Dr. Teresa Sievers - Motives and Theories (Including MS speculation)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if CWW payoff was to come from a life insurance policy ? The money probably wont be released until suspects are cleared. So there may not be a money trail. jmo

Another thought I recently had was that maybe the account set up so quickly could have been a ploy to cover-up for the motive- of obtaining a size-able life insurance policy. To the public the account was set up immediately after her death, however for someone "planning" ahead- maybe not such a knee- jerk reaction, as we have initially thought. Later, MS apologized and the fund was changed over to a charity etc. This may speak a little to the motivation and MS desperate attempt to never work another day in his
life. Possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question but how would LE ever find out about a life insurance policy? Could MS have one that no one knows about?

Another thought I recently had was that maybe the account set up so quickly could have been a ploy to cover-up for the motive- of size able life insurance policy. To the public the account was set up immediately after her her death, however for someone "planning" ahead- maybe not initially. Later, MS apologized and the fund was changed over to a charity etc. This may speak a little to the motivation and MS desperate attempt to never work another day in his lazy life. Possible.
The was quickly set up by a dear friend and colleague of TS, and I imagine this friend/colleague is entirely innocent.

Did anyone notice that the picture on the page is now a picture of the two girls?

The was quickly set up by a dear friend and colleague of TS, and I imagine this friend/colleague is entirely innocent.

We have been back and forth on the account- while media reported the colleague set it up- it was linked to his FB account. It was likely not set up completely unknowable to MS. There is more to that account IMO than its mere existence. It can become a public way to make a statement and garner pity. Most normal human beings likely felt sorry for this man AT FIRST. I'm not posting here to change people's perspectives.
If any of the firm "MS had nothing to do with this" would honestly reflect and offer their strongest reason for supporting him- AS well as the one thing that leans you toward the fence- I would love to hear from you!!

Maybe it would be a productive conversation but forget I mentioned it- I believe beach may have said- we are not ready.

Dumb question but how would LE ever find out about a life insurance policy? Could MS have one that no one knows about?
Bumping this question. I have wondered this about any investigation, not specifically this one. I doubt there is an existing national database, so the only way would be to go through personal papers? Perhaps law enforcement would be contacted by any and all companies, or somewhere at the courthouse that handles the death certificates? If they would only rely on finding such papers in a home file, that would be a pretty bad system, especially in case of death by floods, fires, landslides, hurricanes etc...
Good question IQ.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Bumping this question. I have wondered this about any investigation, not specifically this one. I doubt there is an existing national database, so the only way would be to go through personal papers? Perhaps law enforcement would be contacted by any and all companies, or somewhere at the courthouse that handles the death certificates? If they would only rely on finding such papers in a home file, that would be a pretty bad system, especially in case of death by floods, fires, landslides, hurricanes etc...
Good question IQ.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

They would check the bank account(s) for any regular life insurance payments and contact the person's lawyer(s), accountants etc.

-Nin

They would check the bank account(s) for any regular life insurance payments and contact the person's lawyer(s), accountants etc.

-Nin

I don't think this is correct, NIN. LE can't check MS's bank accounts without a subpeona duces tecum and they would have a hard time securing one right now.

In this case, I believe there are 2 ways LE would/could be aware of life insurance policies: 1) the executor and the attorney who drew up the will would be aware (even if it is not specified in the written document) and 2) in this case (since it is a homicide), there is little doubt that the insurance company who issued the policy would contact LE before disbursing funds to make sure the beneficiary was not a suspect.

I don't think this is correct, NIN. LE can't check MS's bank accounts without a subpeona duces tecum and they would have a hard time securing one right now.

In this case, I believe there are 2 ways LE would/could be aware of life insurance policies: 1) the executor and the attorney who drew up the will would be aware (even if it is not specified in the written document) and 2) in this case (since it is a homicide), there is little doubt that the insurance company who issued the policy would contact LE before disbursing funds to make sure the beneficiary was not a suspect.

Oh yeah, pay them insurance premiums month after month, year after year, but they will double, triple check with LE before dispersing life insurance payout. JMOO (I have a little bit of experience with this due to murder of BIL).

Sorry to quote myself but I just took a shower and was thinking about this. (uh yeah, I tend to brainstorm while in the shower or while trying to fall asleep in bed. :iamashamed:)

Occam's Razor's theory for me is simply that during LE's interviews of Mark, they surely asked him about life insurance policies. He would be a complete fool to lie or attempt to hide knowledge of a policy that he knew existed. MS is many things but stupid isn't one of them. I imagine he told them about it. Just a guess

Sorry to quote myself but I just took a shower and was thinking about this. (uh yeah, I tend to brainstorm while in the shower or while trying to fall asleep in bed. :iamashamed:)

Occam's Razor's theory for me is simply that during LE's interviews of Mark, they surely asked him about life insurance policies. He would be a complete fool to lie or attempt to hide knowledge of a policy that he knew existed. MS is many things but stupid isn't one of them. I imagine he told them about it. Just a guess

I'm sure LE asked Mark about their financial situation and if they have any life insurance policies. They would also get subpoenas to verify the information given is correct.

I don't see why a judge would refuse LE subpoenas in a case like this.

JMO

The reality of life insurance is, the vast majority of responsible, loving families have life insurance. There is a whole business devoted to selling life insurance polices, therefore life insurance doesn't equate to murder. So just because there may or may not be a life insurance isn't necessarily significant UNLESS it was obtained in a sinister manner.

The reality of life insurance is, the vast majority of responsible, loving families have life insurance. There is a whole business devoted to selling life insurance polices, therefore life insurance doesn't equate to murder. So just because there may or may not be a life insurance isn't necessarily significant UNLESS it was obtained in a sinister manner.

Life insurance can be a motive if they were in financial trouble and/or the amount of insurance is extremely large.

JMO.

The timing of obtaining life insurance could be a factor also.

If they had a small policy (or none at all) when they were doing well and then increased the amount significantly after having financial troubles that would look suspicious to me.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member