job with this interview. George and Cindy know that people want an explanation from them about their daughter and the events. I think they did try to explain themselves. I dont think Cindy was making excuses or lying. She was trying to explain her thought process at the time. Of course she didnt want to believe that her daughter could do this. The brain tumor, hormones and seizures are not Cindys excuse as much as her wondering if there could be some explanation for this. It will take a long time for them to process the fact that their daughter killed their granddaughter., Who wants to think, as a parent, that the child you raised could do this. that's what I got out of the interview. George and Cindy are not perfect, they have made mistakes. Whenever there is a tragedy some people tend to rewrite history. Cindy may be rewriting history here a bit for her own benefit, but I dont think its to be devious. I think its so she can digest it.

Time will tell if CA's excuses pan out regarding her daughter - unless there is some medical miracle wouldn't at least one or more of the felons problematic health problems resurface in the event they are real?

Dr Phil ..Casey did NOT want her father to live in the house while her, her mom and Caylee were there. George had moved out and KC did not want him to come back. George had been gone from cindy since the birth of Caylee. Her dad wanted the house sold and divided up. KC was furious..she told cindy dad is trying to get rid of Caylee and me.

.....Here is the start of the power play between kc and cindy. It appears this is the start of how kc was going to use Caylee to split up her parents....typical Borderline Behavior!

Thanks to all of you that watched and gave those of us that didn't tune in the great synopsis of the interview. Very much appreciated as I couldn't and wouldn't watch CA spin her tales.

IMO it's not just one thing, it is the totality of everything. At what point was it obvious that Casey needed some kind of help, not that it was a sign that she would murder her child. IMO, least needing help was apparent years before Caylee was born.

There is a pattern there that reminds me alot of Mark Hacking and others. Their lies back them into a corner and they for whatever reason they feel commiting murder will solve their problem and keep their lies a secret.

I'd have to go back thru the events before the pregnancy to make a good judgment call, but I do know this: I would never have tolerated KC's behavior in the 31 days after Caylee's disappearance. CA missed some serious, whale sized, multi colored flags during that time period.
CA was talking to KC during that time, and she sensed something was wrong, but her propensity for denial was stronger than her common sense.

It still is, in many ways. Dr. Phil confronted her when she said I'm not making excused for kC, and he said yes you are. What do you think, George?

Has that conversation never come up between GA and CA? Has CA never been shown how she does indeed make excuses? I wonder if she insists with those she talks to that she doesn't need therapy. She needs it, and I'm not being hateful. She really needs to come to terms with this stuff.

Dr Phil ..Casey did NOT want her father to live in the house while her, her mom and Caylee were there. George had moved out and KC did not want him to come back. George had been gone from cindy since the birth of Caylee. Her dad wanted the house sold and divided up. KC was furious..she told cindy dad is trying to get rid of Caylee and me.

.....Here is the start of the power play between kc and cindy. It appears this is the start of how kc was going to use Caylee to split up her parents....typical Borderline Behavior!

Somehow this sentence just proves to me that the major cause for George and Cindy's breakup was CASEY! I would imagine that she was always pulling the powerplay between the two.

However, after watching this first episode, I've come to the conclusion that Casey's condition was hereditary.

After Cindy got through laying out all the ridiculous excuses: 1. post partum schizophrenia 2. Brain Tumor 3. Gran Mal Seizures......I loved it when Dr. Phil just looked straight at her never cracking a smile and asked her:

"Have you ever considered that she just may be a narcissistic psychopath?" (Paraphrasing) That was priceless. He got down to the nitty gritty and that is exactly what he believes Casey is.:floorlaugh:

I think George thinks she is too.

imo

Time will tell if CA's excuses pan out regarding her daughter - unless there is some medical miracle wouldn't at least one or more of the felons problematic health problems resurface in the event they are real?

I sincerely doubt any of these medical situations are real. But I can see why Cindy would try and grasp at something to explain her daughters behavior. Watching Cindy all this time, I do think Cindy is a person who kind of thinks out loud. She says whats she is thinking and I do think she said those things about the seizure, hormones and brain tumor not so much to make an excuse for KC, but more along the lines of just verbalizing things she has thought of to explain this..to herself

I think they both know the truth and have since the day they picked up the car.

Hook them both up to a polygraph and ask them a few simple yes/no answers. Phil has access to a polygrapher so why not use it on the biggest liars most of us have ever seen?

- Do you believe Casey killed Caylee?
- Do you believe her corpse was in the Sunfire?
- Do you believe Casey duct taped her mouth and nose suffocating her to death?
- Do you believe Casey stuffed her in garbage bags and YOUR laundry bag then dumped her body in the swamp?
- Are you a liar?

The show could take one hour or less.

IMO

I don't know, I really think this woman believes her own lies.. I think she would pass with flying colors and shock everyone.. including herself.

I didn't get to see it so thank to all who posted and gave us the scoop.

After reading and seeing clips, it is obvious that the apple doesn't fall far beneath tree where mother and daughter are concerned. Only problem is, FCA was a master at it and Cindy is failing miserably. I don't know anyone who believes her carp and any credibility that she did have is gone as far as I am concerned.

