Dr. Teresa Sievers - Motives and Theories (Including MS speculation)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of obtaining life insurance could be a factor also.

If they had a small policy (or none at all) when they were doing well and then increased the amount significantly after having financial troubles that would look suspicious to me.

JMO.

Exactly right, insurance can be a motive for murder for a variety of reasons. But just because a person had a life insurance policy before they died is not significant, actually its normal. At this point we don't have any facts or we don't even know if there was a policy. But I would highly suspect there was life insurance because TS seems to be the type of person who would want to protect her family in case of tragedy.

I don't think this is correct, NIN. LE can't check MS's bank accounts without a subpeona duces tecum and they would have a hard time securing one right now.

In this case, I believe there are 2 ways LE would/could be aware of life insurance policies: 1) the executor and the attorney who drew up the will would be aware (even if it is not specified in the written document) and 2) in this case (since it is a homicide), there is little doubt that the insurance company who issued the policy would contact LE before disbursing funds to make sure the beneficiary was not a suspect.

I believe AR alluded to the fact that the Siever's finances were not what they seemed. Which makes me think LE discovered that the Siever's were not as flush as MS wanted others to believe.

Wouldn't LE have been able secure a subpoena to access Teresa's financial info (personal & business bank accounts, etc...) initially? Thus, any bank accounts etc... that were in both she and MS's name may have been accessed via subpoena. I imagine that MS had a bank account or two of his own and TS may have been in the dark about it.

Idk, the was a big red flag for us. I can't imagine LE not looking at TS's personal and business finances and thus MS's by default since he was financially dependent upon TS. I believe the life insurance policy would have been reviewed from a motive standpoint.

I just watched this video for the first time, no doubt it's been presented here before, but, I really dislike the way her partner At the practice said "she lived big and well, she she died big" almost justifying it. It was the stupidest expression and I wished I could have reached out and shaken the commenter. Were all the people in Teresa's practice this terribly uncouth 24/7? Sheesh.

http://fox4now.video.jrn.com/Dr-Teresa-Sievers-partner-speaks-out-Tara-Molina-29322822

that was a little creepy. "she died big'? that would be the LAST thing i would say about someone i loved. dying in those HORRIFIC circumstances as dying big? I dunno.

I know we are going to find out that there is a large insurance policy and that Teresa's family and office finances were not in order. I have said before that Mark controlled the household and the office finances and I know this first hand. I can't say more than that but I strongly believe based on a few different significant things that we are going to find out that there is a large insurance policy and that Teresa's family and office finances were not in order. Teresa was a practicing physician at the time of her death for over 15 years (since 1999). Even with the hundreds of thousands in student loans and advanced degrees you would think that her finances would be stabilizing after 15 years. The problem was MS and his control of the finances and his need for a certain material image and his need for the biggest house on the block and his never ending obsession with money. If MS could have bailed on that house and moved somewhere else he would have done so by now. He hasn't and we are going to find out that this is because he owes more on the house then he could sell it for in the current market. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn of equity loans against the house. Nothing would surprise me. The insurance was going to be the big pay day that he would have shared with his BFF of 30 years for a job accomplished. The account was the stop gap measure. The long term plan was to keep the practice going. Time will tell.

I know we are going to find out that there is a large insurance policy and that Teresa's family and office finances were not in order. I have said before that Mark controlled the household and the office finances and I know this first hand. I can't say more than that but I strongly believe based on a few different significant things that we are going to find out that there is a large insurance policy and that Teresa's family and office finances were not in order. Teresa was a practicing physician at the time of her death for over 15 years (since 1999). Even with the hundreds of thousands in student loans and advanced degrees you would think that her finances would be stabilizing after 15 years. The problem was MS and his control of the finances and his need for a certain material image and his need for the biggest house on the block and his never ending obsession with money. If MS could have bailed on that house and moved somewhere else he would have done so by now. He hasn't and we are going to find out that this is because he owes more on the house then he could sell it for in the current market. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn of equity loans against the house. Nothing would surprise me. The insurance was going to be the big pay day that he would have shared with his BFF of 30 years for a job accomplished. The account was the stop gap measure. The long term plan was to keep the practice going. Time will tell.

Thanks AmazonRain. I totally agree.

I don't think this is correct, NIN. LE can't check MS's bank accounts without a subpeona duces tecum and they would have a hard time securing one right now.

In this case, I believe there are 2 ways LE would/could be aware of life insurance policies: 1) the executor and the attorney who drew up the will would be aware (even if it is not specified in the written document) and 2) in this case (since it is a homicide), there is little doubt that the insurance company who issued the policy would contact LE before disbursing funds to make sure the beneficiary was not a suspect.

Is a subpoena necessary if MS gave permission to access all parts of their lives? We talked about this in another case and wondered that even if permission is given, a subpoena was preferred as a paper trail and CYA? Anybody know? If he told them they had life insurance on each other, they wouldn't need the bank accounts to verify it, they'd have the policy records and permission to speak to the agent. They'd still want to examine bank accounts of course. Would a subpoena be considered a waste of time and effort if they have free access? Might be question for AZLawyer :D

Just wondering if there would be a way to hide a policy? Say they had policies that MS told LE about. But what if MS had a large one that he never told her (or LE) about and could have been paying premiums in cash? Is there a way to find out? I guess when a death certificate is presented to the company they would contact LE?

