Drew Funneling Money To Steve

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
panthera says:

I know he left for a belated honeymoon, but that wasn't this week was it?

That week he was off could have been the time he was babysitting his nephews and niece which was established by video cameras.
I'm not sure when the honeymoon was but you're probably right about the babysitting and for sure he wouldn't need a week off even if he did help DP dispose of Stacy.

Is Geraldo still on??

If so, can anyone post what is being said? Or if it's Greta, or anything relating to the Peterson case???

No speakers here and no tv availability now.

Thanks so much! Still though, Steve wouldn't be a beneficiary unless both she and DP died together and her children were still mentioned. It's still interesting that the Will was witnessed by two other cops and wasn't even typed or from a lawyer.
Thanks for the reference. I notice the link is outdated and doesn't work now. The snipped portion did mention what I had heard. Son Steve is mentioned. It appears to be a standard joint will. Each inherit the other's assets, then the children. Hand written bothers me, you can do these on line for under $100. Since it was a joint will, it should have been easy for DP to access. After all it was his will too. Very suspicious, IMO.

The BarnGod has City Confidential on and at 7 we have to switch to ESPN for the National Finals Rodeo from Las Vegas. We missed the earlier broadcasts, but our vet was at our banks new building Grand Opening party and we caught wind of it, so my TV time is allocated. That's ok, I love City Confidential.

Is Geraldo still on??

If so, can anyone post what is being said? Or if it's Greta, or anything relating to the Peterson case???

No speakers here and no tv availability now.
Yes he's still on but nothing much more than what was already posted. He just went over some of the same things that Greta has including the video clip of Mark about the cell phone records (that was from her show). ;)

Thanks for the reference. I notice the link is outdated and doesn't work now. The snipped portion did mention what I had heard. Son Steve is mentioned. It appears to be a standard joint will. Each inherit the other's assets, then the children. Hand written bothers me, you can do these on line for under $100. Since it was a joint will, it should have been easy for DP to access. After all it was his will too. Very suspicious, IMO.
I think it's strange in this day, especially like you mention, who would hand write one on notebook paper when you can do it on the computer?

Can you give us highlights? It must be of current interest if Fox is picking up on it. Any suspicions raised in the original article?

A will emerges

A year after Savio's death and the beginning of the legal proceedings to settle her affairs, a will emerged. It was submitted in court on March 23, 2005. Hand-written in capital letters, it was scrawled across two pieces of lined notebook paper and witnessed by Alex J. Morelli and Gary L. Marcolina.

A man named Alex Morelli is a Bolingbrook police officer, and Herald News archives show a man named Gary Marcolina is a developer in the Crest Hill area. "This day March 2nd 1997 Drew Walter Peterson and Kathleen Savio Peterson, both being of sound body and mind, do hereby bequeath all of our worldly possessions to each other in the event of either of our individual deaths," begins the will filed with court documents. If they died together, the couple wanted everything to go to certain people, among them Tom and Kris Peterson, their children, and Eric Drew Peterson and Stephen Paul Peterson, Drew Peterson's children from another relationship.

The will lists some of their assets:
• A Golden Rule life insurance policy valued at $100,000
• A Monumental Life Insurance policy valued at $125,000
• A Prudential Life Insurance policy valued at $308,137.59 -- "Beneficiary Merchants Bank Oswego to pay off note for Sud's Pub in Montgomery," according to the will.
• Bolingbrook Police Pension fund of more than $50,000
• A piece of real estate listed as 9 Clay Court, Montgomery
• The Blue Lightning Corp., or Sud's Pub, 1250 S. Broadway, Montgomery
• Da Page Corp., Fast 'N' Accurate Graphics, 87 Eisenhower South, Lombard
• A quarter interest in CMYK Corp., listed as a printing business in "Lombard-Naperville," according to the will
http://tinyurl.com/2d8g7r
Link no longer live

panthera says:

I know he left for a belated honeymoon, but that wasn't this week was it?

That week he was off could have been the time he was babysitting his nephews and niece which was established by video cameras.

According to media reports, Steve did go on a honeymoon. But that it was extended several times. At the same time his dept pulled files to investigate him and others in the department for wrongdoing. He finally returned about 10 days ago. Randy Mucha commented here at WS that Steve was merely using up accumilated vacation days.

I'd think he would've spent all he got from Kathleen's death already, with the RV, plane, expensive "toys" and whatnot ~ so it seems strange that he's got this much cash to move around to Steve's bank account. Another question is why transfer it when Stacy goes missing?

200K was from a check Drew wrote from a home equity account. So his house was probably paid off. And probably from the sale of property gained in the divorce and death of Kathleen.

thanks pathera!

Tom's Girl: That was the exact will I was seeking for BarnGoddess. Thanks again.

Keep the date that the will was submitted in court in mind, March 23, 2005.

Kathleen's DOD is 3/1/04.

If I am incorrect in any of those dates, please correct me!

Thank you so much Tom's Girl. I appreciate the information. Given the insurance policies, there would appear to be more at her death, or the policies were on her and not him. Interesting about the other businesses.

Anyone hear further what was said on Geraldo about when the money was withdrawn? We reasonably know where 200K came from. But I always felt there was a reason Drew said Stacy ran off with 25K. And that the reason was because there was a money trail Drew needed to account for.

Anyone hear further what was said on Geraldo about when the money was withdrawn? We reasonably know where 200K came from. But I always felt there was a reason Drew said Stacy ran off with 25K. And that the reason was because there was a money trail Drew needed to account for.
It was mentioned that some could've been withdrawn before she went missing. I think it's really interesting now to hear about the transfers to Steve taken with those statements DP made about Stacy taking $25,000.

I have a feeling that the $250,000 DrewP gave to Steve is money to be used for bail.
DrewP could have waited until he was arrested, then have given Steve power of attorney to access his accounts. But I don't think he could have gotten an equity loan for DrewP. So in order to get that amount of money together, I think DrewP did it early.

I have a feeling that the $250,000 DrewP gave to Steve is money to be used for bail.
DrewP could have waited until he was arrested, then have given Steve power of attorney to access his accounts. But I don't think he could have gotten an equity loan for DrewP. So in order to get that amount of money together, I think DrewP did it early.
Oh, I hadn't thought about him planning ahead for bail! :doh:

It doesn't really matter how one looks at it.....funneling money to one's son the day one's wife goes missing fails the smell test.

It doesn't really matter how one looks at it.....funneling money to one's son the day one's wife goes missing fails the smell test.
You're exactly right! It does look fishy but I'm sure he'd have a ready answer for it! :liar:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68
Back