I am setting my DVR for tomorrow....I hope DP digs harder and deeper.

I sincerely doubt any of these medical situations are real. But I can see why Cindy would try and grasp at something to explain her daughters behavior. Watching Cindy all this time, I do think Cindy is a person who kind of thinks out loud. She says whats she is thinking and I do think she said those things about the seizure, hormones and brain tumor not so much to make an excuse for KC, but more along the lines of just verbalizing things she has thought of to explain this..to herself

And there-in lies the problem.

Im not usually a Dr Phil fan but I have to say he did a good job with this interview. George and Cindy know that people want an explanation from them about their daughter and the events. I think they did try to explain themselves. I dont think Cindy was making excuses or lying. She was trying to explain her thought process at the time. Of course she didnt want to believe that her daughter could do this. The brain tumor, hormones and seizures are not Cindys excuse as much as her wondering if there could be some explanation for this. It will take a long time for them to process the fact that their daughter killed their granddaughter., Who wants to think, as a parent, that the child you raised could do this. that's what I got out of the interview. George and Cindy are not perfect, they have made mistakes. Whenever there is a tragedy some people tend to rewrite history. Cindy may be rewriting history here a bit for her own benefit, but I dont think its to be devious. I think its so she can digest it.

Great post Peepers. The only thing is do we know if George and Cindy really believe that their daughter killed their granddaughter. They can't process and begin to heal if they can't accept that as a fact. MOO.

So...Casey had a grand mal seizure at home on bond, something CA and GA had never seen happen to her before but could obviously be (1) medically concerning and (2) helpful to her defense, so they...um...just watched her have the seizure and never mentioned it to anyone? No 911 call like for stolen gas cans and protestors? No medical follow-up visit like for suspected bloating? :waitasec:

Is this normal in the Anthony family: when a family member is in distress you just watch to see if they will die? If not, great; if so, throw them in the woods?:banghead:

Dr Phil is an entertainment show in the world of mostly "make believe". Based on that, I guess you can call it a huge success.

Admittedly I have not read the entire thread. Has anyone brought up the money they were paid for the interview? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I KNOW it is a donation to the "foundation". Anyway, will any of these journalists ask this question? WTH? Why is no one asking? It's a 501c3 right? HOW.MUCH.DID.THEY.GET.PAID? And, yes, I'm yelling.

Follow the money. They had to come up with something new/different to boost their media stock.

Dr. Phil covered the "Hot Body Contest" following Caylee's death but I was really hoping that he would show the video of Casey and Tony in Blockbuster video renting movies. This was immediately following Caylee's death. Even worse in my opinion.

Great post Peepers. The only thing is do we know if George and Cindy really believe that their daughter killed their granddaughter. They can't process and begin to heal if they can't accept that as a fact. MOO.

I believe George has accepted it although it broke his heart.

Can you imagine him trying to reason with Cindy? He could tell her all the reasons why he feels Casey did kill Caylee and she would deny he was right until the cows come home.

I have never seen someone in this much denial three years after a death happened.

IMO

After Cindy got through laying out all the ridiculous excuses: 1. post partum schizophrenia 2. Brain Tumor 3. Gran Mal Seizures......I loved it when Dr. Phil just looked straight at her never cracking a smile and asked her:

"Have you ever considered that she just may be a narcissistic psychopath?" (Paraphrasing) That was priceless. He got down to the nitty gritty and that is exactly what he believes Casey is.:floorlaugh:

I think George thinks she is too.

imo

I do think that that was the highlight of the whole episode.

Dr Phil is an entertainment show in the world of mostly "make believe". Based on that, I guess you can call it a huge success.

I actually thought the interview or (interrogation lol) was one of the best I have seen in years.

Dr. Phil asked very hard hitting relevant questions.

I admit I am looking forward to part II tomorrow and I haven't watch DP in years.

IMO

Admittedly I have not read the entire thread. Has anyone brought up the money they were paid for the interview? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I KNOW it is a donation to the "foundation". Anyway, will any of these journalists ask this question? WTH? Why is no one asking? It's a 501c3 right? HOW.MUCH.DID.THEY.GET.PAID? And, yes, I'm yelling.

Follow the money. They had to come up with something new/different to boost their media stock.

Dr Phil opened the show by saying that the Anthonys didn't ask for any money and weren't paid. He said that they did ask him if he would make a donation to their foundation when it's licensed and up & running, and he said he would. He also said that the Anthonys will not derive any inome from that foundation.

So unless Dr Phil is lying (and I don't think he would lie about that), neither they nor their foundation has gotten a penny. I would guess that the time to yell might be when/if a donation is actually made.

Im hoping I dont have to eat my words tomorrow..lol Im hoping Cindy is honest enough to say, she,is horrified by what KC did, and because of it does not think she could ever have any sort of relationship with her again.

bbm

What more do you think Cindy could have done during those 31 days?

Your right. Sadly by then it was to late. But Cindy had the opportunity to stop this monster much earlier. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!