I have seen cases where suspects have "forgotten" to mention a policy to LE, especially when there's more than one. Also I wonder how many policies never get collected on because family just didn't know they existed. It's sometimes an "unmentionable" for family discussions.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if there would be a way to hide a policy? Say they had policies that MS told LE about. But what if MS had a large one that he never told her (or LE) about and could have been paying premiums in cash? Is there a way to find out? I guess when a death certificate is presented to the company they would contact LE?

Thee are certainly ways to hide them, since the way to find them would be financial estate planners etc and reviewing bank accounts for pmt of them. But if there are unknown bank accounts that weren't in TS name for example, how would they find them prior to arrest and ability to subpoena? I completely agree with AR and her take on this, and since he had control of the finances it could go deeper than a large life insurance payout, he could have been funneling funds into bank accounts in his name only for some time. In theory.

Thee are certainly ways to hide them, since the way to find them would be financial estate planners etc and reviewing bank accounts for pmt of them. But if there are unknown bank accounts that weren't in TS name for example, how would they find them prior to arrest and ability to subpoena? I completely agree with AR and her take on this, and since he had control of the finances it could go deeper than a large life insurance payout, he could have been funneling funds into bank accounts in his name only for some time. In theory.
I agree, as well. From watching too much ID channel, it seems that anyone (even non-relatives) can take out a life insurance policy on someone else.

ETA: Plus, I've always wondered how these policies are tracked. It's not like they have to go through the legal system.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm certain that LE has the ability to get the necessary subpoenas to fully investigate the Sievers financials.

I guess it's possible that Mark bought a life insurance policy on Teresa using an account unknown to her. But LE should be able to find that account.

I'm not sure life insurance companies would take cash payments. Seems like it would open themselves up to being taken by someone wanting to kill for the payoff.

JMO.

Wont someone have to provide a death certificate to collect? A huge red flag will go up when its discovered she was murdered. jmo.

Wont someone have to provide a death certificate to collect? A huge red flag will go up when its discovered she was murdered. jmo.

Yes....you do have to provide the insurance company with the "long form" death certificate which lists cause of death.

I agree, as well. From watching too much ID channel, it seems that anyone (even non-relatives) can take out a life insurance policy on someone else.

ETA: Plus, I've always wondered how these policies are tracked. It's not like they have to go through the legal system.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not the case with TS/MS but- I have company paid LI from my employer with buy up options. I can add additional coverage for myself, my spouse and children for a fee deducted from my paycheck and my family/spouse would not know. Also, my husband can do the same for me and the children without us knowing. We obviously speak about these things and share joint accounts but I could see a SO having insurance on someone without their knowledge. JMO

Is a subpoena necessary if MS gave permission to access all parts of their lives? We talked about this in another case and wondered that even if permission is given, a subpoena was preferred as a paper trail and CYA? Anybody know? If he told them they had life insurance on each other, they wouldn't need the bank accounts to verify it, they'd have the policy records and permission to speak to the agent. They'd still want to examine bank accounts of course. Would a subpoena be considered a waste of time and effort if they have free access? Might be question for AZLawyer :D

I agree with beach that MS would have revealed any life insurance plans to LE. Otherwise, he would just look 100% guilty when LE inevitably found out about them.

Technically LE wouldn't need a subpoena if MS gave permission for them to access his records, but some banks, insurance companies, etc. insist upon one even when it isn't needed. I think LE could get a subpoena if they needed one, though.

BBM, do you actually know this or you highly suspect it?

Parts of this I know to be true and parts are my suspicions based on other things that I can't say at this time. Sorry.

I still don't get the obsessed with money statements. There are a lot of ways people can be obsessed with money, like talking about how much money they have or will have, talking about other people and how much money they have, showing off stuff they have, or talking about stuff they want, talking about how much they owe, talking about making money, having money out owing money. I'm not saying you're mistaken but for clarification. Money is one of the most common topics in America. A 2800 square foot home is not living like Trump, especially with two kids and working from home. Does he have an antique car collection somewhere? Around me there's lots of obsession with money, but in the way we are all trying to deal with the ever rising cost of living and insurance, and the fact that pay raises tend to barely keep up. Did he go around belittling people who are less fortunate or what? Because that might tick off Wayne. Maybe he is going to be found a victim after all

I still don't get the obsessed with money statements. There are a lot of ways people can be obsessed with money, like talking about how much money they have or will have, talking about other people and how much money they have, showing off stuff they have, or talking about stuff they want, talking about how much they owe, talking about making money, having money out owing money. I'm not saying you're mistaken but for clarification. Money is one of the most common topics in America. A 2800 square foot home is not living like Trump, especially with two kids and working from home. Does he have an antique car collection somewhere? Around me there's lots of obsession with money, but in the way we are all trying to deal with the ever rising cost of living and insurance, and the fact that pay raises tend to barely keep up. Did he go around belittling people who are less fortunate or what? Because that might tick off Wayne. Maybe he is going to be found a victim after all

From the moment I first met MS, he spoke about money in every single conversation. I call that an obsession. If someone talked about the St. Louis Cardinals in every single conversation, I would call it an obsession with the St. Louis Cardinals. There were many other indicators about his obsession with money, but that was the most obvious.

Well- this is the motives thread involving speculation of MS and money can be considered a common and here- a very relevant motive for TS untimely death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member